Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 11, 2022 2:28 PM
May 2022
Wow, that's very interesting.
Jul 11, 2022 2:33 PM

Apr 2012
ZXEAN said:
Phlaryx said:

Nah nah nah. It’s not just you lol. In general, the idea of getting offended on someone else’s behalf whom you’ve never met and has been long dead is absolutely silly. Dazai ain’t gonna be rolling in his grave over some anime about him y’all should just rest easy lol.
Damm what type of logic is this. Judging by your statement it seem you will gladly watch a ecchi anime centred around Junko Furuta.

With his logic, it makes no sense for you to be offended by insulting the memory of the victims of war or crimes, because they have been dead for a long time and you have not met them. Some kind of over-the-top edgy.
Jul 11, 2022 3:26 PM

Jun 2019
DrBalls said:
I love how people are saying this is disrespectful, while completely ignoring Dazai from Bungou Stray Dogs. Yeah, this is disrespectful, but an anime only treating Dazais suicidal thoughts as comic relief isn't...anime fans in a nutshell.

Nah that is disrespectful too.
Jul 11, 2022 3:38 PM
Jul 2017
ZXEAN said:
Phlaryx said:

Nah nah nah. It’s not just you lol. In general, the idea of getting offended on someone else’s behalf whom you’ve never met and has been long dead is absolutely silly. Dazai ain’t gonna be rolling in his grave over some anime about him y’all should just rest easy lol.
Damm what type of logic is this. Judging by your statement it seem you will gladly watch a ecchi anime centred around Junko Furuta.

And? What if I did watch it? Does that make me a bad person? Watching something like that doesn’t mean I celebrate the horrible shit that happened to her. The hell are you smoking.
Jul 11, 2022 3:48 PM

Jul 2019
guys it's just anime, relax!!!!!!

looking forward.
Jul 11, 2022 4:26 PM

Apr 2022
This is actually really good. It was made by the same guy that made Love after World Domination. I was expecting the mermaid to get adapted first but hey, not gonna complain.
I may make you feel but I can't make you think.

Jul 11, 2022 4:58 PM

Sep 2020
Phlaryx said:
ZXEAN said:

And? What if I did watch it? Does that make me a bad person? Watching something like that doesn’t mean I celebrate the horrible shit that happened to her. The hell are you smoking.
What the hell are you smoking lol and yes ofcourse if you are supporting this kind of shit then it's obvious that you are celebrating the horrible shit that happened to her.

Btw do you consider this to be disrespectful or not !?
ZXEANJul 11, 2022 5:46 PM
Jul 11, 2022 4:59 PM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
ZXEAN said:

With his logic, it makes no sense for you to be offended by insulting the memory of the victims of war or crimes, because they have been dead for a long time and you have not met them. Some kind of over-the-top edgy.
Over the top cringe lord to be honest.
Jul 11, 2022 5:09 PM

Sep 2013
This fits madhouse so well but I think they might be too busy for it.
I hope it's not polygon pictures.
Jul 11, 2022 5:30 PM

Sep 2020
ichii_1 said:
Most probably Project No.9 or Lidenflims will adapt this.
Jul 11, 2022 5:46 PM
Jul 2017
ZXEAN said:
Phlaryx said:

What the hell are you smoking. So you will not consider that making a ecchi anime centred around Junko Furuta disrespectful 👏 plus you will watch it 👏👏👏

Yes if you are supporting this kind of shit then it's obvious that you are celebrating the horrible shit that happened to her.

Except it doesn’t celebrate or support the team who made it if you just pirate it lmao. Just because I watch something that’s bad or disrespectful doesn’t mean I have to like it or agree with the subject matter. You can go out of your way to watch bad shows. Separate the fiction from reality bruh. Go touch some grass already and stop crying over fake shit. We’re done here.
Jul 11, 2022 5:47 PM

Apr 2012
ZXEAN said:
ichii_1 said:

I don't know, the synopsis already looks too arthouse. Even if it was written by the author of the rom-com manga.
Jul 11, 2022 5:48 PM

Sep 2020
Phlaryx said:
ZXEAN said:
What the hell are you smoking. So you will not consider that making a ecchi anime centred around Junko Furuta disrespectful 👏 plus you will watch it 👏👏👏

Yes if you are supporting this kind of shit then it's obvious that you are celebrating the horrible shit that happened to her.

Except it doesn’t celebrate or support the team who made it if you just pirate it lmao. Just because I watch something that’s bad or disrespectful doesn’t mean I have to like it or agree with the subject matter. You can go out of your way to watch bad shows. Separate the fiction from reality bruh. Go touch some grass already and stop crying over fake shit. We’re done here.
btw do you consider it to be disrespectful or not ?
Jul 11, 2022 5:49 PM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
ZXEAN said:

I don't know, the synopsis already looks too arthouse. Even if it was written by the author of the rom-com manga.
Yaa the synopsis is unique but I don't think any big studio will pick this up.
Jul 11, 2022 5:51 PM

Apr 2012
ZXEAN said:
RobertBobert said:

That's exactly what I wanted to say. It sounds too weird to be a mainstream show.
Jul 11, 2022 5:57 PM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
ZXEAN said:

That's exactly what I wanted to say. It sounds too weird to be a mainstream show.
ok!!! My bad. Have you seen Aoi Bungaku Series ? I heard it's very depressing so I keep avoiding that but may be I should check that out.
Jul 11, 2022 6:03 PM

Apr 2012
ZXEAN said:
RobertBobert said:

ok!!! My bad. Have you seen Aoi Bungaku Series ? I heard it's very depressing so I keep avoiding that but may be I should check that out.

I wouldn't say it's depressing. It's just something to watch in a French beret and with a cup of whiskey, snorting happily every time during the plot moments.
Jul 11, 2022 6:09 PM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
ZXEAN said:

I wouldn't say it's depressing. It's just something to watch in a French beret and with a cup of whiskey, snorting happily every time during the plot moments.
Lol I will watch it then.
ZXEANJul 11, 2022 6:33 PM
Jul 11, 2022 9:06 PM
Jul 2021
Blue_Maroon said:
DrBalls said:
I love how people are saying this is disrespectful, while completely ignoring Dazai from Bungou Stray Dogs. Yeah, this is disrespectful, but an anime only treating Dazais suicidal thoughts as comic relief isn't...anime fans in a nutshell.

But it aint, this series aint making fun of Dazais life. Its just basing the mc on Dazai and placing him in an isekai.
Jul 11, 2022 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
What in the parody is this???
Jul 12, 2022 7:43 AM
Jul 2021
can someone explain to me what is morally wrong about making this kind of story?(like genuinely asking)
Jul 12, 2022 8:04 AM

Apr 2012
jasperware said:
can someone explain to me what is morally wrong about making this kind of story?(like genuinely asking)

People believe that such a parody story makes fun of the real tragedy of a real person.
Jul 12, 2022 8:23 AM
Jul 2021
RobertBobert said:
jasperware said:

People believe that such a parody story makes fun of the real tragedy of a real person.

im sorry i dont get it. have they read it? is this being a comedic story inherently disrespectful to the real person depicted?
Jul 12, 2022 8:25 AM

Apr 2012
jasperware said:
RobertBobert said:

im sorry i dont get it. have they read it? is this being a comedic story inherently disrespectful to the real person depicted?

The synopsis is enough for them to draw such a conclusion. They don't like the idea.
Jul 12, 2022 12:36 PM

Jun 2019
DrBalls said:
Blue_Maroon said:

But it aint, this series aint making fun of Dazais life. Its just basing the mc on Dazai and placing him in an isekai.

I haven't read this source material so I can't speak on it too firmly, but it was more a dig on his portrayal in Stray Dogs.
Jul 13, 2022 2:44 AM

Feb 2019
Phlaryx said:
O_T_T said:

Ok, I complain that Bungou Stray Dogs's depiction is disrespectful too. What now?

Are you saying this to play the devil’s advocate, or do you genuinely feel that way? If someone finds both depictions offensive then I’ll still disagree either way lol.

I'm going after both routes, I'd say. The logic of "nobody complained about X in Y so they can't talk about X in Z" is ridiculous, but it is also a genuinely offensive depiction, reducing an artist to one single already unfunny joke about suicide, a regretful but ultimately minor event in their life. It'd be akin to every single depiction of William Shakespeare bawling about the death of their son and having no characterisation beyond that.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jul 13, 2022 6:48 AM

Apr 2012
O_T_T said:
Phlaryx said:

Are you saying this to play the devil’s advocate, or do you genuinely feel that way? If someone finds both depictions offensive then I’ll still disagree either way lol.

I'm going after both routes, I'd say. The logic of "nobody complained about X in Y so they can't talk about X in Z" is ridiculous, but it is also a genuinely offensive depiction, reducing an artist to one single already unfunny joke about suicide, a regretful but ultimately minor event in their life. It'd be akin to every single depiction of William Shakespeare bawling about the death of their son and having no characterisation beyond that.

I find more offensive the idea of ​​"banning" some emotions just because some person thinks they are unjustified or stupid. People obviously have the right to find different meanings in the same things, but wasting time making fun of those who find something offensive that doesn't seem so to you is pretty toxic, I think.
Jul 14, 2022 3:27 PM

Oct 2021
forbidding someone to share any emotions is very stupid! I don't understand how it is possible to impose such bans?
Jul 17, 2022 7:32 AM

Jul 2019
Funny and poetic, I'll definitely want to watch it.
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Jul 18, 2022 2:17 AM

Dec 2020
This is inevitable anyways. Good to see this manga get an anime. Read the manga and its so good! Tsudaken as Not!Dazai would be nice because everytime I read this... I always think about Tsudaken's voice in Not!Dazai.

Would be interesting if studio like MAPPA adapted this but nah
Jul 23, 2022 6:55 PM

Sep 2016
So much fatherless behaviour in this topic lmao.

Moar isekai is always good, and isekai comedy is top notch.
bruh
Apr 29, 2023 7:43 AM
Jul 2016
Well I just wrote the best Negative review of the manga if you would like to read why this should 100% not get an anime:
https://myanimelist.net/manga/122150/Isekai_Shikkaku/reviews?spoiler=on
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Today, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Yesterday, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.