Forum Settings
Forums

Most annoying character type to you in anime/manga.

New
May 11, 2022 1:46 PM

Feb 2022
Now you must be wondering why the ex obese guys are included and are ready to destroy me with facts, logic, and rectitude. Hold on though, I have a good reason for it. Obesity permeates the soul in anime (actually, something like the mushoku tensei juxtapose where the ugly bastard big beautiful male comes out in certain scenes to make them more disturbing.)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 11, 2022 1:49 PM

Feb 2020
Gynophobic and monogamous dudes in harems (your vote)
May 11, 2022 1:52 PM

Feb 2022
Serafos said:
Gynophobic and monogamous dudes in harems (your vote)

Good choice lol I'm voting #1, but this is a close #2 for me XD
May 11, 2022 2:01 PM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
I legitimately cannot think of many obese protagonists.
May 11, 2022 2:04 PM

May 2014
This is specific but the FMC in Josei/Shoujo where FMC has no problem hanging out with other dudes alone while being in love/relationship/married to MC , This trope always felt borderline ntr to me I don't understand what so good of it to be included

I even read a manhwa where FMC literally went on a date to the Zoo with a guy while being married to MC , and the author treated it like some sort of adventure for her or to make sure she "loves" MC
May 11, 2022 2:05 PM

Feb 2022
_FRB_ said:

True, there aren't many. It's just the few larger than life figures that leave you with a gargantuan impact. Like the accel world protagonist.
May 11, 2022 2:06 PM

Oct 2013
_FRB_ said:

Only one I can think of is the fat kid from Accel World.
May 11, 2022 2:06 PM

Oct 2018
I only dislike characters that are always yelling/screaming/shouting and overpowered characters
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
May 11, 2022 2:07 PM

Feb 2022
JZO9 said:
This is specific but the FMC in Josei/Shoujo where FMC has no problem hanging out with other dudes alone while being in love/relationship/married to MC , This trope always felt borderline ntr to me I don't understand what so good of it to be included

I even read a manhwa where FMC literally went on a date to the Zoo with a guy while being married to MC , and the author treated it like some sort of adventure for her or to make sure she "loves" MC

Manhwa are the worst offenders when it comes to stuff like this in general. I see where you're coming from XD
May 11, 2022 2:08 PM

Feb 2022
Phosphophyllita said:
I only dislike characters that are always yelling/screaming/shouting and overpowered characters

Careful, yeager fans will show you no mercy.
May 11, 2022 2:11 PM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
ChouunShiryuu said:
_FRB_ said:

True, there aren't many. It's just the few larger than life figures that leave you with a gargantuan impact. Like the accel world protagonist.

I don't know anything about Accel World, so you've got me there, I would've never thought of it.

But still even beyond that I can't think of one.
May 11, 2022 2:18 PM

Feb 2022
_FRB_ said:

I don't blame you, there aren't too many.
There's rudy, shinka guy, masamune revenge guy. Many more in manga. What's your pick btw?
May 11, 2022 2:24 PM

Feb 2010
Badly written one-sided tsunderes in romance are almost unbearable for me to watch if they have a prominent role in the anime. There's some shows I will never ever watch because they have a MC like that.
I probably regret this post by now.
May 11, 2022 2:27 PM

Feb 2022
Alcoholicide said:
Badly written one-sided tsunderes in romance are almost unbearable for me to watch if they have a prominent role in the anime. There's some shows I will never ever watch because they have a MC like that.

I knew this one was coming soon lol I despise those too, esp when the show already belongs to the ecchi harem breed.
May 11, 2022 2:30 PM

May 2020
Where’s that separate category for those Yeager type protagonists.

Maybe try sleeping?

May 11, 2022 2:31 PM

Feb 2014
A whiny bitch mc is the worst. NGE and Tokyo Ghoul pop in my head as to who is guilty of this.
flaxman85 said:
slice of life = slice of waste my fucking time

brb grown ass men getting a hard on watching little pubescent girls playing music al instrument or doing random shit in school

wtf is this shit

fuckthisgayearth.gif
May 11, 2022 2:36 PM

Feb 2022
20Dumpling said:

That's a tricky one, idk if all the adjectives would even fit in there. For the time being, how about #3, good sir?
May 11, 2022 2:38 PM

Feb 2022
Completely_Numb said:
A whiny bitch mc is the worst. NGE and Tokyo Ghoul pop in my head as to who is guilty of this.

Oh i've seen worse haha a recent one is rent a gf.
May 11, 2022 2:39 PM

Jul 2021
Tsundere. Most definitely tsundere.
Although there are quite a lot of bad anime character tropes...
May 11, 2022 2:40 PM

Feb 2022
FALSE_G0D said:
The red-haired tsundere bitch. And what's up with these borderline unintelligable options?

Freedom of artistic expression lol, but yeah that red haired tsundere in harems, right?
May 11, 2022 2:41 PM

Feb 2022
JaniSIr said:
Tsundere. Most definitely tsundere.
Although there are quite a lot of bad anime character tropes...

haha seems everyone here hates them.
May 11, 2022 2:41 PM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
ChouunShiryuu said:
_FRB_ said:

There's rudy, shinka guy, masamune revenge guy. Many more in manga. What's your pick btw?

I guess generic glasses heroine since I'm pretty indifferent on anime glasses (no best girls with glasses like I said in the thread about it) and by generic I am assuming you mean bland.

I don't find most types of characters annoying, including ones in the poll, as long as they fit, but I guess with that there is a feeling of "it could've been better"
May 11, 2022 2:45 PM

Feb 2022
_FRB_ said:
ChouunShiryuu said:

I guess generic glasses heroine since I'm pretty indifferent on anime glasses (no best girls with glasses like I said in the thread about it) and by generic I am assuming you mean bland.

I don't find most types of characters annoying, including ones in the poll, as long as they fit, but I guess with that there is a feeling of "it could've been better"

Yeah, bland is the word. They feel so bland that I just dropped that word due to overlap of how both make me feel. Like i've seen the same thing everywhere. Thanks for responding, so it seems there isn't much you really hate.
May 11, 2022 2:46 PM

Oct 2021
Pervert who do pervert things for the sake of fanservices.
May 11, 2022 2:48 PM

Feb 2022
EdgyLord666 said:
Pervert who do pervert things for the sake of fanservices.

bonus points if they're a complete creep, a bit more than the average anime pervert.
May 11, 2022 2:51 PM

Sep 2008
Toss-up between the abusive tsun-type tsundere female characters and cowardly butt monkey male leads for a harem series. Both are among the most obnoxious character types I've seen in anime and are rather shallow since rom-com/ harem titles often milk them and said traits in a number of them are all there are to the characters in question.
May 11, 2022 2:52 PM

Feb 2022
FALSE_G0D said:
ChouunShiryuu said:

Freedom of artistic expression lol, but yeah that red haired tsundere in harems, right?

That's where the trope is most common indeed, though I hate tsunderes in general. The red-haired ones e.g. Eris seem to be the most insufferable though, since they play the shitty archetype the most faithfully, down to their very character design.

Tsunderes are much better when it's the whole classical tsundere thing. Eris bugged me a little too, but at this point I feel a bit desensitised after seeing even worse ones in ecchi-harem mangas. On the bright side, at least all the junk comes colour coded for you to identify lol.
May 11, 2022 2:53 PM

May 2020
ChouunShiryuu said:
20Dumpling said:

That's a tricky one, idk if all the adjectives would even fit in there. For the time being, how about #3, good sir?

#3 will definitely do for now, good sir.

Maybe try sleeping?

May 11, 2022 2:57 PM

Feb 2022
ggultra2764 said:
Toss-up between the abusive tsun-type tsundere female characters and cowardly butt monkey male leads for a harem series. Both are among the most obnoxious character types I've seen in anime and are rather shallow since rom-com/ harem titles often milk them and said traits in a number of them are all there are to the characters in question.

The whole genre is cursed with cliches, not tropes, pure template cliches lol. I think maybe those things would bug one less if they stir things up a bit.
May 12, 2022 2:38 AM

Oct 2008
Emo (self deprecating) types. No self confidence, pessimistic and indecisive.
May 12, 2022 2:56 AM
Seigi no Mikata

Sep 2021
  • One-dimensional Tsundere
  • Gary Stu protagonist
  • Not-only-useless-but-also-annoying Characters
  • Incompetent Villain
  • Super Hacker
May 12, 2022 3:00 AM

Nov 2016
Anyone seems bearable when compared to useless fucker like Kazuya from Rent a Girlfriend.
May 12, 2022 4:40 AM

Aug 2019
If they take up tons of screentime but still have literally zero agency in the narrative, then that's what I can't stand. However, that's hating them as a character, not as a person. I can still totally like them, but not like their presence.

In terms of hating characters as a person, the people I hate the most are pretenders. In real life too, this applies. I don't mean those folks who drop white lies here and there or act like someone they're not out of insecurity, but rather, I deplore people who genuinely believe themselves to be something when they're totally not that thing. I'm talking thinking you're the talk of the town when even the bartender doesn't know your name, bragging about how active your sex life is when you're the guy who's gonna get NTR'd, or playing up your fortune when even renting a Honda would give your wallet flashbacks to 2008. The thing is, there are people who know that they pretend, and deep down, they think they suck; I take pity on those people. But for the douchecanoes who are so deluded that they can't even see their own folly, now that's the shit that gets my pot stirred up.
May 12, 2022 5:05 AM

Dec 2016
Loud and whiny characters or spolied brats. I hate Asuka.
May 12, 2022 5:08 AM
Aug 2021
I have a very strong feeling of hatred towards the Protagonist who pretends to be able to do anything but becomes the trash of society.
May 12, 2022 5:11 AM

Aug 2020
Tsunderes and characters with high-pitched voices irritate me.

:(
I love bread

May 12, 2022 5:47 AM

Feb 2018
20Dumpling said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Yeager

May 12, 2022 9:39 AM

Feb 2022
SofiaBulga said:
Emo (self deprecating) types. No self confidence, pessimistic and indecisive.

Predicting your future free here, be careful of ikari shinji fans the next few days.
May 12, 2022 9:41 AM

Feb 2022
kizumi91 said:
  • One-dimensional Tsundere
  • Gary Stu protagonist
  • Not-only-useless-but-also-annoying Characters
  • Incompetent Villain
  • Super Hacker

Lol that's quite a few of them. The gary stu ones are at their worst when every living moment of theirs is spent on trying to self sacrifice lol like the ousama game guy.
May 12, 2022 9:43 AM

Feb 2022
Aroo-nyan said:
Anyone seems bearable when compared to useless fucker like Kazuya from Rent a Girlfriend.

That was the most punchable face in the entire year lol guy is a walking abomination. Like the mind broken, thirsty, dark alter ego of yuuki rito (that hairstyle ( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ)) .
May 12, 2022 9:44 AM

Feb 2022
Notoshin said:
The annoying character ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

yess, that one annoying character.
May 12, 2022 9:48 AM

Feb 2022
SAT0rii said:
If they take up tons of screentime but still have literally zero agency in the narrative, then that's what I can't stand. However, that's hating them as a character, not as a person. I can still totally like them, but not like their presence.

In terms of hating characters as a person, the people I hate the most are pretenders. In real life too, this applies. I don't mean those folks who drop white lies here and there or act like someone they're not out of insecurity, but rather, I deplore people who genuinely believe themselves to be something when they're totally not that thing. I'm talking thinking you're the talk of the town when even the bartender doesn't know your name, bragging about how active your sex life is when you're the guy who's gonna get NTR'd, or playing up your fortune when even renting a Honda would give your wallet flashbacks to 2008. The thing is, there are people who know that they pretend, and deep down, they think they suck; I take pity on those people. But for the douchecanoes who are so deluded that they can't even see their own folly, now that's the shit that gets my pot stirred up.

Seems you've had a bit too much of those kinds of guys. Also yeah agreed, the characters are there for a reason, make them do something lol
May 12, 2022 9:50 AM

Feb 2022
rubiadesiempre said:
Loud and whiny characters or spolied brats. I hate Asuka.

#MeToo, it's one of the top 4 types I despise the most.
May 12, 2022 9:58 AM

Feb 2022

The author needs his edgy peterpan syndrome power trip, i guess. Think of it as gap moe where they can do anything but overcome their bullying trauma lol.
May 12, 2022 10:05 AM

Feb 2022
i0o0i said:
Tsunderes and characters with high-pitched voices irritate me.

:(

The second one really irritates me too.
May 12, 2022 10:12 AM

Jul 2017
The types who are a combination of “wannabe/pseudo-intellectual + pompous ass who refuses to get off of his high horse.”
Example: Gilgamesh from Fate
May 12, 2022 10:14 AM

Jan 2013
Hardly any of these things bother me, but Zenitsu made me seriously consider giving Demon Slayer a 6, so that gets my vote.
May 12, 2022 10:24 AM
Nov 2019
The socially awkward beta who conveniently always attracts the hottest girl in school ala Nagatoro and Dress-Up Darling
May 12, 2022 11:02 AM

Feb 2021
The hero archetype who's stubborn and one dimensional about everything and has no character flaws as obstacles to overcome
May 12, 2022 12:29 PM

Feb 2022
4esthetics said:
The types who are a combination of “wannabe/pseudo-intellectual + pompous ass who refuses to get off of his high horse.”
Example: Gilgamesh from Fate

lol gilgamesh is up there. That male sibling from no game no life too. Their smugness gets to me too lmao
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Do you find how the anime community finds something to be edgy annoying?

vasipi4946 - 6 hours ago

12 by Ratris_Decision »»
3 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

972 by Animekiralover »»
7 minutes ago

» Why were children’s anime dubs so unappreciated?

funtime43_tr - Yesterday

25 by QPR »»
34 minutes ago

» Characters that ya think are a Genderbent You

IpreferEcchi - Apr 15

29 by 0arche »»
1 hour ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

92 by Dracowyn »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.