Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Teasing Master Takagi-san
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 15, 2022 6:45 AM

Jan 2017
They did the silent film technique and it worked for Takagi wow

Takagi's such a keeper with giving Nishikata that added push with his jog, even bought a sports drink for him aww
Jan 15, 2022 7:01 AM
Apr 2017
The first part of the episode was 11/10, sooo good.
Jan 15, 2022 8:25 AM

Jul 2021
Not gonna lie the beginning was no dialogue and it reminiscent a Tom and Jerry vibe, I love Tom and Jerry so I think this interpretation of a similar vibe is so well amused in a way but in Takagi's interpretation is no brutal than this. Nishikata already had the level of certainties/uncertainties but I couldn't understand his senses, why can't he feel the walking steps or any breathing from Takagi's end? That blue shiny thing Nishikata was holding while that Disney type music background was playing is somehow a very good hint of him to use as a tactic without the inner monolog to sabotage and making his own plan work but too bad Takagi saw him through all the process, and thus, his pranks ain't working xD! Anyways though this amusing Tom & Jerry scene could be an actual advertisement for the anime itself because the whole thing with whoever has a 1-2 brain cell can easily tell what overall context is given to this series :P. Finally they're back talking again lmao and now Takagi is checking Nishikata's own belongings and she's being a good tease here but honestly I'd fell for it if she were to say something is wrong but in a prankful way, meanwhile, Nishikata is checking Takagi's own belongings but Takagi is so dense over his inner monolog that relates to teasing Takagi and it's hilarious as always. Library segment is so wholesome and each of them talking about what they read and finding some book recommendations, how educative! Takagi for sure loves his dinosaurs theories and concept guide type of book, Takagi is sure is easy read but damn that confession to Nishikata went pretty smooth as butter but sadge it was coming from a line of a book she was reading but wait! "Because then you'd find out that line wasn't from the book" man nearly got baited but it turns out to be a dream come true ;) Lol Nisihikata running to win against Takagi was some dedication right there! :( Oh the sunset and the beach watching segment is too beautiful and visually contrastful, of course the moment between Takagi and Nisihikata is too adorable especially when Nishikata himself is blushing to Takagi :D! 2nd ED is so good, I love Judy And Mary - Rie's cover, very well done! Overall episode is great once again, can't wait to see where their relationship is starting to progress and some more fun tease <3
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 15, 2022 8:33 AM

Nov 2013
Oh great, it seems we'll be getting new ED every episode (maybe).
Jan 15, 2022 8:33 AM

Feb 2021
The silent comedy was pretty new and fun lol. Takagi-san saying "I love you" outta nowhere sure made Nishikata's heart skip a beat lol. The jog to the beach was definitely worth it.

Man, some anime really make you question if you're really living your life the right way...

Jan 15, 2022 12:27 PM

Jun 2020
Probably the first episode of the whole series I did not really like. The second part was great but the silent part was just awfully boring slugfest.
‘It may be admitted that if it were possible for us to have so deep an insight into a human's way of thinking, as it shows itself both through inner and outer actions, that every, even the least incentive to these actions and all external occasions which affect them, were so known to us, then his future conduct could be predicted as certainly as the appearance of a solar or a lunar eclipse.’ Critique of Practical Reason, p. 230 of the Rosenkranz.
Jan 15, 2022 5:05 PM
Jun 2017
That first part is cute and entertaining... Hahaha..

But that library part is just nice and sweet... And we have Takagi saying I LOVE YOU 😍😍😍😍
Jan 15, 2022 6:38 PM

Sep 2020
Every country has its own Mr. Bean.
He he he, I liked it a lot

This is bringing me tears of joy every moment
niko_sbJan 15, 2022 6:41 PM
Jan 15, 2022 8:01 PM

Feb 2020
BRUHH ITS SO WHOLESOME! And I also really liked the no talking style in the beginning of the episode, it really fit into the whole "following" kinda thing. Was also nice to see Takagi show more of her liking towards Nishikata instead of just blushing or something. She is starting to actually say it out loud now, not that Nishikata will ever catch on though LMAOOO

Jan 15, 2022 8:05 PM

Oct 2020
The first part reminds me of old western cartoon like Tom and Jerry plus that I love you from Takagi is sooooo wholesome

Jan 15, 2022 11:16 PM

Jul 2019
DeonX said:

Man, some anime really make you question if you're really living your life the right way...

If you are like 20 or younger there's still time to turn around your life and build a foundation, and if you are 30+ all you can do is enjoy animated youthful moments you didn't had in reality to brighten the routine. At least the latter part is my take on watching cute and carefree shows, surely someone could change for better without adjusting for age.
Jan 16, 2022 1:35 AM

Nov 2012
Damn, stalk for dummies to pro stalker the anime

My Candies:

Jan 16, 2022 1:55 AM

Aug 2015
I love how creative this season has been already. It's not going to be for everyone but they spent a third of the episode not speaking and I thought it was brilliant. The Romance has taken another step as well. During a Pandemic this is exactly the type of show I needed. So happy we're getting a third season AND a movie.
Jan 16, 2022 1:56 AM

Aug 2015
townghost said:
DeonX said:

If you are like 20 or younger there's still time to turn around your life and build a foundation, and if you are 30+ all you can do is enjoy animated youthful moments you didn't had in reality to brighten the routine. At least the latter part is my take on watching cute and carefree shows, surely someone could change for better without adjusting for age.

Thank you for being painfully accurate about my life. (30)
Jan 16, 2022 6:55 AM

Jun 2021
I loved those two segments without dialogues; it was like watching a silent movie, and the soundtrack was amazingly well.

Also, my heart melted when Takagi-san told Nishikata that she loved him, even if it was "a hidden code", to say somehow :")
Jan 16, 2022 8:48 AM

Aug 2017
Awesome soundtrack. This is just the cutest show I've ever seen.

Jan 16, 2022 4:54 PM

Jan 2013
i adore the classic cartoon style of the first two segments, reactionary music and everything
Jan 16, 2022 6:45 PM
Mar 2017
Did not expect them to add in the Yukari and Mina silent scene. If that were in the spin-off (which I have read) or the original manga I wouldn't have been against it

I think they may be running out o the 3 girls chapters and creating their own and I'm totally fine with that.

The music worked well with the first 8 minutes/first 2 silent scenes. Just like Joushikausei I think it worked well. Why not a silent scene, always enjoyable to see them. It's not Komi like because there is no audio in these silent scenes while in Komi it is no mouth opening but still. Either way nothing wrong with how they did it. I enjoyed it regardless but just had to make the comparison as it just came to mind now.

The way they have taken the manga/original spins has been really good so far.

The book scene was on point.

The rest was pretty good as usual with the chapters. Did feel the sunset scene landed more with the anime.

The dream from Episode 1 was higher but if going about different expectations for episodes I personally don't care but I can see why people would think different due to how crazy that dream was.

Either way a good second episode. I think unlike most changes/anime original input I think I'm going to like this season which doesn't happen a lot.
Suntanned_Duck2Jan 16, 2022 6:56 PM
Jan 17, 2022 12:07 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
this anime is relentlessly bombarding my weak heart with feels it cannot handle

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 17, 2022 1:44 AM

Dec 2020
silent comedy segment was pretty nice lol, i dont think id fancy it being used to often but i liked that one.

last bit was also really cute shut upppp takagi being able to watch the sunset with him with no efforts while shoujo protagonists has to do so much just to get the guy to go with them to the beach
Jan 17, 2022 8:59 AM

Aug 2018
Interesting & unexpected choice for the part of episode 3. It felt very different compared to the usual episodes but pretty pleasant.
Jan 17, 2022 4:10 PM

Nov 2019
What a great episode. Nishikata seems to have grown a little bit. He is trying less to constantly beat takagi with pranks. He's slowly accepting his feelings for her.
Jan 19, 2022 6:38 AM

Jan 2019
dam the sound director rly just went off this ep. good stuff.
Jan 19, 2022 10:31 AM
Dec 2019
Karakai jouzu no Jerry-san, lol
Jan 20, 2022 5:33 PM
Aug 2021
Genius! Loved the whole episode. Way to GO, Takagi-san! Sometimes just saying it, even if you hide it immediately, relieves enough of the pressure of your feelings to hang in there without cracking up or going too fast and scaring the other person away. And Nishikata is starting to be affected by her charms! Squueeeaaaal! Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 20, 2022 7:52 PM

Jun 2019
Great episode. Everything was on point and I loved the silent era callback in the beginning. The orchestral score was perfect and showed how much effort they placed into making it turn out as well as it did. I just watch this anime with a big, dumb smile on my face the entire time.
Jan 21, 2022 1:14 PM
May 2020
takagi showing us why she is a master veteran in the art of teasing in the first and last part of the episode
Jan 22, 2022 7:39 PM

Mar 2016
When you get 7 minutes into the episode before realising you forgot to hire the voice actors :P
The first double segment though was a nice, unexpected twist though. The whole background music moving with the characters strangely gave it a classic western cartoon vibe. Takagi is doing a lot less of the standard teasing from previous seasons here and is just enjoying her alone moments with Nishikata...who she still manages to play like a fiddle while dropping hints as clear as glass about how she feels...before deflecting them at Nishikata's expense :P
Jan 24, 2022 4:54 AM
Sep 2021
I missed Tom & Jerry. I hope everyone felt Tom & Jerry vibes from the music.
Jan 28, 2022 8:45 AM
Jul 2020
Didn't really like the 8minutes tom and jerry ngl. And also, the animation feels kinda off by abit in this ep huh?
Jan 28, 2022 10:28 AM

Oct 2021
In the ED of OP, Takaglitched.
Jan 29, 2022 7:18 AM

Sep 2017
Pretty bold choice for the first segment. I think it worked out pretty well tho.
Feb 20, 2022 6:22 AM

Jan 2021
2 episodes in and damn this season really got a different vibe compared to the other 2, like compared to the last two seasons takagi shows more of her feelings, and I feel like this got more romance element this season 3.. Since the anime is not following the manga, I feel like maybe this is the time where they will end up together.. but we don't know I cant wait to see how this will end ..

also the beginning really reminds me of cartoons I used to watched as a kid
Mar 6, 2022 12:41 AM
Jul 2018

Whelp, it looks like I found a good place to commemorate my 1000th forum post.

This season sure is getting experimental. With the beginning and ending being dream-themed segments in episode 1, and a completely instrumental segment in episode 2. Such great experimentation and creativity. And such a perfect musical piece, that the animation matched with seamlessly. I almost didn't want it to end. I enjoyed watching the characters hastily move about in sync with the whimsical music. You could also call it experimental that the same plot was reimagined with the three B-plot friends, as I call them.
I also appreciate how they manage to jampack episodes with so much variety. After those two segments, there were the desk inspection and library scenes, which were great. Very endearing seeing Nishikata show so much interest in an illustrated dinosaur book.
And the final "jogging" segment has to be one of my favorites from this entire series. Even though they kinda ruined it with Nishikata being pessimistic at the end. I would've liked the scene to end with Nishikata accepting Takagi's compliment and feeling fulfilled, with Takagi feeling happy for him.
Whatever the case, it was a beautiful scene. Jogging a long distance only for your friend to show up and commemorate you.

I felt there was something slightly sad about it, too. It was so peaceful and kinda reminds me of the summertime in my youth. I think they succeeded in this scene as far as making it wholesome, but I think they did a better job than they intended. I can't explain why but it was quite sentimental and wistful.

removed-userMar 6, 2022 12:45 AM
Mar 9, 2022 3:10 AM

May 2020
lol i thought i was watching tom and jerry

May 25, 2022 12:05 PM

Oct 2017
Softhenic03 said:
Was it like a silent comedy, that whole first segment?? LOL definitely wasn’t expecting something like that. Also Nishikata give yourself a break sometime boy, you work too hard but atleast got himself a reward this time, watching sunset together with Takagi.

yeah didnt see it coming either, kinda cool, kinda don't need to see it again, but was fun to see to

Kuhler_Maen said:
Damn Season 3 is a lot more experimental than the previous ones

it really is though, they're doing alota things kinda different for sure

AkeZZZ said:
The first part of the episode especially the BGM reminded me of a classic American cartoon like Tom & Jerry. LMAO...

FACTS! With the whole old school cartoon soundtrack lol, i was like wtf am i watching XD it felt kinda american and like ya tom n jerry comedy style

Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Oh great, it seems we'll be getting new ED every episode (maybe).

Hopefully! that would be pretty cool to see
GodOfWolvesMay 25, 2022 12:09 PM
Aug 8, 2022 6:04 PM

Jun 2012
Damn Nishikata flat out admitting to himself that Takagi looks cute. Takagi getting bolder as time passes is great, and the entire sunset scene was so heartwarming. Already Season 3 feels like it's all finally coming together.
KoshiiAug 11, 2022 9:15 AM
Oct 2, 2022 8:51 AM

Dec 2015
This is great! The roadnrunner like expression music opener was interesting and cute. I esp liked the "that line wasn't from the book" hehe. Beautiful art on the sunset at the end too.
Dec 14, 2022 10:56 PM
Jan 2018
Aparentemente esta temporada está bem mais experimental que as outras, o começo do ep foi muito divertido :)
Jan 6, 2023 4:18 PM

Oct 2016
Well after a crappy first episode the series is back on track with a much better second episode.
May 25, 2023 6:43 AM

Apr 2013
First part with only music was creative, but also a bit boring. The rest of the episode was great as usual though.
Aug 14, 2023 9:48 PM
Jul 2017
banger episode start to finish, might be one of my most favourite episodes of anime ever fs
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2022

166 by lekrieg »»
Apr 11, 5:36 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2022

57 by Jfile904 »»
Mar 28, 11:55 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2022

143 by xRbzx »»
Mar 7, 11:24 AM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2022

105 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 8, 2023 10:51 PM

Poll: » Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2022

92 by Zekkenshin »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.