Forum Settings
Forums

'Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story' Announces Additional Staff, Spring 2022 Airing

New
Jan 6, 2022 9:32 PM
Anime Moderator
Jan 2014
The official website of the Birdie Wing: Golf Girls' Story original television anime revealed additional staff, the second and third promotional videos, and key visual (pictured) on Friday. The anime is scheduled to premiere in April 2022.

Staff
Original Character Design: Bandai Namco Studios (The iDOLM@STER)
Character Design: Kei Ajiki (Strike Witches: 501 Butai Hasshin Shimasu!)
Golf Course Design, Concept Art: Shin Misawa (RobiHachi concept design)
Art Director: Makoto Maeda (Adachi to Shimamura background art), Minoru Akiba (Grand Blue)
Art Design: Toshiyuki Sakakieda (Blood Lad)
Color Design: Tomoe Takaya (Mairimashita! Iruma-kun)
Director of Photography: Koujirou Hayashi (High School Fleet)
Editing: Kumiko Sakamoto (Dr. Stone)
Sound Director: Hajime Takakuwa (Kanojo, Okarishimasu)
Sound Effects: Shizuo Kurahashi (Carole & Tuesday)

J-pop singer and songwriter Koumi Hirose (Cardcaptor Sakura) is performing the opening theme "Venus Line."

Takayuki Inagaki (Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro) is helming the anime at Bandai Namco Pictures, with Yousuke Kuroda (2.43: Seiin Koukou Danshi Volley-bu) in charge of the series composition. Koutarou Nakagawa (Cross Game) and Hironori Anazawa (Scarlet Nexus) are composing the music.

Tooru Inoue, a professional coach at the World Junior Golf Championships Japan National Team, is supervising the anime.

PV 2

PV 3

Source: Official Twitter 1, Official Twitter 2
Jan 6, 2022 10:05 PM

Feb 2020
Looks good, and it's closer than I thought, yay.

Not sure whether i want to hear them screaming stuff as they hit golf balls, tho
Jan 6, 2022 10:14 PM

Jul 2021
Woah an actual golf coach supervising a golf anime? That is sure interesting
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jan 6, 2022 10:17 PM

Sep 2020
Thank god!!! loli isn't playing golf here.
Jan 7, 2022 1:11 AM

Apr 2012
Let me guess, the brunette turns out to be the talented oujo, while the blonde is the energetic tomboy who relies on talent over experience?

ZXEAN said:

If you're worried about fanservice, this is still a show about "interestingly" dressed oneechan.
Jan 7, 2022 1:14 AM

Mar 2021
I just love how Anime can take one of the most boring sports to ever watch (I usually fall asleep watching golf in real life), and make it look action packed and exciting.
Jan 7, 2022 4:09 AM

Mar 2020
ColourWheel said:
I just love how Anime can take one of the most boring sports to ever watch (I usually fall asleep watching golf in real life), and make it look action packed and exciting.

Lol anime made me interested in shogi (march comes like a lion) and whatever that thing they were playing in the cool sol anime name stop this sound. They are pro at this making lamest of things and make them interesting when needed.
Jan 7, 2022 4:38 AM

Oct 2010
they should have adapted sonata birdie rush if they wanted a cool golf story. Anyways, looks fun
Jan 7, 2022 5:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Now THIS is the golf anime that I'm looking forward to....Everything still looks great
Jan 7, 2022 5:49 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
Let me guess, the brunette turns out to be the talented oujo, while the blonde is the energetic tomboy who relies on talent over experience?

ZXEAN said:

If you're worried about fanservice, this is still a show about "interestingly" dressed oneechan.
I am not worried worried about fanservice 😒. I am just happy it's not a LDCT show.
ZXEANJan 7, 2022 5:53 AM
Jan 7, 2022 6:38 AM

Apr 2012
ZXEAN said:
RobertBobert said:

I am not worried worried about fanservice 😒. I am just happy it's not a LDCT show.

It's almost completely all-female anyway. Which means the audience will be the same.

AnimeFA78N said:
ColourWheel said:

Lol anime made me interested in shogi (march comes like a lion) and whatever that thing they were playing in the cool sol anime name stop this sound. They are pro at this making lamest of things and make them interesting when needed.

ColourWheel said:

Are we talking about an art form that turned cooking competitions into epic duels with cool and hot characters?
Jan 7, 2022 6:40 AM

Jan 2022
Quite possibly the ugliest title of a show I've seen. Looks interesting though.
Riamu
Yumemi
The
World
Jan 7, 2022 6:50 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
ZXEAN said:

It's almost completely all-female anyway. Which means the audience will be the same.

Yaa you are right.
Jan 7, 2022 7:46 AM

Mar 2020
RobertBobert said:

Are we talking about an art form that turned cooking competitions into epic duels with cool and hot characters?

Lmao gotta be honest with you the main reason i watched food wars because of that.
Otherwise no fond of cooking shows myself. only expectation was resturant in another world cause isekai factor.
Jan 7, 2022 7:46 AM

Nov 2008
The golf is amazing in this so far.

Jan 7, 2022 7:50 AM

Apr 2012
AnimeFA78N said:
RobertBobert said:

Lmao gotta be honest with you the main reason i watched food wars because of that.
Otherwise no fond of cooking shows myself. only expectation was resturant in another world cause isekai factor.

Well, this show was originally a self-parody similar to Ben-To, but still.
Jan 7, 2022 10:49 AM
Nov 2011
Is no one going to mention in PV3's thumbnail it has Aoi literally doing an Obari pose.
Also if you see the male characters we got a literal Amuro Rei and a Char clone.
Hell even their seiyuus are the same.

This show's potentially going to be silly fun and I thank BNP/Sunrise for this.
Jan 7, 2022 1:57 PM

Mar 2021
RobertBobert said:
AnimeFA78N said:

Not specifically just in general. I personally don't find cooking competitions that boring where I would fall asleep watching them in real life.

Even fairly recent "Chidori RSC" was about a Rifle-shooting sport where they don't even use real rifles. It's just a beam gun that fires a light at a digital target. Some how they managed to make it more exciting then it actually is. Which isn't saying a lot since "Chidori RSC" wasn't a very exciting Anime to watch in the 1st place. I was more intrigued about it then actually being interested in the sport. On it's surface it's obviously just a cute girls doing cute things just this time they are playing with fake rifles. Either way it still ended up being entertaining to watch. The novelty of "Chidori RSC" got old for me after 6 or 7 episodes but I still finished watching it anyways.
ColourWheelJan 7, 2022 2:03 PM
Jan 7, 2022 2:05 PM

Apr 2012
ColourWheel said:
RobertBobert said:

Not specifically just in general. I personally don't find cooking competitions that boring where I would fall asleep watching them in real life.

Even fairly recent "Chidori RSC" was about a Rifle-shooting sport where they don't even use real rifles. It's just a beam gun that fires a light at a digital target. Some how they managed to make it more exciting then it actually is. Which isn't saying a lot since "Chidori RSC" wasn't a very exciting Anime to watch in the 1st place. I was more intrigued about it then actually being interested in the sport. On it's surface it's obviously just a cute girls doing cute things just this time they are playing with fake rifles. Either way it still ended up being entertaining to watch. The novelty of "Chidori RSC" got old for me after 6 or 7 episodes but I still finished watching it anyways.

Well, personally, I usually distinguish between "this show was interesting because of the cute characters and an interesting plot" and "the topic was covered in a rather exciting way." For example, I remember one school quiz anime that had some pretty mediocre characters, but the quizzes themselves were shown to be a pretty interesting sport.
Jan 7, 2022 2:31 PM

Mar 2021
RobertBobert said:
ColourWheel said:

Well, personally, I usually distinguish between "this show was interesting because of the cute characters and an interesting plot" and "the topic was covered in a rather exciting way." For example, I remember one school quiz anime that had some pretty mediocre characters, but the quizzes themselves were shown to be a pretty interesting sport.

I don't usually single out shows just because it features cute girls. Nor do I expect things to always have interesting plots. I probably wouldn't have watched "Chidori RSC" if it was a show about a bunch of hot teenage boys either. Over all I was mainly curious about how they would actually make such a lame sounding sport interesting to watch.

On it's surface the trailers for "Birdie Wing" as well as it's promotional art already make the series more exciting then it probably is actually going to be. Granted this is just an assumption but usually it turns out to be more true then not. If "Birdie Wing" was going to be a series about a bunch of hot teenage boys playing golf, I doubt there would be much fanfare about it on this forum.
Jan 7, 2022 2:43 PM

Apr 2012
ColourWheel said:
RobertBobert said:

I don't usually single out shows just because it features cute girls. Nor do I expect things to always have interesting plots. I probably wouldn't have watched "Chidori RSC" if it was a show about a bunch of hot teenage boys either. Over all I was mainly curious about how they would actually make such a lame sounding sport interesting to watch.

On it's surface the trailers for "Birdie Wing" as well as it's promotional art already make the series more exciting then it probably is actually going to be. Granted this is just an assumption but usually it turns out to be more true then not. If "Birdie Wing" was going to be a series about a bunch of hot teenage boys playing golf, I doubt there would be much fanfare about it on this forum.

Well, have you ever heard the joke about "they put all the best scenes in the trailer"? On the other hand, given the very nature of golf, if the anime takes it too seriously and too epic, it could turn out to be a great comedy.
Jan 7, 2022 2:57 PM
Nov 2011
RobertBobert said:

Well, have you ever heard the joke about "they put all the best scenes in the trailer"? On the other hand, given the very nature of golf, if the anime takes it too seriously and too epic, it could turn out to be a great comedy.

Literally, you have Amuro Rei(ya) in this show.
Jan 7, 2022 3:58 PM

Apr 2012
Nork22 said:
RobertBobert said:

Literally, you have Amuro Rei(ya) in this show.

Do you think authors are already deliberately taking things ridiculously serious to entertain people?
Jan 7, 2022 4:08 PM
Nov 2011
RobertBobert said:

Do you think authors are already deliberately taking things ridiculously serious to entertain people?

Yes. The writer did write S.Cry.ed and Gundam 00.

I mean Obari pose/Yuusha pose anyone?
Nork22Jan 7, 2022 4:13 PM
Jan 7, 2022 4:17 PM

Apr 2012
Nork22 said:
RobertBobert said:

Yes. The writer did write S.Cry.ed and Gundam 00.

I mean Obari pose/Yuusha pose anyone?

So, should we wait for another hyperbolic satire on shonen shows with tons of homage to "serious shit"?
Jan 8, 2022 2:34 AM

Oct 2017
Nice, coming next season.
Jan 8, 2022 9:38 AM

Jun 2014
This actually looks promising. It's not CGDCT trash, and the boobs aren't jiggling all over the place, so that means that this may actually be worth watching.

I'll give it a shot when it comes out.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

1 by ZXEAN »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

97 by Nanaca »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

22 by Piromysl »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Apr 22, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Apr 22, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.