Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 12 Discussion

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 22, 2021 5:58 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, this may be the angriest I've ever seen Ruti in this show, not that I blame her though.

She didn't hold back her rage at all this episode. Rit had a bit of trouble this episode, which isn't honestly all that surprising. Episode goes to prove more how insane Ares is though. Only one episode left and I guess maybe they'll go for another action packed finale?
Dec 22, 2021 6:28 AM

Apr 2014
After tonnes of 'slow life' episodes. This episode was doped with those action scenes.
YEAAAHHHH!!!!! FINALLY! FINALLY!! FINALLY!!! Red killed that freaking narcissistic Ares.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 22, 2021 6:41 AM

Mar 2013
Ares is still a scumbag through and through and Shisandan's true objective has finally been completed but I think he just wants to die by that real sword since the hero can't kill him using that replica. Great episode, now we wait for another week to get the final episode, can't wait!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 22, 2021 6:54 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Yeah not RIP to Ares, though not Ruti is in "hardcore" mode xD so it can be pretty fun to see a fight against her to save her for the finale, though not gonna lie but I kinda hate it when they're doing action episodes like that, they were doing way better with just slice of life, same for the plot.
Dec 22, 2021 6:56 AM

Feb 2021
I felt like I was watching a Dragon Ball episode with swords and magic.

This episode was just crazy wow, Ruti's reaction were the best, and Ares' facial expression lol.
Dec 22, 2021 7:13 AM
Sep 2015
Am I the only one who think it's not fun anymore when it's not slice of life?
Dec 22, 2021 7:30 AM
Aug 2021
Yeah finally we see the demise of Ares and the death of shisandan. But we see Ruti turned rouge and is about to kill her own brother because she touched the sword to kill off Shisandan. Overall, a plot twist, stirs up some good tea for the season finale and a good episode. AND YEAH IDC IM HAPPY ARES DIED HE WAS GETTING ON MY NERVES SINCE THE VERY BEGGINING.
Dec 22, 2021 8:06 AM

Jun 2021
Tisse is dead? What happened to Ruti at the end?
Dec 22, 2021 8:13 AM
Mar 2021
What I don't like about the fight was how Gideon didn't even use the bronze sword to beat Ares. It just seemed kinda important since it was Ares who handed him that sword to prove his point back in episode 1...
Dec 22, 2021 9:06 AM

Mar 2013
Anime_Addicter_ said:
Tisse is dead? What happened to Ruti at the end?

Tisse was slashed but we have yet to determine her status at the moment.
Wait, if you're asking what happened to Ruti, rewatch the episode again. It is in this ep 12. lmao

phantomfandom said:

Kind of? Well, not really. It is part of the story anyway. lol :v
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Dec 22, 2021 9:23 AM

Oct 2010
I've got what this episode reminds me.
There is a game where different people draw single piece without seeing each other parts. So result is always some kind of stitched abomination.
Same as this sequence of action scenes and story developments they called episode 12.
Dec 22, 2021 9:26 AM

Jan 2021
Yeah these last few episodes have been a bit off putting for me. The show had a better budget for being a slice of life show. Now its trying to be more of an action/drama show. The fight animation is unfortunately stagnate which holds the series back for me. I'm still enjoying it BTW but not as much as the first few episodes.
Dec 22, 2021 9:27 AM

Jan 2021
phantomfandom said:

Your not the only one dude. The show doesn't have enough budget for action sequences.
Dec 22, 2021 9:44 AM
Nov 2020
Wasn't this supposed to be slow slice of Life ? It's just not fun anymore. I don't wanna see action in a SoL.
Dec 22, 2021 10:13 AM

Dec 2016
This has been a prominent season for cheap mustache twirling villians. We had 2 of the worst examples in Takt OP, and Ares kinda makes both pale in comparisson on how cheap and low you can get. His role and power level has been quite contrived, he appeared to be quite useless and weak during most of the series, but now out of plot contrivances he played the role of the miniboss right before the final encounter with the main one.

At least this Frankenstein of a slow life big boobed waifu mixed with edgy slaughter and double crossing in a medieval/futuristic fantasy setting filled with random magic spells and dragons that come out of nowhere is finally over. Wait, there's one more episode? Just let me off this ride already.

KimurahDec 22, 2021 10:31 AM
Dec 22, 2021 10:32 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm i wonder does Theodora have a crush on Danan i wonder. Ares though was surely born as a snake who went through life learning how to betray his friends. Theodora's assault was surprising but not completely unexpected given her role as crusader. But she more than anything represents the kind of old fashioned thinking that Ruti and Red are trying to break from. Its just sad that that line of thinking is one that literally forces a young girl to shoulder the role that she never wanted until death claims her. The fight against Ares sure was a close one but the spider really came through. In the end the only reward he got was the one that all traitors get which is a quick death. The next fight in the finale will be the hardest fight ever for Gideon and Rit though thats for sure. RIP Tiesse. That evil inventor though was pure gold as comic relief though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2021 10:43 AM

Jul 2017
Probably the first episode where there is no fun but serious mood all around, and this ain't all good...

Ares is such a delusional scumbag who still thinks that Ruti is worth his time living and fighting for, together with Shisandan. And the animation really is just barebones subpar when action gets in the way.

Being trapped in all sides doesn't fare well for the little sister, the apothecary and the waifu, but when Ruti goes serious, the non-Hero wannabe can produce some insane power against their allies who've turned their back on them.

In the end, it all came down to Ares misunderstanding everyone, even down to the grave, and good riddance to his death from Red/Gideon's hands. But Tisse protecting Red from Ruti fully being enveloped in the Demon's Blessing, that was an eerie sight, and hopefully she's able to stay alive.

I'm not the only one who feels like the story/plot never did a whole lot to tune the overall show in its original narrative. Definitely the only weakness of the source material.
Dec 22, 2021 10:53 AM
Nov 2008
phantomfandom said:

I'm with you here. Everything just kind of happens here out of nowhere. Like what were those 2 random dragons that just got killed instantly? What's up with these random betrayals suddenly from characters who barely did anything in the season? I can't get invested into any of this stuff at all when it happens at the speed of light with no real build up.

Like i just want to go back to the Slice of Life part.

The only thing i cared about here was Ares finally getting what he deserved and Danan being cool, but that's it. I don't even care for this final sibling confrontation setup they are going for in the last episode. Just get that done with and give me some nice fluff to end this with please.
DuffanaDec 22, 2021 11:03 AM
Dec 22, 2021 11:00 AM
Nov 2008
ShambaC said:
Wasn't this supposed to be slow slice of Life ? It's just not fun anymore. I don't wanna see action in a SoL.

Yeah the slow part definitely dropped from the title with the speed were going through in these last few episodes lmao.
Dec 22, 2021 11:41 AM
Jul 2021
Wow I was soo sad when I thought Mr Crawly Wally died(that's his name right?)

And HOLY crap, I was not expecting the Demon to die so easily, but when he got Ruti to hold the sword I was prepared for her to turn bad and end up fighting Gideon but the way they twisted it to have Tisse jump in the way I was BLOWN away. Tisse is definitely the MVP of the episode with this and with the part with the Spider webs. But man I was soo sad, she is SUCH a great character, human being, and friend. I never expected to like her as much as I do now, I really really hope she's not dead.

This was the best episode of the season for me, although I seriously don't understand how that girl who turned on Ruti was able to hang with THE Hero who's like the strongest person in the world. And Rit is definitely a super powerful character and she got reduced to trash and was useless in an instant. I really love her character too and it bummed me out how they did her in this episode, her speech was epic though.
Dec 22, 2021 12:10 PM

Jul 2017
I feel that the moment when Ares stepped on the spidey was the most evil act I've ever seen in an anime. Truly despicable and I'm glad Red took care of the situation.

But yeah I miss the slice of life on this...
Dec 22, 2021 1:03 PM
Jul 2019
So, why again that demon wanted Ruti to touch the Avenger sword?
Dec 22, 2021 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
From a 6 to a 4, they did a great job turning the whole story and happy life of Rit and Red with the Hero fighting for the safety of humanity with other 3 cool mates, into a boring typical nonsense situation with the most basic fighting animation ever.

I couldn't hold myself from laughing sometimes at how mediocre and clichee some scenes were, even though the anime was already a big clichee from the start, it had a slightly wholesome story at least. Such a pity.
removed-userDec 22, 2021 1:07 PM
Dec 22, 2021 1:56 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Ruti was extremely angry this episode. Ares got outsmarted by Mr Crawly Wawly and gets killed by a sword strike from Red. Ruti finally killed Shisandan! Why can't people just let Ruti live how she wants to? Unfortunately, she touched one of the sacred avengers...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 22, 2021 2:01 PM

Aug 2017
Where the fuck is the SLOW life???

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Dec 22, 2021 2:59 PM

Aug 2020
I didn't expect the fighting scenes to be that good, but wow it was pretty great.

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 22, 2021 3:21 PM

Apr 2015
This episode took off really quick, even to the point that I was a bit lost on who is on who's side for a bit.

So much action everywhere. Not the best in the animation department, but still enjoyable. Danan surprised me by breaking that demon's swords by just touching them, pretty impressive, even if it almost cost him his life.

FINALLY, that Ares is no more... Killed by Red no less, good riddance. I honestly wanted to have Tisse to go absolutely berserk after Ares stepped on her adorable spider companion. Ruti also killed the demon, but sadly touched the Avenger Sword and now went after Red, but Tisse stepped in just in time.. Please let her survive!!

Ayo, what happened to this slice of life story? I don't really mind too much though.
Dec 22, 2021 3:23 PM

Nov 2017
phantomfandom said:

Well, its turned on to slice your life..
Now Loading.....
Dec 22, 2021 3:23 PM

Nov 2017
Ok... im curious now,
what will happen next?
Now Loading.....
Dec 22, 2021 3:46 PM

Jan 2012
Looks like the sword is controlling Rita mind or causing her to attack .

Final episode to determine

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Dec 22, 2021 3:57 PM
May 2017
Good episode, action-packed and anticlimactic, built the ending, in the next episode 13.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 22, 2021 4:02 PM
May 2017
bondtux said:
Ok... im curious now,
what will happen next?

I'm also curious but we can expect the following:

• An open ending, completely disappointing.
  • Ruti dies.
  • The Power of Love.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Dec 22, 2021 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
Red shutting up the enemy was the best thing about this episode.
Dec 22, 2021 5:33 PM

Sep 2020
Ares must have aged fifty years in just a couple of episodes.
leonardobarba said:
bondtux said:
Ok... im curious now,
what will happen next?

I'm also curious but we can expect the following:

• An open ending, completely disappointing.
  • Ruti dies.
  • The Power of Love.

The story continues so of course the ending is not going to close every plot point there is.
However I do feel like the power of (brotherly) love will bring back the berserk Ruti to her senses.
Dec 22, 2021 6:27 PM
Nov 2021
For Shin No Nakama, this was a pretty good episode. I think Ares' character was stretched a bit too extreme, going from "You're not needed on this team because you're weak" to "Ruti is MINE and only I am worthy to be at her side".
Dec 22, 2021 8:53 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
What an episode this was, very action packed, this was pretty much the plot boiling up and exploding in one episode, but I really liked it. Ares was finally dealt with, he was so far gone there was no saving him honestly, and I love that the spider was the one that ultimately did him in lol, and I honestly think Theodora turning for a bit there was silly, that seemed out of nowhere to me, but I’m glad she didn’t die. The production when Ruti was fighting Shisandan was really good too. And sadly, all of Ruti’s progress done on becoming a normal girl was undone with the sword Shisandan planned to have her use. The final episode is gonna be wild. Also there were quite a few nice fanservice shots in this serious episode lol.

And since we’re a week away from the end, I want to say this has been a pretty unique Isekai imo, from the blessing system to the mix of SoL, plot and action, it’s a different one for sure. I would have definitely preferred this to have gone full SoL romance but I am enjoying what we have, at least Rit’s booba has been consistent lol. I do hope the final episode can deliver some nice SoL after the Ruti stuff is dealt with.
Dec 22, 2021 9:03 PM

Oct 2016
The whole thing with blessings, really do be interesting for me. Great episode!

The audacity of this bitch Ares, first the bed, and now, stomping on Mr. Crawly Wawly. Ares got what he deserved, good job Red. Blessings are really fucked though, even a Demon thinks the Almighty is fucked up lmao. So the sage blessings urges is to assist the hero in saving the world no matter the cost. Theodora wanted to make Ruti the hero again, but for a more noble cause, can't really blame her. Ruti is making a selfish decision, but she has the right to do so.

Danan is a real bro though. Also, respect to the drug man, he might be a drug dealer, but he has principles lmao. Mr. Crawly Wawly got stomped, but he pulled through by fucking over Ares.

Ruti vs Shisandan was pretty dope though, I hope they're able to undo Ruti's urges and we get a wholesome happy ending for the last episode.
Dec 22, 2021 9:04 PM

Feb 2021
The story getting interesting, looks more like action less slice of life anime.
Dec 22, 2021 9:05 PM
Mar 2014
Mecha kucha no plot, it better off with slice of life theme, lol
Dec 23, 2021 1:28 AM

Nov 2012
what the actual f*ck? I dont understand sh*t anymore, they do what they want and talk stuff that has no logic at all, holy sweet lord, I just wanna see how they save Ruti and leave this show with a 3 or 4

My Candies:

Dec 23, 2021 1:54 AM

May 2020
Hey, I want my SOL back.

Too much happening around, but atleast Ares got what he deserved.
Dec 23, 2021 1:55 AM

Feb 2019
Damn so the final fight is Rutti against her brother, fitting. Where is all this plot coming from tho? I just want anime boobs and slice of life cute moments
Dec 23, 2021 3:15 AM
Dec 2011
Marinate1016 said:
Damn so the final fight is Rutti against her brother, fitting. Where is all this plot coming from tho? I just want anime boobs and slice of life cute moments

Look forward to next episode, I know some people are because of a certain scene
Dec 23, 2021 8:18 AM
Feb 2015
Remocracy said:

Gone, reduced to atoms!
Ngl in my case, having watched Cheat Kusushi last season I woulda thought this one would be pretty relaxing too to watch so for there to be so much action, I really wasn't expecting it at all. When they first talked about the blessings many episodes back I was like "This ain't just gonna be a simple happy anime all the time isn't it?" and the next thing you know Ruti absolutely obliterates Ares that one episode ahahahahah
But hey, hopefully after next week's episode they'll get their slow life back? X'D
Dec 23, 2021 8:38 AM
Mar 2021
Anyone else watch the "Iron wall"-cube scene and go wtf? How did Red n Rit get into the elevator? That was weird - I watched it twice and still didn't get what happened...
Surprised, but glad there's another aspect to the crusader - she could've just been another Danon-clone - interesting to see other values and aspects of this world.
Roll on Finale - Hope it's more relaxed - I'm dreading when R&R come back to their shredded bedroom :(

Dec 23, 2021 11:06 AM

May 2018
Ares is finally dead. Honestly I did not like this episode and I think this show would be much better if it stuck to the SoL that it established itself in.
Dec 23, 2021 11:26 AM

Jul 2015

now that was quite a shift in the episode.. didn't we got girls bathing together in last episode? and now 2 of them are gravely injured and by the same person..

do I think I mind the sudden change? no.. we are getting a plot and its not that well thought off.. but it has a plot..

I really hope Theodora doesn't dies.. i freaking love her..
Dec 24, 2021 8:19 PM
Mar 2012
Ares quite strong but crossed too many lines, Crawly not for stepping.
Some great fights esp Danan's gar shoryuken and Ruti vs Shisandan.
Lancer also too stubborn with her god blessing, how she lives with her own blessing fine, but she's forcing Ruti.
Lots of questions with the elve tech, Shisandan's motive why he's restoring the hero blessing etc.
Dec 25, 2021 1:05 AM

Aug 2021
What's going on with Ruti? Why did Theodora turn against her? WHY IS RUTI TRYING TO KILL HER BROTHER?

Do the demons want her to keep hunting them down? It's making no sense to me.
Dec 25, 2021 1:07 AM

Aug 2021
BonBonToro said:
Remocracy said:

Gone, reduced to atoms!
Ngl in my case, having watched Cheat Kusushi last season I woulda thought this one would be pretty relaxing too to watch so for there to be so much action, I really wasn't expecting it at all. When they first talked about the blessings many episodes back I was like "This ain't just gonna be a simple happy anime all the time isn't it?" and the next thing you know Ruti absolutely obliterates Ares that one episode ahahahahah
But hey, hopefully after next week's episode they'll get their slow life back? X'D

Yeah I think by the next weeks eps they might find some way to bring Ruti back to normal and reestablish the slow life (or maybe I'm just hoping, my favourite part of this anime was the slow life after all).
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2021

102 by LuciferIAm »»
Apr 18, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2021

149 by Zzz168 »»
Apr 15, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2021

81 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 7, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2021

88 by S-Lumiere »»
Apr 6, 12:12 PM

Poll: » Shin no Nakama ja Nai to Yuusha no Party wo Oidasareta node, Henkyou de Slow Life suru Koto ni Shimashita Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2021

69 by AeriiKMilky »»
Jan 27, 12:55 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.