Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Dec 13, 2021 8:01 AM
Jan 2021
❄️ Cheeky Santa LE '21 Challenge ❄️
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: TheOGDorkLord

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/theogdorklord?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: Sign-up

🍗 Level Achieved: #8
🍗 From which group did you receive your recommendations? Shining Stars / Robelfots
🍗 Where did you find your gifts? under the Xmas Tree / inside the Poinsettia Garden / near the Snowman / on the Dining Table

❄️ Anime Completed from my gift:

1. [TV] Free! [14 December 2021 — 15 December 2021]
    Impressions: I first thought it would be a normal sports anime but it turned out to be a lovely anime about friendship and dedication.

2. [TV] Otome Youkai Zakuro [26 December 2021— 5 February 2022]
    Impressions: Just fox demi-demon fall in love with normal man you scared of demi-demons at first.

3. [TV] Akatsuki no Yona [19 December 2021 — 21 December 2021]
    Impressions: This was really good and I really enjoyed the Princesses character development.

4. [TV] Genshiken [26 November 2021 — 14 December 2021]
    Impressions: I was initially not interested in the first episode but after it became more funny and entertaining.

5. [TV] Gate: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri [13 December 2021 — 13 December 2021]
    Impressions: I really enjoyed this anime, I found it had its own special take on the isekai trope. I epically enjoyed the main characters character.

6. [TV] Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? [15 December 2021 — 19 December 2021]
    Impressions: This anime is amazing. I first thought it was going to be really similar to That time I got reincarnated as a Slime but it was nothing like that, and the twist was amazing.
TheOGDorkLordFeb 5, 2022 12:57 PM
Dec 13, 2021 8:04 AM

Nov 2015
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: Otaku_baka_dsk

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: Completed Animelist
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: Sign-up Link

🍗 Level Achieved: #08
🍗 From which group did you receive your recommendations? Shining Stars
🍗 Where did you find your gifts? On the Dining Table

1. [TV] Kemono Friends [03 January, 2022 — 04 January, 2022] - [12/12]
    Impressions: It could have been done better if they didn't have weird art style and the execution made it even more boring.

2. [TV] Hakuouki [12 January, 2022 — 13 January, 2022] - [12/12]
    Impressions: It was a lot better than many other otome game adapations, but I sure hoped Chizuru to draw her Katana at least once, it kind of became a running gag for me! And when she finally do it and viola! she summons someone out of nowhere! Not gonna a lie it was hilarious even in a serious situation

3. [TV] No.6 [05 January, 2022 — 05 January, 2022] - [11/11]
    Impressions: I already read the manga before and loved it. It's good that they adapted it according to manga but I still wish it had more to the ending.

4. [TV] Vanitas no Karte [28 January, 2022 — 29 January, 2022] - [12/12]
    Impressions: I had a lot of expectations from this anime than I should have but maybe that's the reason why I was a tad bit disappointed in it...

5. [TV] Space☆Dandy 2nd Season [20 January, 2022 — 21 January, 2022] - [13/13]
    Impressions: Ah this season was much more weirder and deep than the previous season. First season was just some misadventures of dandy and his crewmates, with no too much meaning to them but this season was a bit too deep that I need to re-watch it again to understand few things!

6. [TV] Beck [26 December, 2021 — 31 December, 2021] - [26/26]
    Impressions: First of all I have no idea about western music and this anime is heavily based on it. So, it didn't leave a great impression on me, it felt so bland and boring that I dozed off so many times and didn't even had to worry about what happened since nothing really happens till 20 episodes. The last few episodes were decent but it felt too rushed. The only character development we get to see is for Yukio and almost every other character are easily forgetful despite seeming to have an interesting story to them. I wouldn't say it was the boring anime I have ever seen but it certainly isn't something I can enjoy watching.
Otaku_baka_dskJan 29, 2022 8:41 AM

Dec 13, 2021 8:05 AM

Mar 2016
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: iamDragoncat

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/iamDragoncat?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=100#msg65053730

🍗 Level Achieved: #
🍗 From which group did you receive your recommendations? Robelfots
🍗 Where did you find your gifts? on the Dining Table

❄️ Anime Completed from my gift: 0

1. [TV] Juu Ou Sei [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]
    Impressions: (optional)

2. [TV] Mouryou no Hako [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

3. [TV] Denki-gai no Honya-san [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

4. [TV] Märchen Mädchen [5.1.2022. — 8.1.2022.]
    Impressions: With a rating of 5.39, I expected something bad, but this was lovely to watch! I had fun with this anime :D

5. [TV] Domestic na Kanojo [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

6. [TV] Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]
iamDragoncatJan 7, 2022 8:20 PM

Dec 13, 2021 8:07 AM

Jul 2019
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: AatihoNora

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: Animelist
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: Link

🍗 Where did you find your gifts? Near the Snowman
AatihoNoraJan 15, 2022 1:32 PM
Dec 13, 2021 8:09 AM

Sep 2018
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: OweynLupton

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/OweynLupton?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: Here

🍗 Level Achieved: 8

❄️ Anime Completed from my gift: 6

1. [TV] ChäoS;Child [15/12/2021 — 16/12/2021]
    Impressions: A far superior offering to its prequel, ChäoS;HEaD - the plot overall felt more cohesive and the characters more likeable. The resolution to the central mystery, however, felt rather weak, especially the motivations of the final villain, and there were quite a few plot points that didn't really make too much sense. Though it's only revealed in the sequel movie/episodes 13 and 14, the big "twist" kind of soured things for me, however. It came out of nowhere without foreshadowing and made several elements make less sense in retrospect.

2. [TV] Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! [17/12/2021 — 17/12/2021]
    Impressions: A fun watch! I wasn't sure exactly what to expect when I went in, but this exceeded my expectations. A lot of anime humour doesn't work for me, but I'm glad to say a lot of the moments here landed well, and the emotional moments felt well-earned too. Looking forwards to watching season 2!

3. [ONA] Mi Yu Xing Zhe [20/12/2021 — 21/12/2021]
    Impressions: Some genuinely tense moments and an interesting mystery, along with some fun characters. I have mixed feelings on the portrayal of the island natives, though - while their hostility is pretty justified, they are unfortunately pretty stereotypical "tribal savages", and their (rather unnecessary) cannibalism doesn't help that. I also didn't like that the story tried to make us like He Zhiyang so much, given how reprehensible what he tried to do to Su Jin at the start of the series was. Given how the story and even the characters acted like it never happened, I think it would have been better off if it was removed entirely. Still, it'd be interesting if there was a season 2 - there's still a lot to be resolved, and the ending cliffhanger was just cruel.

4. [TV] Akagami no Shirayuki-hime [22/12/2021 — 23/12/2021]
    Impressions: Pretty good! I was a little sceptical going in, but I was pleasantly surprised. Despite often needing saving, Shirayuki never seemed like a weak character to me - even if she can't fight well, she's constantly presented as intelligent and brave, which I liked. Presenting someone as strong in ways that don't rely on violence always gets a plus from me. I wish she didn't do the stereotypical anime "girly run", but that's more of a nit-pick than anything. Zen, too, was a very kind and likeable character unlike many male leads in shoujo anime, leading to the relationship between him and Shirayuki being one of the healthiest I've seen in a while. There were some slow moments I wasn't so fond of, but overall I liked this a lot.

5. [ONA] Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto [28/12/2021 — 30/12/2021]
    Impressions: Mixed feelings on this one. On the one hand, the actual politics of the Boshin War presented were interesting, some of the characters were enjoyable to watch, and the animation and soundtrack was consistently good. On the other, the end completely and utterly jumped the shark. Part of this is probably due to how poorly-defined the Head of the Conqueror is - we're told it's important over and over again but never told what it can do, instead just gaining new powers whenever the story needs it to. Ibaragi was also a rather annoying character, seeing how he fell into what I call the "omniscient schemer" type: characters who always seem to know everything and seem capable of organising impossible coincidences in order to fulfil their plans. It didn't help that, despite being the primary antagonist, his motive wasn't very clear either.

6. [TV] Fukigen na Mononokean [31/12/2021 — 01/01/2022]
    Impressions: I actually quite liked this. The artstyle was pleasant, the characters likeable, and the atmosphere rather relaxed, quite like Natsume Yuujichou, another anime I loved. Unlike Natsume, Mononokean has a bit more of an overarching plot, though I didn't find this a bad thing - though it wasn't answered this season, the questions surrounding the death of Aoi and why Ashiya's name holds such significance to so many youkai managed to keep me engaged. My main criticism, however, would have to be that the resolution to many plot beats wasn't quite as unique as they could have been, and about Yuuki Kaji's voice acting as Ashiya. Though I enjoy Kaji in the majority of his roles, his voice tends to be rather annoying in any role which requires him to be loud (see Nishikata in Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san), which unfortunately was the case here as well.
OweynLuptonFeb 4, 2022 6:29 AM
Dec 13, 2021 8:10 AM

Aug 2017
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: ImagineBrkr

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ImagineBrkr?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=50#msg64999983

🍗 Where did you find your gifts? inside the Poinsettia Garden

1. [TV] Ballroom e Youkoso [Dec 15, 2021 — Feb 13, 2022]

2. [TV] Fractale [Dec 16, 2021 — Dec 16, 2021]

3. [TV] Given [Feb 07, 2022 — Feb 09, 2022]

4. [TV] Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san [Jan 19, 2022 — Jan 21, 2022]

5. [TV] Tsuritama [Jan 29, 2022 — Jan 29, 2022]
ImagineBrkrFeb 13, 2022 9:57 PM
Dec 13, 2021 8:18 AM

Jun 2009
Post to Work on my Gifts

⛄️⛄️
❄️ Username: Aur0ra

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: ❄️
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: ❄️

Aur0raJan 21, 2022 7:17 AM

Lovely set by EC Secret Snowman ⛄️ Thank you! 💗
Dec 13, 2021 8:18 AM

Dec 2013

Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: Canaan

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: CanaanAnimeList
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: #13

1. [] 🎡 [Started: 04 February 2022] [Finished: 13 February 2022]
    [TV] Plastic Memories
    Impressions: So when I started watching this I didn't think too much to it as it was Romance and I was thinking it would be boring. How wrong was I? This series actually made me cry a few times and I actually loved the premise of this series however I did think the romance ruined it a little and there could have been more story to it if it showed more on the andriods. Score: 8.

2. [] 📖 [Started: 14 February 2022] [Finished: 14 February 2022]
    [TV] White Album
    Impressions: urg Harem. I hate harem so much and to also add in romance...this was deffo a mean gift one :( it was meh, had to watch it all in one go and it was boring and kind of slow. Prolly will take awhile until I watch season 2. Score: 6.

3. [] ⛩️ [Started: 03 January 2022] [Finished: 15 January 2022]
    [TV] Kamisama Hajimemashita
    Impressions: Actually found this anime pretty funny in the end, but also didn't enjoy the romance element. (As I find it weird a human/non-human with emotions - when one is thousands of years old) however it was still a nice watch. Score: 7.

4. [] 🤖 [Started: 13 February 2022] [Finished: 13 February 2022]
    [TV] Suisei no Gargantia
    Impressions: This series was hella good for me, I actually enjoyed this a lot and I didn't expect that but I was so glad I watched this series. Will deffo be watching more of this series and excited to. I loved the characters and I found that it was enjoyable with the main girl as she to me had a nice personality. Score: 9.

5. [] 😈 [Started: 15 January 2022] [Finished: 23 January 2022]
    [TV] Kemono Jihen
    Impressions: Really really enjoyed this anime, which I didn't think too much of but in the end really did have a fun time watching this. - would have loved to see more. My favourite character was deffo foxgirl Kon, so adorable! Score: 8.

6. [] 🧣 [Started: 14 February 2022] [Finished: 14 February 2022]
    [TV] Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta
    Impressions: This was fun to watch and it was a very entertaining anime. I just don't know why it doesn't have Ecchi tag when I saw multiple panty shots x.x liked the characters personality and hope to watch more of this series when I can. Score: 8.
CanaanFeb 14, 2022 2:13 PM

"By Depending on others and letting them
Depend on you, people can Exceed what
they can do as Individuals." - Mikoto Misaka

"Rokkon Shojo!"
Dec 13, 2021 8:25 AM
Twilight Lolita

Dec 2014
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: _Bri

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Bri?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=0#msg64981369

1. [TV] Darling in the FranXX [January 4, 2022 — January 5, 2022]
    Impressions: So originally I wasn't sure how much I really wanted to watch this and I thought out of everything it would probably be last, but then one day on a whim I was like why not. While its plot is a little lacking at times, this anime grew on me. Overall, I enjoyed it more than I expected for a Trigger anime. Might have been higher if there were more battles and less Zero Two. 6/10

2. [TV] JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 3: Stardust Crusaders [December 21, 2021 — December 22, 2021]
    Impressions: It's JoJo and I love JoJo so yeah definitely still enjoyed this one. I knew most of the storyline going in but it was still really fun to watch. Also, I just love this main cast and Jotaro is my favorite JoJo. Going to continue on with the next season to finish it up, but good choice whoever picked this one. 8/10

3. [TV] D.C.: Da Capo [December 21, 2021 — December 21, 2021]
    Impressions: It plays out very much like an early 2000s harem based on a eroge so my expectations were definitely met. However, the main dude is so bland it hurts and the "sister" Nemu rubbed me the wrong way since I'm not into the "will they, won't they," "she's not really my sister," and "I'm going to be jealous of everyone around you" tropes. Bumped the score to a 7 though because the music videos at the end were a nice touch and the soundtrack was actually really good. Shout out to my best girl Kotori. 7/10

BriJan 5, 2022 8:23 AM
Dec 13, 2021 8:26 AM

Jul 2013
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: Shuurei

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Shuurei?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=0#msg64981256

1. [TV] Gochuumon wa Usagi Desu ka? [December 13, 2021 — December 15, 2021]
    Impressions: [★] sadly this wasnt something i could enjoy at all TT its kind of the you know. random close ups of the thighs or chests of these young underage girls... and even otherwise i couldnt get into it at all

2. [TV] Tamako Market [BC (March 9, 2020) — December 30, 2021]
    Impressions: [★★★] im glad i got to finish this, i ended up enjoying it more in the end than i wouldve thought! still nothing fantastic, but a good comfy watch nonetheless

3. [TV] Angel Beats! [December 28, 2021 — December 31, 2021]
    Impressions: [★★½] i can see why its so well liked, despite not ending up liking it as much myself. i was also pleasantly surprised at times though. overall it was a mixed package

4. [TV] White Album [January 6, 2022 — January 11, 2022]
    Impressions: [★★½] i would say, i wasn't expecting a school days-ish plot. i'd call it trashy, which dont get me wrong can be enjoyable. and i did enjoy it at times! overall, its just not my type of show. i dont regret watching it though

5. [TV] Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu. [January 11, 2022 — January 14, 2022]
    Impressions: [★½] during the first episode i already was thinking the concept might get old quick... and sadly it did. i do like how it subverts series like this by not making it a life or death situation or anything, just gamers vibing. this sadly lessened the stakes by a lot and made it boring for me

6. [TV] Kokoro Connect [January 22, 2022 — January 28, 2022]
    Impressions: [★½] i thought the concept was interesting, but overall i felt the plot was a bit messy and all over the place a bit... i had a hard time connecting with the characters, ironically. by the end i was more annoyed than anything
ShuureiJan 29, 2022 10:01 AM
Dec 13, 2021 8:29 AM
Bean Queen

Nov 2009
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: tbeans10

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/tbeans10?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: #26

1. [TV] Hinomaruzumou [Feb. 1, 2022 — Feb. 3, 2022]
    Impressions: Gotta say, this is the last of the gifts that I watched, but it was my second favorite out of all the gifts received. I've always absolutely adored sports anime and this one is pure sports anime gold. Plus all the characters kinda seemed a bit himbo-ish, especially Chihiro, so everyone was just incredibly lovable. For real gotta love these big bois lol 10/10

2. [TV] Toradora! [Dec. 18, 2021 — Jan. 7, 2022]
    Impressions: Finally got to finish one of my on-holds! Woo! I am such a procrastinator on those shows so this was another great opportunity. Really, just a solid and fun romcom. I know Taiga is the most well known and beloved of the characters but Ryuuji is just such a sweetie and I adore him. The whole eloping at the end tho was kinda wild lol 8/10

3. [TV] Grand Blue [Dec. 28, 2021 — Dec. 29, 2021]
    Impressions: Yes, it was very funny, but from the beginning it just gave me a bad taste in my mouth with how much Iori tries to not hang out with these guys, only to be forced back into it. Yeah, in the end he's totally become just one of them, but the fact that he was forced into it at first was really gross, like dudes, he said no! Damn, it was funny tho lol 7/10

4. [TV] Master Keaton [Dec. 31, 2021 — Jan. 1, 2022]
    Impressions: It was a really weird mix for me. Like, yeah, all the stories were very interesting and Keaton is pretty much a certified badass. But old anime. Ugh. I forgot the show was good a second every time I started a new episode cause the art just made me go ugh. Still pretty enjoyable nonetheless 7/10

5. [TV] Golden Kamuy [Jan. 2, 2022 — Jan. 5, 2022]
    Impressions: God, I am in love with Golden Kamuy and I watched all three available seasons and I need more! I love the characters, the plot is insane and amazing. Now I've finally got an attachment to the anime that one of my favorite MAN WITH A MISSION songs is from. I am seriously considering picking up the manga, because the need to know what comes next is overwhelming. This is probably just supposed to be thoughts on the first season, but I gotta mention, I'm still not over Edogai from season 2, I mean that fashion show was unreal 10/10

6. [TV] Hakaba Kitarou [Jan. 25, 2022 — Jan. 27, 2022]
    Impressions: Probably my least favorite out of all the gifts, but still fairly enjoyable. Kinda hilarious how some characters are just easily killed off and then they don't really dwell on it at all. The OP was a hell of a bop tho, so it's a pretty nice introduction to what seems like a rather extensive Kitarou franchise 7/10

tbeans10Feb 12, 2022 7:13 AM
Dec 13, 2021 8:31 AM

Feb 2018
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: KennySSS_Jr // WinPhoneMyintOo (Former Name)

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: Here
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: Here

🍗 Where did you find your gifts? under the Xmas Tree

1. [TV] Yuru Camp△ [Dec 20 — Dec 21]
    Impressions: It's a relaxing anime. Feels like want to go on a trip after watching this. Learn a few things about camping from this. Thank you to whoever recommended me.

2. [TV] Gin no Saji [Jan 4 — Jan 5]
    Impressions: Was a great watch. Yuugo is a very relatable character for me. Love how they do work on farms. Probably going to watch 2nd season sometime this year.

3. [TV 2] Great Pretender [Jan 12— Jan 27]
    Impressions: Thank you for recommending me this. It is nice to watch something refreshing from what I've been watching lately. All 4 arcs are amazing but it kinda gets predictable in the final arc. Anyway, overall it is worth watching.

4. [TV] Tasogare Otome x Amnesia [Feb 3 — Feb 11]
    Impressions: Kinda disappoint at the ending but overall it is a good show with some good fan service.

5. [TV] K-On! [Feb 11 — Feb 13]
    Impressions: I've been planning to watch this for a long time. Such a classic from KyoAni. The girls are cute and the songs from this show are great.

6. [TV] Zombieland Saga [Jan 9 — Jan 11]
    Impressions: This one is unique from some of the idol anime I previously watched. I really loved the girls but Koutarou is the best girl here. Some of the scenes here really make me sad. Gonna watch revenge after I finished the challenge.
SheyCroixMar 29, 2022 2:31 PM

Dec 13, 2021 8:33 AM

Dec 2009
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: hinagatari

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/hinagatari?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=50#msg64999023

1. [TV] Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou [Dec 15, 2021 — Dec 19, 2021]
    Impressions: It was fine, but not my cup of tea. Great OST and sound direction, even the animations were really good, I just didn't like the characters too much so obviously I couldn't care for what was going on. I was hoping to find a series similar to Kino no Tabi, but I was wrong... [6/10]

2. [TV] Dr. Stone: Stone Wars [Dec 27, 2021 — Dec 28, 2021]
    Impressions: This wasn't my favorite part of the manga, but I think I liked it better as an anime, maybe thanks to the music and voice acting. And it hyped me for the third season and the Ryuusui's special (and as one of his fans, the last shot was pure hype!) [8/10]

3. [TV] Soushin Shoujo Matoi [Jan 3, 2022 — Jan 7, 2022]
    Impressions: not a fan of this one... It was fine because I like majokko and their tropes, but not one of the good ones of the genre. The thing that I liked the most was the role of Matoi's father in the whole story. And the music. That was really really good. [6/10]

4. [TV] Tenchi Souzou Design-bu [Jan 11, 2022 — Jan 16, 2022]
    Impressions: The best anime I have received for now. It's funny, with simple characters, but still well characterized and to which I have grown fond of very easily. The opening is really good, but I don't know about the animations because I had to see it on my smartphone with a lower resolution. Lastly, I'm an animal lover, so it was hard for me to dislike it! [8/10]

5. [TV] Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! [Feb 08, 2022 — Feb 10, 2022]
    Impressions: This was one of my on hold. Actually I didn't remember anything about the characters in this series, but then I realized it wasn't important at all as they are super flat and it is enough to see them for 2 minutes to understand everything about their personality. And they are annoying.
    I don't even dwell on the plot and incest because it's like shooting fish in a barrel. [4/10]

6. [TV] Qin Shi Ming Yue: Bai Bu Fei Jian [Feb 07, 2022 — Feb 10, 2022]
    Impressions: Well, this is difficult to rate especially considering that it is clearly just a prologue. The story is interesting and I really want to continue with the second season as soon as possible and, even if the MC is a little annoying at times, I like how he is only a little child without strange OP powers and who still does not know the difference between good and evil.
    The problem definitely is verything else: the CGI seem to come out of the early years of the ps2, in the OST there's some good ones and others that seem to be taken at random, the voice acting is mediocre, the choreographies of the battles, even if interesting, don't pay off due to the CGI and what should be the beautiful white phoenix... looks like a giant duck.
    I honestly liked it despite all these flaws and I'm curious to see how these will improve over the years. [6/10]

hinagatariFeb 10, 2022 6:59 AM
Dec 13, 2021 8:36 AM

May 2016
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: Kanijo

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kanijo?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=50#msg65036535

1. [TV] K-On! [Jan 01 — Jan 11]
    Impressions: Fairly cute, but mostly boring. Didn't really like any of the characters all that much, and felt like they should have delved a bit more into the subject of music. (6/10)

2. [ONA] Quanzhi Gaoshou [Dec 24 — Jan 01]
    Impressions: Didn't like this one. Very much disliked how the game was presented. Would have preferred for it to actually look like a game that plays with mouse and keyboard. The level of complexity in the movements and techniques would make more sense if it was brain controlled VR. The strategies used aren't interesting or entertaining to watch. And I didn't like any of the characters. (3/10)

3. [TV] Super Cub [Dec 20 — Dec 28]
    Impressions: A nice wholesome story of a high school girl and her newly acquired motorbike. Seeing how Koguma overcomes the trials and tribulations of driving and maintaining her bike was very entertaining to watch. Seeing her gain new friends, and slowly break out of her shell of solitude, filled me with the warm and fuzzies. (8/10)

4. [TV] Btooom! [Dec 28 — Jan 09]
    Impressions: Very much enjoyed it. Loved the strategies and mind games at play. The simple rules and mechanics, really puts the creativity and grasp of human psychology of each character to the test. (8/10)

5. [TV] Carole & Tuesday [Dec 15 — Jan 01]
    Impressions: Watched the English dub. The slice of life portions that focused on Carole & Tuesday's friendship and shenanigans they end up getting was alright. Has a particular sense of humor and wholesomeness that doesn't really connect with me. A lot of the drama bits (like Tuesday's mother's stance on immigration, Angela's tragic situation towards the end, and the police cracking down on dissenters) felt really underdeveloped, and had pretty unsatisfying conclusions. Most of the music is pretty good. (6/10)

6. [TV] Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! [Dec 13 — Dec 18]
    Impressions: Absolutely loved it. A wonderful romantic comedy, with some lovable characters, some well done drama, and a whole lot of wholesome fun with anime edgelord cringe. (9/10)
SheyCroixMar 25, 2022 5:10 PM
Dec 13, 2021 8:39 AM

Mar 2020
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: windyscar

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/windyscar?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=50#msg65001921

1. [TV] -2 cour- Pandora Hearts [Jan 08, 2022 — Jan 11, 2022]
    Impressions:

2. [TV] -1 cour- Shigurui [Dec 17, 2021 — Dec 17, 2021]
    Impressions:

3. [TV] -2 cour- Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin [Jan 18, 2022 — Jan 18, 2022]
    Impressions:

4. [TV] -1 cour- Uchouten Kazoku [Dec 14, 2021 — Dec 16, 2021]
    Impressions:

❄️ After level 8:

1. [TV] Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]
  2. [TV] -1 cour- Higashi no Eden [Dec 18, 2021 — Jan 06, 2022]
    Impressions:

in 21-30
windyscarJan 18, 2022 2:19 AM
Dec 13, 2021 8:39 AM
Space Brother

Mar 2015
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: dierubikdie

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/dierubikdie?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=0#msg64981134

• [TV] Paniponi Dash! [Jan 8]
    Impressions: When Shaft tries pure comedy it never really works for me, but luckily the dub actors saved this from being a total loss.

• [TV] Action Heroine Cheer Fruits [Jan 15]
    Impressions: Really cute and fun! I like large casts like this; I only wish all the girls had equal screen time.

• [TV] Joukamachi no Dandelion [Jan 31]
    Impressions: I thoroughly enjoyed this! Lots of fun characters, and tons of interaction and growth between them. I honestly would've liked 2 full cours of this.

• [TV] Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu [Jan 31]
    Impressions: I've come to really enjoy Slice of Life isekai stories like this one. I wish main dude had a more complex personality than just "suave", but Sei's cute enough to balance it out, and I'd be happy to see a second season.

• [TV] Flip Flappers [Feb 7]
    Impressions: Absolutely loved the style of this! Got a little too serious in places, but still fun and cute. Wish Yayaka had turned face a few episodes earlier than she did.
rubikFeb 7, 2022 10:26 AM

"An earnest failure has meaning."

"Nothing is definite in this world. But it's okay.
Some things within me are definite."
Dec 13, 2021 8:56 AM

Oct 2016

foxxykat1223Feb 2, 2022 2:43 PM
Dec 13, 2021 9:08 AM

Aug 2012
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: SetsukoSu

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: here
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: here
🍗 Level Achieved: 5

1. [MOVIE] Kimi to, Nami ni Noretara [January 16, 2022 - January 16, 2022]
    Impressions: I expected to like it since it fit the genre I tend to enjoy (a romance with supernatural elements). I think the general idea was very good. Grief and being unable to do what you love (for whatever reason) are great topics to explore. Unfortunately, the anime didn't explore them much, especially the second one. All the problems got resolved in the final scene. A very ridiculous final scene. (I just love when the characters decide to put themselves in a dangerous situation instead of letting someone else deal with it, you know, someone actually equipped to do it). But I must admit, it looked really cool. Also, I think it's quite a unique anime, as I don't know any other one that has surfing or firefighters. So it was nice to see something new!

2. [MOVIE] Umibe no Étranger [February 12, 2022 — February 12, 2022]
    Impressions: It was nice to watch and the art was beautiful. It was soft and relaxing. I loved the cats. But, arguably, the most important thing in the romance genre is the relationship between the characters, and here it's not developed much. The main characters are supposed to be in love yet it feels like they're arguing/upset with each other most of the time. Time skips don't help, they're very confusing. I suppose the creators did not have enough screen time and prioritized the drama over the calmer moments that would give more depth to the characters. The plot has potential but underdeveloped characters made it hard for me to relate to it. I didn't really care about the characters or their relationship so I didn't care about their problems either. Overall, it was fine but not really memorable and I probably won't go back to it.

3. [TV] Gakkougurashi! [December 13, 2021 — December 28, 2021]
    Impressions: I'm really happy I got this recommendation because I don't think I'd ever decide to watch it on my own. Everything from the poster to the synopsis wasn't very appealing to me, and yet I enjoyed this series a lot! Unfortunately, I spoiled myself the end of the first episode, so I lost the chance to fully experience the first plot twist but it didn't matter that much in the end as there were more to come. I loved that whenever I thought that something is stupid or that character is too shallow I was proved wrong a few episodes later when more information was revealed. There were some things that could've been better, so I definitely have to check out the manga to see how they were handled there. And of course to see what happens next!

4. [TV] Beastars [January 4, 2022 — January 6, 2022]
    Impressions: It's been a while since anime absorbed me so much. The sole fact that I managed to finish it in three days instead of a few weeks is pretty telling, as lately I would take a long time to finish even if I liked the series. I liked how they used different art/animation styles though sometimes it looked like they tried too hard to make it unique. I got really interested in the worldbuilding, there are parts that don't look very solid but I've got a lot of questions about the parts that weren't shown in the series (e.g. are there other cities? are they different than this one? there seem to be 'conscious' fishes, how do they live?). Generally, I think the world whose inhabitants are so diverse must be quite complex and very unfair to many of them. (I guess it's not that different from ours after all). I kinda feel like I focused on the wrong things and not the actual point of the series but, well, enjoyed it anyway, so it probably doesn't matter.

The end was a bit ridiculous but as it seems to serve some purpose when you look at the next season I'm willing to accept it without complaining too much.

—————————————————————————————————————

5. [TV] 91 Days [February 12, 2022 — DATE FINISHED]
    Impressions: Didn’t manage to finish it on time but MC is hot and has a gun so it looks good so far ;)

SetsukoSuFeb 14, 2022 2:39 PM
Dec 13, 2021 9:20 AM

Mar 2014
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: LesLoue

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: Completed list
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: Sign-up post

🍗 Level Achieved: #6

1. [TV] Somali to Mori no Kamisama [December 22, 2021 — December 22, 2021]
    Impressions: I'd never heard of this one before and I was pleasantly surprised! I absolutely loved the father-daughter relationship between Golem and Somali, it was just so touching and heartwarming to see it grow stronger each episode ;; All the other characters were great too, a nice mix of different personnalities! Overall really liked it!

2. [TV] NHK ni Youkoso! [January 02, 2022 — January 05, 2022]
    Impressions: For some reason I'd gotten it my head that Welcome to the NHK was some kind of military isekai so this wasn't what I expected at all lol, but it was still really good! Seriously an amazing portrayal of anxiety and depression. I could definitely relate to Satou on some aspects, all the characters felt realistic too. Some arcs were better than others, I liked the ending though.

3. [TV] Yagate Kimi ni Naru [January 16, 2022 — January 16, 2022]
    Impressions: I've been meaning to watch this since it started airing so I'm glad this was one of my gifts! I really enjoyed it, I'd heard a lot of good things about it and it lived up to my expectations. I was really happy to see some ace representation in Yuu and Maki (or at least that's how I saw them), being on the ace spectrum myself I related to them a lot. Overall, Yuu and Touko are certainly deeply complex characters, and their relationship is just as complex, it's an interesting approach to romance. It's a bummer the ending isn't conclusive at all, I understand it only adapts part of the manga, but I wish there was some closure at least regarding Touko's desire to be like her sister/the whole play arc...
LesLoueJan 16, 2022 6:28 PM
Dec 13, 2021 9:29 AM
Fantasy lover

Aug 2017
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: ExperienceLD

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ExperienceLD?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=50#msg65001247

1. [TV] Strike Witches [Jan 05, 2022 — Jan 10, 2022]
    Impressions: Beginning was rather boring but it got better at the end. Aside from their outfits, the ecchi scenes felt rather natural, which is good :D

2. [TV] Ajin [Jan 12, 2022 — Jan 16, 2022]
    Impressions: Really good adaptation aside from the CGI, which wasn't good but also not that bad.

3. [TV] Kanata no Astra [Dec 26, 2021 — Dec 30, 2021]
    Impressions: definitely the best of the 6. Really interesting concept, sadly the characters are a bit too Anime cliche and goofy. I think it would be better if it was a bit more serious.

4. [TV] Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi [Jan 02, 2022 — Jan 05, 2022]
    Impressions: Banger opening. Anime was also pretty good :D

5. [TV] Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara [Dec 11, 2021 — Dec 18, 2021]
    Impressions: probably my fav part so far since it didn't have that much unnecessary ecchi but some of the dishes were really weird xD

6. [TV] Kanojo mo Kanojo [Dec 20, 2021 — Dec 25, 2021]
    Impressions: Pretty bad but I expected that D: MC is really annoying

KeikenJan 19, 2022 5:46 AM
Dec 13, 2021 9:30 AM

Nov 2018
Post to Work on my Gifts (06/06)

❄️ Username: Eleanora1315

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: Link

1. [TV] Black Lagoon [Dec 14 — Dec 16]
    Impressions: I really liked the little political touch in this one. The show as a whole was nice enough and the evolution of the main protagonist is smooth, but very slow. I started to appreciate Black Lagoon only after the 7th episode. Other than that, it was a pretty solid recommendation. Thank you my star!

2. [TV] Baccano! [Dec 26 — Dec 26 ]
    Impressions: I liked how the show was divided in different point of view and how it all revolved around the mafia and their strategies. However, there are too many unanswered questions for me to fully appreciate it. It is still a very good serie tho. Thank you!

3. [TV] Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch [Jan 08 — Feb 10]
    Impressions: Awesome story, very emotional, I loved it! The second half really kept me entertained, but the first one is kinda slow paced. It took me a while to actually take interest in this show. I'm a little bit disappointed too regarding the political and strategic aspect. It is indeed very present, but not really in depth. What I mean by this is that I thought the strategies would be a litlle bit more like in Death Note (explained through and through instead of taking it for granted), but it's still the best out of the 3 I've watched yet. Can't wait to check the second season! Great rec star!

4. [TV] Shinsekai Yori [Feb 11 — Feb 13]
    Impressions: Woah! That was a ride! Even better than the last one! It served my rec at 100%. The dystopian environment, the wars, the whole strategy, i liked them all! I have a few unanswered questions still, but othewr than that I loved it! Thank you for the recommendation! <3
Eleanora1315Feb 12, 2022 10:36 PM
Dec 13, 2021 9:37 AM

Jun 2015
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: nightfury10

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/nightury10?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=100#msg65079569

🍗 Level Achieved: 2

1. [TV] Planet With [Dec 18 '21 — Jan 15 '22]

2. [Movie] Uchuu Show e Youkoso [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]
nightfury10Jan 15, 2022 5:35 PM
Dec 13, 2021 9:39 AM

Jan 2013

Post to Work on my Gifts
❄️ Username: Wyvern22
  1. [ TV Type ] Neo Ranga [ Jan 02 — Jan 04 ]
    Impressions: Oh goodness!!!! The plot is ridiculous: i turned into a queen and going to live with my giant mecha in the middle of the city, deal with it. There's no enemy to defeat. These girls think they're "helping" people with the things they do. They don't care why that deity is there, they just use it as they please, specially the younger one, who use it as a teen uses a bike. That brat is evil, she tried to destroy the city because things wasn't going her way. The worst thing was when they went to meet their relatives and killed the local deity that the whole town worshiped and make it seem like they were doing something good. And with all that they still have enough time to go to school and go to the beach several times (so lots of bikinis). Nothing makes sense. These girls remainded me of those armed groups full of kids with AK-47 pretending to save the world while they're just being cruel.

2. [ TV Type ] Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season [ Jan 18 — Jan 18 ]
    Impressions: These was on my ptw for a reason, i like Haikyuu and i like sports, it was a matter of time to finish it

3. [ TV Type ] Mokke [ Jan 09 — Jan 10 ]
    Impressions: It starts like a Natsume Yuujinchou without Nyanko-sensei. It forgets that is a supernatural serie so most of the time is a pure slice of life which makes it really boring.

4. [ TV Type ] The God of High School [ Dec 18 — Dec 18 ]
    Impressions: It fits what i asked for. At first it was interesting, the first episode was hilarious, good opening song, really catching. But the second part lost its charm, all the elders were useless and the bad guys didn't appeal to me. Also the title is unfortunate since it gives off an idea of what the series could be that probably won't appeal to some, thank god the serie nothing has to do with it.

Wyvern22Jan 18, 2022 4:12 PM
Dec 13, 2021 9:49 AM

Aug 2010
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: Rno081

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rno081?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: #78

1. [TV-12] Youjo Senki [Jan 3 — Jan 9]
    Impressions: I totally enjoyed it. glad I took it off my ptw so when the 2nd season comes I can watch it! thank u for the gift, i really appreciate it.

2. [TV-26] Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor [Jan 14 — Jan 24]
    Impressions: Finally I've watched the famous Kaiji :) I enjoyed it so much, thanks <3 more sequels to watch yaay.

3. [TV-13] Odd Taxi [Feb 2 — Feb 7]
    Impressions: I LOVE THIS! I didn't expect anything from this other than an episodic taxi anime, and idk why I thought that cuz it is everything but that!
    Amazing! I love it! I love it! I love it! specially the ending. thanx.

4. [replaced with the bonus][Movie] Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Movie: Hoshi wo Yobu Shoujo [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

5. bonus [TV-13] Munou na Nana [Jan 25 — Jan 27]
    Impressions: This is everything I wished for X'mas - fast paced, friendship meaningful moments, survival, and psychological.
    So far the best among the rest of the present although all of them are AMAZING!

Comment: can I just say, I am very impressed by these options (13 Dec, 2021)!
Literally 3 out of them I was dying to find a reason to watch! and one that seems right up my alley :)
Thanks to all of my Santas! I already love it!! <3

@SheyCroix just a quick question, I've asked for Lv.5 which is 4 series (2 TV type, 1 Movie, 1 over 10 minutes total). I think -if I'm not mistaken- my gifts allow me to go higher to Lv.6 which is 4 series (4 TV type —OR— 3 TV type, 1 Movie), can I replace the movie with the bonus TV type so I can do 4 TV types?
If they allow you to go higher, yeah. You can.
Rno081Feb 7, 2022 9:22 AM
Dec 13, 2021 9:57 AM
Bhaal babe

Jul 2015
Post to Work on my Gifts
❄️ Username: Nymeew

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Nymeew?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=50#msg64999209

1. [TV] Yuru Camp△ [December 16 — December 20]
    Impressions: Super comfy and perfect for this time of the year. Not the biggest fan of the girls but I still enjoyed it.

2. [TV] Non Non Biyori [January 09 — January 11]
    Impressions: Super chill and cute. At first I thought it was going to be quite boring but it was prety fun and super easy to watch. I really liked Renge, I need a little sister like her. Nyanpassuuu

3. [TV] Hibike! Euphonium [January 08 — January 09]
    Impressions: I've enjoyed this more than expected. I've grown fond of all the girls and the last performance almost made me cry aww. I've loved the end as well, can't wait for the next season.

4. [TV] Blend S | Shirobako [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

5. [TV] Violet Evergarden [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

6. [TV] Kuragehime [December 14 — December 14]
    Impressions: It was super fun but it ended when I was starting to like it even more and now I'm sad. I might end up reading the manga since it was seriously getting captivating aaaah. As an important addition, I have to say how madly in love with Kuranosuke I am right now. Oh my god.
NymeewJan 11, 2022 8:53 AM

Dec 13, 2021 10:09 AM

Jan 2015
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: Acestrawbs

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/acestrawbs?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=50#msg65034513

1. [ONA] Xingchen Bian [Dec 14th 2021 — Dec 19th 2021]
    Impressions: This anime was great exactly what I was hoping for a fantastic chinese anime that I had never heard of and it very much so was my style of anime.
    10/10 recommendation, 9/10 anime.

2. [TV] Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin (TV) [Feb 6th 2022 — Feb 7th 2022]
    Impressions: This anime was a suprise at how much I enjoyed it as I felt like it didn't really fit my usual style. I liked the characters and the action was really well done. In particular I enjoyed the mystery of what relic will be discovered next and what puzzle will they need to overcome.
    9/10 anime

3. [TV] Dog Days [Feb 12th 2022 — Feb 14th 2022]
    Impressions: This anime hit all of the genres I like so was a good recommendation, but the anime just felt confused the anime flip flopped between serious, lighthearted to just plain childish at times. I feel like if it either kept a lighthearted feel with a couple of serious moments it would have worked much better. but the real biggest downside is the Echii element which just didn't fit at all. It is established at the start that when someone gets injured they turn into a cat ball in the first episode, so what happens to female characters when they get injured... Thats right they loose all of their clothes and are completely naked. It felt like the kind of anime I would have enjoyed more as a teenager.
    6/10 anime

4. [ONA] Shiguang Dailiren [Feb 14th 2022 — Feb 14th 2022]
    Impressions: I reallly enjoyed this anime the music especially stood out which I have never had before. However I didn't like the end as I would have liked a well rapped season end with one or two loose strings to lure you into the next season not a full on cliff hanger.
    9/10 anime

acestrawbsFeb 14, 2022 7:45 PM

Dec 13, 2021 10:27 AM
Nobu Enjoyer

Apr 2020
Post to Work on my Gifts
❄️ Username: SakugaSpriter

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: List
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: Lmfao 69 😂😂😂

🍗 Level Achieved: #
🍗 From which group did you receive your recommendations? Shining Stars 🌟
🍗 Where did you find your gifts? near the Snowman ⛄️

1. [TV] Cowboy Bebop [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

2. [TV] Romeo x Juliet [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

3. [TV] 91 Days [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

4. [TV] Death Parade [Jan 04 — Jan 06]
    Impressions: (Right off the get go I was pulled into something that was really interesting to me. The world, its characters, the episodic stories, it was all stuff that I enjoyed a lot. The last episode for me really took this show to the next level and I'd never thought I'd have my first cry of 2022. I'm really glad that I watched this and while I think it may not need a sequel, I would definitely watch it the first chance I get.)

5. [TV] Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor 🎁 | Bonus: Natsume Yuujinchou [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

6. [TV] High School DxD [ON HOLD ITEM — Jan 04]
    Impressions: (This anime took a while to grow on me, but I think I just accepted the show for what it was and just had a blast overall with what I was seeing. I can understand the hype behind Rias and how much of a classic this show was. I'll definitely be watching all of the sequels and stuff associated with this.)
SakugaSpriterJan 7, 2022 12:05 AM
Dec 13, 2021 10:39 AM

Dec 2015
Post to Work on my Gifts
❄️ Username: Gwathgor

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: Link

1. [TV - 2 cour] Wolf's Rain [Feb 10 — Feb 13]
    Impressions: Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of this one. The plot, while not that interesting either, could be very much okay, if only I could like some of the characters. I was mostly indifferent towards most of them, then there was Toboe and Kiba, who annoyed the living crap out of me and instead of rooting for them I was mostly hoping they get killed off.

2. [TV - 2 cour] Saber Marionette J [Feb 10 — Feb 13]
    Impressions: The setting makes zero sense if you know anything about genetics, and the premise doesn't sound that promising, but the anime itself makes imo the most of it. It's definitely nothing ambitious, but just so damn pleasant to watch, fun and entertaining.

3. [TV - 2 cour] Ore Monogatari!! [Feb 12 — Feb 14]
    Impressions: Really nice and sweet romance with likeable characters, maybe sometimes a bit too sweet and feeling kinda unrealistic, but still enjoyed it a lot.
GwathgorFeb 14, 2022 8:01 PM
Dec 13, 2021 11:29 AM

Oct 2020
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: xCrazee

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/xCrazee?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=0#msg64983484

1. [TV - 2-cour] Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha [Jan 11, 2022 — Jan 12, 2022]
    Score: 9
    Impressions: Love the setting, story, and MC. I'll admit I was lost at some parts but I was able to keep up thanks to the comments on the episodes. Looks like the sequel season isn't as good but it will definitely go on my P2W.

2. [TV - 2-cour] Full Metal Panic! [Dec 26, 2021 — Dec 27, 2021]
    Score: 5
    Impressions: I liked the school/comedy with a little action sprinkled in that happened for the first few episodes, but then the show lost me. I didn't like any of the characters except for Chidori (tsundere, *chef's kiss*), and the way it tried to insert comedy with the more serious stuff just didn't work for me. The FMP Fumoffu looks like something that I'd enjoy more, so I'll probably give that a shot at some point. I will not rule out watching the second season of FMP, but it's definitely not at the front of my P2W.

3. [TV - 2-cour] Ao no Exorcist [Jan 08, 2022 — Jan 10, 2022]
    Score: 3
    Impressions: I either love battle-shounens or I absolutely despise them, and unfortunately this one fell into the latter group for me. The fights weren't very interesting, I wasn't a fan of either of the two brothers, there wasn't much progression (not that I expected much else from a battle-shounen that's been releasing for over a decade), and the ending was unsatisfying. I appreciate the tsundere consideration (I love her and Moriyama) but unfortunately they weren't able to save the show for me. I understand why people like it but I personally won't be watching the second season. The OPs/EDs are great though.

TO BE COMPLETED LATER (POST TURN-IN):

1. [TV - 2-cour] Persona 4 The Animation [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]
    Score:

2. [TV - 2-cour] Accel World [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]
    Score:

3. [TV - 1-cour] Asobi Asobase [Jan 23, 2022 — Jan 24, 2022]
    Score: 10
    Impressions: I love this. Love the characters, love the humor, love the artstyle. As I'm doing a full challenge Drama restriction for the 2022 AWC, this show was a great change of pace. I was thinking of adding CGDCT to my dislikes section since they are hit or miss for me, but I am glad I didn't.
xCrazeeJan 27, 2022 5:17 PM
Dec 13, 2021 11:41 AM

May 2015
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: Mackamizzle

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mackamizzle?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=50#msg64999022

1. [TV] Natsume Yuujinchou [Dec 23/21 — Dec 29/21]
    Impressions: pretty relaxing experience

2. [TV] Elfen Lied [Dec 19/21 — Dec 19/21]
    Impressions: much gorier than i thought it would be

3. [TV] Natsuyuki Rendezvous [Dec 19/21 — Dec 20/21]
    Impressions: started off interesting, but fell off after ep 4

4. [TV] Aria the Animation [Dec 20/21 — Dec 20/21]
    Impressions: really chill, but boring at times

5. [TV] Paradise Kiss [Dec 20/21 — Dec 21/21]
    Impressions: actually great, really interesting characters

6. [TV] Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? [Dec 21/21 — Dec 21/21]
    Impressions: pretty funny, but has a lot of harem cliches
MackamizzleJan 1, 2022 11:58 AM
Dec 13, 2021 12:02 PM

Nov 2016
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: Mikaytama13

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mikaytama13?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=50#msg65024116

1. [TV | Episodes: 12] Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. [Dec 27, 2021 — Feb 14, 2022]
    Impressions: A sweet heart-warming anime with alot of character developement.

2. [TV | Episodes: 12] Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! [Dec 22, 2021 — Dec 27, 2021]
    Impressions: It was OK. Not my cup of tea.

3. [TV | Episodes: 12] Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? [Jan 2, 2022 — Jan 3, 2022]
    Impressions: Very funny anime about zombies.

4. [TV | Episodes: 13] Maria-sama ga Miteru [Aug 11, 2020 — Dec 8, 2021]
    Impressions: An interesting perspective about school life for a girl.

5. [TV | Episodes: 12] Dimension W [Dec 22, 2021 — Dec 23, 2021]
    Impressions: Cool anime with alot of fightning and a good soundtrack. Feels like it could have been abit longer.

6. [TV | Episodes: 12] Venus Versus Virus [Jan 20, 2022 — Jan 22, 2022]
    Impressions: This was really average for me.
Mikaytama13Feb 13, 2022 9:07 PM
Dec 13, 2021 12:08 PM

Aug 2015
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: Myelin_sr

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Myelin_sr?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=0#msg64981199

🍗 From which group did you receive your recommendations? Shining Stars / Robelfots

1. [TV] Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji [Dec 14-Dec 22, 2021]
    Impressions: Eh, not a fan

2. [TV] Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou [Dec 21, 2021-Feb 13, 2022]
    Impressions: great, it just takes me forever to finish iyashikei

3. [TV] Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita [Jan 7-Jan 10, 2022]
    Impressions: weird and fun

4. [TV] Isshuukan Friends. [Jan 11-Jan 15, 2022]
    Impressions: fun and cute, very good

5. [TV] Super Cub [Jan 23-Jan 29, 2022]
    Impressions: dumb and boring

6. [TV] Tari Tari [Feb 2-Feb 11, 2022]
    Impressions: really liked the start and end, the superhero part was dumb
Myelin_srFeb 13, 2022 12:42 AM
Dec 13, 2021 12:29 PM

Mar 2014
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: Rinarin

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Rinarin?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=0#msg64985519

1. [TV] Amanchu! [Feb 08 - Feb 12]
    Impressions:

2. [TV] Alice to Zouroku [Jan 11 — Jan 15]
    Impressions:

3. [TV] Mekakucity Actors [Dec 15 — Dec 18]
    Impressions:

4. [TV] Musaigen no Phantom World [Feb 01 - Feb 05] (Old starting date was Jan 07, 2016 had watched till ep.03 but restarted it on Feb 02, 2022)
    Impressions:

5. [TV] Ninin ga Shinobuden [Feb 02 - Feb 05]
    Impressions:

6. [TV] Uchouten Kazoku 2 [Dec 27 — Dec 30]
    Impressions:

RinarinFeb 12, 2022 7:43 AM
Card Deliveries
Dec 13, 2021 12:45 PM

Jan 2014
SheyCroix said:
To: Coconut_nekopara [Snowman] [L.8]

I have already seen the one that is striked through in the december challenge, please recommend me a different one please
Coconut_nekoparaDec 13, 2021 12:48 PM
Dec 13, 2021 1:15 PM

Oct 2020
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: maurorr

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/maurorr?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=50#msg64992021

1. [TV] Gin no Saji [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

2. [TV] Mikakunin de Shinkoukei [January 19 2022 — February 1 2022]
    Impressions: Cute but very ordinary. A typical Rom-Com anime. I wanted to watch it for a while because I saw a clip of Mashiro dancing.

3. [TV] Yuru Camp△ [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

4. [TV] Usagi Drop [Dec 30 2021 — Dec 31 2021]
    Impressions: I think that it was really cute and it being paced slowly made story better. I didn't get the feeling that something was forced which is really good. I think it was a really good recommendation I am thankful for.

5. [TV] Ao Haru Ride [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

6. [TV] Gakkougurashi! [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]
maurorrFeb 3, 2022 12:23 PM
Dec 13, 2021 1:22 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: bigdud24

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/bigdud24?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=0#msg64981409

🍗 Where did you find your gifts? inside the Poinsettia

1. [OVA] Hellsing Ultimate [December 15, 2021 — December 28, 2021]
    Impressions: Usually if something's relentlessly edgy it ends up being a huge turn-off. But this managed to carry itself with this kind of energy that made me get behind what was going on. Honestly, I can see why people call it a classic. It's got that edgy charisma that throws out common logic while forcing itself to stick. 8.5, leaning up to a 9.

2. [TV] Baby Steps [January 10, 2022 — January 13, 2022]
    Impressions: I love a good sports anime for it's self-improvement character arcs, and I appreciated that this one took a realistic approach with just one main character's journey. I also loved how the cast never seem like overpowering barriers and more like slopes to help uplift the character's journey further. Overall wholesome and a joy to watch. Didn't necessarily knock my socks off though, there are sports shows out there that I definitely have more love for. Regardless, I definitely need to get to the second season. 8.

3. [TV] Dororo [January 13, 2022 — January 24, 2022]
    Impressions: I enjoyed this one, this was interesting to watch from a production standpoint. This is an older story being adapted here and they definitely succeeded in making it modern and cool. It has some cool fights, plus the body parts being macguffins makes a cool in-universe progress indicator for the journey. I do have gripes, there were definite hiccups at certain parts of production that were pretty apparent. And there were a few episodes that I just did not get invested in, one or two of them being just plain weird in context. 7.5, leaning up to an 8.

4. [TV] Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita [January 19, 2022 — January 20, 2022]
    Impressions: An excellent pick in that it has some smart and witty dialogue, I was honestly impressed. It also hits that line of dark comedy that isn't overly obnoxious but manages to be surprising and actually funny for me. The main character snarky-ness is a super fun and creative point of reaction to this hilariously broken world. Also the fairies were adorable (and terrifying). Solid 9.

5. [TV] Great Pretender [January 26, 2022 — January 27, 2022]
    Impressions: I am a huge fan of stories where you're consistently second guessing just exactly how the current predicament is going to unfold, as well as how the characters are gonna make it out of it, and did this ever deliver. I like it's art style, and it's got some great characters, but the centerpiece is definitely the cases. Each case has something to offer, but the first case was pretty much perfect. But because of that, the other cases almost couldn't live up. I enjoyed the second case for what it was, and the third case was good with it's pathos, and the fourth aimed to be the biggest and most surprising, but unfortunately tried a bit too hard. All in all a neat watch, regardless of some minor shortcomings. 8.

6. [TV] Banana Fish [February 7, 2022 — February 9, 2022]
    Impressions: I enjoyed it, I'm a fan of dramas regarding tough, multi-faceted, dangerously murky situations. This is bona-fide that. There's strong thematic ties to the contrast between the innocent onlookers and the dirty-handed, the relationship between abusers and victims, crime/conspiracy and those who would seek justice. Tackled tough subjects while being super tact with utilizing those subjects for the service of their themes. With how deep the cast has to go to seek their personal justice, there was no way this was gonna be a fully happy ending, but the way they tied it up ended up becoming both the most sense and the most tragic. Biggest thing I could fault are very minor nitpicks, being the weirdly fast pacing and weird placement of OST in the first third or so. 9.

Note: Gifts were so good that I wanted to at least sample what everybody gave me as a gift, which is why I went over the required cour amount and listed my thoughts for each show regardless. I wanted to try Index (even though Railgun was offered) just to appease that gifter, but unfortunately ran out of time. I'll get to the Toaru series sometime, I swear.
bigdud24Feb 9, 2022 5:17 PM
Dec 13, 2021 1:51 PM
The Enthusiast

Jul 2007
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: lostnyanko

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/lostnyanko?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=50#msg65010440

1. [TV] Non Non Biyori [12/13/2021]
    Impressions: It was decent, but the characters didn't really strike me that well so I didn't get very invested.

2. [TV] Versailles no Bara [12/14/2021 — 12/23/2021]
    Impressions: A really solidly done anime. Glad to have had this suggested to me to finally get around to watching it.

3. [TV] Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? [12/15/2021]
    Impressions: Some good laughs in it, not a bad series at all.

4. [TV] ReLIFE [12/17/2021]
    Impressions: Nice choice! Glad to have finally gotten around to watching it.

5. [TV] 91 Days [12/16/2021]
    Impressions: Really interesting anime! Thumbs up on the rec, I wanted to watch this for a while, so glad to get to it.
lostnyankoDec 23, 2021 2:03 AM
Dec 13, 2021 2:14 PM

Oct 2017
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: Bunille

1. [TV] Somali to Mori no Kamisama [Jan 7-Jan 8] 10
    Impressions: The characters are really cute. It's really sad and I'm a sucker for this kind of adventure. Why have so many people dropped it?

2. [TV] Psycho-Pass 2 [Jan 14 - Jan 16] 7
    Impressions: It's quite different from the first one, but I still enjoyed it.

3. [TV] L/R: Licensed by Royal [Jan 18 - Jan 19] 7
    Impressions: The music is great.

4. [TV] Fate/Zero [Jan 11 - Jan 12] 7
    Impressions: Not much really happened lol, but I liked ep 12 the most because we find out a bit more about Irisviel. It doesn't even conclude,
    it's as if part 1 and 2 weren't supposed to be separated in the first place.

5. [TV] Young Black Jack [Jan 20] 9
    Impressions: If I actually read synopses, I would've watched this before now. A doctor anime? :D

6. [TV] Golden Kamuy [Jan 16 - Jan 17] 9
    Impressions: I actually wanted to watch this on release, but Crunchyroll's trailer really deterred me with the CGI bear.

According to how I rated these, I may as well watch 3%+ dropped/on-hold shows lmao.
BunilleJan 20, 2022 6:41 AM
Dec 13, 2021 2:18 PM
Sanzo Party

Apr 2015
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: RenxKentaro

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: MyList
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: 101

🍗 Level Achieved: 5

1. [Movie] Mary to Majo no Hana [Feb 13 — Feb 13]
    Impressions: Thank you C: this did have the Studio Ghibli feel that I like. So much nature and adventure :)

2. [Movie] Hal [Jan 11 — Jan 21]
    Impressions: It was good :) but I really think I need to watch it again since I was so sleepy and stopped mid way and then was a bit confused finishing it a week later ;P

3. [TV] Zankyou no Terror [Jan 06 — Jan 22]
    Impressions: This was great! :) Nine was not too expressive ;) The songs are really good too! I really enjoyed watching this, thank you♥

4. [TV] Planet With [Jan 19 — Feb 12]-Switched
    Impressions: (I will watch Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season but it will just take me the whole year...) Watching the 1st ep, I really didn't want to keep watching this... but then I watched the next 3 in row and was so excited for more XD

RenxKentaroFeb 13, 2022 2:55 PM
Dec 13, 2021 2:34 PM

Oct 2013
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: Trojangirl12

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: List
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: Sign-up

1. [TV] Grand Blue [12/22/2021— 12/31/2021]
    Impressions: 8/10--- I loved the humor and the ridiculousness of the club. I am happy it went the way it did. I am also glad they only did one season. I feel like a second season of this could ruin the whole vibe of the show. Azusa and Cakey are my two fave characters. I loved the female characters more than the males, and I will never look at water or oolong tea the same again.

2. [TV] Bakemonogatari [01/12/2022 — 01/15/2022]
    Impressions: 8/10--- I enjoyed the fast pace of the different stories. It was a different anime from the ones I normally watch, but it was a good change of pace. I enjoyed the different stories with other creatures, but I think I like Shinobu the best. I think I will be watching more of this series.

3. [TV] Shinsekai yori [01/17/2022 — 01/20/2022]
    Impressions: 8/10--- It starts super slow, but finally speeds up. It is a deep one that really makes you think. If you want something that goes really deep, this would be perfect.

4. [TV] Haikyuu!! Second Season [01/09/2022— 01/11/2022]
    Impressions: 9/10--- This season made me fall in love with my volleyball boys more than I thought I would. It was a great season full of redemption that they needed. The new people are fun, and we get to learn more about old and new characters. I waited a bit between season 1 and season 2, but since they were both so good I may watch season 3 sooner. This is one of those must watch sports anime.

5. [TV] Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor [01/16/2022 — 01/17/2022]
    Impressions: 8/10--- This is the most anxiety inducing anime I have watched in a while. I was able to work through one of my phobias, but only a little. I enjoyed the games, but I wish they could've went faster. Overall, it was fun and not one of my first choices. I will watch season 2, but it will be much later.

6. [TV] Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei The Animation [01/05/2022 — 01/06/2022]
    Impressions: 7/10--- It started out as a battle royale murder mystery. It seemed like it tried to do way more than it had time for. Parts of it were fast, and then some dragged. I would like to play the game this is based on, but I doubt I will rewatch the anime. Good, but not super great to me.
trojangirl12Jan 20, 2022 8:27 PM
Dec 13, 2021 3:15 PM

Mar 2016
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: dianali

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/dianali?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=50#msg65001268

1. [TV] Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica [December 26, 2021 — December 28, 2021]
    Impressions: I was really surprised with this anime, thought it was more bright. I wish I could see more fights, the girls working together and I find some characters annoying, but overall I like the story.

2. [TV] Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) [December 28, 2021 — December 31, 2021]
    Impressions: Thank you for the recommendation, loved the light story and all characters are very likeable. I really enjoy this one out.

3. [TV] Golden Kamuy [January 02, 2022 — January 09, 2021]
    Impressions: Really aprecciate this recommendation, ven though I usually don't watch historical animes I really liked this story. The only thing that troubled me about this anime was the amount of animals that are killed. But really loved the characters and the plot is amazing.

4. [TV] Tonari no Seki-kun [January 09, 2021 — January 13, 2022]
    Impressions: Really enjoy watching the episodes of this anime. It was pretty light and funny to watch every episode, I find myself trying to guess what the mc was going to do next.

5. [TV] Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu [January 16, 2022 — January 29, 2022]
    Impressions: Really loved the anime, didn't like that one main character died like that, without accomplish his dream. Because of that I was delaying the ending ;-;.

6. [TV] ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka [January 26, 2022 — January 30, 2022]
    Impressions: At first I didn't quite understand the story, it remembers me of baccano a lot, but I really liked the characters and the story was really good to watch.

7. Bonus [TV] Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! [January 30, 2022 — February 07, 2022]
    Impressions: Well at first I was not sure if i was going to like it, but, it was funny to see the girls having fun

8. Bonus [TV] Taishou Yakyuu Musume. [February 07, 2022 — February 10, 2022]
    Impressions: Being a sports anime I was going to enjoy it, and I did. Was great to see girls from a historical anime been strong, with courage to fight for what they believe. Really appreciate this anime

9. Bonus [TV] Rozen Maiden [February 10, 2022 — February 12, 2022]
    Impressions: I didn't expect that I was going to like this one. At first it was really noisy and didn't like the main character been so lazy, but as I watch more of the anime I find myself enjoying the story more and more.
dianaliFeb 11, 2022 5:34 PM
Dec 13, 2021 3:16 PM

Sep 2018
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: kandi_gloss

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/kandi_gloss?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=50#msg65001364

🍗 Where did you find your gifts? under the Xmas Tree (kinda, oops)

1. [TV] Hakumei to Mikochi [12.13.21 — 12.21.21] ☃️8/10☃️
    Impressions: A very cute and relaxing anime. I've had a rough last few weeks (maybe even last few months) so I really needed something like this.
    I didn't like the manga style squares they use in some scenes at first but they have grown on me.
    I was also a bit worried that it was going to get dark due to remembering it from being recommended from Made in Abyss, but it thankfully doesn't seem like it's going to at all.
    Also I feel like this captures the feeling of this sort of manga much better than most other anime adaptations I've seen. *coughAriacough*

2. [TV] Hyouka [??.??.16(?) — 01.26.22] ☃️6/10☃️
    Impressions: I didn't hate it, otherwise I would have told Shey that I wanted to switch after all, but it turned out to just be kinda mediocre to me. The first arc was ok but the rest of the show kind of just meandered and I didn't like that it focused on the school festival stuff for so many episodes, also ending the show with a bunch of one off episodes was a weak choice. All and all I may be a bit too old for this show.

3. [TV] Meitantei Holmes [12.14.21 — 01.25.22] ☃️7/10☃️
    Impressions: I wasn't that impressed at first but it eventually won me over with it's charm. Also I feel like the art and writing had an upgrade in the second half of the show's run, with some beautiful background art and stories actually focusing on a problem to solve. Where earlier episodes were more or less just action adventures.

4. [Movie] Omoide Poroporo [12.16.21 - 02.13.22] ☃️6/10☃️
    Impressions: It had it's charms, and I liked the ending, but all and all this film was a bit too slow moving for me, maybe just a bit too close to real life.
KristiwazhereFeb 13, 2022 4:49 PM
Dec 13, 2021 5:40 PM

Nov 2011
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: simplycarissa

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/simplycarissa?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: Post #58

1. [TV: 2-cour] Gosick [December 18, 2021 — December 23, 2021]
    Impressions: I LOVED this anime. It was definitely a worthwhile watch. 10/10 would recommend to a friend. The main characters were interesting, the plot was different, and the ending was satisfying. The anime felt complete and not like it was leaving you with a dissatisfying ending.

2. [TV: 1-cour] Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai [December 14, 2021 — December 16, 2021]
    Impressions: Definitely an emotional rollercoaster. I enjoyed how it slowly showed the events of the past and how each character was affected by everything, especially how each person was dealing with the grief of losing their friend. Ending made me cry.

3. [TV: 2-cour] Clannad [December 23, 2021 — January 8, 2022]
    Impressions: Eh, it was okay. Not that into it though.

4. [TV: 2-cour] Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso [January 8, 2022 — January 9, 2022]
    Impressions: Really great. 100% did cry at the end. It started out so wholesome and then the sad snuck up on you. It's been one my friend kept recommending to me, so thanks for the suggestion. Really a great watch.

Post Level 8

1. [TV: 2-cour] Samurai Champloo [January 11, 2022 - January 18, 2022]
    Impressions: A great pick! I really enjoyed it and I loved being able to talk to my friend who has also seen it. It's interesting and the way the episodes are stylized is great too. Really happy this was a pick for me.

2. [TV: 2-cour] Toradora! [January 27, 2022 - February 3, 2022]
    Impressions: Great show. Glad to have finally watched it. I have always heard great things about it, but needed to the push to get it off my Plan to Watch list. Thanks for the rec!

3. [TV: 1-cour] Natsuyuki Rendevous [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

simplycarissaFeb 3, 2022 11:29 AM
Dec 13, 2021 6:02 PM

May 2014
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: dalxa

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/dalxa?status=2

🍗 Level Achieved: #5

1. [Movie] Memories [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

2. [TV] Kokoro Connect [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]
    Impressions:

3. [TV] Grisaia no Kajitsu [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]
    Impressions:

4. [TV] Citrus [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]
    Impressions:

Dec 13, 2021 6:38 PM

Apr 2021
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: adorem3x

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/adorem3x?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=50#msg65009853

1. [TV] Juuni Taise [January 8, 2022 — DATE FINISHED]

2. [TV] Gakkougurashi! [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

3. [TV] Blood+ [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

4. [TV] Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

5. [TV] Deca-Dence [DATE STARTED — DATE FINISHED]

6. [TV] Demi-chan wa Kataritai [January 28, 2022 — DATE FINISHED]
adorem3xJan 28, 2022 4:10 AM

Dec 13, 2021 8:38 PM

Jul 2020

❄️ Username: Legends_of_anime
        ❄️ Link to your completed anime list: here
        ❄️ Link to your sign-up form: here
        ❄️ Level Achieved: #8
        ❄️ From which group did you receive your recommendations? Shining Stars
        ❄️ Where did you find your gifts? near the Snowman
        ❄️ Anime Completed from my gift: 6 | 6 Turn-in

• TV | [Jan 05, 2022 || Jan 06, 2022] Inuyashiki
                    Impressions: I.....love this anime...... almost made me cry a few times, especially at the end. I think the animation deserves better. This was a good reccomendation.

• TV | [Jan 12, 2022 || Jan 14, 2022] Baccano!
                    Impressions: BROOOOO..... I was feeling a little bored and confused at first, but it's got better every episode! Also I really liked Issacc 😂. Stanfield (rail-tracer was my favorite though cuz he also has a superiority complex like me)

• TV | [Jan 19, 2022|| Jan 21, 2022] Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu
                    Impressions: It was a fun, laid-back SOL that made and enjoy the time. But near the end I just didn't like some things about the main. That's why I gave it a 6. But I definitely enjoyed it and didn't feel pressured to play the next ep. (I just like Acchi Kocchi as a SOL too much)

• TV | [Jan 22, 2022 || Jan 25, 2022] Made in Abyss
                    Impressions: One of the BEST anime I've watched in a very long time. Absolutely loved it, the world, the animation, the characters and EVERYTHING else. And the fact that it had kinda psychological elements made it even better for me. I gave it a 9.7/10 and added it to my favorites too.

• TV | [Jan 26, 2022 || Jan 28, 2022] Zankyou no Terror
                    Impressions: I......am not sure how I feel about this anime. Almost everything I didn't like changed into something I liked by the end. I quite liked the ending but also.......I didn't totally want it to end it that way...... But whatever the case may be this was certainly the type of anime I like and enjoy watching. It was a little slow but that doesn't matter, it was amazing. I will have to send a thanks to whoever recommended me this.

• TV | [Jan 29, 2022 || Jan 31, 2022] Kakushigoto (TV)
                    Impressions: I don't know how to explain it....IT'S JUST A GREAT SHOW. It's nothing that special but it's just a good relaxing laid-back anime. And I love it. Also the title of the anime is just genius.

Overall impressions: I really liked this challenge and it made me watch these anime that I had been putting off for a very long time. I liked all the recommendations I got but I think the one I liked the least would be Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu. It was good but was very generic. Komi-san is a better anime for this kind of theme. And the one I liked the most would be Made in Abyss cuz it just had so many things. Also I don't really watch that many adventure anime BUT THIS JUST BLEW MY MIND. And the second place goes to Kakushigoto. It was really good.

bbcode style stolen from: lazy888
Legends_of_animeJul 11, 2022 1:43 PM

AniList x Spotify x Instagram
“Whether we die or not, isn't really that big a deal." — Suzuya Juuzou
Dec 13, 2021 10:04 PM

Aug 2018
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: Bern_stein

1. [TV] Steins;Gate [2022-02-04 — 2022-02-06]
    Impressions:
    With such a high MAL score, it was impossible not to be disappointed in the end. It's a good ride, but I don't understand the hype. Anyway, it's a nice story despite its inconsistencies, and I appreciated very much that they resolved the romance subplot, since it would have been so easy to just leave it open as it often happens.

2. [TV] Natsume Yuujinchou [2022-01-03 — 2022-01-04]
    Impressions:
    I'm very happy to have watched this and its numerous sequels. The more contemplative and enjoyable episodes remind me of Mushishi, and the best ones are exceptionally good. There are also more average plot devices, like Madara's antics or the "evil organization" trope, but luckily they are toned down and/or used parsimoniously.

3. [TV] Binbougami ga! [2021-12-16 — 2021-12-17]
    Impressions:
    An over-the-top slapstick comedy. The classic show where people destroy cities trying to destroy each other but the writers bend over backwards so that everything is always back to normal, at the end of each episode and at the end of the series. It's tolerable, but I'm not fond of it.

4. [TV] D4DJ: First Mix [2021-12-18 — 2021-12-18]
    Impressions:
    After starting with an original twist to the formula, the show goes back to the comfortable lane of idol shows. The art style and the over-enthusiastic main character type are the same as in the later seasons of BanG Dream!, not surprisingly from the same studio. I like idol anime, and I liked this one too.

5. [TV] Ookami to Koushinryou [2021-12-20 — 2021-12-21]
    Impressions:
    At the end of episode 2, Holo accidentally pushes the banter too far and has to apologize to Lawrence. After that, she manages to manipulate the discussion so that he accidentally does the same. Furthermore, the way she does so would not have worked with a less sharp-witted man: the conversation is exactly calibrated to the scope. At that point I realized that this is a well-crafted anime that treats its characters with respect, and needs to be treated accordingly.

6. [TV] Arte [2021-12-14 — 2021-12-15]
    Impressions:
    Some attitudes depicted here are a bit too Japanese for the chosen setting. However the story is nice, and the characters are pleasant: sometimes I just want to watch good people overcome their obstacles with a smile, and this fits the bill. The art is also well done, with increased detailing where it counts the most.
Bern_steinFeb 6, 2022 10:55 AM
Me: "Damn these manipulative Japanese people. Why are they so good at screwing up my feelings?"
My BFF: "Because they are weird. And you are weird."
Dec 13, 2021 10:10 PM
Master of Cursed

Aug 2011
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: cheerio38010

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/cheerio38010?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=0#msg64981876

🍗 Where did you find your gifts? near the Snowman

1. [TV] ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept. [Jan 1 — Jan 14]
    Impressions: Thank you whoever gave me this, I had been meaning to watch it for ages and you finally pushed me to see it. I loved this show's aesthetic a lot. Loved the OP too. The plot was good in general, but oh boy do I find it hard to deal with political dramas. I was so confused after 6 episodes of "coup" talk that I was gonna explode. I was really starting to think that there was no coup at all, and everyone was just paranoid. But after that, other things started happening, which calmed me down, and I enjoyed the rest. I didn't like this as much as I'd hoped, but it was still good. 6/10.

2. [TV - 2 cour] Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin [BC (Oct 13, 2018), 2eps — Jan 28]
    Impressions: Was nice to get back to this. I love the historic setting and the drama was great (maybe even too much). I wish it had made me cry though, but I didn't manage to, I think because of something about the delivery. This reminded me immensely of Ashita no Joe, which is a good thing, but it was hard not to constantly compare them, and I wound up wishing this was as good to me. Still, I really liked everything about the plot and characters and might check out the manga for the rest of the story eventually. 7/10.

3. [TV] Noragami [Jan 28 — Feb 3]
    Impressions: Everyone I talked to was so shocked that I hadn't seen this yet because it seemed right up my alley. Somehow I knew almost nothing about this show going in too, despite its popularity. It was pretty fun! I liked Yukine acting out and getting demonic cuz I'm a sucker for that. 6/10.

4. [TV - 2 cour] Steins;Gate [Feb 3— Feb 11]
    Impressions: I had played the game before (other than the true end), but had forgotten most of it. Still, nothing really took me by surprise because I remembered as it went on. I don't think it's as exciting to watch when you know basically what will happen, but I do think this is a good series. I think I preferred the more in-depth explanations from the game, though, as I started to feel like they were not explaining enough in this, and it got on my nerves. The ending was both really dumb and appropriately goodly dramatic. 7/10 (the game is more of a 9/10 for me).

Thanks to all my Santas, I really wanted to watch all the shows I was given, except Bakuman, sorry to whoever gave me it but I'm really not interested in manga making. I really wanted to see Enen no Shouboutai and Zankyou no Terror because they are from my on-holds, but ended up running out of time to use these at the end. Enen no Shouboutai would only have counted for 1 cour for me despite being 24 episodes. I was not feeling up for something so heavy as Zankyou no Terror at the end as well, and I would have had to watch it back to back with Yakusoku no Neverland, which I didn't feel up to seeing now because the second season still daunts me - I feel like I'd have to read the manga for this too to compare, and I don't have time for that right now. I ended up picked Steins;Gate at the end despite it also being pretty heavy because I have played most of the game (except the true end) and knew what to expect, so it wouldn't feel as daunting. I also knew the game was kinda slow so it would be fine to binge in a week and a half.

I still want to see all these series and will work hard to try see them in 2022 :) Thank you again, Santas!

To: cheerio38010 [Snowman] [L.8]
EboFeb 13, 2022 3:29 PM

Dec 14, 2021 12:35 AM

Apr 2010
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: Jhiday

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Jhiday?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687#msg64985314

1. [TV - 2-cour] 07-Ghost [2021-12-18 — 2021-12-23]
    Impressions: Unfortunately, this didn't really click with me. There's something about the setting and premise that felt too outlandish and I couldn't quite connect to. The mostly-male cast (and basically irrelevant female characters) didn't help, but the core issue is that I just couldn't get invested into the main conflict. [5/10]

2. [TV - 2-cour] Black Cat (TV) [2022-01-09 — 2022-01-15]
    Impressions: In theory, I quite like the setup, with this loser bounty hunter hooking up with an absurdly-good assassin, a snarky thief and a super-weapon-girl to go on weird capers. And when the show is just that, it really works, and it's tons of fun ! Unfortunately the actual "main" plot, with the secret assassin groups and the crazy gay rival textbook-fridging the assassin's girlfriend was just a bundle of yikes ; the weirdly-paced postscript arc with another group attempting to use super-weapon-girl for their generic purposes wasn't very interesting either. Also, this show suffers from a brutal production collapse towards the end, but then that's par for the course of a Shin Itagaki show. Still, all the little quieter moments and sidequests do work, and of course the god-level Taku Iwasaki soundtrack helps a lot to keep things fun (even when this devolves to borderline-slideshow levels of animation). [6/10]

3. [TV - 2-cour] Kaze no Stigma [2022-01-23 — 2022-01-28]
    Impressions: Late-period Gonzo isn't a pretty sight. Not only are the visuals quite mediocre, but there's also not escaping that this is adapting a mediocre light-novel series which alternates between a generic main plot stringing along a bunch of stale clichés, and tired rom-com hijinks well past their sell-by date. The chemistry between the two leads is quite lacking , in no small part because it feels like the show has zero respect for her (the constant need for the director to undercut any scene where she's vaguely awesome by immediately having her panties show is quite revelatory of the priorities at play here). Overall, it's not without its moment, but this isn't a good show. [4/10]

To: Jhiday [Poinsettia Garden] [L.8]
SheyCroixMar 25, 2022 5:08 PM
Dec 14, 2021 1:00 AM

Jan 2011
Post to Work on my Gifts

❄️ Username: OhTsuru

🍘 Link to your completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/OhTsuru?status=2
🍰 Link to your sign-up form: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1973687&show=0#msg64981181

1. [TV] Uramichi Oniisan[Dec 15, 2021 — Dec 28, 2021]
    Impressions: Uramichi is a person that every adult can relate to: just smile and do your job,you need to survive another day... It's cute how kids give him that "energy" to continue his job <3 tbh, I wanted to punch that director for how annoying he was towards Uramichi and others.
    Great inspirational quotes. Seiyuu pick on point! 9/10

2. [TV] Seiyou Kottou Yougashiten: Antique[Dec 21, 2021 — Dec 28, 2021]
    Impressions: these old men gave me a good laugh XD I love all the gay energy they delivered. Goofy faces are a plus! 7/10

3. [TV] Nobunaga Concerto[Jan 26, 2022 — Jan 31, 2022]
    Impressions: Don't mess with Japanese history, bro! Me and historical genre are not the best of friends tbh... Yea, there are some interesting moments but the big throw-off was the animation. I'm sorry but 3D is a no-no for me (this isn't fully 3d but still...). Animation, along with the story, plays a big part in my anime rankings. 5/10

4. [TV] Zetsuen no Tempest[Jan 05, 2022 — Jan 30, 2022]
    Impressions: I put this anime on-hold because it was boring.. and yeah, it was boring. Maybe because I saw spoilers online and I knew the plot here and there but it just kept on dragging and the story is 'meh' tbh. The whole setting of that world was too complicated for me, sorry... Yet, for the sake of this challenge, I completed this one. 5/10

5. [TV] Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou[Jan 25, 2022 — Jan 29, 2022]
    Impressions: Lovely. The story continues with new yokai adventures. I love this series <3 Not too crazy about it but I like how it has that "calming" effect (despite all the troubles they get into with spirits). Also, Natsume best boy! <3 8/10

6. [TV] Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen [Jan 12, 2022 — Jan 14, 2022]
    Impressions: I always admire these kinds of psychological anime: the creator must think of a plot very carefully which is so impressive. Kaguya and Miyuki are so in love, so clumsy and so goofy that it's adorable! Yet, neither wants to lose and confess first... which is giving me anxiety lol.
    I loved this anime <3 8/10 (because of the said anxiety and fast subtitles lol)

To: OhTsuru [Dining Table] [L.8]
OhTsuruFeb 1, 2022 3:19 AM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 🎴 Official Member Cards [OPEN] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Aug 30, 2016

682 by RackOrRuin »»
60 minutes ago

Sticky: » 🍰 Member Birthdays ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kreyul - Jan 1, 2018

367 by RackOrRuin »»
1 hour ago

Sticky: » 🏆 Challenges Turn-Ins (v.3) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Nov 1, 2021

8817 by Jokobo »»
1 hour ago

» 🌸April 2024 Challenge [NEW RESTRICTION ADDED] ( 1 2 3 4 )

AWCC_admin - Mar 31

195 by MickeyMinaj »»
5 hours ago

» 🟤 Anime Auction House「 Round 06: MAR 19 | Sign Up R.06 CLOSED | Everyone until APR 19 」 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - May 23, 2020

1520 by TrueArcanum »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.