Forum Settings
Forums

Studio Ponoc Announces 'Yaneura no Rudger' Anime Movie for Summer 2022

New
Dec 7, 2021 8:56 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Film production and distribution company Toho announced an anime movie based on A.F. Harrold's The Imaginary novel Wednesday, revealing the main staff, a teaser trailer and teaser visual (pictured). The movie, titled Yaneura no Rudger (Rudger in the Attic), is scheduled to open in theaters in Japan in Summer 2022.

Staff
Director: Yoshiyuki Momose (Ni no Kuni, Tomorrow's Leaves)
Producer: Yoshiaki Nishimura (Omoide no Marnie, Mary to Majo no Hana)
Studio: Studio Ponoc
Distribution: Toho

Synopsis
Rudger is Amanda Shuffleup's imaginary friend. Nobody else can see Rudger—until the evil Mr. Bunting arrives at Amanda's door. Mr. Bunting hunts imaginaries. Rumor has it that he even eats them. And now he's found Rudger.

Soon Rudger is alone, and running for his imaginary life. He needs to find Amanda before Mr. Bunting catches him—and before Amanda forgets him and he fades away to nothing. But how can an unreal boy stand alone in the real world? (Source: Bloomsbury Publishing, edited)

Bloomsbury Publishing released the children's fantasy novel with illustrations by Emily Gravett (Wolves, Little Mouse's Big Book of Fears) in October 2014. The novel was nominated for the Carnegie Medal and Kate Greenaway Medal in 2016.

Teaser Trailer

Note: The teaser trailer is also available here with English subtitles.

Official site: https://www.ponoc.jp/Rudger/
Official Twitter: @StudioPonoc

Source: PR Times

Yaneura no Rudger on MAL
VindstotDec 8, 2021 6:29 PM

Dec 7, 2021 9:43 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Was just about wondering if Studio Ponoc was only going to be a one-off thing after Mary and the Witch's Flower...

Here's to hoping this will be way better than that movie, trailer looks really pretty. Guess I should check out the original novel if possible too.
although I don't have high hopes after seeing what the director last directed according to his MAL page
Dec 8, 2021 1:47 AM

Feb 2020
Oh, wow ponoc is back.

I really love marry and the witch flower (it was what i expected from kiki and never got). Even the short stories movie they released next was beautiful. So I hope this also turn out good.

Though the director previous work Ni no Kuni was trash. But it was a game adaptation, so its kind of given. This one is a books adaptation. So I hope this doesnt turn anything like that.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Dec 8, 2021 1:52 AM

Feb 2019
It being from western source material caught my interest, but being directed by a Ghibli alumni got rid of it. Another for the ignore vehemently pile.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Dec 8, 2021 4:47 AM

Aug 2018
Woah ponoc is actually going to make another film
_______I like rocks__
Dec 8, 2021 6:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Thigh_Tide said:
It being from western source material caught my interest, but being directed by a Ghibli alumni got rid of it. Another for the ignore vehemently pile.
So what you're telling me is that in addition to having questionable to shit taste, you dislike anything Ghibli related too? xD
Dec 8, 2021 7:32 AM

Feb 2019
Tokoya said:
Thigh_Tide said:
So what you're telling me is that in addition to having questionable to shit taste, you dislike anything Ghibli related too? xD

Odd, you say that as though Ghibli deserves anything less than to be utterly despised, as if it's not a hub for the talent-impaired and artistically malformed.

And as a matter of fact, you've never actually been able to establish that I have shit taste, despite how much you like to claim that's the case. All we've got in that direction is that you irrationally hate idol anime for reasons you fail to express, and instead support corporate tripe and repetitive sports shlock. That's meant to reflect on my being wrong, how, exactly?
Dec 8, 2021 8:48 AM

Aug 2021
This trailer is cute.

Dec 8, 2021 9:32 AM

Aug 2008
Wow, anime based on a novel that isn't light? We're at the point where that alone makes it worth checking out. Not holding my fingers hoping for anything though. It's still just a children book I've never heard about.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 8, 2021 12:26 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Thigh_Tide said:
Tokoya said:

Odd, you say that as though Ghibli deserves anything less than to be utterly despised, as if it's not a hub for the talent-impaired and artistically malformed.

And as a matter of fact, you've never actually been able to establish that I have shit taste, despite how much you like to claim that's the case. All we've got in that direction is that you irrationally hate idol anime for reasons you fail to express, and instead support corporate tripe and repetitive sports shlock. That's meant to reflect on my being wrong, how, exactly?
Everything that you love and hate is the proof my guy lmao

The first thing you said in this post is just the latest addition to proving my point......I'm not a fan of everything Ghibli myself, but to even suggest that it's all garbage is just beyond nonsensical and extremely disrespectful lol

But hey, I shouldn't expect anything less from a guy like you
Dec 8, 2021 12:47 PM
May 2016
Tokoya said:
Thigh_Tide said:

The first thing you said in this post is just the latest addition to proving my point......I'm not a fan of everything Ghibli myself, but to even suggest that it's all garbage is just beyond nonsensical and extremely disrespectful lol

Same, I only liked the non Miyazaki Ghibli movies, but it's clear that there's a lot of talent behind everything Ghibli ever does
Dec 8, 2021 2:15 PM

Feb 2017
This looks wonderful. I want to see it.
Dec 9, 2021 1:36 AM

Dec 2020
OH??? interesting!!! the dreamy night theme reminds me of yoru ni kuni
Dec 9, 2021 1:45 AM

Feb 2019
Tokoya said:
Thigh_Tide said:

How? Justify this claim.

Again, how? Why would it be "nonsensical" or "disrespectful?"

Poisoning the Well. Irrelevant.
Dec 9, 2021 3:19 AM
Jul 2009
Tokoya said:
Thigh_Tide said:

My friend, almost every single post by Thigh_Tide is either trash talking some new title or showing off how great their taste is. Just ignore them, it's not worth your time
Dec 9, 2021 3:21 AM
Jul 2009
Thigh_Tide said:
Tokoya said:

How? Justify this claim.

Again, how? Why would it be "nonsensical" or "disrespectful?"

Poisoning the Well. Irrelevant.

Okay, we got it, you have the greatest anime taste in mal, we're just phlebs.
鬱陶しいなあお前
Dec 9, 2021 6:03 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Koshi_Inaba said:
Tokoya said:

My friend, almost every single post by Thigh_Tide is either trash talking some new title or showing off how great their taste is. Just ignore them, it's not worth your time
After my previous altercation with him, I knew that talking to him would be like talking to someone that's trying to convince you that clouds are in the ocean and not the sky
Dec 9, 2021 11:12 AM
Dec 2017
this looks interesting

Dec 10, 2021 1:43 AM

Feb 2019
Koshi_Inaba said:

Fallacy, an Appeal to Motive.

Koshi_Inaba said:
Okay, we got it, you have the greatest anime taste in mal, we're just phlebs.
鬱陶しいなあお前

Fallacies, an Appeal to Ridicule, and an Ad Hominem.

Tokoya said:
After my previous altercation with him, I knew that talking to him would be like talking to someone that's trying to convince you that clouds are in the ocean and not the sky

False Analogy. I note also you've refused to justify your previously stated view, as you were told to, suggesting it's arbitrary and hence without truth.
Dec 10, 2021 5:53 AM
Jul 2009
^ blah blah blah pretentious crap pretentious crap lol
Dec 11, 2021 2:06 AM

Feb 2019
Koshi_Inaba said:
^ blah blah blah pretentious crap pretentious crap lol

You being too dim to understand what's been writ doesn't make it pretentious. That's an Appeal to Personal Incredulity.

More topics from this board

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

8 by Adnash »»
9 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 25 minutes ago

1 by Memore »»
12 minutes ago

» 'Katsute Mahou Shoujo to Aku wa Tekitai shiteita.' Reveals Additional Cast, Second Promo

Doshigatai - 7 hours ago

3 by JehadKun »»
4 hours ago

» 'T.P BON' Reveals Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by EcchiGodMamster »»
5 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

26 by infanf »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.