Forum Settings
Forums

Aot ending received a very positive response in Japan but many enternational audiance doesn't like it.why?

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 4, 2021 9:46 AM
Feb 2021
From what I heard and from what I have seen aot ending received a very positive response from Japan audiance,they think that that's the only why the series has to be concluded but some international audience doesn't like it for many reasons like for some people they want eren alive,some want eren x Mikasa,some want jean x Mikasa,some want a happy ending and some of them where fine with that so what do u think what's the reason behind so much difference in the opinions between Japan and enternational viewers.and that's the reason I was so shocked when I first time saw rumers about anime original ending because ending ia already well received in Japan and anime mostly get revenue from Japan audiance so why should thye want to change it.

Sorry for my bad English
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Dec 4, 2021 10:23 AM

Oct 2020
People are mad because Eren didn't fuck Historia and he didn't actually kill everyone in the Rumbling. He did not remain the chad they envisioned him to be. That's literally all.
Dec 4, 2021 11:02 AM

Dec 2018
Because everyone made their own idealization of what the ending should be and were mad when their dumb theories weren't true.
Dec 4, 2021 1:46 PM
Jul 2018
I think people in the west just thought Eren's motive was kind of dumb. They hyped him up to be this stone cold killer with a cryptic agenda yet in the end he displayed childish and frighteningly human ideals, like it was all just an act. Perhaps Western audiences envisioned some epic plot twist.
Dec 4, 2021 4:21 PM

Sep 2013
No it wasnt well received.
The manga sales are the lower than 2 years ago despite it ending.
Only diehard fans defend it because they have wasted their time otherwise.
Dec 4, 2021 7:47 PM

Aug 2018
I think a lot of the negative reaction is based on peer pressure too; a desire to not stand out from the crowd.
Dec 4, 2021 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
One of the many mysteries I never understood. It's one major thing that some anime which receive very much criticism oversees are loved very much by Japan. But there must be also critics in Japan.
Dec 4, 2021 9:34 PM

Jul 2021
japan isn't very critical of things. they appreciate anything that comes out. and unlike the toxic people in the west, the don't send fucking death threats to the author

Dec 4, 2021 9:51 PM

Apr 2021
I think people have already gave all of the answer

_spoon_ said:
japan isn't very critical of things. they appreciate anything that comes out. and unlike the toxic people in the west, the don't send fucking death threats to the author
Tell this to those Japanese Eva fans who criticized NGE's ending hard. Whatever u just said here is a really bad misconception about Japan. They also criticized the newly released Mieruko Chan for the excess of fanservice. So it's completely false to say this.

Dec 5, 2021 3:13 AM
Dec 2020
I_Am_Freeballing said:
People are mad because Eren didn't fuck Historia and he didn't actually kill everyone in the Rumbling. He did not remain the chad they envisioned him to be. That's literally all.
you sound like a illiterate
Attack on Titan ended with chapter 123 and 130/131 is the epilogue
Dec 5, 2021 5:32 AM
Feb 2021
engich said:
ichii_1 said:
No it wasnt well received.
The manga sales are the lower than 2 years ago despite it ending.
Only diehard fans defend it because they have wasted their time otherwise.

Lmao cope. Aot is the top 4 most sold manga of 2021.
yeah over 7 million copies where sold these year.

Dec 5, 2021 5:37 AM
Feb 2021
yaegerist-15 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
no he somehow saying right I also seen these types of threads and forums everywhere like how they want eren banging historia and why eren didn't kill all to people to parmanently ending the war so what he was saying is not totally wrong.

Dec 5, 2021 10:40 AM

Oct 2020
yaegerist-15 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Calling me illiterate with incorrect English there. Nice.
Dec 5, 2021 10:45 AM

Mar 2016
I just disliked the fact floch got cucked, floch is my kinnie so that's why i got mad.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police šŸ˜«
Dec 5, 2021 12:39 PM

Oct 2017
We don't actually know the universal reception. Plenty of people like it over here too. I heard it was more criticized on 2chan. Unless you can survey and poll it's just guesses. There is no "Japanese opinion" more than there is a "Western opinion".

As for the rumours around an original ending those rumours are just cope from idiots who can't accept one of their favourite titles didn't turn out like they hoped. Happens all the time at most the anime will make some adds or cuts to the ending (which has happened in past seasons) but it's going to be mostly the same.

In terms of myself yeah I think the ending is straight up trash. Ignoring fanboys who seek the need to strawman fans under one brush for me it's just because it doesn't make any sense and they picked literally the worse outcome. Even Zeke's plan was better.
BilboBaggins365Dec 5, 2021 12:43 PM
Dec 5, 2021 2:56 PM
Apr 2021
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Poeple like you are the reason the ranking of AOT is still going down
Dec 5, 2021 3:47 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
If the Japanese audience liked this ending then they must have a shit taste.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Dec 5, 2021 4:07 PM

Dec 2014
Yea pretty sure Japan like despised the best JoJo part (Stone Ocean, not biased I swear) so we can't really take their word on the ending.

Last AOT arc was rushed but I liked the ending personally, even though I've seen a lot of the nihilist eren fanboys get mad I still think there is valid criticism over a lot of the last arc.
ElvyDec 5, 2021 4:20 PM
Dec 5, 2021 4:35 PM
Mar 2019
In general the criteria and values for writing and relations between the readers and writers seem to be very different in Japan. I’ve seen them criticize many works that western communities have found to be gems while them being more receptive to writings that we consider to be almost abhorrent, rly.

In this case, I think it’s that the fandom is simply more appreciative of Isayama over there, rather than “we understand the series better than western audiences”.

Personally I think SOME western readers have valid complaints about the ending and I don’t think Isayama thinks to himself he handled some things perfectly, given some of his recent interviews, as well as inconsistencies in statements he had said before.

But western fans tend to think they’re more entitled, not to mention more ship crazy.

Me personally, I really disliked the ending because of the poor execution of its ideas, the ideas weren’t bad in itself.
Dec 5, 2021 6:48 PM

Jan 2016
WarwarKB09 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:
Nah that's not why, it's because of all the salty pricks spamming it with 1/10 ratings every month.
And even then, they've been struggling to get it below 8.58 for over 5 months, the poor things...
Alvacka97Dec 5, 2021 6:53 PM
Dec 5, 2021 7:00 PM

Aug 2021
cchigu said:
If the Japanese audience liked this ending then they must have a shit taste.
You watched anime made by Japanese, then that just means you have shit taste too? lmao since it's made by Japanese that has a shit taste as you said. American moment right here.
27thEiffelDec 5, 2021 7:03 PM
Dec 5, 2021 9:43 PM
Apr 2021
Alvacka97 said:
WarwarKB09 said:
Nah that's not why, it's because of all the salty pricks spamming it with 1/10 ratings every month.
And even then, they've been struggling to get it below 8.58 for over 5 months, the poor things...
The ending did drop the rating of the manga way too low thats a fact plus the toxicity of the fandom didn't help, assuming that half of the fandom didn't like the ending because eren didn't fuck historia or whatever IS the same as Poeple giving it 1 and still circlejerking it till now both are pathetic
Dec 5, 2021 9:58 PM
Jun 2019
many people say the ending is stoopid and i sort off agree with that, since when i reading the ending i was like wait is it all? its not that satisfying as one of the best manga ever made (until the ending) and this manga is already made since last decade many people already invest their hearth on the manga since last decade but they didn't get the satisfying ending they want
Dec 6, 2021 1:34 AM

Jan 2016
WarwarKB09 said:
Alvacka97 said:
The ending did drop the rating of the manga way too low thats a fact plus the toxicity of the fandom didn't help, assuming that half of the fandom didn't like the ending because eren didn't fuck historia or whatever IS the same as Poeple giving it 1 and still circlejerking it till now both are pathetic
8.58 is not "way too low", it's actually higher than what it was before Season 4 premiered, and part of the Top 100.
And believe me, if half of the fandom had indeed hated it, the rating would've gotten much, much lower, to 8.20 or worse.
Alvacka97Dec 6, 2021 1:38 AM
Dec 6, 2021 3:12 AM

Feb 2020
They hate it because Eren didn't rumble 100% of the planet, survive and go have a family with Historia that's really it. I'm a not saying the ending is flawless and perfect because it's not but people hating on it are just mad that they didn't get the ending they wanted. The ending was good for the most part and I definitely prefer the ending we got rather than the ending the Yaegerists wanted.
Dec 6, 2021 4:28 AM
Apr 2021
Alvacka97 said:
WarwarKB09 said:
8.58 is not "way too low", it's actually higher than what it was before Season 4 premiered, and part of the Top 100.
And believe me, if half of the fandom had indeed hated it, the rating would've gotten much, much lower, to 8.20 or worse.
For a manga that had potentiel to be the greatest of all Time 8.58 IS low and If a manga has been consistant in a certain ranking it very hard to get down or UP just look AT the top 10, they didn't change in more than a year if i am correct , the 50/50 thing IS something i've notices myslef the fandom IS devided between two sides ones that think the ending IS the best ever and insults everyone who disagrees with them, and the other half IS Poeple who hate the ending but still cant get over it and still circlejerking it, for my part i've moved on, aot was a part of my life for Many years but the ending disapointed me , i just Come Out of curiosity to see how are things going the last Time i checker was 3 months ago and nothing changes so yeah i've given UP any Hope
Dec 6, 2021 5:14 AM

Jan 2020
ending was actually pretty good lol
it is just that people are not ready to accept what happened in the ending

'main character lost '
'ending is trash'
people are using this type of logic
i am not surprised why people hate the ending
[font="\"lucida grande\", tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"]                                                     [/font]
Dec 6, 2021 5:16 AM

Jan 2020
Lpopo4lyfe said:
In general the criteria and values for writing and relations between the readers and writers seem to be very different in Japan. I’ve seen them criticize many works that western communities have found to be gems while them being more receptive to writings that we consider to be almost abhorrent, rly.

In this case, I think it’s that the fandom is simply more appreciative of Isayama over there, rather than “we understand the series better than western audiences”.

Personally I think SOME western readers have valid complaints about the ending and I don’t think Isayama thinks to himself he handled some things perfectly, given some of his recent interviews, as well as inconsistencies in statements he had said before.

But western fans tend to think they’re more entitled, not to mention more ship crazy.

Me personally, I really disliked the ending because of the poor execution of its ideas, the ideas weren’t bad in itself.

exactly
execution was the problem
but sad to see some people blindly hating it
without even understanding anything
[font="\"lucida grande\", tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif"]                                                     [/font]
Dec 6, 2021 5:23 AM
Jul 2018
Just proves that Japanese people have bad taste.
Dec 6, 2021 6:55 AM
Aug 2021
Vexem said:
or maybe the vice versa of iy
Dec 6, 2021 6:55 AM
Aug 2021
Vexem said:
or maybe the vice versa of it
Dec 6, 2021 11:00 AM
Jul 2019
Elvy said:
Yea pretty sure Japan like despised the best JoJo part (Stone Ocean, not biased I swear) so we can't really take their word on the ending.

Last AOT arc was rushed but I liked the ending personally, even though I've seen a lot of the nihilist eren fanboys get mad I still think there is valid criticism over a lot of the last arc.
really they hated the jojo part 6? and why?
Dec 6, 2021 11:16 AM

Oct 2020
WarwarKB09 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

The ranking is going down because dumb people don't understand the ending. :)
Dec 6, 2021 11:28 AM

Jun 2020
Mainly cause it was poorly written and rushed.

I don't know?

Still stand by the fact the everything up to Shiganshina Arc is great and then as soon as we get to Marley it starts to suck.

Even If We Painstakingly Piece Together Something Lost, It Doesn't Mean Things Will Ever go Back To How They Were - Guts

Dec 6, 2021 10:36 PM

Dec 2014
GalacticSamurai said:
Elvy said:

really they hated the jojo part 6? and why?

Yea it consistently ranked at the bottom of Jumps rankings throughout it's run. Plus I'm pretty sure it sold really poorly.
Dec 6, 2021 10:50 PM

Jan 2020
WarwarKB09 said:
I_Am_Freeballing said:

Stop caring about MAL rankings please, they don't really matter lol.
*generic image of favorite characters with a sappy quote or "aesthetics"*

Mecha Anime/Manga/VN Tier List

Anime/Manga/VN Tier List
Dec 28, 2021 11:22 PM
Feb 2021
Because retarded Erehisu shipper didn't get their perfect and beautiful ending of Eren returning back to side characters Historia to spend happy life with daughter Yimir after Massacring all of his friends and family(Mikasa). They wanted the scenery of Chad Eren Banging Historia exterminating the whole world but what they got is Isayama favourite Whinny Eren crying for his last family. Also, people mustn't care about the rigged MAL rating, this rating system is more tampered than in Election of top position. Moreover, Westerner opinion doesn't matter but still it is well received in Western, it's just minority haters are being louder vocalist.
Dec 29, 2021 7:41 AM

Apr 2013
Abysmal_Saint76 said:
Because retarded Erehisu shipper didn't get their perfect and beautiful ending of Eren returning back to side characters Historia to spend happy life with daughter Yimir after Massacring all of his friends and family(Mikasa). They wanted the scenery of Chad Eren Banging Historia exterminating the whole world but what they got is Isayama favourite Whinny Eren crying for his last family. Also, people mustn't care about the rigged MAL rating, this rating system is more tampered than in Election of top position. Moreover, Westerner opinion doesn't matter but still it is well received in Western, it's just minority haters are being louder vocalist.

>refuses to acknowledge valid criticism
>"western opinion doesn't matter" (laughable)
>brings up the same tired loud minority point
>complains about rigged ratings
>hands out 10s like hotcakes

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Yesterday, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.