Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 29, 2021 4:56 AM
May 2021
i was considering reading the light novel for Tensura but got to know that the Web novel has already been concluded and all of it is translated as well.
Is the content of the Light Novel different from Web Novel or are they same.
i request th eln and wn readers if they can confirm.
Nov 29, 2021 5:47 AM
May 2021
Ok
Noname_Eyepatch said:
If you want to know the end of story then you should go for web novel. It has already ended and even has extra chapters after the ending. But If you want to divulge into the quality of the story then go for light novel. The story of web novel is completely different from the current ongoing light novel.I think the only favour web novel is over light novel is that you might not end up getting spoiled about the upcoming seasons/movies because the anime and manga strictly follows light novel.
ok
I do prefer the quality so I will go for the ln

Seems I will be oblivious of the end of the ln for quite a while
Nov 29, 2021 5:53 AM

Sep 2018
Considering the fact that light novel is gonna have a different ending, I’d say you should read the LN (especially since the WN is not canon)
Nov 29, 2021 6:16 AM
Jul 2021
Deane said:
Considering the fact that light novel is gonna have a different ending, I’d say you should read the LN (especially since the WN is not canon)

So approx. how many volumes are left before the LN ends and where to start after the anime s2 p2 ended?
Nov 29, 2021 6:26 AM

Sep 2018
TempestBlaze64 said:
Deane said:

So approx. how many volumes are left before the LN ends and where to start after the anime s2 p2 ended?

Start at volume 7 after s2 p2.
The LN is probably going to end in 2 or 3 volumes, but it depends on how things play out.
Nov 29, 2021 6:31 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I'd recommend you jumping to the LN since it's the complete version and there won't be any changes. The author usually takes the webnovel and changes a lot when it's time to put it on print.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Nov 29, 2021 6:35 AM
Jul 2021
Noname_Eyepatch said:
TempestBlaze64 said:

Eighteen volumes have been published so far and nineteenth will come out probably tomorrow ,I think only three volumes will remain after that leaving extra stories aside and season two part two covers the story up to volumes six of light novel

Thanks a lot for the information!! It was very helpful.
Nov 29, 2021 6:12 PM
May 2021
Noname_Eyepatch said:
TempestBlaze64 said:

Eighteen volumes have been published so far and nineteenth will come out probably tomorrow ,I think only three volumes will remain after that leaving extra stories aside and season two part two covers the story up to volumes six of light novel
can you tell if it's worth reading from volume 1 (if a lot of story is skipped or not?) Or should I go to vol 7 directly?
Nov 29, 2021 6:42 PM
May 2021
Ok, thanks I have read the manga so I will start from vol 7
Jan 5, 2022 6:46 PM
Sep 2018
Hmmm.. a lot of people would prefer LN but I prefer WN. Although LN is more detailed, they changed quite a lot of the WN which I didn’t like. Rimuru’s character in LN is a wimp, and the way he treats Veldora and Diablo is disappointing. There’s to many unnecessary explanation in LN. so my question is, is the Webnovel author different from LN author?
Jan 6, 2022 9:28 AM

Nov 2020
taleihfj said:
Hmmm.. a lot of people would prefer LN but I prefer WN. Although LN is more detailed, they changed quite a lot of the WN which I didn’t like. Rimuru’s character in LN is a wimp, and the way he treats Veldora and Diablo is disappointing. There’s to many unnecessary explanation in LN. so my question is, is the Webnovel author different from LN author?

The author is the same, Fuse, but the LN has editors who help Fuse in how much content can write in each volume.

Generally, the narrative is better in LN. All actions in LN arcs makes sense for the story to continue. Instead of WN where you have cases like ´´this happened by plot convenience or i have a character/power coming from nowhere to appear in story´´ The worldbuilding gets better in LN, characters are better used (contrary in WN where come characters do something then disspaear completely or just reappear in the last arcs) and the new characters contribute to the story arcs. Every meeting/ politics/ perspective has a reason to be in LN Tensura.
Jan 6, 2022 12:26 PM
Sep 2018
I understand all that.. some explanation are redundant because they have been explained earlier on. LN is great in further elaborating on incidents that happened but my disappointment is with how the MC is treating Veldora and Diablo like they are disposables just because he could bringing them back to life. Like his afraid of all the female characters instead of standing his ground where as in WN his more protective of those two characters and isn’t wimp in front of the females… well at least that’s my prospective. But I also understand that this is just the way the Author wants the story to be. The story as a whole I like. Oh and just to clarify šŸ˜… my favorite characters are Diablo and Veldora.. it’s never a dull moment with them.. hence my complaint.. hehehe

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
3 hours ago

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2019

202 by BlueQuartzFibre »»
Apr 3, 8:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.