Forum Settings
Forums

'Kitarou Tanjou: Gegege no Nazo' Movie Announces Main Staff Members

New
Nov 28, 2021 1:54 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The Gegege-ki 2021 special screening event revealed the main staff and a second teaser visual (pictured) for the Kitarou Tanjou: Gegege no Nazo anime movie on Sunday.

Staff
Director: Gou Koga (Gegege no Kitarou: Nippon Bakuretsu)
Screenplay: Hiroyuki Yoshino (World Trigger)
Character Design: Touko Yatabe (Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time assistant director)
Studio: Toei Animation

Kitarou Tanjou: Gegege no Nazo is based on the sixth installment of the anime series adapting Shigeru Mizuki's supernatural comedy manga. The movie is one of four projects commemorating Mizuki's 100th year birthday anniversary.

Mizuki originally began the manga under the title Hakaba Kitaro (Graveyard Kitaro) and published 15 volumes between 1959 and 1964. Weekly Shounen Jump resumed serializing the manga as GeGeGe no Kitarou in 1965 and ended it in 1986 with 17 volumes.

Toei Animation produced multiple television anime adaptations and anime movies over the years. The sixth and latest installment in the franchise aired in Spring 2018 for 97 episodes.

Source: Cinema Cafe
DatRandomDudeNov 28, 2021 1:55 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 28, 2021 2:05 PM

Feb 2020
Poster looks cool. I wonder whether I can watch it without watching all the previous things
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Nov 28, 2021 3:29 PM

Apr 2012
How good is the reboot? I like the classic shonens, but the character designs look too childish ...
Nov 28, 2021 5:03 PM
Mar 2021
RobertBobert said:
How good is the reboot? I like the classic shonens, but the character designs look too childish ...
Its a very episodic show but even outside of its episodic nature its not exactly a battle shounen if thats what you are looking for.
Nov 28, 2021 5:14 PM

Sep 2013
RobertBobert said:

It's good, it has that horror feel while being modern but also has battle shounen thrown in.
Digimon ghost game is the same way.
Nov 28, 2021 5:54 PM

Feb 2016
RobertBobert said:

I think it's amazing, but I understand your hesitance. GeGeGe-the anime especially-was made for casuals. Hakaba Kitaro is more faithful to its source material, which is apparently seinen.
その目だれの目?
Nov 29, 2021 3:32 AM

Apr 2012
Lucifrost said:
RobertBobert said:

I think it's amazing, but I understand your hesitance. GeGeGe-the anime especially-was made for casuals. Hakaba Kitaro is more faithful to its source material, which is apparently seinen.

Is this version actually more childish than the original adaptation?

ichii_1 said:
RobertBobert said:

It's good, it has that horror feel while being modern but also has battle shounen thrown in.
Digimon ghost game is the same way.

CheckingOut said:
RobertBobert said:
Its a very episodic show but even outside of its episodic nature its not exactly a battle shounen if thats what you are looking for.

For some reason it seems to me that this is Detective Conan about ghosts.
Nov 29, 2021 7:22 AM

Feb 2016
RobertBobert said:
Is this version actually more childish than the original adaptation?

I have no clue, because only the latest version has an English translation. Some say the 80s anime is the most childish.
その目だれの目?

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 12 hours ago

20 by NoktoH »»
1 hour ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.