Forum Settings
Forums

'Shin Ikkitousen' Announces Lead Cast for Spring 2022 Airing

New
Nov 22, 2021 1:39 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Shin Ikkitousen (New Battle Vixens) television anime revealed the lead cast pair and a teaser visual on Monday (pictured). The anime series adapting Yuji Shiozaki's sequel manga will air on AT-X in Spring 2022.

Voice actresses Ayaka Ohashi (The God of High School, BanG Dream!) and Atsumi Tanezaki (Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song, Grisaia: Phantom Trigger The Animation) are starring as Chuubou Sonken and Asaemon Yamada, respectively.

Yuji began the original Ikkitousen (Battle Vixens) manga in Monthly Comic Gum in April 2000 before switching to its web version in May 2015 due to the magazine ceasing publication. The manga ended with 24 volumes in August that year.

Young King OURs began serializing the Shin Ikkitousen sequel manga in November 2015. Shounen Gahousha published the fourth and latest volume last March.

J.C.Staff adapted the original manga into a 13-episode television anime in Summer 2003. Arms produced the second and third seasons in Winter 2007 and Summer 2008.

TNK co-produced the fourth season with Arms in Spring 2010. Kadokawa released three OVAs through its Media Factory label between November 2011 and December 2014.

The latest anime installment in the franchise, Ikkitousen: Western Wolves, ran for three episodes in January and February 2019.

Source: Comic Natalie
VindstotNov 22, 2021 8:10 PM

Nov 22, 2021 1:50 AM

Apr 2012
Vivy and Saaya as leads to action ecchi? An interesting choice.
Nov 22, 2021 2:27 AM
Jan 2020
WE GETTING UNCENSORED TIDDIES!!
Nov 22, 2021 2:35 AM

Oct 2010
don't know anything about the sequel but looking at the main characters, it's safe to say that the show will not have Hakufu and her merry lesbian gang.
Still excited for this.
Nov 22, 2021 3:20 AM

Apr 2012
Catalano said:
don't know anything about the sequel but looking at the main characters, it's safe to say that the show will not have Hakufu and her merry lesbian gang.
Still excited for this.

This is a direct sequel to the original manga, which appeared due to the author's move to another magazine. So, jokes are jokes, but this is almost the same as what you saw there.
Nov 22, 2021 3:51 AM

Oct 2021
Should I watch Ikkitousen if I plan to watch this one?
Nov 22, 2021 4:21 AM

Apr 2012
Badonkers said:

Yes, this is a direct sequel to the original story. You can even say that this is one story, just the author took a break due to moving to another magazine.
Nov 22, 2021 6:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
2022 is the year of footy, ecchi, returning series and popular anime films....I love it
Nov 22, 2021 6:47 AM

Oct 2010
RobertBobert said:
Badonkers said:

Yes, this is a direct sequel to the original story. You can even say that this is one story, just the author took a break due to moving to another magazine.

but there's a huge gap between western wolves and shin and the anime adaptations are trash, they didn't follow the plot. people should read the manga first and then go watch the anime seasons.
Nov 22, 2021 6:59 AM

Apr 2012
Catalano said:
RobertBobert said:

but there's a huge gap between western wolves and shin and the anime adaptations are trash, they didn't follow the plot. people should read the manga first and then go watch the anime seasons.

I don't sure if person is interested in reading manga and not only watching anime.
Nov 22, 2021 8:24 AM

Oct 2017
Nice KV, the silver hair girl looks pretty.
Nov 22, 2021 3:34 PM

Aug 2009
Thanks MAL for keeping me interested about being on your website.

Badonkers said:

If you want to see a "too long; didn't watch" 20 minute version of the series filtered though various memes and references, watch Ikkitousen Hell 3.

Video essays aren't my style, but growing the fanbase is.

Nov 22, 2021 4:45 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
hopefully this revives the drought of female fighting anime, although Ikkitousen has alot of dudes lol

inb4....
Nov 23, 2021 7:30 AM

Apr 2012
FacelessVixen said:

Badonkers said:

If you want to see a "too long; didn't watch" 20 minute version of the series filtered though various memes and references, watch Ikkitousen Hell 3.

In my experience, getting to know any show through someone else's retelling is one of the worst ways. For example, two-thirds of my salt from Arcane was based on distorted descriptions of the show's plot by people on Twitter.

EcchiGodMamster said:
hopefully this revives the drought of female fighting anime, although Ikkitousen has alot of dudes lol

inb4....

If 2-3 men for the entire all-female cast prevents you from considering the show as female fighting, then it is unlikely that anything can satisfy at all.
Nov 23, 2021 9:56 AM

Aug 2009
@RobertBobert: Stop trying to ruin my hustle.

Nov 23, 2021 10:06 AM

Apr 2012
FacelessVixen said:
@RobertBobert: Stop trying to ruin my hustle.

If you want to show a person a funny AMV, then you don't have to say that they can watch it instead of all the previous seasons of the franchise.
Nov 24, 2021 11:19 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
RobertBobert said:
FacelessVixen said:

In my experience, getting to know any show through someone else's retelling is one of the worst ways. For example, two-thirds of my salt from Arcane was based on distorted descriptions of the show's plot by people on Twitter.

EcchiGodMamster said:

inb4....

If 2-3 men for the entire all-female cast prevents you from considering the show as female fighting, then it is unlikely that anything can satisfy at all.

I wish it was only 2-3 men, but I count random characters as well
Dec 6, 2021 6:53 PM

Feb 2013
It's a tad concerning that we still don't seem to have a studio locked down for this. I'm still presuming it's going to be TNK but the fact it hasn't been announced yet makes me wonder if there's some kind of contractual dispute going on.
Jan 13, 2022 4:22 PM
Sep 2019
FacelessVixen said:

Badonkers said:

I'm here to keep track of a lotta anime. I adore Ikki Tousen I'm here ready and excited for whatever releases next. I'm probably just as ready for Shin Ikki Tousen as I was for Western Wolves. Also hello Faceless fancy running into you here.

More topics from this board

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - 45 minutes ago

1 by wallus81 »»
31 minutes ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

25 by infanf »»
2 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

16 by JackAward »»
4 hours ago

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Apr 14, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.