Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Yuusha, Yamemasu' Gets TV Anime in Spring 2022

New
Oct 19, 2021 8:04 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kadokawa opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Quantum's Yuusha, Yamemasu: Tsugi no Shokuba wa Maoujou (I'm Quitting Heroing: My Next Gig is at the Demon Queen's Castle) light novel on Wednesday, revealing the main staff, cast, a teaser visual (pictured), and first promo. The anime series is scheduled for an April 2022 airing.

Staff
Chief Director: Yuu Nobuta (High School Fleet Movie)
Director: Hisashi Ishii (Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear)
Series Composition: Shigeru Murakoshi (Zombieland Saga)
Character Design: Yuki Nakano (Boku no Tonari ni Ankoku Hakaishin ga Imasu.)
Studio: EMT Squared

Cast
Leo Demonheart: Kensho Ono (Back Arrow)
Echidna: Kaede Hondo (Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita)
Steina: Shizuka Itou (Heavy Object)
Lili: Hitomi Oowada (Hanebado!)
Melnes: Yumi Uchiyama (Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru)
Edwald: Tetsu Inada (Dorohedoro)

Synopsis
After saving the world, the strongest hero Leo became someone who is not wanted in the peaceful human world. He was too strong. Exiled, he seeks a job at the Demon King's Army, which he had defeated and needs to be rebuilt.

The Army had many problems: too much work, financial troubles, etc. Leo starts to make things better using his power. Leo encounters Echidna again, and asks her why she invaded the human world. There was an unexpected story...! (Source: Kadokawa)

Quantum launced the comedy fantasy novel on the Kakuyomu website in January 2017. Kadokawa began printing the series with illustrations by Hana Amano in December that year. The third volume shipped in October 2018. The company began simupublishing the light novel in English on the Book☆Walker Global online eBook store on July 30.

Nori Kazato began drawing a manga adaptation on the Young Ace UP website in May 2018. Kadokawa released the fifth volume on May 10.

PV 1

Official site: https://yuuyame.com/
Official Twitter: @yuuyame_anime

Source: Moca News

Yuusha, Yamemasu on MAL
VindstotOct 20, 2021 5:32 PM

Oct 19, 2021 8:13 PM

Sep 2020
Look like another Trash is getting anime adaptation.
Oct 19, 2021 9:02 PM
Jul 2018
ZXEAN said:
Look like another Trash is getting anime adaptation.

Exactly. Another run of the mill generic Isekai. Great, hopefully they die soon...
Oct 19, 2021 9:21 PM

Mar 2020
Yep another my type of anime gonna watch it too and they are not going anywhere as usual no matter what fir a long time
That being said there are better isekais to choose
Oct 19, 2021 9:23 PM
Dec 2017
oh look another neetaku isekai nothing new here.

Oct 19, 2021 9:28 PM

May 2021
Yay, so happy another random generic fantasy LN is getting an adaptation exclamation mark exclamation mark exclamation mark
Oct 19, 2021 9:44 PM

Mar 2020
Now i took a second look can we even call this an isekai? permise gave me vibe this a generic traditional fantasy setting in medieval world rather than isekai which never gonna die lmao just never (its the ultimate most popular fantasy setting) even if isekai did

That being said this thing looks cheap copy of this

https://myanimelist.net/anime/14833/Maoyuu_Maou_Yuusha

> Hero meets Demon Girl thing specially

Seriously starting to think Light novels run out of idea totally like in any kind of genre Action Slow Life Otome Revenge or even normal Rom Com there is legit lack of creativity i mean sure everyone takes inspiration from one and another all the time and put their own twist on it but nowdays more or less everything feels carbon copy which is i am not fan off
rant end
AnimeFA78NOct 19, 2021 9:48 PM
Oct 19, 2021 9:49 PM

Dec 2018
I love the infinite creativity that Japanese authors have for his stories, both in terms of setting and character design.

Oct 19, 2021 10:40 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Yay, so happy another random generic fantasy LN is getting an adaptation exclamation mark exclamation mark exclamation mark (2)
Oct 20, 2021 1:04 AM

May 2020
Read the manga of this for a bit a few months ago. It was surprisingly okay. At least it's not an isekai 😎
Don't mind me,
just passing by...
Oct 20, 2021 1:05 AM

Feb 2019
More edgy junk, then. Pass.

The worst part by far is that if you handed the concept to an actually skilled author then there's an actually decent theme or two you could wring from it, but clearly that's not going to happen here.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Oct 20, 2021 2:07 AM
Oct 2021
Technically, YuYa is an isekai...

The anime PV is quite good in the subtle details
Oct 20, 2021 3:40 AM

Jul 2016
Another harem Isekai... Pass.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Oct 20, 2021 3:43 AM
Jul 2017
I liked tha manga. I think it will a generic and good anime that of course I will watch
Oct 20, 2021 3:47 AM

Aug 2019
honestly I don’t even like isekai but I hope more of these types of stories get animated so I can see more people getting their panties in a twist in these threads
Oct 20, 2021 4:10 AM

Apr 2012
The plot looks interesting, but the fact that it will be an adaptation of another generic fantasy LN is somewhat disturbing.

Fede_5000 said:
I love the infinite creativity that Japanese authors have for his stories, both in terms of setting and character design.

I am very aware of the "same shit" meme, but it looks like the author of this picture did not even try to match similar characters, lol.
Oct 20, 2021 4:34 AM
Feb 2017
alriiiiight!!! had a good time reading the manga, so definitely will be on my watch list. the characters are fun and the plot got some serious tone it. i hope they don't butcher it too much
Oct 20, 2021 4:42 AM

Oct 2017
Seems like a fun fantasy anime.
Oct 20, 2021 5:22 AM

Mar 2020
snowykevin said:
honestly I don’t even like isekai but I hope more of these types of stories get animated so I can see more people getting their panties in a twist in these threads

You do not even need to hope as much as i understand peoples problem with isekai and even sometimes get annoyed by their hate it as well as myself sometimes show annoynence i know for a fact Japanese authors do not give two fs about mal rather they care about their own audience and as of isekai and medevial fantasy in general is super popular concept there and its not going anytime soon.

There will be some changes like gender bender more female mc more creature looking more revenge stories more slice of life etc etc but the core theme of having fun adventure in some medieval world anime are gonna always stay with us and so with mal rant threads about them
AnimeFA78NOct 20, 2021 5:36 AM
Oct 20, 2021 6:03 AM
Jul 2014
RobertBobert said:
The plot looks interesting, but the fact that it will be an adaptation of another generic fantasy LN is somewhat disturbing.

Fede_5000 said:

I am very aware of the "same shit" meme, but it looks like the author of this picture did not even try to match similar characters, lol.

What, you want every character to look like Goku?
Oct 20, 2021 6:08 AM

Apr 2012
Unleashed_SM said:
RobertBobert said:

Goku? What does this have to do with him?
Oct 20, 2021 6:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This premise is so freaking wild LMAO I can't wait
Oct 20, 2021 12:51 PM

Oct 2015
Fede_5000 said:

They're self-inserts for Japanese otakus. They're not gonna look especially different.
Oct 20, 2021 1:37 PM

Feb 2019
It is as if they always hire the same loser writer who is obsessed with writing stories about role-playing games and video games.
Oct 20, 2021 4:02 PM
Jul 2014
RobertBobert said:
Unleashed_SM said:

Goku? What does this have to do with him?

Honestly, I don't know, I had just woken up at that time. That's the first thing I thought of.
Oct 20, 2021 4:23 PM

Mar 2015
i read the manga, the premise is actually interesting, too bad the execution was feel like subpar version of maoyuu maou yuusha for me.

here is the more complete plot summary to decide if you want to watch itor not:
MC was artificial technology made human hero created by experimental scientist solely for protecting humanity for thousands of years. demon army is invader force from another world looking for philosopher's stone that exist in human world due demon world depleted resource. MC defeating whole demon army single handedly pushed them back to around portal gate from demon world granting humanity side victory. however humanity keep suspicious of him so they exiled him and humanity fragmented and plunge into civil war again and again after hero save their ass multiple times just like in the past way before demon army.

tired of same outcome every time, hero decide the best way to save humanity is for him become the enemy of humanity thus uniting humanity. at the same time he also helping demon army get their philosopher's stone and made them back to demon world giving them what they want. however when he reach to help demon army, turn out demon army are more dysfunctional than he actually think! thus MC hijinks to fix demon army start!

so no, it's not your generic isekai. i wouldn't say it's good, but "generic isekai" is not a correct criticism @DamonElix @AnimeFA78N @Crow_Black @DooMWhite @snowykevin . it also NOT RPG themed series either. there are no leveling or skill and shit @RayReynolds . it's more of your traditional fantasy with some twist. again as i noted, closer like maoyuu maou yuusha than say mushoku tensei or shield hero.
KumaOct 20, 2021 4:39 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 20, 2021 8:16 PM

Feb 2019
@Kuma uh... it's still the same context as any fantasy series, but now you have the premise that lelouch's idea of peace way is right? trash
Oct 20, 2021 8:58 PM

Mar 2015
RayReynolds said:
@Kuma uh... it's still the same context as any fantasy series, but now you have the premise that lelouch's idea of peace way is right? trash
if you generalize that hard, then pretty much yeah. but still not RPG fantasy as you prejudiced.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 21, 2021 2:34 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
AnimeFA78N said:
Now i took a second look can we even call this an isekai? permise gave me vibe this a generic traditional fantasy setting in medieval world rather than isekai which never gonna die lmao just never (its the ultimate most popular fantasy setting) even if isekai did

That being said this thing looks cheap copy of this

https://myanimelist.net/anime/14833/Maoyuu_Maou_Yuusha

> Hero meets Demon Girl thing specially

Seriously starting to think Light novels run out of idea totally like in any kind of genre Action Slow Life Otome Revenge or even normal Rom Com there is legit lack of creativity i mean sure everyone takes inspiration from one and another all the time and put their own twist on it but nowdays more or less everything feels carbon copy which is i am not fan off
rant end
Cheap copy of the cheap Spice and Wolf copy? Great :)
Oct 21, 2021 3:16 PM

Jul 2016
Kuma said:
i read the manga, the premise is actually interesting, too bad the execution was feel like subpar version of maoyuu maou yuusha for me.

MC was artificial technology made human hero created by experimental scientist solely for protecting humanity for thousands of years. demon army is invader force from another world looking for philosopher's stone that exist in human world due demon world depleted resource. MC defeating whole demon army single handedly pushed them back to around portal gate from demon world granting humanity side victory. however humanity keep suspicious of him so they exiled him and humanity fragmented and plunge into civil war again and again after hero save their ass multiple times just like in the past way before demon army.

tired of same outcome every time, hero decide the best way to save humanity is for him become the enemy of humanity thus uniting humanity. at the same time he also helping demon army get their philosopher's stone and made them back to demon world giving them what they want. however when he reach to help demon army, turn out demon army are more dysfunctional than he actually think! thus MC hijinks to fix demon army start!

so no, it's not your generic isekai. i wouldn't say it's good, but "generic isekai" is not a correct criticism @DamonElix @AnimeFA78N @Crow_Black @DooMWhite @snowykevin . it also NOT RPG themed series either. there are no leveling or skill and shit @RayReynolds . it's more of your traditional fantasy with some twist. again as i noted, closer like maoyuu maou yuusha than say mushoku tensei or shield hero.

The thing is, I'm not criticizing it, I just won't watch/read it cuz it's a harem work, I have philosophical and theological reasons for that.

In most cases, the MAL Average Scores don't mean anything, here is a question: were the works made before 2000 all shit?
Why are they so damn scarce in the Top 50? Think about how MAL is quite literally a filtered amount of the Anime fanbase.

Here's a timeline of the Top 15 in which you can check that, almost always, the scores are affected by the freshness, popularity and other factors that have nothing to do with quality.

Oct 21, 2021 4:30 PM

Mar 2015
DooMWhite said:
Kuma said:

The thing is, I'm not criticizing it, I just won't watch/read it cuz it's a harem work, I have philosophical and theological reasons for that.
as far as i read, there is no romance in it, let alone harem. it's solely focusing on MC fixing issue in demon army, from lack of recruitment, personality issue in upper general (from suicidal "pride and honor" general to very socially inept infiltrator), poor logistical and communication line, even disorganized administration. of course there are some usual "it's not like i need your help or anything" type of character, but the series has surprisingly low amount of any romantical subplot, let alone harem.
Oct 21, 2021 4:37 PM

Jul 2016
Kuma said:
DooMWhite said:

as far as i read, there is no romance in it, let alone harem. it's solely focusing on MC fixing issue in demon army, from lack of recruitment, personality issue in upper general (from suicidal "pride and honor" general to very socially inept infiltrator), poor logistical and communication line, even disorganized administration. of course there are some usual "it's not like i need your help or anything" type of character, but the series has surprisingly low amount of any romantical subplot, let alone harem.

Oh, alrite then, maybe I will check it out, it being similar to Maoyuu is a plus.

Oct 24, 2021 7:01 PM

Jul 2016
Another isekai which is good. Will watch because of synopsis which is generic but hilarious

Oct 25, 2021 2:05 PM

Jul 2019
I liked the plot of the anime, let's go!!!
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.

More topics from this board

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

15 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 1:39 AM

» 'Fruits Basket' Creator Launches New Manga

Hyperion_PS - Sep 2, 2023

20 by KeyboardBunny »»
Apr 14, 8:04 AM

» 'Kijin Gentoushou' Reveals Main Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo, Summer 2024 Premiere

DatRandomDude - Feb 22

6 by JackAward »»
Apr 13, 1:07 PM

» Voice Actress Mutsumi Tamura Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - Apr 1

15 by CrackedYolk »»
Apr 12, 10:50 PM

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/10]

Snow - Apr 5

23 by infanf »»
Apr 12, 2:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.