Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 16, 2021 2:30 AM
Mar 2018

Mikasa Ackerman is arguably one of the most overhated characters in the entire series and this is a thread which I found on twitter that attempts to fully explains her subtle character growth throughout the series. Hopefully this will make it clear to everyone who's reading that she isn't such a one-dimensional character.

Link to the original thread:
https://mobile.twitter.com/oldsouleunoia/status/1432736996129079298

Mikasa Ackerman - The Girl who saw beauty in a cruel world.

A Mega Thread - PART 1/2

Exploring her entire character arc in the manga and her subtle development throughout the story

Mikasa antis with open mind are welcome to read this thread.
Haters kindly stay away, peace.

In order to understand Mikasa's personality, we need to have a look at her childhood.

For 9 years she lived in isolation from the world due to which she had no interactions with anyone except her parents, thus leading to her introvert personality & her being socially awkward.

Young Mikasa was content with her small yet peaceful life in her home. She was happy to grow vegetables with her mom, seeing insects, play with dolls etc.

She was a girl always who thought the world is a beautiful place since she was surrounded by a comfort zone without breach.

However, her tragic fate showed her the cruelty of this world.

Mikasa saw the horrific sight of her parents being killed in front of her eyes. Her comfort zone was shattered as she witnessed cruelty in a raw form.

Thus, she became mentally fragile & cold as she lost her home.

She was about to be sold into slavery. This is where Eren Yeager appears & saves the girl from animals who were snatching her freedom.

As she was left facing cruelty with a knife in her hands, Eren reminds her how this cruel world works where only the fighters who win can live.

Mikasa kills the kidnapper after hearing the words -

"If we don't win, we die.
If we win, we live.
If we don't fight, we can't win.
Fight. Fight."

These words by Eren became the cornerstone of Mikasa's life as she lives with this pride given to her by Eren, in a cruel world.

However, the beauty of the world she saw vanished along with the warmth of home.
She was left alone in a world where she has noone to call her 'home' & thus she only felt cold.

This when Eren wrapped his scarf around her cold neck & held her hands, walking towards their home.

This scarf acted as a reminder for her that even in this cruel world, beauty still exists & she still has a home.

Eren not only became her home but also became that beauty she needed to face this harsh world.

Thus, she decided to follow Eren, just to stay by his side.

Mikasa was taken in by Yeagers who made her a part of their family, raising her with love & care.

However, she lost her new home as well when the fall of Shighanshina occurred.

Therefore, Eren was the only one left for her to call her home, leading to her overprotective nature.

Mikasa became a soldier along with Eren, with her sole motive being to protect him at all costs. She also wanted to keep her promise to Carla.

Initially, Mikasa even sidelined her duty as long as she can protect Eren, with her tremendous physical strength as a soldier.

When Eren presumably died in Trost, Mikasa decided to give up as she once again lost her home.

However, just in the last moments she was reminded that Eren taught her to fight till the end in order to win. Also she won't be able to remember Eren (beauty in her eyes) if she died.

Thus, she stood up to fight and even encouraged her comrade to fight although this only led to them being in danger as they recklessly followed her.

As Eren was revealed to be alive, her eyes lit up & she was even ready to cut down humans who wanted to kill him, to protect him.

As the story unfolded, Mikasa evolved both emotionally & socially, as a person.

She became a more responsible & reliable soldier, developing bonds with her comrades apart from Eren & Armin.

This includes the warriors such that she hesitated to kill them upon the titan reveal.

Her relation with her senior officer Levi is a good example of her growth.

Her recklessness to protect Eren led to Levi being injured. Thus she took responsibility of her actions by stopping Annie & save humanity.

Her trust on Levi's judgements was also evident in Uprising arc.

With time Mikasa's overprotective nature of Eren also reduced significantly.

She started to understand how Eren is strong enough to fight & protect himself.

She also understood his inferiority complex after her convo with him & thus motivated him to believe in his own strength.

Mikasa has always been a source of inspiration for Eren.

Mikasa has often showed her beautiful side to him, reminding that he still has a reason to fight, home.

There have been times where Mikasa reminds Eren about the cruelty of the world to motivate him to fight for survival.

Mikasa's final arc was about facing the cruelty of the world eye to eye i.e. letting her loved ones go for greater good and understanding the cruelty hiding behind the symbol of beauty i.e Eren, which she chose to overlook.

This started when she let go off Armin for humanity.

Eren decided to choose a dark path standing at the ocean & swore to kill enemies beyond the island thus separating from Mikasa.

He led an assault on Liberio, which resulted in killing innocent people.

This made Mikasa question his actions as she was confused by Eren's cruelty.

Mikasa always remembered how Eren wrapped the scarf around her.

But during her talk with Louise, she remembered the rageful & violent nature of Eren which led him to kill the kidnappers eventhough it was to save her from slavery.

Beautiful image of Eren in her mind was shaken.

EMA confrontation is the point where Eren's cruelty came to it's fore. The symbol of beauty itself became the cruelty.

Eren hurts Mikasa's pride by calling her love an ingrained behaviour as an Ackermann & calling her a slave to her blood, eventhough he lied. (confirmed by Zeke)

Mikasa is a descendant of Ackerman & Azumabito clans but her family background always remained a mystery to her.

She was left confused about her identity due to the lack of details about it.

Thus, Eren led to momentary self doubt in her mind, even if he did it to push her away.

Mikasa is a self righteous woman who chose to protect Eren because he is her home & not because of her blood.

It is important to understand that she has a great conscience & opposed his actions which she thought weren't correct.

Eren's claim of blind following was thus false.

She refused Kiyomi's offer of escape because she can't leave behind the island that birthed her.

She declined the offer of Yeagerists to rule on Paradis with them rather she joined the alliance.

Eren hurt Mikasa's pride & so she decided to not wear the scarf, symbol of beauty.

As the rumbling was about to begin & Founding Titan was appearing, Mikasa finally understands Eren.

The cruelty witnessed by her from him recently doesn't imply he has changed.

She admits that blinded by the beauty he represented, she couldn't see the darkness he always had.

Mikasa looked at her entire life till then, thinking if somewhere she could have done something differently to stop Eren from following a dark path of mass genocide.

This is where the question Eren asked her in Liberio came to her mind.

Eren asked Mikasa, "What am I to you?"

Mikasa hesitantly answered him & they could never talk to each other again about their mutual feelings.

It is important to understand that this question is pointless to an extent as their fate was already set and their conversation being interrupted was also already destined.

However, Eren was at his emotional low at that time.

For a moment, he wanted to escape from the dark future lying ahead of him where he commits mass genocide & rather live peacefully with Mikasa.

But Eren chose this path for himself in a way & so he won't abandon his mission.

He also wanted to feel humane for a moment from the person who saw beauty in him because he is about to commit a heinous sin which only a 'devil' can do.

He left the Survey Corps very next day & kept moving forward alone on his mission, never to look back or escape.

Mikasa thinks to herself if she would have given a different answer, maybe things would have been different.

It is a big moment because Mikasa's love for Eren reached a greater level.

This is because she finally learnt how to face beauty & cruelty, simultaneously in this world.

Her love was finally not meant for an idealized version of Eren, which was a symbol of beauty to her.

Rather she accepted him as he is with both his darkness & kindness, choosing to love him anyway.

She decided to bring him back from the dark path he took & joined the alliance.

Mikasa clinged to the hope of bringing Eren back & kept the scarf with her. She was intrigued to know that Eren wanted the scarf to be thrown, indicating that he wanted to push her away & make her forget the humane side he once had as he was about to become a Devil for humanity.

From not acknowledging his rage & violent nature & being blinded by beauty, Mikasa came a long way to not only understand his duality but also love him because for her, he is just Eren.

A love so deep & pure that she was momentarily ready to share burden of his monstrous sins.

But he came a long way from being forgiven for his actions. He won't stop & will fight till the end.

"I am Strong" moment in ch 135 was huge.

From recklessly leading her comrades to fight titans in ch 6 to cope with Eren's supposed death, she protected her comrades from Eren.

The only way to end this nightmare was by killing Eren but Mikasa couldn't think of doing it due to her innocent desire of her home in SNK's cruel world.

Ch 138 shows a 'What If' scenario where Eren & Mikasa would escape from everything & fulfil their desire to live peacefully.

However, they had to make the selfish choice to abandon everything. Their island, their friends, their responsibilities, everything.

Even then Eren would have died in 4 years due to Ymir's curse. Eren was also shown to be feeling guilty after running away & living in solitude.

It is important to understand that this is only a representation of their selfish desires in a parallel scenario.

In reality, Eren is not someone who would abandon his mission & similarly Mikasa is a prideful woman who is a responsible soldier & won't abandon her comrades.

Thus, Mikasa understood that she can't stop Eren from his fate of death & thus in order to stop him, she needs to let him go for greater good & save the remnants of humanity.

Eren asked her again to throw the scarf & forget him, but Mikasa wrapped the scarf & kissed him goodbye.

This is the moment Mikasa is free from her emotional challenges as she was finally ready to face cruelty head on.

She accepted her cruel fate of losing her home but was strong enough to kill him since his genocidal measures were not forgivable.

From a Lost Girl to a Savior.

Mikasa not only saved humanity with her heroic efforts, but her love also lifted the Ymir's curse & eliminated titans from existence.

In a way, she liberated 2 slaves - Eren, who was a slave to his strive for freedom & Ymir, who was a slave to her misinterpreted concept of love.

For 2000 years, Founder Ymir waited for someone until Mikasa appeared. Why was she chosen?

Mikasa & Ymir both faced childhood trauma as their parents were killed, homes taken away & tried to be enslaved.

However, their lives turned out differently as they met different people.

Ymir unfortunately suffered from Stockholm syndrome & thus confused her toxic obsession for King Fritz as love, living in it's agony forever.

Mikasa was saved by Eren, who also gave her the warmth of home & loved her.

In a way, Mikasa represented what Ymir wanted for herself.

Mikasa was also totally free from the influence of Founding Titan as member of 2 clans while Ymir served the royalty all her life.

That's why as Mikasa let Eren go, Ymir understood the meaning of true love & realized that what she felt was simply agony born from her obsession.

Thus, Mikasa's love led to the end of this 2000 year old history of titans as she set Ymir from eternal slavery.

Mikasa as a prideful woman, sacrificed her own desires for greater good & finally understood how cruelty & beauty can simultaneously exist yet people need to let go.

The final panels depict how Mikasa continued living her life & yet remembered Eren as she wore the scarf till her death.

It is important to understand that it is irrelevant to know, whether the person next to her is Armin/random person or child next to her is adopted/biological.

The idea here is to portray that eventhough her symbol of beauty i.e. Eren is not there with her anymore in the world, there will be new people, new things and new surroundings in which she can find the beauty.

And thus, Mikasa continued to see beauty in this cruel world.

Mikasa has always been representation of central theme of the story i.e. how beauty still exists in cruel world.

I hope this thread helps people in realizing how Mikasa is a unique female main character, representing a beautiful theme like love.

Thank you for reading. Folded hands

END.

Sep 16, 2021 3:14 AM

Jan 2020
If paradis had this text wall as their protection, no titan would've breached it, lol. I wonder how many people will actually dedicate the time and read this. Hopefully a few.
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Sep 16, 2021 3:49 AM

Jul 2019
It's easy to say all this, but when reading the manga, I felt no progression for her as a character for the majority of the manga. The last arc with her involvement with Ymir was a left-field because Mikasa herself was a slave to Eren. Hence forth, Eren telling Mikasa to let him go. But her somehow saving Ymir at the last minute made sense?

I thought Eren was the character that represented freedom. Not Mikasa.

There was never a motif that pushed for LOVE as the final solution to the series. It was all about die as a race or survive with guilt.
LordSozinSep 16, 2021 3:52 AM

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Sep 16, 2021 7:23 AM
Mar 2018
LordSozin said:
It's easy to say all this, but when reading the manga, I felt no progression for her as a character for the majority of the manga. The last arc with her involvement with Ymir was a left-field because Mikasa herself was a slave to Eren. Hence forth, Eren telling Mikasa to let him go. But her somehow saving Ymir at the last minute made sense?

There was never a motif that pushed for LOVE as the final solution to the series. It was all about die as a race or survive with guilt.

Her growth was supposed to be subtle. It wasn't never meant to be flashy. One could argue that the execution wasn't the best but the idea is still there and thus I can't say that it came completely out of nowhere. Plus The Rumbling arc begins with a chapter that's narrated by Mikasa. In fact, this entire arc had far more focus on Mikasa than any other arc in a long time. Also Eren does represent the idea of freedom in many different way. Mikasa's role is more about the idea of the world being a cruel place but also beautiful and learning to accept it. I would recommend you to check out this thread that properly explains Eren's character:
https://mobile.twitter.com/cactuzzshash/status/1417554380820303886

As for love as the final solution, the only example I can think of right now is when The Owl told Grisha to find someone in the wall and love them otherwise the same history will repeat again. One could argue that The Owl was saying this to make sure Grisha's cover was safe in the walls. But considering he is saying all this on top of a literal 4th wall, the same location where Gross made his 4th wall breaking speech about cruelty, I am willing to believe that this was supposed to be directed at the audience.
Sep 17, 2021 5:08 AM
Apr 2021
Mikasa has no development but protecting Eren, Armin criticized her obsessive behaviour in 125, also Eren confronted her with her annoying nature in 112, as for Eren lying Eren wasn't lying when he told her that he hates her, because his actions didn't make any sense as it led to Paradise destruction,

she carried his decapitated head all along the way to Paradise witnessing the ruins and destruction Eren brought upon the world, nonetheless she continued to love this mass genocidal maniac, despite killing him in inconsistent and disgusting behaviour.

Mikasa is a trash character and she's indeed a slave.
Sep 17, 2021 11:24 PM
Mar 2018
JosephSaber40 said:
Mikasa has no development but protecting Eren, Armin criticized her obsessive behaviour in 125, also Eren confronted her with her annoying nature in 112, as for Eren lying Eren wasn't lying when he told her that he hates her, because his actions didn't make any sense as it led to Paradise destruction,

she carried his decapitated head all along the way to Paradise witnessing the ruins and destruction Eren brought upon the world, nonetheless she continued to love this mass genocidal maniac, despite killing him in inconsistent and disgusting behaviour.

I am guessing you didn't read any of what I wrote as it gives an explanation to what her main role was in the story.
Sep 17, 2021 11:29 PM

Sep 2020
I wish everyone had parents that loved their children as much as op loves mikasa
Sep 17, 2021 11:42 PM

Apr 2021
Nice One I have already read this. Its a really good thread.

LordSozin said:

You didn't gave attention to her character. Her character arc is subtle and nothing too much drastic. You are saying the Mikasa who only prioritized Eren in FT Arc which resulted in Levi's injury is the same Mikasa who saved Historia in Uprising Arc before Saving Eren and this is only upto uprising arc, she gets changed a lot throughout the story and you actually unironically believe she is Eren's Slave? Laughable!! And if you think her involvement n Ymir's case came outta no where read these analysis (ofc. if you care for the story as I have saw you hating on Mikasa)- https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfolk/comments/mokei4/ymirs_case_the_quest_for_love_and_her_final/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
https://twitter.com/cactuzzshash/status/1419327763153137671
https://twitter.com/cactuzzshash/status/1419330070880169989

and also the link OP provided.
MorphemeSep 17, 2021 11:47 PM

Sep 17, 2021 11:46 PM

Apr 2021
Neil1998 said:
JosephSaber40 said:

I am guessing you didn't read any of what I wrote as it gives an explanation to what her main role was in the story.
Ignore this Joseph Guy, I have already debunked his argument 2 times past few days, he is just a YB member/troll who thinks Eren is a patriot/CHAD, Eren prioritizes Historia over his friends, Mikasa is a slave and whatever Eren said in the Table Talk scene was his true feelings when even Zeke debunked it in 130 lol

Sep 18, 2021 9:44 AM

Jan 2021
Neil1998 said:
LordSozin said:

Her growth was supposed to be subtle. It wasn't never meant to be flashy. One could argue that the execution wasn't the best but the idea is still there and thus I can't say that it came completely out of nowhere. Plus The Rumbling arc begins with a chapter that's narrated by Mikasa. In fact, this entire arc had far more focus on Mikasa than any other arc in a long time. Also Eren does represent the idea of freedom in many different way. Mikasa's role is more about the idea of the world being a cruel place but also beautiful and learning to accept it. I would recommend you to check out this thread that properly explains Eren's character:

As for love as the final solution, the only example I can think of right now is when The Owl told Grisha to find someone in the wall and love them otherwise the same history will repeat again. One could argue that The Owl was saying this to make sure Grisha's cover was safe in the walls. But considering he is saying all this on top of a literal 4th wall, the same location where Gross made his 4th wall breaking speech about cruelty, I am willing to believe that this was supposed to be directed at the audience.

Yeah. That love was totally the awnser. It's not like everything was pointless and the same mistakes happened again. Paradise wasn't destroyed. Titans didn't come back. The love solved everything. Mikasa being the "chosen one" didn't completely come out of nowhere. I mean didn't you see all the parallels between her and ymir? All the foreshadowings? Oh what's that? There weren't any? What? Historia and ymir parallels? Never heard of that. Dude the series itself debunks your points.
Sep 18, 2021 10:41 AM
Mar 2018
shyn_M21 said:
Neil1998 said:

Yeah. That love was totally the awnser. It's not like everything was pointless and the same mistakes happened again. Paradise wasn't destroyed. Titans didn't come back. The love solved everything. Mikasa being the "chosen one" didn't completely come out of nowhere. I mean didn't you see all the parallels between her and ymir? All the foreshadowings? Oh what's that? There weren't any? What? Historia and ymir parallels? Never heard of that. Dude the series itself debunks your points.

If you had tried to read what was written here, you would have seen the parallels between Ymir and Mikasa.

And just because another war happened nearly a century later doesn't make everything meaningless. War and conflict is an inevitable concept that's intrinsic to human nature. Even Erwin understood this when he said to Pixis during the Uprising Arc that humans will always find a reason to fight each other untill their numbers deplete down to one or less. But that doesn't mean our efforts to solve it are meaningless. In fact, it's these efforts to solve the problem that makes their sacrifices meaningful. This is what I personally consider as the main message of Attack on Titan. War and hatred may always persist but as long as we continue to fight and strive to find a solution, all the past sacrifices wouldn't be in vain.
Sep 18, 2021 11:02 AM

Jan 2021
Neil1998 said:
shyn_M21 said:

If you had tried to read what was written here, you would have seen the parallels between Ymir and Mikasa.

Neil1998 said:
shyn_M21 said:

And just because another war happened nearly a century later doesn't make everything meaningless. War and conflict is an inevitable concept that's intrinsic to human nature. Even Erwin understood this when he said to Pixis during the Uprising Arc that humans will always find a reason to fight each other untill their numbers deplete down to one or less. But that doesn't mean our efforts to solve it are meaningless. In fact, it's these efforts to solve the problem that makes their sacrifices meaningful. This is what I personally consider as the main message of Attack on Titan. War and hatred may always persist but as long as we continue to fight and strive to find a solution, all the past sacrifices wouldn't be in vain.

Yeah i read that part. Complete nonsense. Also you ignored all the parallels between ymir and historia.

Yeah sure. That was the main message of the story. Not surpassing the father. Not having the right to freedom simply because of being born into this world. Not being looked down on and hated for just belonging to a race and held for the crimes of your ancestors. But sure. If you liked it. Oh and you said this "as long as we continue to fight and strive to find a solution, all the past sacrifices wouldn't be in vain" but who's gonna strive and find another solution? The eldians are gone...all the children and grand children who they fought to protect are dead. Annihilated from this earth. The world is free of those "eldian devils". I remember this lyric of guren no yumiya "the world as eren desires" damn eren...was this the world you desired? What a man you are...
Sep 18, 2021 11:09 AM
Mar 2018
shyn_M21 said:
Neil1998 said:

Neil1998 said:

Yeah i read that part. Complete nonsense. Also you ignored all the parallels between ymir and historia.

Yeah sure. That was the main message of the story. Not surpassing the father. Not having the right to freedom simply because of being born into this world. Not being looked down on and hated for just belonging to a race and held for the crimes of your ancestors. But sure. If you liked it. Oh and you said this "as long as we continue to fight and strive to find a solution, all the past sacrifices wouldn't be in vain" but who's gonna strive and find another solution? The eldians are gone...all the children and grand children who they fought to protect are dead. Annihilated from this earth. The world is free of those "eldian devils". I remember this lyric of guren no yumiya "the world as eren desires" damn eren...was this the world you desired? What a man you are...

I am not saying that was the only message of the series but rather the one that the final scenes seems to indicate. All of what you said just now are valid.

"Oh and you said this "as long as we continue to fight and strive to find a solution, all the past sacrifices wouldn't be in vain" but who's gonna strive and find another solution? The eldians are gone...all the children and grand children who they fought to protect are dead."

And I don't know if you notice but there seems to be a little kid still alive on that island meaning that all of the Eldians aren't dead. So I guess there are still people out there. So I think they're alive. And I didn't ignore the Historia parallels. I just don't really care about them because Historia really didn't do anything for the finale which is actually one of my personal issues with the ending.
Sep 18, 2021 11:27 AM

Jan 2021
Neil1998 said:
shyn_M21 said:

I am not saying that was the only message of the series but rather the one that the final scenes seems to indicate. All of what you said just now are valid.

"Oh and you said this "as long as we continue to fight and strive to find a solution, all the past sacrifices wouldn't be in vain" but who's gonna strive and find another solution? The eldians are gone...all the children and grand children who they fought to protect are dead."

And I don't know if you notice but there seems to be a little kid still alive on that island meaning that all of the Eldians aren't dead. So I guess there are still people out there. So I think they're alive. And I didn't ignore the Historia parallels. I just don't really care about them because Historia really didn't do anything for the finale which is actually one of my personal issues with the ending.

No they're not. All those themes are destroyed by the ending and not valid anymore. How did for example the "sins of the father" theme got concluded? And the final scenes are indicating themes and character arcs that are half assed and a retcon of what was before.

Yes there is a kid alive(at least 99 percent of them are dead and the rest are being hunted) in which means everything(the cycle of hatred, the racial hierarchy, being oppressed and devoid of freedom cause of being born into this world and belonging to a certain race,etc...) gonna repeat itself with no end in sight and all the deaths and sacrifices were and are gonna be meaningless.(i remembered what shadis shouted in the first chapter "we accomplished...NOTHING" see the forshadowing?...damn)

Yes you ignored them and don't care about them since acknowledging them means accepting historia was the real parallel to ymir which was thrown out of the window for a bs twist that came out of nowhere in the literall last chapter.
Sep 18, 2021 1:35 PM

Apr 2021
shyn_M21 said:

sure, there’re great parallels between Ymir and Historia but when it comes to the mechanics of how to end Paths and the Titans and being in the battle itself, Historia couldn’t do much besides giving more motivation for Eren to end the curse (to free the baby). Mikasa from the very start of the battle is having the conflicting thoughts of killing Eren, which is the right thing to do as Ymir chooses to end the legacy of the King Fritz despite her ''love'' for him. More here- https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfolk/comments/mokei4/ymirs_case_the_quest_for_love_and_her_final/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

shyn_M21 said:
Yeah sure. That was the main message of the story. Not surpassing the father.
Historia surpassed her father by being a good parent for her child

shyn_M21 said:
Not having the right to freedom simply because of being born into this world.
I believe you are talking about eren here, yes he had the right to freedom bc he was born in this world but that's the tragic of his character, he can never attain the freedom he desired. Read this analysis for better undersanding- https://mobile.twitter.com/cactuzzshash/status/1417554380820303886

shyn_M21 said:
Not being looked down on and hated for just belonging to a race and held for the crimes of your ancestors.

the racial hierarchy, being oppressed and devoid of freedom cause of being born into this world and belonging to a certain race,etc
that's what happened in the ending, they weren't looked down upon due to which they developed that much in the first place and no they weren't bombed bc of racial reasons/past hatred/eren's rumbling, they were bombed bc of political inconsistencies/Future Paradisians' incompetency after Armin's demise- https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1945872

shyn_M21 said:
But sure. If you liked it. Oh and you said this "as long as we continue to fight and strive to find a solution, all the past sacrifices wouldn't be in vain" but who's gonna strive and find another solution? The eldians are gone...all the children and grand children who they fought to protect are dead. Annihilated from this earth. The world is free of those "eldian devils".

Yes there is a kid alive(at least 99 percent of them are dead and the rest are being hunted)
uhhhhh no not everyone is gone, the kid in the last panel implies that there are still many of the eldians left and what gives you the idea that eldians existed only in paradis, there would have been surely many eldians outside paradis.

lol they are not hunted, greenery on the building shows a long time has passed, so they are definitely not hunted.

shyn_M21 said:
I remember this lyric of guren no yumiya "the world as eren desires" damn eren...was this the world you desired? What a man you are...
eren desired- paradis' freedom and his friends' long life and he acquired both what more do you want.

Also no themes and character arcs are half assed and there's no retcon of what was before.

can you give me example for "sins of the father"?

Sep 19, 2021 12:27 AM

Oct 2010
mikasa is great, loved her since chapter 1
Sep 19, 2021 3:39 AM
Aug 2021
Just thought of visiting MAL again and your efforts put a smile on my face. You are doing great work.

Let's Go

Also I have already read the thread on Twitter, it's a Goat thread.
Sep 19, 2021 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
I don't even think Mikasa is ONLY Eren-obsessed, even not in season 1-3.

She cares a lot about Armin too and she started to care for the other of her comrades as well.
When they chased Ymir in her titan-form, she tried to reason with her first from what I can remember.

She's definitely not the crazy yandere like a lot of people portray her, even tho she's ofc very focused on Eren.
I think some people just like to simplify characters, I dunno...
Sep 20, 2021 6:38 AM

Aug 2020
by using pretty words like this, you can make even the most irrevlevant charcter, the one just passing by on the strreet look cool and show their character progression
0__Raven__0Sep 20, 2021 6:44 AM
Sep 20, 2021 6:41 AM

Jul 2019
tldr. But I might do later on.

What I understood about her was that she was the embodiment of love or the idea of it. It's such a simple concept, as she is also a simple girl. Just to do something in the name of someone else, and it is love that is often cited as the key to the universe or whatever (idk). So her being the same thing to save literally everyone made sense lol.
Sep 20, 2021 9:53 AM

Sep 2015
The saddest part is that, you cannot really talk about Mikasa without mentioning Eren every other sentence.
How do I signature ? :]
Sep 20, 2021 11:00 AM

Oct 2020
Giving someone a sob backstory does not make them "well written." You basically just explained Mikasa's lore. I mean damn, almost every sentence Eren is mentioned somehow in someway. Which kinda illustrates the biggest problem with her character, that everything she does is revolving around Eren.

Though you never claimed her to be well written, so I'm just rambling. I never hated her character, in fact I did find her quite charming at one point in time when I adored aot. She's a simple character with simple ideals and simple themes, which can be gripping I guess. The ending was doodoo though lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2021 1:43 PM
Apr 2021
-X3RX3S- said:
Neil1998 said:

Ignore this Joseph Guy, I have already debunked his argument 2 times past few days, he is just a YB member/troll who thinks Eren is a patriot/CHAD, Eren prioritizes Historia over his friends, Mikasa is a slave and whatever Eren said in the Table Talk scene was his true feelings when even Zeke debunked it in 130 lol

@Neil1998

let's be clear and honest as long as Isayama ships Eren and Mikasa you'll defend anything he writes even after he wrote the final high cast preview of volume 34 admitting directly through Armin and Marcl's distorted face that represent the fandom reaction to his trash finale, you still continue to defend his trash writing,

those who hate the ending are the ones who make valid points they correctly predicted the destruction of Paradise month before the 8 pages release, during Zekken's initial leaks I remember quite well how EM shippers wished if those leaks are fake, no one could ever defend those leaks but when they proved to be true you came up with strange illogical points to defend it, I'm not gone argue with you anymore nor read long illogical essays about this because you are completely blind from seeing the truth because of your pathetic ship even Zekken admits that the writing is trash indeed.

away from romance and ship Erwin who wished that the next generations would find a meaning in his death has died for nothing with the destruction of Paradise, but you fail to see that.

look even at the guidebook it's full of retcons, look at his recent interviews they are all lies and pathetic statements Isayama stats that the true form of Eren is some one with no character development a useless whiny man how do you defend this garbage, a whiny man does this trash statement fits a horrific story where 80% of the world population are destroyed and killed !, no respect for human lives obviously.
Sep 23, 2021 2:56 PM
Mar 2018
JosephSaber40 said:
-X3RX3S- said:

@Neil1998

let's be clear and honest as long as Isayama ships Eren and Mikasa you'll defend anything he writes even after he wrote the final high cast preview of volume 34 admitting directly through Armin and Marcl's distorted face that represent the fandom reaction to his trash finale, you still continue to defend his trash writing,

those who hate the ending are the ones who make valid points they correctly predicted the destruction of Paradise month before the 8 pages release, during Zekken's initial leaks I remember quite well how EM shippers wished if those leaks are fake, no one could ever defend those leaks but when they proved to be true you came up with strange illogical points to defend it, I'm not gone argue with you anymore nor read long illogical essays about this because you are completely blind from seeing the truth because of your pathetic ship even Zekken admits that the writing is trash indeed.

away from romance and ship Erwin who wished that the next generations would find a meaning in his death has died for nothing with the destruction of Paradise, but you fail to see that.

look even at the guidebook it's full of retcons, look at his recent interviews they are all lies and pathetic statements Isayama stats that the true form of Eren is some one with no character development a useless whiny man how do you defend this garbage, a whiny man does this trash statement fits a horrific story where 80% of the world population are destroyed and killed !, no respect for human lives obviously.
JosephSaber40 said:
-X3RX3S- said:

@Neil1998

Are you seriously still under the impression that I like the ending because I am a EM shipper? I don't care about the shipping wars. Hell, the fact that Eren had feelings for Mikasa was one of my biggest problems with the ending to begin with. You're the one who's blinded by hatred for an ending that's nowhere near as bad as you make it up to be. I have accepted both the good and the bad parts about this ending but you're motivated by nothing but hatred. You're viewpoint is too one sided. You aren't trying to see the other side of the arguement or understand why someone else sees the story in a different way because it doesn't fit your narrative. You're the one who's chosen to ignore all of the foreshadowing in favour of the ones that fit your personal head canon.

Also Eldians are still alive. That kid in that final panel is proof that they haven't gone extinct. And your basically making most of the things or grossly exaggerating/misinterpretating what Yams said in the interviews and guidebooks to once again fit your narrative.
Sep 24, 2021 12:19 AM

Apr 2021
JosephSaber40 said:
-X3RX3S- said:

@Neil1998

Called me a EM jus bc I liked the ending? ✔✔

Thinks their dumb criticism still holds even after being debunked several times? ✔✔

Thinks talking about Zekken will validate his point? ✔✔

Thinks Paradis got bombed bc of Eren's rumbling and Past Hatred when its definitely not like that? ✔✔

Thinks the life of Erwin and Scouts were for nothing which is absolutely stupid and false? ✔✔

Thinks Eldians have perished when here's literally a boy in the last? ✔✔

Thinks Mikasa is a Slave and Eren is an incel/simp just because he released his pent emotion during a breakdown? ✔✔

Can't even defend his opinion and run away from the argument he himself started? ✔✔

Still haven't responded to my AoTNR Criticism and other debates and proceeds to call me illogical? ✔✔

Dude You are really stupid, I can't even tell you are joking or not. If you are saying all of this Unironically I feel sorry for you. Come back when you are capable enough to defend your arguments 😭😭😭

Sep 24, 2021 12:23 AM

Apr 2021
Neil1998 said:
I don't care about the shipping wars. Hell, the fact that Eren had feelings for Mikasa was one of my biggest problems with the ending to begin with.
This thread may help you why Eren liking/loving Mikasa makes sense- https://twitter.com/joyboyJS/status/1438007870704979970

I don't think Eren is suitable for a relation like Lover/Boyfriend/Husband bc he is a Monster however I like the fact that he likes Mikasa as it makes sense. That's why i think as a father, Farmer>>>>>>>>>Eren as Farmer is a good man at heart whereas Eren is a Monster Through and Through

Oct 1, 2021 12:06 PM

Apr 2018
Most cringe thread I've ever seen. Writing an entire essay on why a character is "good" when her whole character is based around one thing: "Eren"
Oct 3, 2021 12:16 AM
Aug 2021
Dragevard said:
Most cringe thread I've ever seen. Writing an entire essay on why a character is "good" when her whole character is based around one thing: "Eren"
so you literally don't want to read the thread

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ana - Aug 6, 2015

119 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 16, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

peskylemur25 - May 2, 2015

127 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 5, 8:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.