Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
5 Centimeters per Second
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 7, 2021 2:19 AM
Feb 2021
I know every person is different but when takaki wait for her for so long why she can't wait for him instead of falling with another man
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Sep 7, 2021 2:28 AM

Feb 2018
lol that's not how life works. Also they were in love when they were teens, people change with time and nobody stays the same so even if she did wait it doesn't mean they would have that same strong love for each other like before.
Plus I would argue that's the message of the movie...to let go of the past that's holding you back and move on.
Sep 7, 2021 2:37 AM
Jul 2017
That's what the story is about. Life goes and you have to move on. There's people that can't do that and are stuck in the past. That's the message of the story don't stay back, keep going with your life.
Sep 7, 2021 2:44 AM

Apr 2021
The main problem here is why couldn't she atleast talk to him when the train passed.
It's a different thing that you moved on but couldn't you atleast talk to your childhood friend
I love Monogatari Series
Sep 7, 2021 2:47 AM
Jan 2021
Doesn't matter how bad you want to stay at that place(where the both of you truly love each other), time will force you to move forward(your feelings will change). Like everyone said "life goes on".
Sep 7, 2021 2:56 AM
Jan 2021
It's not something utopian
Ofc if u don't meet / talk to someone for a long time the love just withers away . She moved on with life . Takaki never sent her a message either.
That's life
Sep 7, 2021 4:31 AM

Oct 2020
shivamrajput958 said:
I know every person is different but when takaki wait for her for so long why she can't wait for him instead of falling with another man
as the first reply said, Yes the life doesn't work like this, and life doesn't wait for anybody. A very painful truth of life is pictured in this show, yes very beautiful yet so sad. The show depicts the harsh realities of real life romance, and shows the pain of one's heart. She could've waited but not her parents nor her relatives, people would've started talking about her behind her back, so for all these reason she HAD to marry another man and take responsibility of the childrens she hoped to make with the one she loves,even when her TRUE LOVE is someone else.

I also had this question why she didn't wait for him, but I understood why. I cried a lot and actually cried a lot. Love this show how it shown all these beautiful,bitter-sweet and harsh realities of life.
Anayan_KashyapSep 7, 2021 4:37 AM
Please watch Sword Art Online Progressive, it's the peak of SAO.
Sep 7, 2021 4:39 AM

Oct 2020
aktiwkunn said:
The main problem here is why couldn't she atleast talk to him when the train passed.
It's a different thing that you moved on but couldn't you atleast talk to your childhood friend
THEY DIDN'T SEE EACH OTHER IMO. SHE WALKED AWAY, YES THEY FELT LIKE IT BUT IT'S ALREADY LATE. IT'LL BE WRONG IF THEY FALL IN LOVE AGAIN AS THE GIRL HAVE A NEW LIFE NOW AND A HUSBAND AND CHILDRENS. SO THIS WOULD BE MEANINGLESS. IT'S THE TRUE REALITY OF LIFE, SO THEY 'HAVE' TO MOVE ON
Sep 7, 2021 5:08 AM

Apr 2021
Anayan_Kashyap said:
aktiwkunn said:
THEY DIDN'T SEE EACH OTHER IMO. SHE WALKED AWAY, YES THEY FELT LIKE IT BUT IT'S ALREADY LATE. IT'LL BE WRONG IF THEY FALL IN LOVE AGAIN AS THE GIRL HAVE A NEW LIFE NOW AND A HUSBAND AND CHILDRENS. SO THIS WOULD BE MEANINGLESS. IT'S THE TRUE REALITY OF LIFE, SO THEY 'HAVE' TO MOVE ON

That might've been true in Takaki's case as he was still in love with her but I don't think Akari gave a single f about him at that point
I love Monogatari Series
Sep 7, 2021 6:05 AM

Oct 2020
aktiwkunn said:
Anayan_Kashyap said:

That might've been true in Takaki's case as he was still in love with her but I don't think Akari gave a single f about him at that point
people's mentality changes with time, she knew it is impossible for her to keep her life, her future waiting for one person, hope you understand, don't hate her as because it IS reality but there was NO turning back for her, as because she have her own life with a different person ahead, whom she already married and if she choses takaki again, she will be betraying her husband and children, and a good wife or mother cannot betray her own husband and children no matter how bad or whoever they are,, they accept them with open heart.

Hope you understand,
Sep 7, 2021 8:14 AM
Aug 2021
acho que ela deveria superar, isso sim
Sep 7, 2021 8:21 AM
Jul 2021
in chapter 2, takaki keeps writing text messages that he wants to send to her but its revealed that he never sent her a single one. conclusion, he didn't reach out and keep in contact with her. in the third chapter, we get to see a few flashbacks of akari looking at a mailbox indicating that she was still thinking of the letters they used to send each other, but she only looked back and moved on, indicating that he had never sent her another letter or messaged her in any way. it was takaki who let her go first, she was still waiting up to a certain point but then she knew she needed to move on. i think at the end of the day it was takaki's fault, i think he let his fears and insecurities get the best of him and continued to pine for someone without actually trying ... he was torturing himself and i really don't think it was akari's fault at all. hope that clears some things!
Sep 7, 2021 8:57 AM
Jul 2021
Because she know that if she wait for him she have to wait her whole life even after that she can't get him.and there are different types of people some choose to wait but some choose to just move on.and I think both choice are good.
Sep 7, 2021 9:27 AM
Dec 2020
amandont said:
in chapter 2, takaki keeps writing text messages that he wants to send to her but its revealed that he never sent her a single one. conclusion, he didn't reach out and keep in contact with her. in the third chapter, we get to see a few flashbacks of akari looking at a mailbox indicating that she was still thinking of the letters they used to send each other, but she only looked back and moved on, indicating that he had never sent her another letter or messaged her in any way. it was takaki who let her go first, she was still waiting up to a certain point but then she knew she needed to move on. i think at the end of the day it was takaki's fault, i think he let his fears and insecurities get the best of him and continued to pine for someone without actually trying ... he was torturing himself and i really don't think it was akari's fault at all. hope that clears some things!
both were at fault she also wrote letters but never sended them even takaki never sended a single message this is where there life part ways and i dont know what was the reason for not sending them though what akari did is the only write thing everyone should do but even if she have waited they might have ended up together! But moving up is not a bad option coz its ur own life and ur future ✌
Sep 7, 2021 10:07 PM
Jun 2021
Well i am all grow up now so I can say that’s life, we kinda read this romance manga or see movies hoping for a happy ending that is no realistic.. I remember telling my first bf when we broke up that if we are meant to be we will get back eventually. I really loved him truly but after time past by, we kinda look back and realized it was just a specific time in our life (good memories) and there was no point of living in the past when there is so much ahead of us. Sometimes we forget that every person have their own life and reasoning, every person is different. I really loved this movie and cried a lot when I first saw it, it really helped me to moved on 😊 so I think the answer is everybody is different in real life, we can’t expect other people do what we want, we have to make something to make it go that way so if he loved her that much he should have send the messages.
alexcaveroSep 7, 2021 10:18 PM
Sep 8, 2021 12:49 AM
Oct 2020
Because life goes on...and u have to move with ur life...you have to leave past behind, live the present and build ur future...U need to move on in Order to save ur present future and ur life and surrounding... Because living in past will give u nothing but untold pain which is not going come back to u....this is actually the concept of the story...and thats actually what our life is.
She moved on to save herself from greif and she goes on with flow her life is taking her.....
My very personal opinion *-*
Sep 8, 2021 9:15 AM
Feb 2021
aktiwkunn said:
they talk in manga but not in the movie

Sep 8, 2021 9:45 AM

Apr 2021
shivamrajput958 said:
aktiwkunn said:
they talk in manga but not in the movie

The girl didn't talk it was just his imagination I've heard
I love Monogatari Series
Sep 14, 2021 9:35 AM

Jul 2020
@shivamrajput958 basically this
Juda hoke bhi mujhme kahi tu baki h.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2021 10:11 AM
Feb 2021
StardustCursader said:
@shivamrajput958 basically this
Juda hoke bhi mujhme kahi tu baki h.
mujhko ye teri bewafai mar dalegi😂

Sep 19, 2021 5:57 PM
Oct 2020
I red the manga for 5 cm per second and at the end of the scene for takaki and akari story, akari said that she would always love takaki. So, i guess she still remembers him?
DarrylAnimeFanSep 19, 2021 6:03 PM
Nov 3, 2021 8:35 PM
Aug 2021
That's the point of the whole film. Life doesn't always work the way you want it to work. All boys do is wait, but not girls. Atleast not everyone. That's the whole point of what Makoto Shinkai is trying to tell us. We have to move on when the time is right. Long distance relationships are really hard to be in our favour.
Nov 7, 2021 3:41 AM
Dec 2019
Lionel-Logan said:
That's the point of the whole film. Life doesn't always work the way you want it to work. All boys do is wait, but not girls. Atleast not everyone. That's the whole point of what Makoto Shinkai is trying to tell us. We have to move on when the time is right. Long distance relationships are really hard to be in our favour.

That's not the case
In general men tends to move on at slower pace than woman, especially if the breakup was a cold one. Its like suddenly the most important thing in your life just suddenly vanished and you're forced to act like everything's fine and it wasn't that big deal. That's how Takaki felt all these years.
The point of the last scene is to wake up Takaki that the one he thinks important already find a new beginning, and its no longer worth it to keep lingering to the past. She already saw him as a good ol' memories, not his other half anymore, and Takaki should do the same too. Life isn't fair, and you have to deal with it. It's nobody's fault, its just the way universe keep itself together.
Nov 7, 2021 4:13 AM
Aug 2021
_MadeInHeaven_ said:
Lionel-Logan said:

That's not the case
In general men tends to move on at slower pace than woman, especially if the breakup was a cold one. Its like suddenly the most important thing in your life just suddenly vanished and you're forced to act like everything's fine and it wasn't that big deal. That's how Takaki felt all these years.
The point of the last scene is to wake up Takaki that the one he thinks important already find a new beginning, and its no longer worth it to keep lingering to the past. She already saw him as a good ol' memories, not his other half anymore, and Takaki should do the same too. Life isn't fair, and you have to deal with it. It's nobody's fault, its just the way universe keep itself together.
_MadeInHeaven_ said:
Lionel-Logan said:

That's not the case

I agree bro. I totally agree. It's just that similar thing has happened to me. And then after watching this film, it just made sense.
Nov 14, 2021 10:44 PM
Dec 2017
Honestly it felt like as time goes by people just drift apart depending on how close they are but not all the time.

Nov 20, 2021 9:52 PM
Jul 2018
I appreciate she didn't wait and accept the fucking reality that it's not gonna work and moved on. So anyone who blame akari for falling for another or not wait for takaki so please shut the fuck up.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter General Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Faust721 - Jul 19, 2007

776 by drried »»
Apr 14, 6:26 AM

» What did you feel after watching Makoto Shinkai`s 5 Centimeter per Second? ( 1 2 3 )

IRIS-T - Mar 6, 2016

108 by Hasan_Lelouch »»
Mar 11, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Who's the best girl?

spectre699 - Sep 23, 2023

9 by Jusne »»
Mar 3, 4:59 PM

» im confused

_txhsin__ - Feb 20, 2023

19 by frodberserk »»
Jan 3, 4:23 PM

Poll: » Byousoku 5 Centimeter Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jul 5, 2008

75 by oooo3333 »»
Aug 27, 2023 11:16 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.