Forum Settings
Forums

'Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest' Sequel Manga Gets TV Anime

New
Sep 11, 2021 9:12 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013

The Hiro Mashima Fan Meeting @Mixalive Tokyo livestream event announced a television anime adaptation of the Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest sequel manga on Saturday.

Atsuo Ueda began drawing the sequel on the Magazine Pocket web manga platform in July 2018, approximately a year after Hiro Mashima concluded his original Fairy Tail manga. Kodansha published the ninth volume on July 9 (pictured right).

Kodansha US licensed the manga in English in March 2019 and shipped the seventh volume on May 18. The eighth volume is planned for a September 28 release.

The original Fairy Tail manga was adapted into three television anime, two anime movies in 2012 and 2017, and nine original video anime episodes. Fairy Tail: Final Series (Fairy Tail Final Series), the latest anime installment in the franchise, aired in 51 episodes between Fall 2018 and Summer 2019.

Synopsis
The 100 Years Quest: a mission so challenging and hazardous that it has remained unaccomplished for over a century. While countless mages have attempted to take on this gruelling objective, their results ended in either overwhelming defeat or worse. Nonetheless, Natsu Dragneel and his friends—Lucy Heartfilia, Gray Fullbuster, Erza Scarlet, and Wendy Marvell, along with the exceeds Happy and Charlés—ambitiously embark on the quest.

A year after the Fairy Tail guild has overcome the diabolical forces of Acnologia and Zeref, Natsu and his team trek into the northern continent of Guiltina, where they seek out the employer of the 100 Years Quest and receive their nearly impossible mission: to seal away the Five Dragon Gods—a group of individuals with such vast power that, if left alone, could cause global devastation. Meanwhile, a spirited new member named Touka is recruited to Fairy Tail. Although her vibrant energy and passionate nature makes her perfect for the guild, there seems to be more to her than meets the eye.

Determined to accomplish their seemingly insurmountable mission, Natsu and his friends begin their treacherous search for the Dragon Gods. However, once encountering a new dark guild named Diabolos, along with the newest recruit of Fairy Tail revealing her true colors, Natsu and his team will find that the 100 Years Quest isn't the only challenge they face. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Announcement

Magazine Pocket page: https://pocket.shonenmagazine.com/episode/10834108156632337394

Source: PR Times

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest on MAL
VindstotSep 12, 2021 11:48 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 11, 2021 9:15 AM

Oct 2017
Been waiting for this adaptation and glad it was finally announced.

Apr 2012
This announcement makes me feel like the adaptation of Eden Zero was only needed to keep the attention on the author.

Sep 2014
Well, yeah no surprise.

Wonder if they keeping the same Staff&Cast...

Sep 11, 2021 9:16 AM

Apr 2015
This makes a fanboy extremely happy!! Pretty stoked to see this getting adapted, some specific parts especially. Praying for a 2023 release though, 2022 just feels too soon for this adaptation, unless there will be multiple seasons planned. Time will tell.
Sep 11, 2021 9:19 AM

Oct 2010
this franchise will never end, I'll watch it
Sep 11, 2021 9:22 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
It was just a matter of time honestly but it's good to see that the time is finally upon us. I've heard things get better and don't fall as low as the Final Season so that's enough for me to get me watching this.

I wonder if the same team will be working on this though.

So many sequel announcements today though, what gives lol?
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 11, 2021 9:24 AM

Jul 2019
GOD IS REAL AND HE WATCHES FAIRY TAIL.
Sep 11, 2021 9:30 AM
Councilor

Apr 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:

So many sequel announcements today though, what gives lol?

Sequel September
Sep 11, 2021 9:45 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I knew the day would come when Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest would get an anime adaptation. It was just a matter of when it was going to happen. The first couple chapters of the 100 Years Quest didn't catch my attention, but maybe the anime will change my mind.

I just hope this series doesn't end up in Netflix's jail like Edens Zero.
Sep 11, 2021 9:46 AM

May 2020
Hopefully this is a seasonal and not the 100+ episode fests we used to get. Fairy Tail deserves some seasonal sakuga animation
Sep 11, 2021 9:49 AM

Apr 2020
I can't wait, I love fairytail!
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Sep 11, 2021 10:21 AM

Jul 2020
NEVER EXPECTED THIS TO GET ADAPTED. I'M HYPED!
RobertBobert said:
This announcement makes me feel like the adaptation of Eden Zero was only needed to keep the attention on the author.

I thought the same.
AddaeAkono said:
I knew the day would come when Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest would get an anime adaptation. It was just a matter of when it was going to happen. The first couple chapters of the 100 Years Quest didn't catch my attention, but maybe the anime will change my mind.

What's with the "Netflix Jail"?
ScordoloSep 11, 2021 10:29 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Sep 11, 2021 10:26 AM

Mar 2020
As someone who is pretty optimistic all the time FT is one of those franchise i cant seem to like it and i feel like its only popular for typical weeb reasons its one of those franchise that overstayed their welcome much like naruto with boruto even tho the latter was better ... sigh these old time shounen really needs to go .... sigh............Anyway for the fans of ft i am happy they having time of their life with this.
Sep 11, 2021 10:27 AM

Jul 2013
Felt it was going to eventually have an adaptation. I may not have liked the last arc of the original manga much, but Fairy Tail still has a place in my heart despite that, so I'll look forward even if Mashima ends disappointing again.

I hope Yasuharu Takanashi also gets to produce the OST for 100 years Quest.
Sep 11, 2021 10:30 AM

Apr 2016
Im actually looking forward to this.
Sep 11, 2021 10:35 AM

Mar 2020
Catalano said:

At this point one should bet which one will end first between this
1) FT
2) One Piece
3) Naruto
4) Gundam
5) Saint Seiya
6) Fate
7) Toaru
8) Jojo
9) NGE
10) Dragon Ball
and some others i forgot currently basically every big time money grabbers franchises
Sep 11, 2021 10:58 AM

Jun 2014
Despite my feelings toward FT as a whole, but in particular that final arc, I'll still check this out. I had been meaning to read the manga for the longest time now anyway so maybe I'll finally go ahead and do that before the anime comes out.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 11, 2021 10:59 AM
Feb 2020
AnimeFA78N said:
Catalano said:

1) FT
2) One Piece
3) Naruto
4) Gundam
5) Saint Seiya
6) Fate
7) Toaru
8) Jojo
9) NGE
10) Dragon Ball
and some others i forgot currently basically every big time money grabbers franchises

Saint Seiya still isn't over yet? Also wasn't NGE's last movie released this winter too?
Sep 11, 2021 11:09 AM

Apr 2021
Omggggggg my favorit anime
[jmg align=right]https://i.imgur.com/XLRDPsi.png?1[/img]
anime list
manga list
blog posts

Sep 11, 2021 11:10 AM

Jul 2017
Damn, another shounen cow. Nostalgia's a helluva drug lol

Definitely not expecting much from what I've read of it, but I'll take some more for the fanservice and waifus. Gonna be nice to hear some more Hirano as well lol

Sep 11, 2021 11:12 AM
Jul 2018
Although I didn't complete season 2 yet, I'll probably check this out. It's most likely going to be the same staff as the original but I would much prefer a better team.
Sep 11, 2021 11:14 AM
Dec 2013
I was expecting this to get an adaptation someday, so I'm not at all surprised about this. Expecting Edens Zero to get a second season in the next couple of years too. Unfortunately for me, I'm still watching Fairy Tail (2014), so I have a lot of catching up to do.
Sep 11, 2021 11:16 AM
Aug 2020
AnimeFA78N said:
Catalano said:

1) FT
2) One Piece
3) Naruto
4) Gundam
5) Saint Seiya
6) Fate
7) Toaru
8) Jojo
9) NGE
10) Dragon Ball

Hey what does neg stand for 🤔
Sep 11, 2021 11:38 AM

Jun 2015
This doesn't warrant an anime adaptation for me.
Sep 11, 2021 11:40 AM

Nov 2019
thebrentinator24 said:
Despite my feelings toward FT as a whole, but in particular that final arc, I'll still check this out. I had been meaning to read the manga for the longest time now anyway so maybe I'll finally go ahead and do that before the anime comes out.

Trust me you won´t regret it! the sequel is better than the final arc

I hated the final arc aswell.
Sep 11, 2021 11:44 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Scordolo said:
RobertBobert said:

I thought the same.
AddaeAkono said:

Netflix Jail refers to when an anime is being aired weekly on Neflix Japan before being released in other countries. In the case of Edens Zero, it starting airing back in April, but the first cour didn't come out Netflix for other countries until a few weeks ago. If Edens Zero wasn't in Netflix jail I would be watching it right now.
Sep 11, 2021 11:46 AM

Aug 2020
This is surprising, did not expect this. I've read all of fairy tail but looks like I gotta start watching the anime soon.
Sep 11, 2021 11:47 AM

Nov 2019
Illyricus said:
Felt it was going to eventually have an adaptation. I may not have liked the last arc of the original manga much, but Fairy Tail still has a place in my heart despite that, so I'll look forward even if Mashima ends disappointing again.

I hope Yasuharu Takanashi also gets to produce the OST for 100 years Quest.

The sequel is much better than the final arc in every way 100 Years Quest is something Alvarez should have been

In my opinion 100 Years Quest is a step up
Sep 11, 2021 11:50 AM
Apr 2021
AddaeAkono said:
Scordolo said:

I thought the same.

Netflix Jail refers to when an anime is being aired weekly on Neflix Japan before being released in other countries. In the case of Edens Zero, it starting airing back in April, but the first cour didn't come out Netflix for other countries until a few

weeks ago. If Edens Zero wasn't in Netflix jail I would be watching it right now.

Well Netflix does not have the rights to FT, but Funimation does

https://twitter.com/Funimation/status/1436712372362747904
Sep 11, 2021 12:04 PM

May 2012
Good news. Now let us hope that Eden Zero also get new season !!
Sep 11, 2021 12:29 PM

Aug 2015
Hell Yes! Fairy tail is one of those series which never bores me no matter how shitty the arc is. I'm looking forward to more adventure with the natsu and team.
Sep 11, 2021 12:30 PM

Jan 2009
shippers will rejoice for sure
Sep 11, 2021 12:45 PM

Mar 2020
SenseiC_ said:

Saint Seiya still isn't over yet? Also wasn't NGE's last movie released this winter too?

Nah iirc it has multiple Spin offs Sequels even games running around

And as for NGE well Wikipedia has information that creator or director of th4 series says the franchise might get kicked started again in near future and that they want this to be like Gundam

VandanNK said:

NGE - Neon Genesis Evangelion that's what I meant
Sep 11, 2021 12:55 PM
Sep 2018
Oh my goodness!!!!!! This is so great !!! I thought they won’t continue it … lucky!
Sep 11, 2021 1:05 PM

Nov 2019
madarchod said:
Hell Yes! Fairy tail is one of those series which never bores me no matter how shitty the arc is. I'm looking forward to more adventure with the natsu and team.

I think you will like this arc! it´s a improvement over entire Alvarez Empire!
Sep 11, 2021 1:06 PM

Feb 2010
CANT BELIEVEEE!!! FINALLY!
Sep 11, 2021 1:29 PM

Jun 2016
I started this series yesterday and now it gets a new season. Coincidence or am I this powerful?
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Sep 11, 2021 1:31 PM

Sep 2020
Good to see, I heard the 100 years manga was actually quite enjoyable.
Sep 11, 2021 2:56 PM
Apr 2015
That's awesome news for Fairy Tail fans and I've been waiting for so long for the 100 Year Quest to get a adaptation
Sep 11, 2021 3:10 PM

Dec 2016
Is this some sort of epilogue to Fairy Tail or does it attempt to develop a new main storyline? I hope it's the former.
Sep 11, 2021 3:16 PM

May 2019
Fantastic news!! With people saying that the story is better than Fairy Tail's last arc, all I'm worried about now is if it gets the same dogshit adaptation that Fairy Tail: Final Series got.
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Sep 11, 2021 3:21 PM
Apr 2021
Is this some sort of epilogue to Fairy Tail or does it attempt to develop a new main storyline? I hope it's the former.

It's a new main story. It happens some time after the events of Alvarez. And so far the story is better than some arcs from the prequel
Sep 11, 2021 3:23 PM

May 2019
AnimeFA78N said:
Catalano said:

1) FT
2) One Piece
3) Naruto
4) Gundam
5) Saint Seiya
6) Fate
7) Toaru
8) Jojo
9) NGE
10) Dragon Ball
To try to answer some of your questions:
1. 100 Years Quest will probably end in a few years. I don't think that it's manga has been selling as hot as the original did.
2. One Piece: Oda said 5 years last time. I'd argue 8 more maybe.
3. Never. Just wait till we get Boruto's son: Birito
6. Fate is never ending. It's not even only Nasu at this point. Literally anyone can come in to write Fate and the Fate fandom will eat it up. They can make 10 more gachas and make a 100 shows out of them. And there's still a great deal of Type Moon stuff unadapted.
8. Araki is a zombie.
9. Dragon Ball: No idea. I doubt if Toriyama even gives a shit at this point.

Also, aren't NGE and Saint Seiya over already?
VandanNK said:
NGE is Neon Genesis Evangelion
Amoh25Sep 11, 2021 3:36 PM
Gintoki and Sugita's birthdays are 1 day apart.
Sep 11, 2021 3:47 PM

Dec 2016
Oiku said:

It's a new main story. It happens some time after the events of Alvarez. And so far the story is better than some arcs from the prequel

Oh well then, not what I would have wanted but I'll still watch it. Hope it doesn't turn out to be another Dragon Ball Super or Boruto.

Amoh25 said:

Also, Saint Seiya over already?

Main series is over, years ago. But the franchise is still on-going with multiple spin-offs.
Sep 11, 2021 5:08 PM
Oct 2018
Wohoooo, this manga deserve to get an adaptation, beside the good art of Hiro Mashima, the story really good even compared from before. Many love relationship that still unclear is explained in here, the enemy is also interesting.
Sep 11, 2021 5:20 PM
Aug 2017
LETS GOOO! It’s finally here, hype af
Sep 11, 2021 5:58 PM
Apr 2021
Amoh25 said:
AnimeFA78N said:

1) FT
2) One Piece
3) Naruto
4) Gundam
5) Saint Seiya
6) Fate
7) Toaru
8) Jojo
9) NGE
10) Dragon Ball
To try to answer some of your questions:
1. 100 Years Quest will probably end in a few years. I don't think that it's manga has been selling as hot as the original did.
2. One Piece: Oda said 5 years last time. I'd argue 8 more maybe.
3. Never. Just wait till we get Boruto's son: Birito
6. Fate is never ending. It's not even only Nasu at this point. Literally anyone can come in to write Fate and the Fate fandom will eat it up. They can make 10 more gachas and make a 100 shows out of them. And there's still a great deal of Type Moon stuff unadapted.
8. Araki is a zombie.
9. Dragon Ball: No idea. I doubt if Toriyama even gives a shit at this point.

Also, aren't NGE and Saint Seiya over already?
VandanNK said:
NGE is Neon Genesis Evangelion

Considering it is biweekly and airs on Magazine Pocket rather than the main magazine. FTYQ100 still sells quite well. FT's sales are generally double or triple EZ's.

And well, according to mashima, he has more stories to tell outside of YQ100, including the next generation. FT is for Magazine like OP or Naruto is for Jump

Sep 11, 2021 5:59 PM

Jan 2009
Acorus22 said:
Wohoooo, this manga deserve to get an adaptation, beside the good art of Hiro Mashima, the story really good even compared from before. Many love relationship that still unclear is explained in here, the enemy is also interesting.

lol Hiro Mashima only do the story and storyboards but never the actual final drawings

Hiro Mashima is drawing Edens Zero instead of 100 Year Quest
Sep 11, 2021 6:02 PM
Apr 2021
SoldierDream said:
Oiku said:

Oh well then, not what I would have wanted but I'll still watch it. Hope it doesn't turn out to be another Dragon Ball Super or Boruto.

Amoh25 said:

Also, Saint Seiya over already?

Main series is over, years ago. But the franchise is still on-going with multiple spin-offs.

you should read the manga to get your own opinion, but from my point of view FTYQ100 as a sequel works better than Boruto
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by BankaiGoku »»
25 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

10 by malvarez1 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

11 by MantaRaydiated »»
Today, 10:50 AM

» 'Hitoribocchi no Isekai Kouryaku' Unveils Production Staff, Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for Fall 2024

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Azuchi »»
Today, 4:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.