Forum Settings
Forums

'Orient' Unveils Additional Cast, Teaser Promo for January 2022

New
Sep 6, 2021 2:35 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Orient television anime revealed a pair of additional cast and teaser promo on Monday. The anime series adapting Shinobu Ohtaka's action fantasy manga will air in January 2022.

Voice actress Rie Takahashi (Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!) is playing Tsugumi Hattori. Satoshi Hino (Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan) is voicing Naotora Takeda.

Voice actors Yuuma Uchida (Jujutsu Kaisen) and Souma Saitou (Shuumatsu no Walküre) are starring as Musashi and Koujirou Kanemaki, respectively.

Tetsuya Yanagisawa (High School DxD) is directing the series at animation studio A.C.G.T., with Mariko Kunisawa (Honzuki no Gekokujou) in charge of the series composition. Takahiro Kishida (Haikyuu!!) is designing the characters, and Hideyuki Fukasawa (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works) is composing the music.

Ohtaka launched the manga in Weekly Shounen Magazine in May 2018. Kodansha shipped the 13th volume on August 6. Kodansha USA licensed the manga digitally in English last April and released the 11th volume on April 20.

Teaser PV

Source: animate Times

Sep 6, 2021 2:57 AM

Mar 2020
Oh yes new work from magi author her world building and character design i really adore

Man winter 2022 already is good for me so many shows to looks forward
AnimeFA78NSep 6, 2021 3:03 AM
Sep 6, 2021 6:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I've been a big fan of Magi for years now and I always meant to read Shinobu Ohtaka's new manga but never got around to doing so, but what I'm hoping is that likewise with Magi, this anime will impress me enough whereas I pick up the manga after the anime is done airing
Sep 6, 2021 6:51 AM

Apr 2012
Tokoya said:
I've been a big fan of Magi for years now and I always meant to read Shinobu Ohtaka's new manga but never got around to doing so, but what I'm hoping is that likewise with Magi, this anime will impress me enough whereas I pick up the manga after the anime is done airing

Is Magi a really good franchise? I am often advised to start watching this, but I have not yet dared to start.
Sep 6, 2021 6:54 AM

Oct 2017
I wonder if this will be as good as Magi.
RobertBobert said:
Tokoya said:

Is Magi a really good franchise? I am often advised to start watching this, but I have not yet dared to start.
Yes it's a wonderful franchise with good world building. The fantasy aspect of it is really great in particular.
Sep 6, 2021 6:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
RobertBobert said:
Tokoya said:

Magi is a very good and enjoyable series, but I'm hesitant to recommend the anime to you because even though it got 2 seasons, it has unfortunately become one of those anime that's stuck in limbo for about 7 years now, with no sight of a future season(s) to complete the rest of the story

But if you don't mind being forced to read the manga after you finish S2, then I highly recommend that you give it a shot
Sep 6, 2021 6:59 AM

Apr 2012
MegamiRem said:
RobertBobert said:

Yes it's a wonderful franchise with good world building. The fantasy aspect of it is really great in particular.

Tokoya said:
RobertBobert said:

Magi is a very good and enjoyable series, but I'm hesitant to recommend the anime to you because even though it got 2 seasons, it has unfortunately become one of those anime that's stuck in limbo for about 7 years now, with no sight of a future season(s) to complete the rest of the story

But if you don't mind being forced to read the manga after you finish S2, then I highly recommend that you give it a shot

Well, I was interested in this title primarily because, as a resident of a naval city, I really like shows with good graphics and sea adventures.
Sep 6, 2021 7:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
RobertBobert said:
MegamiRem said:

Tokoya said:

Well, I was interested in this title primarily because, as a resident of a naval city, I really like shows with good graphics and sea adventures.
Well in that case, you should definitely check out the Sinbad no Bouken side story anime as well....It's a prequel to Magi focusing on the character of Sinbad and its too really good as well
Sep 6, 2021 7:18 AM

Apr 2012
Tokoya said:
RobertBobert said:

Well in that case, you should definitely check out the Sinbad no Bouken side story anime as well....It's a prequel to Magi focusing on the character of Sinbad and its too really good as well

Is this "real" Sinbad or just a pure fantasy like Fate?
Sep 6, 2021 7:19 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
RobertBobert said:
Tokoya said:

It's a mixture of both
Sep 6, 2021 7:22 AM

Apr 2012
Tokoya said:
RobertBobert said:

It's a mixture of both

And this is a spin-off manga adaptation?
Sep 6, 2021 7:23 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
RobertBobert said:
Tokoya said:
It's a mixture of both

And this is a spin-off manga adaptation?
Yes, from the same creator as well
Sep 6, 2021 7:33 AM

Feb 2020
looks great, I will definitely watch it. since I liked magi very much. (I still have to watch Sumomomo Momomo too)
AdampkSep 6, 2021 7:47 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Sep 6, 2021 8:32 AM

Jan 2015
As a Magi fan, I’m looking forward to it. Always hoped for a 4th season tho.
Anyways, animation is looking pretty average. We will see.
Sep 6, 2021 12:04 PM

Jul 2013
Looks really underwhelming and just continues to make it feel like another season for Magi is just completely hopeless.
Sep 7, 2021 5:35 AM

Oct 2010
so it's ACGT studio, at least the trailer looks decent. I like how they start with "from the author of Magi, Ohtaka Shinobu", now you know how great Magi is

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

70 by dodoxdo97 »»
15 minutes ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - 10 hours ago

3 by Maumuu »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Dungeon Meshi' Gets TV Anime ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Aug 9, 2022

53 by Dark_Reunion007 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
Yesterday, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.