Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 25, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Shouta is such a good kid honestly, like one of the most innocent kids in this season.

Episode also had some beautiful moments imo, namely between Tohru and Kobayashi. Ilulu also came back and her segments were a bit more moody compared to the others. Glad to see that she also has a friend that cares about her.

The flashbacks were also interesting.
Aug 25, 2021 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Shouta is back to making magic because it's Father's Day, and he is wanting to make a present. Now that's a callback to one of Season 1's OP scenes with him. Lucoa misreading the fact that it's is pronounced like Tit's Day. The gamer scene with the boys Takiya, Fafnir and Shouta aside, he managed to make an tailsman for his dad for Father's Day. Of course, Kobayashi is like a mother to them, but Kanna mistaking her for a dad is so chuckles.

Kobayashi getting a fever coupled with a cold, and Tohru has to nurse her without any knowhow. Seeking others' feedback about how to nurse someone can go 1001 ways, and Tohru following all that to make an abomination of a rice gruel...is just helpful enough. It's the first time that she has seen Kobayashi in such a weakened state, and memories resurface that she could lose a loved one like Kobayashi again, so it's off to the fantasy lands to find a potion as medicine. Sadly though, as much as Tohru sacrificed her body to provide some medicine, that medicine is more meant for beasts than humans, making her a catwoman lols.

Ilulu and Take finding a lost doll being abandoned, and it's off to find the owner. The first formal meeting between Take and Kobayashi (together with Tohru to help Ilulu), and he harbours doubts. For Ilulu, this exact doll brings back another scarred memory of her's, and the doll is returned to its rightful owner of a grown-up girl who disposed it being teased of her childishness.

Take got a GOOD LOOK at Ilulu naked and her wanting to bath together with him. This boy is SOOO blessed with knocking tits, Ilulu has no shame.
KANLen09Aug 25, 2021 9:55 AM
Aug 25, 2021 8:30 AM

Apr 2020
When Kobayashi saw Tohru who was just looking for medicine for her, she ate the medicine from Tohru even though she had recovered when she woke up, that scene was so wholesome.

Looks like Iruru and Taketo are getting to know each other, but Iruru should learn more about "shame"
Aug 25, 2021 8:50 AM
Oct 2020
Great Episode! Tooru! 💖
Aug 25, 2021 8:51 AM

Jun 2019
Shouta, Takiya, and Fafnir getting some more screentime in this season. No complaints there. They deserve it. Good boy, Shouta. Other than that, Kobayashi got sick and Tohru had to take care of her. But, poor Tohru doesn't know how to do anything like that. Won't blame Tohru for being worried about seeing the person she loves in a bad state and thinking of losing her. Some really cute and wholesome moments there.

Iruru and Take found an abandoned doll and started searching for the owner. They searched hard for it and with the help of Kobayashi, they managed to find the owner of the doll. I like Iruru and Take together. They're cute. Also, Take getting them juicers for free from Iruru as Iruru wanting to take a bath together with him. LOL
Pre_YumAug 25, 2021 10:15 AM
Aug 25, 2021 9:10 AM

Apr 2016
Ilulu being a stand in for Tooru in this season made me think that we will see the same repetitive "dragons and humans can coexist with each other and i'm gonna prove it to you in these 13 episodes" like weve seen in the first season with Tooru.

But instead im glad to see she like have a job and interact with children and most importantly she is outside of the main gang and there is actually a new character just for her to interact with, the kid Taketo, i like that.

Also Boobs Day, hell yeah brother.
Aug 25, 2021 9:11 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty heartwarming and wholesome moments between Tohru and Kobayashi. <3

The whole doll segment was quite emotional. I'm glad that girl got her precious doll back. :3

I agree with Tohru. Kobayashi as a cat was so adorable.

SerafosJan 9, 10:24 AM
Aug 25, 2021 9:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Shota managed to make a talisman for father's day, the part with sick Koboayashi was the best, Tooru is really determined and ready to do anything for her, but well she became a cat hahaha, Iruru managed to find the owner of the doll, but she really has no shame in showing her body xD
Aug 25, 2021 9:36 AM

Dec 2020
Tohru searched everything in her world to find medicine but that was for animal people lol.

Illulu and take have a funny time together xD. The Oppai day haha.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Aug 25, 2021 9:51 AM
Oct 2020
I don't think we'll have the Dragon World arc in this s2, but it still has a chance though few.
Aug 25, 2021 9:57 AM
Oct 2020

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ArdanazAug 31, 2021 11:13 AM
Aug 25, 2021 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
Kobayashi as a cat was gold.

Pretty solid episode overall though. Some very nice and at times heart warming parts.

I guess i'm a rotten one since im an Aries lol.

Next week though a whole episode dedicated to Elma??? LET'S GO!!!!!!!!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 25, 2021 10:05 AM

Feb 2019
Take and Illulu are so adorable together lol. Who would’ve imagined a doll retrieval arc would be so entertaining.

Lesson of the day, you’re never too old to enjoy things you like.

Also looks like shouta father knew tohru’s father? Really interesting
Aug 25, 2021 10:16 AM

Apr 2020
This episode was really good, my favourite part about it was the doll scene with Ilulu, and the last scene when she gave the doll back to her owner, found that very wholesome.

So yeah, looking forward to episode 9.
Nina supporter for life💕
Aug 25, 2021 10:16 AM

Jul 2019
Half-feline half-human Kobayashi came out of nowhere as an episode star.

Good boy Take with his umbrella and Ilulu's remorses that washed away with tears in high school girl's house created an interesting composition together.
Aug 25, 2021 10:17 AM

Sep 2019
Take's reaction to Kobayashi was hilarious.

Tits day lol.

Cat kobayashi was cute

Take missed a big chance by refusing Ilulu's bath invitation
Aug 25, 2021 10:22 AM

Sep 2015
Wow the dialogue on the psychological analogy for comparing shoutas mindset to a game was great!

Wait a second? Shoutas Father was living with him all this time?! I guess his parents really never noticed Lucoa this whole time !

Kobayashi looks amazing wearing the suit as well

Tohru you're just too kind going out of your way taking care of Kobayashi TT_TT

Funny how Kobayashi just casually walks out of the invisibility cloak right in front of Take xD

OH MY GOD AHAHAHA THE DIALOGUE BETWEEN Ilruru and Take at the end of the episode is FREAKEN HILARIOUS!! OH MY GOD!! I loved the ending part xDD too funny
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 25, 2021 10:32 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
Shouta worked hard to create a talisman for Boobs Day Father's Day. Not a bad idea, but easily forgettable.

Kobayashi struck by cold. Tohru overthinking it, went all the way to her world to find the medicine without knowing the cold would gone by simply rest enough. Kobayashi appreciated the effort, but turned into a cat because of the medicine.
Lmao, Nekobayashi was so cute.

Ilulu found an abandoned doll. Reminding her of her past. Quite saddening. Luckily Take was there for her. With Kobayashi's help, the doll managed to back to its home. Shameless sexual joke happened frequently between Ilulu and Take. It's okay. Shameless is better than inconsistent.
Feels good to have a normal couple in this series.
Aug 25, 2021 10:40 AM

Sep 2011
I really love Ilulu in these last episodes lol She has changed in better. It's a pity we have seen few scenes of Kanna :( Do you think Ilulu and Take will fall in love each other in the next future? ahah
Aug 25, 2021 10:44 AM
Aug 2020
I noticed that Take is voiced by Zenitsu from Demon Slayer, that's perfect lol.
Aug 25, 2021 10:49 AM
Oct 2020
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Wow the dialogue on the psychological analogy for comparing shoutas mindset to a game was great!

Wait a second? Shoutas Father was living with him all this time?! I guess his parents really never noticed Lucoa this whole time !

Kobayashi looks amazing wearing the suit as well

Tohru you're just too kind going out of your way taking care of Kobayashi TT_TT

Funny how Kobayashi just casually walks out of the invisibility cloak right in front of Take xD

OH MY GOD AHAHAHA THE DIALOGUE BETWEEN Ilruru and Take at the end of the episode is FREAKEN HILARIOUS!! OH MY GOD!! I loved the ending part xDD too funny
Shouta's father knows it very well, after all he is a wizard and he knows Tohru's father and gave Elma a job.
Aug 25, 2021 10:51 AM
Oct 2020
Kaiseki said:
When Kobayashi saw Tohru who was just looking for medicine for her, she ate the medicine from Tohru even though she had recovered when she woke up, that scene was so wholesome.

Looks like Iruru and Taketo are getting to know each other, but Iruru should learn more about "shame"
great image of Tooru! 💖
Aug 25, 2021 10:51 AM

May 2021
Loved the episode. The Shouta one was particularly interesting, the usage of videogames to relate to understanding the intention and context of the author was an interesting perspective and one of the most important things to understand what we consume to. And the doll bit was emotive, I like how it portrayed the importance of attachment to things despite the concept of age or what other told us to do, since after all it is our life and not theirs.

Kobayashi got covid and transformed into a cat, funniest shit ever. The punchlines were on point in this episode

Aug 25, 2021 10:55 AM

Jun 2021
Another great episode.

Really loved Part C with Ilulu and the doll. Great way to tie it into her past story as well. Sound and visual continues to be top level.
Aug 25, 2021 11:00 AM

Jan 2021
Chichi no hi (父の日 -> 乳の日) ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ)
How cute is Shouta, he got double prize for his effort heheh

I would have liked to see a bit more of NekoKobayashi :c

I just love how sometimes this sol series can deal with sad and deep things so well. Take is very lucky don't you think?
Very good episode 5/5
Aug 25, 2021 11:51 AM

Nov 2018
great episode
tits day :D
Aug 25, 2021 12:06 PM

Jul 2011
Tits Days would be a good day to have.

Tohru part once again was "I did this crazy shite because I overreacted and in the end was for nothing just to show that im super strong". Boring.

Ilulu part was great, backstory,fanservice and fun retorts.
Aug 25, 2021 12:30 PM

Nov 2016
Happy tits day Shouta. One can only hope that the Twitter peeps leave this wholesome hug alone.

Catyashi was nice, but the best part gotta be Ilulu and Take segment.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 25, 2021 12:34 PM
Jan 2021
this episode had beautiful moments IMO, moments between Tohru and Kobayashi and Ilulu with the abandoned doll.

these episodes are getting better and better.
Aug 25, 2021 1:04 PM

May 2020
More focus on Shouta in this episode,preparing a present for his father through his wizard skills.
And that Take doll of Illulu sure is having a nice place to rest.

Again a weekly dose of wholesomeness, and that preview of next one is showing Elma, definitely can't miss that.
Softhenic03Dec 4, 2021 2:40 AM
Aug 25, 2021 1:32 PM

Feb 2014
Tits day, huh? You can count me in! XD

Another reason to be jealous of Shouta whenever Lucoa gives him a hug like that. Aside of that, I did like how he worked hard to making a talisman for his father, while learning some valuable lessons along the way.

It was sweet of Tohru to go out of her way to try and find the perfect medicine to help Kobayashi recover, but what it gave us was two special moments. One was the still image of Tohru's precious happy face when Kobayashi thanked her, while the other was the side effects of the medicine Tohru got for Kobayashi and that was to transform her into Nekobayashi! I wish we got more screentime in her cat form, though. =3

The best part of the episode for me belongs to Ilulu and Take. The determination that Ilulu showed in wanting to find the original owner of the doll, driven on by her past where she regrets abandoning one of her own dolls when she was younger was admirable. Thanks to Kobayashi's help, they were able to reunite the doll with her owner, which led to a very touching moment. It did a solid job in highlighting how important dolls or toys like this can be when we grow up. To others, it might look like rubbish that should be thrown away or for someone to "grow out of", but to this girl, it means the world to her, a clear sign of sentimental value that can't ever be replaced.

After that, Take took Ilulu back to Kobayashi's place, but not before he was greeted by a completely nude Ilulu, asking Take to join her in the bath together, even going as far as saying that there's nothing wrong with it at all.....while chasing him at the same time.

It's clear that Ilulu knows no shame whatsoever, but, to be honest, most men in Take's place would be surprised and embarrassed if they saw Ilulu appear in the nude, but upon her offer, most of us would say yes, wouldn't we? I know I would, that's for sure! X3

The next episode will be great, mainly since it's focused on Elma! =P
Aug 25, 2021 1:35 PM

Nov 2019
I like the deeper thought processes this show often invokes. Like the game developers analogy. A pity we don't see Shouta interacting with boob. I mean father.
Tohru got your back, Kobayashii!
It'll be great if Take helps Illulu to get over her past traumas.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Aug 25, 2021 1:41 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
lol at Lucoa mistaking tits day for Father's day. Shouta should be thankful for being able to see Lucoa's tits 24/7. Ilulu and Take are starting to get along a little bit more, but Ilulu is just too causal when it come to her boobs since she has no shame.
Aug 25, 2021 1:54 PM
Apr 2020
each new episode of this show just cements my love for this series and its characters even more
Aug 25, 2021 2:05 PM

Apr 2018
How many more moments will Shouta have in the second season? Pretty wholesome and Lucoa misread Father's day as Tit's day so we got some fanservice here and there. Adorable how Kanna gave shoulder coupons to Kobayashi for Father's day. Her reaction was great.

Koboyashi got a fever and Tohru got worried because dragons don't really know what a ''cold'' is, mainly because they're way too strong lol. The bad memories came back to Tohru which led her on a medicine adventure. Tohru came back with scratched clothes and messy hair. All for some medicines which is used for beasts and not for humans LOL.

Ilulu and Take moment, trying to find the owner of the doll led to her reminding her dark memories from the past. Pretty good meaning behind it.

Take's damn lucky in the end, you bastard..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 25, 2021 2:20 PM

Apr 2015
Shouta's hard work payed off with a nice talisman for his father. I love how everything for Lucoa seems to resolve around Tits as she mistook father's day for tits day. I mean, it's not hard to see why...

I need those meds with those kinds of side effects... for research purposes...

Oh my Take.. Why not give those eyes the feast they deserve when Ilulu is running after you naked. You are missing something spectacular. On a serious note though, I love how serious Ilulu was on returning that doll to it's owner, since she still has regret for abandoning her own doll some while ago. That was sweet but also pretty sad in a way.
Aug 25, 2021 4:09 PM

Oct 2020
Aw, how wholesome, Shouta made a talisman as a gift for his dad. Man, Shouta's a good boy. Eh, Tohru's segment was the same old, but, haha, Neko Kobayashi was pretty cute. Damn, Ilulu's part was probably my favorite in this episode. It really highlighted her character.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2021 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
Shouta tried hunting a good gift for your father an episode with a beginning about day from parents was a good thing it was very comfortable to watch.

Kobayashi with fever and Tooru hunting for medicine for Kobayashi didn't work very well.
removed-userAug 25, 2021 4:47 PM
Aug 25, 2021 4:44 PM

Oct 2019
It's nice seeing Shouta's friendship with Takiya a lot more this season, the Kobayashi and Tohru segment was good as always and I really liked seeing more Ilulu and her relationship with Take is very wholesome too, hope to see more of it the next three episodes.
Aug 25, 2021 5:56 PM

Jun 2019
An ok episode.

I like that there is usually some underlying meaning in the short narratives. But they don’t have much staying power because they are so short. The Shouta one and the sick one were solid enough. The doll one was too on-the-nose at the end when the girl got the doll back.

I also don’t like how much of the jokes revolve around “girl has big boobs” or sexual harassment. It’s been so played out but they keep doing it.
Aug 25, 2021 7:07 PM

Jan 2011
ok ish episode lost count how many boob jokes there were this week

felt kinda confused this was the first Tohru has witness a human cold
Aug 25, 2021 7:08 PM

Jun 2021
It was cute when Shouta and Kanna gave their parents homemade Father's Day presents (although Kanna gave them to Kobayashi, whom apparently she considers her father). Besides, Tohru's concern for Kobayashi and Kobayashi's understanding were a beautiful demonstration of love. Apart from that, my heart melted when Ilulu and Take found the doll's owner.

5 out of 5, cute episode and almost all characters (except for Elma, Saikawa and Georgie) had an important role.
Aug 25, 2021 7:21 PM
Oct 2020
will Shouta's father appear at the company in the next episode? Elma next week.
Aug 25, 2021 8:15 PM

Mar 2021
loved so much this episode
Aug 25, 2021 8:22 PM

Jul 2016
With each new interaction, it's getting harder and harder for me not to ship Ilulu and Take together.

Pretty good episode overall. Unnecessarily melodramatic for moments but the sweet conclusion the last two segments got made up for that aspect.

This said, looking forward to seeing best girl/dragon Elma receiving some love next episode.
Aug 25, 2021 9:06 PM

Aug 2019
Probably one of my favourite episodes this season, so much went on for so many people.

More focus on Shouta which was great. I'm quite surprised that they seem to be turning the whole "chunibyo" gimmick that Shouta was introduced as, into him now being able to cast borderline magic and spells mage style. Takiya and Fafnir helping Shouta out with his problem was really great, pushing through and making the talisman for fathers day, and always Lucoa being there for support.
Lucoa really gave Shouta the whole deal this time. Shouta aignt gonna forget that moment till the day he dies.

Kanna giving Kobayashi a present on Fathers day made me laugh. First, it's quite wholesome that Kanna sees Kobayashi as a parent considering their many differences, and second how Kanna sees Kobayashi as a father.
Kobayashi coming down with a cold as Tohru frantically tried to treat her, went from quite cute and wholesome, to very heart-warming, back to cute. All in all I think that scene really showed the already quite concrete bond Kobayashi and Tohru have for one another. Tohru seeing Kobayashi in such a weak state for the first time, starts to worry that once again, everything around her will break potentially due to her actions. So she goes all out to find a cure, and when Kobayashi quickly caught on how hard Tohru tried for her, she does her best to show thanks. Overall lovely scene, can't have enough Kobayashi and Tohru.
Neko Kobayashi was something I didn't know I needed to see until now, I have now ascended.

I'm really loving Illulu's character, from the moment we met her to even now, her character development has been great to watch. Continuing to march through her past, Illulu helps return the doll to the owner to prevent the same experience that she herself felt, happening to them after abandoning something close to them.
Oh Take my sweet summer child, if only you knew a FRACTION of what was happening in the Kobayashi house hold, but for now I wish you luck on your medical bills. Illulu with 0 shame and 0 clothes, going straight for Take. My boy gonna be on life support in a few more episodes if this keeps up.
Aug 25, 2021 9:29 PM
Aug 2017
Take is number 1 virgin boy in this series lmfaoo wtf?
Aug 25, 2021 10:29 PM

Jan 2014
4/5 only because a third of the episode was wasted on the worst characters of the show. I really can't stand Shouta at all, and Lucoa. I hate almost all of their interactions.
Aug 25, 2021 10:44 PM

May 2010
Xandaros said:
4/5 only because a third of the episode was wasted on the worst characters of the show. I really can't stand Shouta at all, and Lucoa. I hate almost all of their interactions.

Ah, Thank You. I thought I'm the only one.
Aug 26, 2021 1:36 AM
Dec 2016
"chichis" pa' la banda! xd

so cute episode; Tohru and Ilulu parts was the best
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

176 by SiMura8723 »»
Mar 29, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

223 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

147 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2021

151 by MachoGuacho2765 »»
Mar 21, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

161 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 17, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.