Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 13, 2021 5:57 AM

Aug 2020
Hi everyone, I just wanted to ask a question that has been on my mind.

I'm not sure if this only applies to the modern generation of anime watchers but I'm noticing a lot of weebs at my school are really smart. Yes, they are weird at times and a lot of people avoid them but that doesn't overlook the fact that they get really good grades and are pretty logical people (including me).

So fellow school weebs, have you noticed at your school that newer watchers are usually the nerds, or is this just me?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 13, 2021 6:00 AM

Dec 2018
Weird people are smarter than normies in most cases.
Mar 13, 2021 6:04 AM
Jun 2020
Anyone that thinks LoGH is trash in my book is smart.
Mar 13, 2021 6:05 AM
Jan 2020
I feel like everyone is starting to experience and watch anime. Some of those people are stupid, and some of them are smart. It all depends on the amount of effort you put into class.
Bruh
Mar 13, 2021 6:10 AM

Jun 2015
I rarely meet someone who's invested in an art form such as anime or story-driven video games and less intelligent/irrational at the same time.
Of course, not everyone who started watching a popular show or two because their friend told them to will be above average, but I'd say most dedicated anime fans are pretty damn smart.
Naturally, a certain air of eccentricity comes with openly being an anime fan, so in most cases, you're either gonna be the goofy clown type or an unpopular nerd in class because of it.
ShadowMonkeyMar 13, 2021 6:13 AM
Mar 13, 2021 6:11 AM

Jun 2016
Idk let's check my performance at college:

Nah I ain't all that smart.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Mar 13, 2021 6:11 AM

Sep 2020
Can't really say anything as I don't know anyone around who watches or that I know of.
Mar 13, 2021 6:15 AM
May 2020
Weebs in general ain't that much, but everyone around me that has an outstanding social reputation and academic as well as physical are mostly heavy weebs
Mar 13, 2021 6:18 AM

Feb 2019
I don't know, but most of the aot fans aren't smart
Mar 13, 2021 6:29 AM

Aug 2018
Most of my weebs college friends are superior than others. Hmmm... Anime increases intellegence level?
Mar 13, 2021 6:50 AM
Jul 2019
Probably on the minor side of things. But vocal minority is loud so I guess that's the reason why you think that way. I can't really say anything else as I'm a STEM student, where you're required to think logically and critically and the weebs I know are in the same class.
Mar 13, 2021 6:51 AM

Jan 2013
Maybe? You can be smart for tying your shoes and not tripping. You can be dumb for eating shit you drop on the floor. These are relative terms.

A lot of the people I know who actually identify as weebs are practically NEETs or borderline hikikomori.
So my general answer to your vague question based on my experience would be no.
ChandelaMar 13, 2021 10:39 AM
Mar 13, 2021 6:53 AM
Jun 2015
No because they hype up almost every single piece of garabge that comes out and never have any Critical thinking
Mar 13, 2021 6:54 AM
Dec 2017
Depends on the type of anime fan you meet.

Mar 13, 2021 8:41 AM

Dec 2020
maybe smh, youre iq increased every episode you've watched.
Mar 13, 2021 8:46 AM
Jul 2018
i dont think watching anime really affects someone's intelligence
Mar 13, 2021 8:48 AM

Oct 2020
Some of them are smart boys/gals, and some of them are pretty 'normal' or 'average' in terms of brain usage on school, and that's obvious. But a lot of non-weebs or 'outsider' sees the majority of weebs are smart and/or quiet kid. Not in my case tho. I'm dumb as fuck (my only specialty is only on english and maybe biology).

"ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴏꜰ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ, ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴀʀʀᴇᴅ ʙʏ ɴᴏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ..." -Aigis
Mar 13, 2021 8:53 AM

Oct 2017
I doubt weebs are typically more intelligent than anyone else. Weebs probably tend to be less experienced and more naive than the average person as they are gernerally younger and less social than other people.
Mar 13, 2021 10:20 AM

Jul 2013
I'm pretty sure that your average weeaboo lacks the supernatural intelligence of a real nerd.

Real nerds study differential equations and engineering daily rather than wasting time with anime.

I have yet to run across an otaku who dedicates his or her life to geology, physics, engineering, demography, economics, biotechnology, biomechanics or even microbiology.

I made a poll not too long ago knowing how mathematically competent the average MAL user is to the subject and they still lack the potential to ace anything higher than elementary algebra, like Calculus II, Calculus III, linear algebra, algebraic geometry or differential equations.

Another fact, is that my good friend on Anime Planet lacks knowledge in highly advanced math to be a true nerd or the Jill of all trades. There is no pro scientist and no Jill or Jack of all trades on Crunchyroll either after checking all their polls.

In conclusion, no! they're not that smart. Living in your mom's basement won't make you a marine biologist overnight. Keep playing or hit the books, your choice.
Kurt_IrvingMar 13, 2021 10:24 AM
Mar 13, 2021 10:23 AM
Jul 2018
Smarter than average?
Probably yes.

Actually intelligent?
Definitely no.
Mar 13, 2021 10:28 AM

Mar 2019
They sure like to think that they are. :)
Mar 13, 2021 10:36 AM

Apr 2017
There are smart weebs and there are dumb weebs. Liking anime does not make someone more or less intelligent, just like liking music does not make one more or less intelligent. Anime is but a mere medium of art. Nothing more, and nothing less.
There's no inherent right or wrong in this universe, but when we think with emotions rather than logic, we make things so.
Mar 13, 2021 10:36 AM

Apr 2018
Kurt_Irving said:
I'm pretty sure that your average weeaboo lacks the supernatural intelligence of a real nerd.

Real nerds study differential equations and engineering daily rather than wasting time with anime.

I have yet to run across an otaku who dedicates his or her life to geology, physics, engineering, demography, economics, biotechnology, biomechanics or even microbiology.

I made a poll not too long ago knowing how mathematically competent the average MAL user is to the subject and they still lack the potential to ace anything higher than elementary algebra, like Calculus II, Calculus III, linear algebra, algebraic geometry or differential equations.

Another fact, is that my good friend on Anime Planet lacks knowledge in highly advanced math to be a true nerd or the Jill of all trades. There is no pro scientist and no Jill or Jack of all trades on Crunchyroll either after checking all their polls.

In conclusion, no! they're not that smart. Living in your mom's basement won't make you a marine biologist overnight. Keep playing or hit the books, your choice.

I would qualify that statement though! While you are probably correct that most weebs are not out of the world crazy smart, there are a good number of those people who are crazy smart have a pretty sizable weebish side to them. Am telling you this as someone who goes to one of the top universities in the US and has seen his fair share of crazy smart people. ;)
Mar 13, 2021 10:41 AM

Aug 2018
The higher the aot score he smarter they are
_______I like rocks__
Mar 13, 2021 10:45 AM

Oct 2015
I like 500 year old lolis and cute cat boys, my taste is impeccable and my intellect unmatched.
Tired, always tired!
Mar 13, 2021 10:49 AM

Sep 2014
i think there is no relation in the amount of anime one consumes and his/her intelligence.

I think you being a weeb might makes you a nerd or a geek, but being a nerd dosnt mean being smart.
Smoke Weed Everyday
Mar 13, 2021 10:51 AM

May 2018
Which weebs are you talking about?
Waifu fags? They don't have any brains.

Mar 13, 2021 10:52 AM

Jan 2019
Weebs are smart. I have an IQ of 530 000 myself.
Mar 13, 2021 10:53 AM

Aug 2013
One thing for sure, someone who is actively using idiotic childish buzzwords like "weeb" is definitely not smart.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 13, 2021 11:38 AM

Jun 2012
My IQ rises by one point for every completed show on my list.
Mar 13, 2021 11:45 AM
Jul 2018
Not exaggerating but I do at school really well but sometimes still consider myself an idiot. I have finished every semester with top grades and am the only one that can talk fluently in English in my class ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) totally not showing off.

But yea I do have a classmate who watches anime and is really smart as well. And a friend who has changed 5 schools and recently moved away in another school and she is the only one I can communicate in English with no problem and she is super smart. Every weeb I have met is pretty smart(except that one guy who always sits near the window and doesn't talk to anyone at all, i think is the mc guys...)
Mar 13, 2021 5:00 PM

Jan 2020
I have one weeb who's really smart so yeah, I guess. This doesn't apply to everyone though

Mar 13, 2021 5:03 PM

Feb 2021
Sakuta002766 said:
I don't know, but most of the aot fans aren't smart

Hmmm...how about one piece fans...
Mar 13, 2021 5:44 PM

Jul 2013
hohofish said:
Hmmm...how about one piece fans...

Not smart enough to ace differential equations either, like this girl from Oklahoma who watched One Piece religiously. It turns out that she's another redneck. Not even close to Sandy Cheeks' level of super genius intellect.
Aug 5, 2021 8:42 PM

Jan 2009
anime is becoming more mainstream so the line between normies and weeb is getting thinner so is the intellect level
Aug 5, 2021 8:49 PM

May 2021
I have no explanation but i think the weebs or just normal people who have interest or loved the anime death note and code geass has chance of being smarter than the average ones dont you think? But i fcking agreed that people who are dedicated to anime are fkcking intelligent in my experience why? Tell me have you ever though of i wish i watched anime on my age between 5 - 12 have you ever thinked that anime has provided you lots of informations? Have you ever think that food doesnt taste good without anime? have you ever thinked that anime is increasing your iq ;-; it doesnt actualy increase maybe a little i guess, iq is fluid and will never come from thins you watcn that make you smarter? Have you ever think that anime is increasing your vocabulary level? Haved you ever thought that life is simple and boring rather than watching anime is like watching many stories and expeirenced it? have you decided to be loyal to it for the rest of your life not watching other shows, didnt include games cuz its connected to being a weeb? Have you ever though that anime is not a fiction? Have you hated the fact that if you saw anime being called just a fiction/story?, its indeed a story and fiction but i hate anime being called like that ;-;. Have you ever think of changing because of anime? Do you have social problems? Have you onced forgotten the flow of watching anime because of an illness and got depressed?, ;-; it actually happened to me Have you ever thought that you watch anime because you need to not becuase you want to?this how you will fix if you forgot the pleasure of watching anime. Have you ever though of thinking that science is the best and elon musk is saving the people silently? Have you reached this level of thinking many possibilities? Have you ever think that human life is not that sad compared to anime characters? Have you ever loved pets but then after watching anime thinks of it as a pain?( ofc Not if your allergic to it ;-;) have you ever think that you learned many more words just because of anime? Have you ever think that watching anime maked you honest? have you ever think that watching anime is your story? Have you ever think that an hour is just a minute? And have you ever searched the word neauralink? This is taking so long it might take how long van hohenheim lived so ill say what is the purpose of telling/sharing this crappy ideology of MINE if you read these and can relate YOU ARE ME AND WE ARE THE SAME, ;-; dont hate me for being these way for i am me and will always be me and this is my opinion and EVERY PEOPLE IS DIFFERENT BUT CAN RELATE TO EACH OTHER, (MIND YOUR OWN BULLCRAP!!!..) And you who can relate to me i can assure that you are a Cultured degenerate hehe ( 8====D happy face ) ill include the fact that have you ever though that your are the mc of your life?

Aug 5, 2021 8:54 PM
Jul 2018
No. Weebs are not smart people.They are one of the dumbest
Aug 5, 2021 9:22 PM
Dec 2018
How can we measure intelligence levels of hardcore anime fans? If anything, I think people who are engaged in academics can be thought of as intelligent.

Weebs typically spend most of their times indulging themselves with anime/manga and other forms of Japanese culture. It is very difficult to ascertain their intelligence unless they are putting out research papers based on concepts featured in anime or Japanese culture.
I like dub more than sub because I am not a weeb.
Aug 6, 2021 2:04 AM

Nov 2018
I don't know, there's not single sign ppl who watch anime in my vicinity.
But I'm prime example after all I was always top 1 in my school life upto 10th grade and back bencher for whole life.
_aLiez_LINAug 6, 2021 4:53 AM
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Aug 6, 2021 4:04 AM
Oct 2018
no i'm a fucking idiot. then again, i'm not a weeb pfft
Aug 6, 2021 4:57 AM

Dec 2018
i don't know, but it's funny how my grades suddenly sky rocketed when i first started seriously watching anime in middle school. but, at the moment, i only know two people who seriously watch anime and they're absolutely smart yeah lmao.
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Aug 6, 2021 8:18 AM

Feb 2020
It's association by an explanatory variable lol. People aren't smart because they watch anime, or vice versa. It just happens to be that the average social and daily life alignment of someone that watches a lot of anime just happens to also have intersections with the slightly above average intelligence person. There's no direct correlation, and thinking about it is sort of silly.
Please sign up for MangAlert! It's a little project I made that I'd really like to see the light of day and some users.

MangAlert! (please sign up!)
GitHub Repo (please star!)
Aug 6, 2021 8:25 AM

Feb 2020
Unfortunately, smart people don't waste there life watching anime.
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Aug 6, 2021 8:33 AM
Feb 2017
you better ask Elon Musk. He is the smartest weeb that I know
Aug 6, 2021 8:35 AM

Sep 2020
i think weebs can be smart, watching anime doesn't really make somebody dumb or smart per say, but weebs can be smart, although all of them aren't.
Aug 6, 2021 8:44 AM

Jun 2016
You are smart if you don't know everything and doesn't turn any argument into
dick measuring contest also smartness got nothing to do with weebs, i know many people who
are dumb and weeb and vice versa.
2023 might be the year where I will be happy. This year is not happy year.
Aug 6, 2021 8:48 AM

Apr 2021
ReegrezSNK said:
Weird people are smarter than normies in most cases.

LOL...............................................................................................................................

Fall 2022 is the most Unforgettable anime season of all time

Aug 6, 2021 10:15 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, quite a few of them (or us) pursue a STEM major in university, most notably in comp sci.
Aug 6, 2021 11:37 AM

Jul 2013
Not if each and every one of them live in a basement they're not. Furthermore, the polls in other threads across the forum still say otherwise about the intelligence or academic performances of a weeaboo.
Aug 6, 2021 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
I don't see why it would be surprising. Being smart doesn't limit your interests or associations.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

31 by WatchTillTandava »»
16 minutes ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

8 by Akuya »»
19 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

56 by RantingMarauder »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Yesterday

18 by Daviljoe193 »»
39 minutes ago

» peak piece

Cyborgium - Mar 28

6 by SnipeStrike »»
44 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.