Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 29, 2021 10:08 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So there's a reason why Rin is designated to protect the Idatens. Being the only Idaten survivor in her backstory, she didn't used to be like herself in the present. Being one full of fear, she worked her ass off together with Prontea to achieve peace for the 800-year run.

And that's to say that the demons under the Grand Demon Lord "Over M" human Obami debating over how to eliminate the new Idaten Deities, that's saying much. Good thing that Ysley noticed it, and pinned it on Rin so that they can meet their match against the strongheaded girl.

Forget about Ysley, Hayato and Paula training against Rin, basically she's OP lols. Nickel came in unnoticed, and the rest are like punching bags for her warm-ups, but against Rin, no matter how strong he is, he stands absolutely no chance against the fully-trained Idaten, bearing punches JoJo "Omae wa Mou Shindeiru." vibes style. DAMN, Rin made it look easy, and not even G13 could fend this massacre off.

Who can defeat the invincible Rin? And Ysley...what does he have under the trick of having scientists under his belt...and helping both Dr. Obami and Prontea for Idaten theory crafting? Well, there's more than meets the eye for this!

Almost crammed the entirety of Volume 2 of the manga for this episode...
KANLen09Jul 29, 2021 11:01 AM
Jul 29, 2021 10:25 AM

Jan 2020
That fight between Nickel vs. Rin was insane, the demons have their ass handed now and it seems like the Idatens have the upper hand. Their reactions were hilarious af when they realized they lost too lmao.
KatoWorksJul 29, 2021 10:50 AM
Jul 29, 2021 10:28 AM

Jun 2019
So, Rin was just like them. Powerless, before she became an absolute beast. Looks like the demons are very few in numbers. That Nickel named demon was hella strong but even he felt short in front of Rin's strength. Idaten's are really scary. Those demons really need to work out quite a lot if they wanna take out her.

Also, the professor is a demon lord. Makes sense for what he was trying to do. That fight was really well done. Pretty impressive stuff. Then, we also got some backstory on Rin and how she became that strong even after being alone for 800 years. I enjoyed the episode.
Jul 29, 2021 10:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Oh yeah Rin vs Nickel, it was good to get more of Rin's backstory and her insane training for hundreds of years, not surprising that she was that OP, especially with the beheading xD, Ysley is still very mysterious though, I want to learn more about him
Jul 29, 2021 10:55 AM
Apr 2016
KANLen09 said:

Damn, really? Even though the manga hasonly 5 volumes so far? It didn't feel rushed though

Jul 29, 2021 10:57 AM

Jul 2017
JanPri said:
KANLen09 said:

Damn, really? Even though the manga hasonly 5 volumes so far? It didn't feel rushed though
It was pretty smooth-sailing for the episode, very tightly paced. It's only if you read the source material, then it feels kinda rushed.
Jul 29, 2021 11:06 AM
Jan 2015
This was a really fun episode
Jul 29, 2021 11:15 AM

Dec 2020
Ysley is planning something and im curious about Prontea and dr obami.
Rin eazy destroy nickel a demon in human form, im more and more love the animation and yeah hayato bro u need to train more with rin.
We see more about rin backstory and how she got so strong.
HiroyasuJul 29, 2021 11:18 AM
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 29, 2021 11:23 AM

May 2018
Wow, this gets better and better.
Also the world is starting to look way more complex than the idea we got from the first two episodes. Like we even have Itaden factions.
Another good news - Akira Ishida is on board.
alshuJul 29, 2021 11:29 AM
Jul 29, 2021 11:24 AM

Oct 2018
Just want to ask:

PAULA FANSERVICE WHEN?
WHEN, MAPPA?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jul 29, 2021 11:43 AM
Dec 2020
KANLen09 said:
JanPri said:

It was pretty smooth-sailing for the episode, very tightly paced. It's only if you read the source material, then it feels kinda rushed.

I read the manga after you said that, imo it's not rushed. I think it's because the manga pages is too short for each chapter that they can made it into one episode.
Jul 29, 2021 11:43 AM
Mar 2021
Late contender for best new Anime of the Season.

Rin is just amazing.
Jul 29, 2021 11:51 AM

Feb 2019
Yea this show is fucking amazing man. Rin beating Nickel’s ass was the best part of my week. The choreography and animation is dope and loving the art, aesthetic of everything. Ysley and prontea look like they have their own agenda going on, never trust a guy with glasses.

I’m wondering if the demons are actually humans that have been genetically altered by a mad scientist aka omni-m hmm
Jul 29, 2021 11:56 AM

Jan 2021
Hahahahah, never underestimate the enemy
Rin is strong. 600 years of training is no mean feat

Essly doing his things hahah, I don't think it's anything evil, but it intrigues me 0.0
Jul 29, 2021 12:18 PM

Jun 2021
So is ysley a bad guy or what ???
Jul 29, 2021 12:22 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So they dispatched Nickel to kill the Idaten deities, but Nickel was no match for Rin who trained for 600 years. Hayato on the other hand was still not strong enough to beat Nickel. I still don't understand why Rin, Paula, and Hayato have not suspected Ysley since he was the one who lured the demons to where they are. He's either trying to get Rin killed or gauging how strong Rin really is.
Jul 29, 2021 1:06 PM

Jan 2021
This is what God of Highschool wishes it could’ve been.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jul 29, 2021 1:48 PM
Mar 2021
Yo_ItzChika said:

Don't think he'll be a bad guy, more just 'I'll side with whoever is winning' type character. I haven't read the manga so this is a complete guess btw.
Jul 29, 2021 1:55 PM
Jul 2020
This shit some heat, probably my favorite MAPPA anime so far I cannot lie
Jul 29, 2021 2:06 PM

Sep 2009
kriissyy12 said:
Yo_ItzChika said:

Don't think he'll be a bad guy, more just 'I'll side with whoever is winning' type character. I haven't read the manga so this is a complete guess btw.

I think it's more like he has his own agenda. Demons want to conquer the world, Idaten do not care and just fight demons. He and his master are sort of the third side. The question is what they want to achieve.
Jul 29, 2021 2:12 PM

Apr 2018
Rin is just way too strong. The demons really acted cocky at their base but died in a second lmao. I feel bad for Hayato, this shows how much weaker he is compared to Rin. And Essly, he's scheming behind everyone's back.

A pretty good ep

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 29, 2021 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
mappa better show some titties soon
Jul 29, 2021 2:51 PM

Aug 2014
The way Paula just stuffed her boobs in Hayato's face as he was waking up and neither one of them reacted... I get why but still.

It sucks this is only going to be eleven episodes.
Jul 29, 2021 4:01 PM

Jun 2014
The fight this episode was sick, Rin is way too OP. Nickel didn't stand a chance.

Ysley looking shady af, I wonder what he and Prontea are up to.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 29, 2021 4:12 PM

Mar 2018
This show is great, I really really hope that there's a second season that will come if it picks up enough traction.
Jul 29, 2021 5:11 PM

Nov 2011
There is some bullshit going on with Ysley and I do not like it. I have a bad feeling something bad is going to happen to Rin but GOD I hope I am wrong.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 29, 2021 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
Episode with a lot of fighting was an episode that had a lot of good animation with strong demon even though it had human appearance in this world and very interesting how Rin got strong even over the years.
Jul 29, 2021 6:07 PM

Aug 2019
I kinda felt something was up with how fast Nickel just got mopped, I guess Ysley is going to play a good part of the plot coming up
Jul 29, 2021 6:09 PM

Nov 2012
Rin is mad OP holy shit. The demons might as well be little more than a distraction/pasttime for her.

Rin's dead pan/stoic nature gives a sort of comedic undertone to her OP status which makes for some genuinely amusing/funny moments throughout this.

It seems more likely that Rin's very own subordinates will pose a more of a threat over said demons. Ysley and Prontea seem to be planning something, how much a threat they'll actually pose against Rin? Who knows.

Very fun episode, went by very fast.
VanishingKiraJul 29, 2021 6:12 PM
Jul 29, 2021 6:19 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Rin finally showed her action and why she got that power. Mostly because of 6 centuries did nothing than trained herself like crazy shit. Battle against her fear and smiled after such a long time. Damn, that was heavy. Well, the last two centuries needed her to find another Idaten to be trained, and thats Prontea, the first Idaten, and the other last three.

The most powerful demon among the intelligence one, Nickle had an honour to test Rin's power. Its a failure. The demon lord must be mistaken the plan, and really need to think some another way. Meanwhile as Yssley already got an idea behind the demon plan, and their failure, he had another agenda within himself. Hiding among the human researchers and their play things. Idk whats the real reason behind those research and whats its role over their battle against the demon. But, that's Prontea for you.

Okay, then. Lets see what else they got after that....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 29, 2021 7:24 PM

Jun 2019
So Rin is basically a power fantasy protagonist. That actually makes things more interesting because this anime at least won’t be a simple hierarchy battle anime. Interesting character motivations all around and the fight did not disappoint the MAPPA name. I’m optimistic this will be pretty enjoyable.
Jul 29, 2021 8:14 PM

Apr 2009
Loved the ost during the fight. Just a all around dope episode.
Jul 29, 2021 8:39 PM
Apr 2020
JanPri said:
KANLen09 said:

the series is a web comic and it got adapted into manga I think they adapt the web comic one and not the manga
Jul 29, 2021 8:42 PM
Apr 2020
RaphaelTobing said:
KANLen09 said:

I read the manga after you said that, imo it's not rushed. I think it's because the manga pages is too short for each chapter that they can made it into one episode.
JanPri said:
KANLen09 said:

the series is a web comic and it got adapted into manga I think they adapt the web comic one and not the manga
RaphaelTobing said:
KANLen09 said:

i think they adapt the web comic one and not the manga.
Jul 29, 2021 9:22 PM
Apr 2020
I guess Yslei interfered a lot with humanity, from what I've seen I would not be surprised if he has his own country and faction on humanity like the demons.
Jul 29, 2021 9:28 PM

Jan 2021
The description of the show on crunchyroll does say that it'll be a 3-way battle royale, so I'm guessing Ysley and that Prontea guy make up the 3rd party. I'm interested to see what they have up their sleeves because Rin is clearly to much to handle for even one of the strongest demons currently residing on Earth.

Jul 30, 2021 12:53 AM
Nov 2018
Marinate1016 said:
Yea this show is fucking amazing man. Rin beating Nickel’s ass was the best part of my week. The choreography and animation is dope and loving the art, aesthetic of everything. Ysley and prontea look like they have their own agenda going on, never trust a guy with glasses.

There is no any indication that anything is wrong with them.

Rin relies on her brute strength too much, stuff she doesn't know doesn't bother her. She intends to overpower any enemy. It is only good as long as it works. 800 years of peace just ended. The enemy is different this time, demons with brains who can work together, plan, adapt and use humans. She dismisses Easley as weakling because he doesn't quite share her conviction that strength is everything.

Easley and Prontea is a missing component, they can analyze the new threat and come with new ideas. They also use humans to achieve their goals. I think they will become the brain of the Idaten operation. Prontea is fully trained by Rin and got some additional powers because of Easley's research. Easley's decision to put tracker on Rin most likely saved Hayato's life.

Paula is something else but she has her own powers. All three "factions" had role to play at the first encounter with demons, it likely to be the case in the future.
Jul 30, 2021 3:06 AM
Apr 2021
gotta say, this show is so clean

it knows the entire plot is just a power scaling fantasy, therefore the show is set up so the entire plot revolves around that power scaling fantasy.
Not only that, but the strategy and intelligence of the less powerful characters makes the world feel real and defined. Everything has consequences and you can follow along with whatever level of intelligence you happen to have without getting triggered by dumb flaws.

It's like a flawless battle seinen. All the fat has been chipped off the bone leaving us with a lean, mean, battle machine.
Jul 30, 2021 3:38 AM
Oct 2015
I'm kinda impressed, ngl. This show finds how to make every scene fun and entertaining somehow and it keeps surpassing itself each ep.

The art style is really striking and I find its color palette similar to Great Pretender's, so far so good from Mappa. Oh, and that fight scene ! Just amazing.

Btw, I really dig both the OP and ED, am I the only one ?

We might be witnessing a seasonal underdog in the making right here, I'm looking forward to the next episodes.
Jul 30, 2021 6:50 AM
Jul 2021
AddaeAkono said:
So they dispatched Nickel to kill the Idaten deities, but Nickel was no match for Rin who trained for 600 years. Hayato on the other hand was still not strong enough to beat Nickel. I still don't understand why Rin, Paula, and Hayato have not suspected Ysley since he was the one who lured the demons to where they are. He's either trying to get Rin killed or gauging how strong Rin really is.

He didn’t lure the demons towards them. They already knew their location. He just switched the tracking device from Hayato to Rin to save Hayato’s life because he knew that whoever they would send would be stronger than Hayato. He put it on Rin because he knew they wouldn’t be able to beat her.
Jul 30, 2021 6:59 AM
Aug 2019
Much better than the first 2 episodes. The show is at its best when focusing on the action. Characters are still thin but at least we have the back story for Rin. God the exposition from Ysley is getting annoying. Also is he a demon or does he have his own agenda or something?
Jul 30, 2021 7:02 AM

Oct 2016
Damn, seeing Rin 800 years ago is pretty unbelievable compared to how she is now lmao, all that 50 years cowering in fear was worth it since she ended up as such a badass. That was one of the most cleanest decapitations I have ever seen in anime. The demons reaction to Nickel and that sniper dude getting clapped was hilarious. Ysley seems sus, but I don't think he's evil, he's just doing some research ya know. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 30, 2021 8:37 AM
Mar 2016
it seems, it is going to be Idaten vs Idaten.
Ysley may have different agenda.
Happy watching
Jul 30, 2021 8:53 AM
Jun 2020
Best episode so far
Did anyone know who is composer?
Cuz the ost really great
Jul 30, 2021 9:05 AM
Nov 2019
This show gonna be the hidden Gem of this season.
Wonderful fight scenes and fluid animation .. The story is getting darker little by little ..
5/5 ..
Jul 30, 2021 9:08 AM
Jun 2015
Xmushroom said:
I guess Yslei interfered a lot with humanity, from what I've seen I would not be surprised if he has his own country and faction on humanity like the demons.
This is what i'm thinking as well, either he or Prontea control their own human Army or are merely aligned with a human nation that exist
Jul 30, 2021 9:23 AM

Feb 2019
FreezePeach said:
Marinate1016 said:

Rin relies on her brute strength too much, stuff she doesn't know doesn't bother her. She intends to overpower any enemy. It is only good as long as it works. 800 years of peace just ended. The enemy is different this time, demons with brains who can work together, plan, adapt and use humans. She dismisses Easley as weakling because he doesn't quite share her conviction that strength is everything.

Easley and Prontea is a missing component, they can analyze the new threat and come with new ideas. They also use humans to achieve their goals. I think they will become the brain of the Idaten operation. Prontea is fully trained by Rin and got some additional powers because of Easley's research. Easley's decision to put tracker on Rin most likely saved Hayato's life.

Paula is something else but she has her own powers. All three "factions" had role to play at the first encounter with demons, it likely to be the case in the future.

Didn’t ask if there was indication. Read and move on. Wasn’t up for debate
Jul 30, 2021 10:14 AM
Nov 2018
Marinate1016 said:
FreezePeach said:

There is nothing to debate indeed. It was a stupid claim not supported by the events in the anime or logic of the situation.

Only "no indication" sentence was related to your dumb comment, the rest was my observations. I don't need your permission to make them. And I had no any intention to debate it with you because you luck mental capacity for the task. Read and move on.
Jul 30, 2021 10:17 AM

Feb 2019
FreezePeach said:
Marinate1016 said:

There is nothing to debate indeed. It was a stupid claim not supported by the events in the anime or logic of the situation.

Only "no indication" sentence was related to your dumb comment, the rest was my observations. I don't need your permission to make them. And I had no any intention to debate it with you because you luck mental capacity for the task. Read and move on.

Not reading all that because I don’t care
Jul 30, 2021 11:24 AM

Apr 2015
Phosphophyllita said:
Just want to ask:

PAULA FANSERVICE WHEN?
WHEN, MAPPA?

Someone asking the proper questions here!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Sep 20, 2021

68 by zerodths »»
Apr 6, 11:44 AM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 7 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 26, 2021

44 by zerodths »»
Apr 6, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 12, 2021

79 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 4 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 5, 2021

48 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 4:27 PM

Poll: » Heion Sedai no Idaten-tachi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jul 22, 2021

71 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 3:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.