Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 29, 2021 6:17 AM
Apr 2021
how bad the ending is watch AOT twice

watch it from start to finish in the first time

then watch it for the second time you'll either laugh or feel so disappointed by every scene knowing the full context of the story

the end has ruined the entire storyline

my rating for the series dropped to 0.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 29, 2021 7:51 AM
we back

Aug 2015
The ending could've been handled so much better, but to say it ruined the entire series is just being overdramatic.
Jul 29, 2021 9:01 AM
Dec 2020
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
The ending could've been handled so much better, but to say it ruined the entire series is just being overdramatic.
nah, thats pretty much in line with how people feel, a lot of the series' iconic scenes especially including Eren feel like a joke.
Jul 29, 2021 9:19 AM

Apr 2013
Did this need another thread? Yeah it sucks.
Jul 29, 2021 11:12 AM

Aug 2018
the ending sucks boo hoo moving on
Jul 30, 2021 1:48 PM
Mar 2015
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:

It ruined the entire medium. When Hideako Anno said anime was a mistake, it's because he saw future memories and knew the ending would be shit.
Jul 30, 2021 2:22 PM
we back

Aug 2015
Pecado_Carnal said:
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:

It ruined the entire medium. When Hideako Anno said anime was a mistake, it's because he saw future memories and knew the ending would be shit.
Attack on Titan ending ruined my entire life 😭😭😭😭I should not have been born into this world 😭 There is nothing left, my life is meaningless 😭😭😭😭
Jul 30, 2021 4:40 PM

Jul 2019
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
Pecado_Carnal said:

Attack on Titan ending ruined my entire life 😭😭😭😭I should not have been born into this world 😭 There is nothing left, my life is meaningless 😭😭😭😭

Yeah he sounded like a little bitch in that comment
Jul 30, 2021 5:10 PM

Aug 2020
Pecado_Carnal said:
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:

Wasn't it hayao miyazaki who said that?
a wise user of MAL said:
Just to clarify, adaptations should absolutely stand on their own
Jul 30, 2021 6:34 PM
Apr 2021
It's bad as people say it,got ending isn't as bad as people say it.
Jul 31, 2021 2:34 AM
Mar 2018
Are you still forgetting about the fact that Eren ended The Titan curse? The sacrifices Erwin and the rest of the scouts made weren't meaningless. The eldian race won't be able to turn into Titans now because Ymir has passed away. Even if Titans do return in the future, it still wouldn't matter because Ymir isn't there to turn people into Titans and I doubt those powers survive in the future considering how outdated they were already becoming after time skip.
Jul 31, 2021 4:39 AM
Jul 2018
The ending sucks thread no. 0173481414

Neil1998 said:
Are you still forgetting about the fact that Eren ended The Titan curse? The sacrifices Erwin and the rest of the scouts made weren't meaningless. The eldian race won't be able to turn into Titans now because Ymir has passed away. Even if Titans do return in the future, it still wouldn't matter because Ymir isn't there to turn people into Titans and I doubt those powers survive in the future considering how outdated they were already becoming after time skip.
Bruh Paradis got destroyed who cares about the titans. their sacrifices were meaningless
Jul 31, 2021 5:24 AM
Mar 2018
Drstop said:

Neil1998 said:
Bruh Paradis got destroyed who cares about the titans. their sacrifices were meaningless

Considering the fact that people still live in Paradis as suggested by the kid we see at the end of the story, it wasn't meaningless. The fact that a war broke out was inevitable. Something like this would have happened in the future even if Eren had killed everyone outside. Even if Armin had succeeded in procuring peace between Eldians and the entire world, humanity would still find a reason to fight with each other because humans never change but we also never stop to find a solution. After all the only way to win is to fight and that very act gives our life meaning.
Jul 31, 2021 5:52 AM
Aug 2018
Neil1998 said:
Drstop said:

Considering the fact that people still live in Paradis as suggested by the kid we see at the end of the story, it wasn't meaningless. The fact that a war broke out was inevitable. Something like this would have happened in the future even if Eren had killed everyone outside. Even if Armin had succeeded in procuring peace between Eldians and the entire world, humanity would still find a reason to fight with each other because humans never change but we also never stop to find a solution. After all the only way to win is to fight and that very act gives our life meaning.

Something else to add onto this train of thought is that if Eren did kill everyone outside the walls Paradis would still fight within itself. Even in the face of global conflict we saw the conflict between the yeagerists and government at the beginning of War for Paradis. Without any external threat its certain there would be some kind of civil war, especially given how controversial the yeagerist rule is shown to be in 139, with other characters who we've followed throughout the series such as Hitch or the journalists unsatisfied with it. War is inevitable, but as long as people continue to fight for a chance at freedom and a solution to conflict for the future, all the past lives have and will have meaning. Every small step towards a possible brighter future is something worth dying for as we've seen through everything the Survey Corps stand for, particularly Erwin and his last speech.
Jul 31, 2021 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
Neil1998 said:
Drstop said:

How would there be a war between paradis and the world if Eren had killed everyone outside
Armong's peace is one of the most stupid things I've seen in my life. Eren has killed 80 percent of the world outside paradis. knowing that, there is no way that a big crime like this would be forgotten in 1000+ years let alone 100+ years
and no, people don't live in paradis because there aren't any people left. paradis got nuked by the outside world
I'm tired of talking about this garbage manga, so let's not talk about it
Jul 31, 2021 6:09 AM
Mar 2018
Drstop said:
Neil1998 said:

How would there be a war between paradis and the world if Eren had killed everyone outside
Armong's peace is one of the most stupid things I've seen in my life. Eren has killed 80 percent of the world outside paradis. knowing that, there is no way that a big crime like this would be forgotten in 1000+ years let alone 100+ years
and no, people don't live in paradis because there aren't any people left. paradis got nuked by the outside world
I'm tired of talking about this garbage manga, so let's not talk about it

Even if Eren killed everyone outside, how much longer before some sort of war breaks out between the Eldians themselves especially with the rise of Yeagerist faction? I mean the same thing happened nearly a century ago during the Great Titan War when they decided to fight themselves. Even Azumabito claimed it would happen in chapter 128 or 129. Killing everyone outside isn't going to maintain world peace but rather it's only going to make the world smaller for them.

Also I literally gave you evidence of someone living in Paradis by the end of the story and you still claim that people don't live there anymore. And if you're tired of talking about this manga then why the hell are you going through a thread specifically designed to talk about it.
Jul 31, 2021 6:43 AM

Oct 2020
Still waiting for the day aot fans move on and find other stuff to read or something.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2021 12:38 PM
Apr 2021
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
Pecado_Carnal said:

before the ending I thought that AOT was the BEST show ever in history (MARVEL, MANGA, DC etc) it was so good that I couldn't enjoy other shows now after the ending I feel so disappointed I spend my days and nights in criticizing AOT on social media instead of watching movies after the entertainment section of my life got ruined.
Jul 31, 2021 12:46 PM
Apr 2021
@Neil1998

Dude there are no people living on Paradise if there they would have rebuilt the destroyed towns of theirs but no, also the titan powers will return this is confirmed by the black birds flying around in the last scene, black birds foreshadow bad things yet to come, as for peace was never an option King Fritz achieved Peace for his people by threat and power unlike Armong Talk no justo, also Lelouch ended the world war and established a new world order, the worst part about this show is Eren's contradictions Eren has contradicted himself 100 times withing the story first he wanted to avenge his mother then it turn out he killed his mother 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡, he the only way to protect Paradise is by destroying the world then gives up on his goal then it turns out that he was right all along, you can't just write random stuff in your story with 1000 contradictions expecting it to be good and be appealing for everyone.
JosephSaber40Aug 2, 2021 1:27 PM
Jul 31, 2021 12:55 PM
we back

Aug 2015
JosephSaber40 said:
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:

before the ending I thought that AOT was the BEST show ever in history (MARVEL, MANGA, DC etc) it was so good that I couldn't enjoy other shows now after the ending I feel so disappointed I spend my days and nights in criticizing AOT on social media instead of watching movies after the entertainment section of my life got ruined.
No sarcasm detected, I shall shed a single tear for you bro.
Aug 3, 2021 1:22 AM
Mar 2018
JosephSaber40 said:
@Neil1998

Dude there are no people living on Paradise if there they would have rebuilt the destroyed towns of theirs but no, also the titan powers will return this is confirmed by the black birds flying around in the last scene, black birds foreshadow bad things yet to come, as for peace was never an option King Fritz achieved Peace for his people by threat and power unlike Armong Talk no justo, also Lelouch ended the world war and established a new world order, the worst part about this show is Eren's contradictions Eren has contradicted himself 100 times withing the story first he wanted to avenge his mother then it turn out he killed his mother 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡, he the only way to protect Paradise is by destroying the world then gives up on his goal then it turns out that he was right all along, you can't just write random stuff in your story with 1000 contradictions expecting it to be good and be appealing for everyone.

You still haven't answered my question: if you claim that everyone in Paradis is dead, then Who the hell was that kid of the end of the story? Was he just roaming around all on his own with a dog? Did he decided to cross the sea and go on a stroll on an another island just for the hell of it?
Aug 3, 2021 1:35 AM
Mar 2018
JosephSaber40 said:
@Neil1998

Also I didn't claim that the Titan powers are not going to coming back. I am saying that even if it did, the Eldian race won't be affected by it because Eren has ended the curse and Ymir is free. She in not there anymore to turn people into Titans. And even if the Titan powers do return, with the way technology was already advancing and how Titans were sort of proving to be obsolete at the start of Season 4, I don't think Titan powers won't last that long in the modern age.
Aug 3, 2021 1:39 AM

Oct 2012
Neil1998 said:
JosephSaber40 said:
@Neil1998

You still haven't answered my question: if you claim that everyone in Paradis is dead, then Who the hell was that kid of the end of the story? Was he just roaming around all on his own with a dog? Did he decided to cross the sea and go on a stroll on an another island just for the hell of it?

It's pointless to try and talk to haters. They didn't get the ending they wanted, so they intentionally interpret every panel of the manga in the worst way possible to fit their agenda of "this is bs".

Just be happy that you ended up satisfied with the manga and ignore the salt. Plenty of people out there who loved the ending who just keep quiet because it's not worth dealing with trolls.
Aug 3, 2021 8:58 AM
Apr 2021
Neil1998 said:
JosephSaber40 said:
@Neil1998

actually I've answered your question, why the child was exploring the island no one knew the reason because of course Isayama didn't explain this in his interview neither in his recent guidebook Isayama kept it vague he even didn't talk about the child that resembles Mikasa and carries her scarf, I would just to mention that the titans can evolve with Time, which means that with evolution they can overpower modern human technology so yeah from the black birds flying around the titan tree in the last scene, we can anticipate that the dark age of titans will return with ruin and destruction, notice also that the kid is entering the titan tree with a dog.
Aug 3, 2021 10:06 AM
Mar 2018
JosephSaber40 said:
Neil1998 said:

actually I've answered your question, why the child was exploring the island no one knew the reason because of course Isayama didn't explain this in his interview neither in his recent guidebook Isayama kept it vague he even didn't talk about the child that resembles Mikasa and carries her scarf

Yeah it's almost like the story is open to interpretation or something. I wonder what that means. I am sorry that he didn't spoon feed the answer for you.
Aug 3, 2021 10:12 AM

Feb 2020
well, ending is bad. but many anime/manga has bad ending. it not the end of the world, now u can move on to next anime
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Aug 3, 2021 4:10 PM
Apr 2021
Adampk said:
well, ending is bad. but many anime/manga has bad ending. it not the end of the world, now u can move on to next anime

this is the problem 139 must be criticized and considered to be a failure by everyone or we will see more trash finales like that, the same mistakes all over again, GOT and now AOT and god knows what's next.

currently I'm interested in 86 but it didn't end just yet and I'm afraid of the ending, the writer must avoid talk no justo and Requiem ending.
Aug 3, 2021 4:24 PM

May 2021
yeah yeah yeah yeah

btw, you could've posted this in the discussion for chapter 139 or the countless amount of others threads about the ending.
Aug 3, 2021 9:21 PM
Jul 2018
Pissayama is the GOAT Mangaka

🐐💩
Aug 3, 2021 10:12 PM

Jul 2017
The real ending is the friends we made along the way
MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA WRYYYYYYYY
Aug 4, 2021 11:33 AM
Apr 2016
The best ending for me of this eren and misaka married have children same of Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
Aug 7, 2021 10:41 AM
Aug 2020
JosephSaber40 said:

then watch it for the second time you'll either laugh or feel so disappointed by every scene knowing the full context of the story

that's why I love this series bro because everything is meaningless. That's why this is my favorite you just have different way of thinking. I love the fact that eren killed his mother and everything was just a paradox happening itself and all lives are nothing but cheap steaks you just don't understand it. I hate last chapter though but till 138 it was fine
Aug 11, 2021 4:33 AM

Mar 2017
My thoughts exactly, that shitty ending ruined the whole thing for me.
Aug 11, 2021 9:30 PM
Jun 2020
TitanXslayer said:
JosephSaber40 said:

that's why I love this series bro because everything is meaningless. That's why this is my favorite you just have different way of thinking. I love the fact that eren killed his mother and everything was just a paradox happening itself and all lives are nothing but cheap steaks you just don't understand it. I hate last chapter though but till 138 it was fine

There was once a story of how a guy used to jack off to literal womans diarrhea. Looks, like I found the guy.

CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
Pecado_Carnal said:

A ending so horrible, that makes everything that has happened till now - POINTLESS. Ofcourse, its gonna ruin the whole story you inbred sad c*nt.
From eren killing his mother to the whole cringevengers and levi joining up with the same people who massacred their squad while laughing about it. The big nose annie.
Aug 11, 2021 9:39 PM
we back

Aug 2015
ImEden said:
TitanXslayer said:

There was once a story of how a guy used to jack off to literal womans diarrhea. Looks, like I found the guy.

CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:

A ending so horrible, that makes everything that has happened till now - POINTLESS. Ofcourse, its gonna ruin the whole story you inbred sad c*nt.
From eren killing his mother to the whole cringevengers and levi joining up with the same people who massacred their squad while laughing about it. The big nose annie.
I'm so sorry for your loss bro, but I kinda don't give a fuck.
Aug 13, 2021 9:09 AM

Jan 2016
JosephSaber40 said:
CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:

LMAO, you spend how many days and nights doing that?
No offense, but go touch some grass.
Alvacka97Aug 13, 2021 9:12 AM
Aug 13, 2021 9:16 AM

Jan 2016
JosephSaber40 said:
Adampk said:

this is the problem 139 must be criticized and considered to be a failure by everyone or we will see more trash finales like that, the same mistakes all over again, GOT and now AOT and god knows what's next.

currently I'm interested in 86 but it didn't end just yet and I'm afraid of the ending, the writer must avoid talk no justo and Requiem ending.
>"139 must be criticized and considered to be a failure by everyone" Good luck convincing over a billion people to share your very specific opinion, sounds like cult leader talk to me xD
Aug 13, 2021 2:10 PM
Apr 2021
Alvacka97 said:
JosephSaber40 said:

>"139 must be criticized and considered to be a failure by everyone" Good luck convincing over a billion people to share your very specific opinion, sounds like cult leader talk to me xD

Imagine if Harry Potter killed his parents, imagine if Heath Ledger's Joker got a redemption ARC, imagine if Batman was the one who killed his parents all along, imagine if Megatron who was once a friend to Optimus got a redemption ARC and became friend with him once again, imagine if Azula one of the best written villain female characters got a redemption, all these series would suck why because conflict true conflict is the driving force for a show its main reason for existence, apply the same writing concepts of AOT to every show and you'll see it will suck horribly.

there are many shows yet to come Chainsaw man, Vinland Saga, 86 and all of these writers must take important notes from the trash finale of AOT.
Aug 13, 2021 2:22 PM

Jan 2016
JosephSaber40 said:
Alvacka97 said:

Imagine if Harry Potter killed his parents, imagine if Heath Ledger's Joker got a redemption ARC, imagine if Batman was the one who killed his parents all along, imagine if Megatron who was once a friend to Optimus got a redemption ARC and became friend with him once again, imagine if Azula one of the best written villain female characters got a redemption, all these series would suck why because conflict true conflict is the driving force for a show its main reason for existence, apply the same writing concepts of AOT to every show and you'll see it will suck horribly.

there are many shows yet to come Chainsaw man, Vinland Saga, 86 and all of these writers must take important notes from the trash finale of AOT.
How do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you gave the entirety of AoT a 1, top kek.
Also Eren didn't kill his mother, learn how to read ;)
Alvacka97Aug 13, 2021 2:35 PM
Aug 17, 2021 4:58 PM

Mar 2018
Kenny and Gabi are still GOATs!!
Aug 17, 2021 5:50 PM

Jan 2021
Sometimes I thought would it be better to just kill everyone rather than keeping them alive with a shitty plot. Tbh it could be handle better

“The first requirement of being a hero isn’t being right. It’s being strong. That’s why the hero always wins.” – Koyomi Araragi

Aug 24, 2021 4:32 AM
Apr 2021
(SPOILERS duh)Uhhh NO sad doesn't mean "bad". Alright have you seen Death note or Code Geass? They all share the same ending. They have the fate of dying but to create a world of peace. Their sacrifice was a great twist and I could watch it 100 times and still be surprised. Besides this was the ending the wrighter wanted. It is a beatiful work of art, "thank you, Eren".
Aug 25, 2021 3:34 PM
Apr 2021
Vindel0113 said:
(SPOILERS duh)Uhhh NO sad doesn't mean "bad". Alright have you seen Death note or Code Geass? They all share the same ending. They have the fate of dying but to create a world of peace. Their sacrifice was a great twist and I could watch it 100 times and still be surprised. Besides this was the ending the wrighter wanted. It is a beatiful work of art, "thank you, Eren".

Code Geass ending is overrated, didn't like the final scene, but it didn't half third of the cringe dialogues of AOT ending, didn't watch Death Note as for
Besides this was the ending the wrighter wanted. It is a beatiful work of art, "thank you, Eren".

the 8 extra pages prepares for a sequel which pretty much confirms how Isayama was forced to ruin his series in order to continue his story, he contradicted all his vision he talked about in previous interviews, he said his favourite character is the one who doesn't lie, he said having things that doesn't play major role in the story isn't good and proceeds to write Historia's baby for no reason, anyone who can analyze the context of the final chapter will realize that whoever wrote this chapter intended to ruin the series on purpose.
Aug 25, 2021 8:35 PM

Jan 2016
JosephSaber40 said:
Vindel0113 said:

Code Geass ending is overrated, didn't like the final scene, but it didn't half third of the cringe dialogues of AOT ending, didn't watch Death Note as for
Besides this was the ending the wrighter wanted. It is a beatiful work of art, "thank you, Eren".

the 8 extra pages prepares for a sequel which pretty much confirms how Isayama was forced to ruin his series in order to continue his story, he contradicted all his vision he talked about in previous interviews, he said his favourite character is the one who doesn't lie, he said having things that doesn't play major role in the story isn't good and proceeds to write Historia's baby for no reason, anyone who can analyze the context of the final chapter will realize that whoever wrote this chapter intended to ruin the series on purpose.
Both the editor and Isayama already stated they have no intention of making sequels.
Aug 27, 2021 6:44 PM

Jul 2021
bruh what ru talking about all of eldia will die did you even rea the ending marly is going to attack them they have 1 mil ppl max 20% of eldia is around 400 MILLION PEOPLE AND TEH ISLAND IS BEHIND IN TECHNOLAGY THEY ARE FINISHED all of the sacrifices are for nothing because there all going to die anyway lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Aug 28, 2021 12:07 AM
Aug 2021
It's the most ridiculous thing in aot
Aug 29, 2021 12:54 PM
Apr 2021
@Alvacka97
Both the editor and Isayama already stated they have no intention of making sequels.

it's too early to judge now wait at least years after the anime finishes airing, Isayama retconned previous interviews and this may be one of them.
Aug 30, 2021 4:08 AM
Aug 2019
Marloges said:
Neil1998 said:

It's pointless to try and talk to haters. They didn't get the ending they wanted, so they intentionally interpret every panel of the manga in the worst way possible to fit their agenda of "this is bs".

Just be happy that you ended up satisfied with the manga and ignore the salt. Plenty of people out there who loved the ending who just keep quiet because it's not worth dealing with trolls.

What's funny is that they get mad if you tell them this. Despite the fact that it is obvious that the only reason they hate the ending is because they didn't get what they wanted, they will never admit it
Aug 31, 2021 2:55 PM
Apr 2021
Dany2100 said:
Marloges said:

What's funny is that they get mad if you tell them this. Despite the fact that it is obvious that the only reason they hate the ending is because they didn't get what they wanted, they will never admit it

if this isn't a bad ending then what's a bad ending.
Sep 3, 2021 1:54 AM
Mar 2018
JosephSaber40 said:
Dany2100 said:

if this isn't a bad ending then what's a bad ending.

Game of Thrones is a bad ending. Rise of Skywalker is a bad ending.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.