Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2021 10:24 AM

Apr 2018
Let's settle this once and for all! What is the best type of "dere"!?!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 19, 2021 10:26 AM

Nov 2019
Kuudere without a doubt. They just connect differently.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Jul 19, 2021 10:32 AM
Jan 2019
Senjou-dere clears all deres.Senjougahara's character is really unique as she has 3 different 'dere' personalities.I will have to vote danderes for this one as i can relate more to them tho.
Jul 19, 2021 10:33 AM

Oct 2018
So many good Kuudere out there and senpai uses that girl from Angel Beats
Oh God, why did you leave me behind?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jul 19, 2021 10:33 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Kuudere is winning as of this post. Tragic, considering they're the most fucking lame.

Anyway, put my vote in for deredere.

Jul 19, 2021 10:34 AM
Jul 2018
Ever since I learned what a kuudere was its been no competition. Only a perfect tsundere (makise kurisu, chitoge imo) can be better than even an above average kuudere
Jul 19, 2021 10:36 AM

Aug 2018
idk there's something rewarding about seeing a tsun finally let down her guard for a minute. Pretty sure that's the reason they became popular in the first place. Truly the Dark Souls of waifu archetypes.
Jul 19, 2021 10:37 AM

Oct 2015
Kuudere are the cutest ! So here goes my vote.
Jul 19, 2021 10:42 AM

Nov 2015
If magikarp is Bakadere, i vote for him anytime.
Jul 19, 2021 10:42 AM

Aug 2020
Ultimate_Sam said:
Senjou-dere clears all deres.Senjougahara's character is really unique as she has 3 different 'dere' personalities.I will have to vote danderes for this one as i can relate more to them tho.
Oh man. Don't destroy the competition like that.
Jul 19, 2021 10:44 AM

Aug 2020
I voted for Kuudere because they are mostly good.

Tsundere would have been my choice if absolute bitches like Asuka didn't exist. Makise Kurisu is the best tsundere ever.
Jul 19, 2021 10:45 AM

Oct 2018
I will never understand how people can be into tsunderes. They are so much work. Nisekoi was so goddamn frustrating to watch and Chitoge basically made me hate the more violent archetype.

Jul 19, 2021 10:49 AM

Sep 2018
I voted bakadere for Yotsuba Nakano, Mayuri Shiina, Atsuko Kagari and Chika Fujiwara, but kamidere and deredere are also pretty cool.
Jul 19, 2021 10:51 AM

Nov 2020
tsunderes are overrated. but I’ll choose whatever dere Kanna is
Jul 19, 2021 11:00 AM

Jul 2017
Tsundere is definitely my favorite, Sadodere is my 2nd favorite. Yandere is probably my 3rd favorite.
Jul 19, 2021 11:05 AM

Feb 2020
there is charm in tsundere which other dere just don't captures for me. (though taiga is a better tsundere than rin. I think probably only tsundere i really ever hated is tensei mushoku girl)
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jul 19, 2021 11:09 AM
Jul 2018
Tsundere = Kuudere > Yandere > Dandere > Deredere > Sadodere > Bakadere > Kamidere
Jul 19, 2021 11:30 AM
Jul 2018
Kuudere ftw.
30charactercringelimit
Jul 19, 2021 11:30 AM

Aug 2018
tsundere = dandere > deredere > the other deres
Jul 19, 2021 11:31 AM

Apr 2021
Kamidere. ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎
Jul 19, 2021 11:37 AM

Dec 2020
none of them but deredere and kuudere's are actually pretty bearable to me, though i rarely prefer kuudere types than deredere ones so deredere >>>>

tsundere as "hypocrite" LMFAO we know which type op dislikes
Jul 19, 2021 1:24 PM

Nov 2020
Nice poll but I can't pick one because I like all "Dere" type. I think it's beautiful if every female characters have their unique personality.
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Jul 19, 2021 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
If Haruhi is kamidere, then kamidere is the answer
Jul 19, 2021 1:29 PM

Oct 2020
Tsunderes are clear. Derederes are close 2nd though.

tsundere>deredere>bakadere>kuudere>dandere>rest of dere

Jul 19, 2021 1:31 PM

Dec 2019
Even tho they are like complete opposites of each other, Yandere and Kuudere.
Jul 19, 2021 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
Derederes are my favorite type of waifu.
Jul 19, 2021 1:54 PM
Jul 2018
kuudere, or probably dandere if I had to pick two.
Jul 19, 2021 2:10 PM

May 2020
Easily Kuudere,and besides them it may be deredere
Jul 19, 2021 2:15 PM

Dec 2019
Deredere for Shoujo lovers, because girls have a positive attitude.

Tsundere = Cancer
Jul 19, 2021 3:11 PM

Jan 2020
I like my kuuderes the most for the most part

Jul 19, 2021 3:27 PM
Jun 2020
none honestly, the "-deres" are basically stereotyping a character personality by making it some sort of archetype, and it seems it only works/is applied in anime, since you don't see anyone saying "x character is a yandere" in a TV show, it's just annoying summarizing a character with that, it makes them one-dimensional
Nissan 350Z
Jul 19, 2021 3:28 PM

Jul 2019
I'll take Bakadere. I'm surprised that even existed, lmao.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 19, 2021 3:30 PM

Aug 2018
Tall_Tapper said:
none honestly, the "-deres" are basically stereotyping a character personality by making it some sort of archetype, and it seems it only works/is applied in anime, since you don't see anyone saying "x character is a yandere" in a TV show, it's just annoying summarizing a character with that, it makes them one-dimensional

Tropes don’t exist in western media!!!
Jul 19, 2021 3:35 PM

Oct 2010
yandere are the best, everyone should love a yandere or else...
Jul 19, 2021 5:20 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
ThousandCuts said:
I will never understand how people can be into tsunderes. They are so much work. Nisekoi was so goddamn frustrating to watch and Chitoge basically made me hate the more violent archetype.

You know what? I don't like tsundere. I don't hate them, but I don't like them, either. But at least they have a fucking personality. They *do* shit. And that idea of being a tsundere is open to be taken in multiple different directions and has a variety of possible ways it can be implemented. It's understandable how people can find them fun characters to watch.

What the fuck do kuudere add to anything, though? It's an archetype about making characters as bland and lifeless as possible. I don't think I've ever seen a case where the kuudere was able to be anything else other than a pointless, tacked-on addition to the rest of the cast, or was an anchor on the show itself because of the tendency for kuudere to have really dogshit character drama to explain why they're devoid of any life of personality or intrigue or fun interactions or *anything.*

Imagine Kore wa Zombie without fucking Eucliwood being there - a lively cast with a fun dynamic that didn't end up getting bogged down by a character whose most interesting interactions came from the other character's *imaginations.* The shitty character drama of "I feel all of the pain of those I revive, I'm powerful, I'm a monster, do you hate me?" wouldn't have been slapped in to justify why she's a fucking kuudere and it could've focused more on being a stupid, absurd H&E comedy where magical girls wielded fucking chainsaws and vampire ninjas had giant tits. But fuck it. Let the kuudere hold back the series' strengths to focus on really dumb character drama that has such an extreme tonal dissonance with everything happening around it that it might as well be part of a different fucking show. They need to justify why she's there even though she doesn't fucking do anything, after all. Otherwise, her entire existence would be sitting in the fucking living room while the rest of the cast went out and had the fun and saw the action.

And what can you *do* with a kuudere? You're pretty much limited to making them the object of gobshite character drama in a series where it often doesn't fit, or making them respond to other character's actions with a silly, unamused face, "hee the stoic and unemotional character looks at the other character like they're kind of dumb!" - truly the pinnacle of comedy.

By making a character so inexpressive and void of personality and then shoehorning it into a -dere archetype, which will automatically lock that character into romance-oriented series or harem&ecchi series, the number of paths you can take that character are whittled down into near-nothing. That is the inherent issue with premising an entire romantic interest archetype with having very little interactivity. You can't stretch it beyond a small number of works before pretty much every idea that you can explore with the archetype has been explored. It's literally the only -dere archetype where people who want to bitch about -dere archetypes lacking variety and diversity could make a legitimate point, and that's because it's fundamental to what a kuudere is in the first place.

Worst -dere archetype. Hate tsundere for being loud and obnoxious, that's all understandable and fair, but a bad tsundere will often be less damaging to her series than even a good example of a kuudere would be, because a good kuudere still won't be able to fucking bounce off of the characters around her in any decent or interesting way. That ground has been trodden to death because there's so little of it to actually tread in the first place.

The loud, obnoxious brat might be more offensive than the lifeless robot in a vacuum, but when you have to talk about the bigger picture of the given series they're in - or, god forbid, how the archetypes are reiterated in many different series - the loud, obnoxious brat is going to have a wider array of interpretations at her disposal. That wider array of interpretations means that people can have an easier time finding interpretations of that archetype that they actually like, which in turn will open them up to the idea of the archetype. The lifeless robot, having a much more limited range of interpretations as per her character premise, remains static. You either like it and are fine with watching the same limited repertoire of ideas be reiterated, or you dislike it and there's not really much room for the character type to be able to change your mind and open you up to the idea.
ManabanJul 19, 2021 5:58 PM

Jul 19, 2021 5:37 PM

Nov 2018
Voted Kuudere. After Yukino is there. Their cold personality really motivate me.
But I also like Tsundere.
So it's 51 49 to both sides.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Jul 19, 2021 5:41 PM

Nov 2020
i can't choose between kuudere and tsundere, but in this case i'll go with kuudere

bocchi is love, bocchi is life.
Jul 19, 2021 5:41 PM

May 2021
it’s tsundere for me

when done right it can make for a very fun character to watch—two recent favorites for me being kaguya and nagatoro
Jul 19, 2021 6:00 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
_aLiez_ said:
Voted Kuudere. After Yukino is there.

Yukino's not a kuudere, though. Being outright insensitive in how curt and matter of fact you are isn't kuu, fam. She's just a bitch.

Think Kanade Tachibana. Think Eucliwood Hellscythe. Here. Here. Here. Here. List goes on.
ManabanJul 19, 2021 6:05 PM

Jul 19, 2021 6:02 PM

Aug 2018
JessicaKari said:
it’s tsundere for me

when done right it can make for a very fun character to watch—two recent favorites for me being kaguya and nagatoro

Don't let the Nagatoro fans catch you calling her a tsundere. They hate when people do that.
Jul 19, 2021 6:10 PM

May 2021
epidemia78 said:
JessicaKari said:
it’s tsundere for me

Don't let the Nagatoro fans catch you calling her a tsundere. They hate when people do that.

Oh no! She really seemed like one to me I didn’t know. Sorry Nagatoro fans!! 🖤
Jul 19, 2021 6:25 PM

Dec 2020
Dragevard said:
lizzziziz said:
none of them but deredere and kuudere's are actually pretty bearable to me, though i rarely prefer kuudere types than deredere ones so deredere >>>>

tsundere as "hypocrite" LMFAO we know which type op dislikes

Actually... I voted for Tsundere....
oh what ................... Well !
Jul 19, 2021 7:17 PM

Nov 2018
Manaban said:
_aLiez_ said:
Voted Kuudere. After Yukino is there.

Yukino's not a kuudere, though. Being outright insensitive in how curt and matter of fact you are isn't kuu, fam. She's just a bitch.

Think Kanade Tachibana. Think Eucliwood Hellscythe. Here. Here. Here. Here. List goes on.

So, just coz a kid don't like a character, he's making his own definition to make her fit into his criteria. He's basically saying yukino is bitch and Miura is goddess LMAO.
And those examples really killed me hard. At least try to give a decent example like Mashiro Shiina.
Even if you change her definition. A Kuudere always means this "kuudere is the cool one, very cool and unemotional but show his/her sweetness later on the series.Also most of the kuudere are smart." see boi, yukino fits here 100% perfectly.
I get you hate her. No one can change your mind.
After all it's human personality.
2nd, I hate arguing. It takes lots of time, which I don't have. This will be my last reply.
So, if you still think she's not Kuudere. Then
Why not make a bet. Just create a thread "Is yukino a Kuudere?" with poll "yes or no". If you win. I'll remove oregairu from my top 1 fav list. Or even remove my current account from MAL without single hesitation. But what will you do? If I win.
Choice upto you. Just don't come with your argument. It only looks like, I'm talking to a kid.
"When they're alive, you can enjoy watching them struggle. When they're dead, you can enjoy tearing out their guts. Tales are things you get to enjoy twice."
Jul 19, 2021 8:12 PM

Apr 2020
I like both Tsundere and Dandere. Idk which one I like the most.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2021 8:18 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
_aLiez_ said:
Manaban said:

So, just coz a kid don't like a character, he's making his own definition to make her fit into his criteria. He's basically saying yukino is bitch and Miura is goddess LMAO.
And those examples really killed me hard. At least try to give a decent example like Mashiro Shiina.
Even if you change her definition. A Kuudere always means this "kuudere is the cool one, very cool and unemotional but show his/her sweetness later on the series.Also most of the kuudere are smart." see boi, yukino fits here 100% perfectly.
I get you hate her. No one can change your mind.
After all it's human personality.
2nd, I hate arguing. It takes lots of time, which I don't have. This will be my last reply.
So, if you still think she's not Kuudere. Then
Why not make a bet. Just create a thread "Is yukino a Kuudere?" with poll "yes or no". If you win. I'll remove oregairu from my top 1 fav list. Or even remove my current account from MAL without single hesitation. But what will you do? If I win.
Choice upto you. Just don't come with your argument. It only looks like, I'm talking to a kid.

What in the actual fuck are you trying to communicate

Jul 19, 2021 8:31 PM

Apr 2019
Deredere is the only one with an example I actually like. I mean, that's to be expected of the only "dere" trait that doesn't generally sucks.
Jul 19, 2021 8:37 PM

May 2019
Kuudere is favorable for me. Well done tsundere is also my favorite. It's even better when there is a mix between both.

Jul 19, 2021 9:10 PM

Feb 2020
Deredere and Bakadere are my choices. I like genki girls which share their energy with others. And also like dumb girls cause most of them are naive and are fun to be with.

Now combine these two into one girl and boom, a good waifu is born.
Jul 20, 2021 12:03 AM

Jan 2020
I prefer kuudere , they are silent, only talks when needed , mysterious and has class.

Tsunderes mostly are annoying and bitchy (except Rin)
Yandere , man what? Are you sick?
Danderes are too sensitive, one mistake and my anxiety will kicked in
And you can't take derederes seriously , sometimes they are annoying
Хайде, хайде, хайде, това е първата зона, брато, първа зона, първа зона, добре, добре, добре, това става тук горе, отива тук горе, само спокойно, само спокойно... Ха, отдясно е, навсякъде отдясно отдясно къде е дясното ти о да добре добре добре тихо мълчаливо не успях да се съсредоточа върху това ЕХ ТЪПАК КОГАТО СИ БАВНО БАВНО ... ой е путката на моето момиче прасе куче, аз Чувствам се добре, о, мамо, *шамар*, какво е това госпожице татко-
Jul 20, 2021 12:09 AM
Jan 2009
Tsunderes are the best archetipe and always will be
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

166 by TheMinkalex »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 3 hours ago

12 by Zettaiken »»
5 minutes ago

» Is this the most well-animated, fluidest fighting sequence in anime history?

SgtBateMan - 3 hours ago

3 by Zettaiken »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

28 by Luc36 »»
8 minutes ago

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

20 by LNW_R92CP »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.