Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 14, 2021 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Ilulu can be more sensitive than I had thought. Good thing there's Tooru that came to support her.

Episode was pretty entertaining imo with some cuteness (Kanna) and fan service (Kobayashi in a towel LOL). Kobayashi unleashing her abilities again is probably my favorite part of the episode. Kyoto Animation really boosted the overall quality.
Jul 14, 2021 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
Dang, Ilulu's backstory is pretty much one that the adult dragons have dictated her way of living, it's sad to see such atrocity that has never changed between same beings.

As everyone have surmised, Ilulu literally turned Kobayashi into a guy with a literate dick (as expected of Cool-kyou Shinja's themes), and even though her appearance hasn't changed much, she has to tread this fine line very carefully.

Kanna and Tohru watching a kids show, and Kobayashi is constantly attacked both back and forth through skinship. Still though, the dick "implementation" in retaliation of the war between dragons, and Tohru is ready to get her action down. That's a turn off though, but eventually things return to normal.

Welp, Ilulu has some troubles of her own, and Cremene the Harmony Dragon came after her, while Kobayashi ponders over what is wrong between the different dragon factions. And to find Ilulu almost being killed by Cremene, that's an unsightly thing to see. Good thing that Kobayashi saved her out of trouble, and interrogating her about her hatred for co-existence between humans and dragons with her backstory, and Kobayashi understands all that trouble. Trying to change her perception while against Cremene, Tohru and the oher dragons came to their timely aid to teach him a lesson, send him back to their world and erase his memories.

We all know about Kobayashi's life, but not her hidden thoughts in detail, and that's changed with the dragons entering her solitude of a life. Getting Ilulu used to the human life and babysitting her for Tohru, it's a difficult situation without getting into fights and getting her any interest...other than being a dragon prostitute, but a child-like child first and foremost like Kanna.

Lovely episode. Time for Saikawa to meet Ilulu next episode!
KANLen09Jul 14, 2021 10:49 AM
Jul 14, 2021 8:30 AM

Apr 2020
Iruru turned Kobayashi into a guy, it must be hard for Kobayashi.
Tohru was furious when Kobayashi was hurt by someone.

Finally Iruru accepted Kobayashi, I like the current atmosphere.
Iruru wants to enter elementary school? impossible with breasts like that, lmao.
Jul 14, 2021 8:40 AM

Apr 2016
So yeah, ehh ... well how to start uhh ... i was expecting all kinds of things to happen in the second season .. but to see Kobayashi actually being turn into a reverse trap was not one of them lmao. Not gonna lie, kinda weird ... but i guess this goes without saying when the mangaka is a former hentai artist lol.

We still continue to watch, but with a cautious interest.
Jul 14, 2021 8:41 AM

Jun 2019
So... Ilulu basically gave Kobayashi a dick just as I expected at the end of the last episode and I'm confused now. LOL. Not a girl now. I guess for that time being. Kanna cute as ever and we also saw Kobayashi in a towel, that's a nice surprise. We also got to meet Cremene, the Harmony dragon in this episode who was obviously after Ilulu but nice to see that Tohru and others supporting and helping her through all this.

I love how Tohru is so protective of Kobayashi. No one messes with Kobayashi in her presence. Ilulu finally calmed down and has accepted Kobayashi as well. Another dragon in her life. Nice. Another great episode.
Jul 14, 2021 9:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least Kobayashi's "penis" disappeared quickly, but well that was weird
Iruru just wanted to play with humans but was forbidden to, she has a quite sad past :/
Thoru had a short but really awesome action scene, the animation was just as great as episode 1 during this scene
And well now Iruru is already on the "good" side and living with Kobayashi, that's great xD
Jul 14, 2021 9:34 AM

Feb 2021
I loved this episode a lot more than the last one. ngl I cried when they were showing illulu's past lol
my candies:
Jul 14, 2021 9:44 AM

Jan 2017
I just can't..... SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!

Well Kobayashi had her "thing" for only few days but I'm sure that on the next Comiket we will get some interesting doujinshi.
Dudi4PoLFrJul 14, 2021 9:51 AM
Jul 14, 2021 9:49 AM
Oct 2013
Dudi4PoLFr said:
I just can't..... SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!

Well Kobayashi had her "think" for only few days but I'm sure that on the next Comiket we will get some interesting doujinshi.
you're thinking exactly what I was thinking about the doujinshi
Jul 14, 2021 9:50 AM

Dec 2020
Illulu get attacked by a dragon from the harmonic fraction.
I like to see how cute that was with tohru and kobayashi.
Kobayashi is such a nice person. Illulu want to know more about kobayashi and tohru can’t accept that she now love here. This episode was over so quickly.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 14, 2021 9:51 AM

Jul 2011
How strong are the humans from Tooru world, to even get to kill dragons in a dragon village?

I wasn't into continue watching because how Tooru is OP and was making boring , but now that we have Ilulu with Animal Crossing hands and having flaws, I will stay watching.
Jul 14, 2021 9:51 AM
Oct 2013
I feel like this season will be even greater than the 1st though I still haven't read the manga I'm too impatient about waiting for the next episode
Jul 14, 2021 9:53 AM
Dec 2020
Amazing episode. No surprise there, except for the fact Kobayashi got a dick LOL I have some of the manga but Ima wait until the anime is done :)
Jul 14, 2021 9:55 AM

Apr 2020
This episode is great and hilarious. I really like Iruru back story for this episode, really give more of a reason why she disliked humans so much, I also find this episode very wholesome. When Kobayashi was protecting Iruru, I found that very charming, and Tohru protecting Kobayashi too by attacking the other dragon was pretty cool. The animation was amazing in this episode as well, even more amazing then episode 1. Overall, I really like this episode and I’ll definitely look forward to episode 3.
(Really love you Kyoto Animation)
Nina supporter for life💕
Jul 14, 2021 9:56 AM

Apr 2014
Kobayashi-san grew a dick!!!! lmao... It was a 'hard' time for her.
何それ?意味分かんない

Sep 2019
Kobayashi's reactions to Kanna and Tohru were hilarious. I was happy when I heard Sugita, too bad his life in world didn't last long lmao. I have to praise Tohru for the clothes she chose for Ilulu, long shirt and thigh highs look amazing on her.

Oct 2017
Kobayashi indeed became a guy and her reactions when Tohru and Kanna were near were the best. Tohru with bathing towel was great and her attacking Kobayashi the moment she noticed was hilarious.

Ilulu has finally joined their family and wow lol so she was already making her breasts smaller. Wonder how large they originally are. Also nice it's confirmed that she's same age as Tohru.
MegamiRemJul 14, 2021 11:21 PM

Apr 2020

That's really clever, KyoAni xD

┌─❈❇❈─┐

└─❈❇❈─┘

Jul 14, 2021 9:57 AM
Jan 2021
in ep 1 i disliked lulu but now knowing her backstory i feel bad for her but damn seeing that dragon dude get annihilated by tohoru was so satisfying. Also seeing tohoru jealous of lulu is so cute.
Jul 14, 2021 9:58 AM
Jan 2021
Leysoh said:

i dont understand it.... please someone explain it to me.
Jul 14, 2021 9:58 AM

May 2020
Another amazing episode I love it it’s cute sad happy funny in the same time its just so good can’t wait for next ep….ngl I like Ilulu so far (not for her design I don’t rly mind it)
Fun Things Are Fun - Yui Hirasawa
Jul 14, 2021 9:59 AM
Jun 2020
Sugita finally voiced a character in this anime (that dragon who came after Ilulu).
Jul 14, 2021 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
damn, Tohru's entry was so cool.

top-notch work, as expected from KyoAni, only love for them
Jul 14, 2021 10:11 AM

Sep 2011
I have just watched the episode 2... So, is Ilulu going to live with Kobayashi? lol
Jul 14, 2021 10:15 AM

Feb 2019
Episode went by too damn fast! Loved how they wove Illulu’s flashbacks to her childhood in that conversation with Kobayashi. Really did a good job of creating an emotional moment. We got a little bit of everything that makes Dragon Maid so great today. Fights, sexual innuendos, emotional moments and humour. So glad to have Kyoani back.

“If you do that, then IM doing her” 😂😂
Jul 14, 2021 10:15 AM
Anime Cat

Aug 2017
The OP visual has teased Ilulu's past. Excited for the resolve but I never expect it to be done in this episode. Thanks to Kobayashi's intuition and Tohru stalking over Kobayashi. Well, the main genre is slice of life, anyway. So, I don't really care about the pace. After all, it opened the chance to see more side of Ilulu.

And in the same episode, it does. She is unstable over emotional things and surprisingly calm over unemotional things. At best, she is able to stay put the entire Kobayashi's worktime just to think what would she do next. And the answer got Tohru real panicked. 2 female dragons fighting over a female human, lmao. Weird harem, and I enjoyed it.
Jul 14, 2021 10:20 AM

May 2021
Happy Kobayashi was there for Ilulu. I understand where the dragons were coming from however, being that the humans in that world attacked them constantly. Looking forward to the next episode.
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 14, 2021 10:26 AM

Oct 2019
I'm going to assume that Kobayashi was only more aware of her attraction to Tooru (and uh Kanna I guess) because she was consciously trying not to get a boner.

At least that's more logical and character driven than "being a guy makes her sexually attracted to girls now," which is so stupid it's not funny otherwise.

That aside, I love how the comparatively plotless first season is becoming relevant this time around, since all that was for Kobayashi to feel as she does now about Ilulu. That made the writing with her very strong, and deservedly dramatic in the second half, and allowed me to genuinely believe in Ilulu's development.

The hand part was hysterical. I loved Kobayashi's "give me like 5% of that!" crack.

I'm sure future episodes aren't going to be as plot heavy, like Ilulu will devolve into her shtick until the climax maybe, but even so this episode gave me faith that this season could be a 9/10 for me if the writing continues to be this good, funny and character-driven
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2021 10:29 AM

Apr 2018
Once again, a wholesome and funny episode, animation is great, OST is good.. and the third dragon joins the Kobayashi family.

Tohru is such a supportive character, seriously love her.. She was scary af when that Harmony dude slapped Kobayashi. Never mess with her unless you want to die.
Ilulu ''let's have sex'' LOL, she's different from what I thought.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 14, 2021 10:35 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Thank lord the reverse plot was short and funny, I couldn't help but feel awkward about it though xD.

Ilulu's backstory was pretty sad but Kobayashi-san standing up for her was nice to see. Tohru beating the heck out of the assassin was pretty darn cool, great to see the goods from KyoAni.

Tohru and Ilulu's bonding scenes were fun to watch, lol.

Looking forward to more of this!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 14, 2021 10:39 AM

Jan 2021
Hormones, hormones, hormones, this season is off to a strong start 😂
It's a good thing she didn't give in, although it was difficult...

Ahhh, Tohru, I'm so relieved. Now Ilulu can finally fulfil her dream, she's very cute when she wants to be

DORAEMON REFERENCE?!

Clas1ckJul 14, 2021 10:42 AM
Jul 14, 2021 10:45 AM
Feb 2021
LOVED this episode. It was a little weird when Kobayashi had male parts and that Ilulu wanted to... well...
Especially when Kanna was There and could hear it al
Jul 14, 2021 10:48 AM
Sep 2020
Kyoto have definitely made they stand and all I can think off it the return of the king
Jul 14, 2021 10:55 AM

May 2009
This was both a great episode and an upsetting one!

First of all, on Mini Dragon, Kobayashi actually admits stealthly that she and Tohru are a couple. HOWEVER!!!! Most of this episode is spent on "erasing" any possibility that Kobayashi would ever feel attracted to Tohru as a woman. It'd make much more sense to have Kobayashi feeling stressed and freaking out over the fact that guys struggle more with hiding boners than any women will with their own sexual arousal. It would still make the episode funny, coherent and give more character development.

Unless Tohru and Kobayashi end up together, this series will feel like a huge waste. :/

Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
Jul 14, 2021 10:59 AM

Feb 2020
This is Fafnir erasure and I won't stand for it
Jul 14, 2021 11:09 AM
Feb 2021
1\5 Did not see Kobayashi's penis

Jk I did actually like this episode. I liked the first episode of the season better but this one was still a lot of fun! I also like that Ilulu and Tohru are pretty much in the same situation. They were both saved by Kobayashi and got attracted to her because of it.

4\5 Great episode
Jul 14, 2021 11:13 AM

Jun 2021
Another fantastic episode, which is what I'll likely post 10 more times this season

One thing I'll say is that the way they show and draw Ilulu's past trauma is really great and it's one of many things that Ishihara does a phenomenal job. I know some people just want this show to be fun and jokes, but I really like the different stylistic approach taken by Ishihara, and at the same time also paying respects to the style of S1.
Jul 14, 2021 11:20 AM

Nov 2014
Those hands. Totally unexpected bomb. It killed me.
Jul 14, 2021 11:25 AM

Jul 2019
Tohru's storm rage form was uber cool, so much for this coward slug.

Ilulu had a mental breakthrough in her relationship with humans and it's good, now she needs to find some ground to stand on in this world.

Yeah, I definitely love the vibes of the show.
Jul 14, 2021 11:29 AM

Dec 2016
Why did Kobayashi got all aroused when she saw Tohru in a bath towel but she completely switched gears when she saw her completely naked?
Jul 14, 2021 11:43 AM

Nov 2016
That children TV show instantly reminded me of Uramichi Oniisan, lol.

A shame that there wasn't any futa action.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 14, 2021 11:53 AM

Jan 2019
Kimurah said:
Why did Kobayashi got all aroused when she saw Tohru in a bath towel but she completely switched gears when she saw her completely naked?
That confused me too! Kobayashi got turned off seeing Tohru naked because she took off the maid dress but it’s not like Tohru was wearing the maid dress during the bath towel scene.

I guess it’s probably since she was hyper aware of her situation during the bath towel scene?
Jul 14, 2021 12:00 PM

Aug 2020
AHHAHAHAHHAH Now THIS is peak cool kyou content .

from dick growth to questionable arousal moments to almost futanari sex scene to melodrama to character development to top 10 anime rage moment to incredible direction ( it was brilliant btw) to probably one of the most disgusting things i have ever seen in my entire fucking life.

seriously , that hand scene is gonna haunt me forever . I hope to god they get rid of it .
Kimurah said:

Jul 14, 2021 12:17 PM
Jun 2021
Absolutely loved this episode! The Ilulu hand scene was super funny. The mix of drama, comedy and everything was perfect even though so much jumbled. And would have failed in every other situation most likely.

It'd be amazing if this slice of life also takes on a more intricate plot and lore while maintaining the same old SOL theme and comedy. Definitely looking forward to more.
Jul 14, 2021 12:28 PM

May 2015
CataOrShane said:

First of all, on Mini Dragon, Kobayashi actually admits stealthly that she and Tohru are a couple. HOWEVER!!!! Most of this episode is spent on "erasing" any possibility that Kobayashi would ever feel attracted to Tohru as a woman. It'd make much more sense to have Kobayashi feeling stressed and freaking out over the fact that guys struggle more with hiding boners than any women will with their own sexual arousal. It would still make the episode funny, coherent and give more character development.

Unless Tohru and Kobayashi end up together, this series will feel like a huge waste. :/

Jul 14, 2021 12:29 PM

May 2009
billybub said:
CataOrShane said:

Can I say I love you?! I love you!!!
Gaming channel just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/cataorshane
Jul 14, 2021 1:27 PM

Nov 2019
Leysoh said:

Please explain, sensei.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Jul 14, 2021 1:29 PM

Jul 2020
I told you she really did have dick LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jul 14, 2021 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
Damn, that really was a weird episode haha. Ilulu really is a handful, and it's just gonna get even crazier as the show goes on. I love it.
Jul 14, 2021 1:47 PM

Jul 2014
This felt oddly rushed, to be honest. Prior to this episode, Kobayashi had literally one interaction with Ilulu (a generally negative one at that), yet is suddenly thinking about her loads and doesn't hesitate to save her from the Harmony faction guy; even within the context of Kobayashi just being fundamentally nice and caring about the dragons, that didn't feel right to me at all(and what was that nonsense about seeing her old self in Ilulu?). Also, Ilulu's backstory was incredibly obvious thanks to the OP, so for me at least it didn't have the impact it was aiming for.

That being said, once we got past all of that, we got some great comedic moments from Ilulu's failure to transform her hands and Kobayashi's total lack of subtlety in getting Tohru to help Ilulu adapt to the human world, as well as in Ilulu reflecting on how aggressive she looked when she arrived on Earth in episode 1. They even paid off the gender-bending thing great with Ilulu's proposition to have sex with the male Kobayashi.

It's going to be interesting to see just how much more plot we get this season, as we certainly seem to be shifting somewhat towards that with the Harmony faction sending that guy to Earth after Ilulu.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

176 by SiMura8723 »»
Mar 29, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

223 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

147 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 22, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2021

151 by MachoGuacho2765 »»
Mar 21, 10:20 AM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

161 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Mar 17, 5:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.