Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2021 7:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yup, that's definitely from studio SANZIGEN given the style of their animation quality. It looks like the story so far revolves mostly around Ryuuhei. Not everything is normal despite how his life is.

Story feels confusing but maybe given enough time, it can flesh more plot development. The action had style with the minigun, battle cinematics, etc.
Jul 10, 2021 7:00 AM

Jul 2017
SANZIGEN's 3DCG anime comes first before Bushiroad's mobage to be released later in the Summer season, OK for a mixed-media project.

The OST is pretty good, color me surprised. Even more so for the ED by D4DJ's RONDO (because it's Bushiroad Music).

As for the show itself, it's an ominous start for a sudden entrance to find creatures called Desaria in a fantasy world that can cross through portals designated as the Traumerei to the real world and thwart destruction. Monster hunters called "Knocker-Up" are tasked to defeat these desire-filled creatures, and the unassuming Oda Ryuuhei is roped into this trouble, who has a brother who was KIA-ed due to unknown reasons.

The power of D_Cide granted to Ryuuhei from a strange creature called Tris who bit his foot, and it doesn't take long for him to adapt to his new lifestyle as a newbie Knocker-Up. With the help of experienced Knocker-Ups Jessica Clayborn and Aruto Fushibe, this is just the start of hell for Ryuuhei.

A fine start, but as the adaptation for an up-and-coming mobage, this holds a lot of promise.
KANLen09Jul 10, 2021 8:45 AM
Jul 10, 2021 8:22 AM

Jun 2019
The OP is alright but I enjoyed it. This show definitely looks interesting. Firstly, gotta say the character designs are really cool. I like em' personally. Also, then the animation and 3DCG use, I don't mind it. It looks fine to me. So no complaints there.

As for the story, right now, not much has happened tho it is just the initial premise introduction but the show looks promising to me. Ryuuhei seems like an interesting character as well and the premise of that going into another dimension is not new but we'll have to see where that will lead this show in the upcoming episodes. The show looks like it's gonna have a lot of action so it's good news for the action-hungry fans out there. I'm one as well. :P
Jul 10, 2021 9:26 AM

Jan 2014
Pretty good honestly. Kept me interested throughout, and does make me wonder where it goes from there. I don't really mind ow it looks, honestly some of the backgrounds of the city look pretty decent tbh.
Jul 10, 2021 9:34 AM
May 2021
Pretty interesting, let's see how it will develop. The animation is weird for me, but if the story is good, that will not be a problem
Jul 10, 2021 9:35 AM

May 2018
So far I am watching this show for Aoi Yuuki's character and the fast moving neon glowing scenes.
Jul 10, 2021 9:50 AM

Aug 2020
as expected of sangizen , the fight scenes are really well done . sadly thats the only thing that stood out . the trailer made it look like an ambitious project , so i hope it gets better .....

saturdays look so bleak this season ......
Jul 10, 2021 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
Same studio did D4DJ, which was also entirely 3D CGI and it was pretty good, so we have nothing to worry about.

Gives serious Symphogear vibes. Especially MC's power. Also Yukki Aoi.
PiromyslJul 10, 2021 10:19 AM

Jul 10, 2021 10:41 AM
Nov 2020
Sinceramente o anime não estava com uma animação muito boa, o estilo 3DCG parece ser um pelo qual muitos estúdios irão optar por ser mais fácil e rápido, eles deveriam ter introduzido melhor a história, as cenas de luta estavam fracas, aparenta ser um anime com muita censura, não irei acompanhar o anime e não recomendo
Nota: 5
Jul 10, 2021 10:51 AM

Jul 2011
I may have enjoyed this episode more than I should.The beginning was very God Eater , then remembered me of Black Rock Shooter, mostly because of the girl with a minigun. But the final attack was very Tiger&Bunny.

The ending I understood why I liked it, was a group from D4DJ. That's why the beat was good.(Off-topic:This means season 2 is close?)

The the dog creatures made me think if Korone isn't a boss of this project. Seeing that we have what I call "Yubi Yubi Eaters".

Jul 10, 2021 10:53 AM

Mar 2010
Well we might have found out how his brother died. The anime has too many circles(drips) everywhere which kinda triggers me. So guess he turned into a magical boy after getting bit by a cat raccoon which haven't showed up yet.
Jul 10, 2021 1:02 PM

Aug 2018
Interesting.
The first chapter was good and the animation was great. The opening and ending were very good.
Jul 10, 2021 2:55 PM

Dec 2010
Awesome character designs and interesting plot coupled with acceptable and fitting 3DCG by Sanzigen. I've got nothing to complain here, hope they'll execute things well.
Jul 10, 2021 3:43 PM
Mar 2021
Interesting anime. It has alot potential this summer. Never mind about CGI, actually it's good CGI so far. The plot is acceptable and charracters are better than my expectation.

Well i can see Kumoko's VA (Aoki Yuuki) and Shun's VA (Horie Shun) again, now their role as older sister and younger brother since previously their role was fighting each other. XD
Jul 10, 2021 4:29 PM

Jun 2021
Probably not my cup of tea.

The animation is OK (although not a huge fan of Sanzigen CG) and the VA lineup looks good (little heavy on the Bushiroad VAs).
The biggest gripe was the story. Felt like I was watching a B-rated Power Rangers episode. Will give it a few more episodes, but probably won't finish this.
Jul 10, 2021 4:46 PM
Jul 2018
I didn't expect there was a mystery about the protagonist's death which is also something tense but it touches him a lot despite the dream is it was a good happening to introduce new characters to plot although 3D doesn't really bother much about the plot happenings.
Jul 10, 2021 5:39 PM

Mar 2012
I've seen some people comparing this to Exarm and I just don't see it. The story is weird so far but the animation is OK at least? Feels like some people are overly critical of any 3d anime
Jul 10, 2021 8:27 PM

Mar 2016
They should have switched the theme songs, the opening song for the ending visuals and viceversa. This looks like ajin it's a shame it lacks of a good plot, if I want to see a girl voiced by Aoi Yuuki that shots her guns on the air, I'd rather rewatch Youjo Senki than this. Yeah, I think I'll pass.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 10, 2021 9:02 PM

Oct 2008
that was a clusterterfu*k of a CG mess! but let's see what SANZIGEN has to offer this time...
3/5.

Jul 10, 2021 9:52 PM
Jun 2021
SparkleDuck said:
I've seen some people comparing this to Exarm and I just don't see it. The story is weird so far but the animation is OK at least? Feels like some people are overly critical of any 3d anime

Too many purists on MAL, that's why. Don't want to acknowledge when CG is done well.
Jul 10, 2021 10:12 PM
Apr 2021
the animation is fine
if you pause a shot it is almost indistinguishable from 2d. We're just in the final stage before 3d CG and 2d animation become practically interchangeable.

but the plot and characters are very generic. At least it's not as rushed as Scarlet Nexus, but the monster concepts are similarly shit and there is far less character development. I have no faith in this show. I haven't seen a single good anime that has "XYZ Name: the animation" as its title. That is always a bad first sign.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D_Cide_Traumerei
it's being produced alongside a mobile game so that should immediately give you warning bells.

if you aren't already familiar with why video game anime adaptations suck, I'll give you several reasons. 1. a video game producer does not have the same concepts and goals as an anime producer does when it comes to making a good show, 2. (especially with CG anime) there is a lot of reused assets from the game that ruin the consistency of the animation - often game animations are used as well, 3. a story optimised for a videogame will usually poorly transition into linear, non-interactive anime storytelling, and 4. whenever you try and produce two different media types with the same pipeline things will inevitably get messed up.

as far as I'm concerned, the odds are stacked against this show. It'll be a miracle if the rest of the series is even coherent.
Jul 10, 2021 10:19 PM

Sep 2013
OneAndDone said:
Too many purists on MAL, that's why. Don't want to acknowledge when CG is done well.

I watched it and thought the CG was really good. Compared to something like CESTVS (last season) it seems to be done much better but it still has a weird robot feel going on. I just think of how out of place CG monsters in Fate Zero looked.

I'm guessing the story is going to be corny though, so my chances of watching the whole series is pretty low.
There's no need for all this tension.
Jul 11, 2021 2:27 AM

Aug 2020
Another blend 3d animation this season. Well this better if they didn't make it 3d they just ruining it acually or just lack of budget to make, It's seems interesting and well done from Soundtracks, VA, Characters, and Animation.

This very generic but who knows this might surprise us in the future.

Atleast this is not bad as hell like Ex-Arm i guess.

Jul 11, 2021 2:27 AM

Mar 2014
the CGI animation looks surprisingly pretty good for this anime but too bad I don't like the MC, he is somewhat generic and boring
RedChromeJul 11, 2021 2:38 AM
Jul 11, 2021 10:09 AM
Aug 2018
So worse boring anime time waste
All good review is paid i think
Don't waste your time matching it
Jul 11, 2021 10:35 AM

Sep 2018
Not awful, but not very good either.

CGI is serviceable and fight scenes are ok but I find little about it compelling.

Quantum ille canis est in fenestra
Jul 11, 2021 1:32 PM

Feb 2020
eh, dropped. I was tempted by the childhood friend character but she's the only thing I like so it's not worth it. the animation isn't horrible but I can't find it in me to not dislike it
Jul 11, 2021 5:51 PM
Aug 2019
I will take time to get used to the CGI lol But I really like the 3D in BanG Dream and D4DJ, so hopefully this one will be good too!

But the episode was a fun introduction, i'm curious of more! Also it has two of my favorite seiyuus as protagonists, Aoi Yuuki and Itou Ayasa, so i'm expecting good things lol Also Rondo as ending
Jul 12, 2021 4:59 AM

Dec 2012
Trailer looked a bit interesting, but this episode was just not good at all.
Even without the CG it would just be middling. I had expected it to be a game adaptation the way the enemies feel a bit like Persona, but it's actually an anime original.
Jul 12, 2021 12:49 PM

Sep 2020

• An opening song that doesn't fit at all
  • An ending song that should be the opening
  • Creepy CG
    but...
  • Interesting plot
  • Awesome girl with a machine gun

Errmmm....
I don't know. Let's apply the "3 ep rule" for now.
Jul 13, 2021 5:39 AM

Mar 2009
Couldn't help but laugh at "Knocker-Up."
Jul 13, 2021 7:13 AM

Oct 2019
Ok, I confess: I actually liked it.
Skipped op and ed, no comment here.
What really bought me is graphics - it's stupid, but I like how the protagonist looks, others are not bad either, and CG is decent enough for me here.
Somewhat disappointed by the fights, but that's mostly original sin of the format, little can be done to improve.
The plot is generic mostly, but fine, whatever. Also, they up the stakes by permanent consequences instead of "defeat the monster and everyone is back to normal", this spices up the things a bit.

Got suspicious the second the monsters showed up, checked on web - yes, the whole thing is just a promotional material for a game. Maybe I liked it because I'm just starved for games in that style.
Alas, it'll be only for Japan, both region locked and without translation. Whatever, I guess.
AroertasJul 13, 2021 7:18 AM
English not native. Also, crazy, lazy and think in strange forms.
Previously known as Ferasder.
Jul 13, 2021 11:54 AM
Feb 2021
Hmmm... The animation was pretty decent for CGI in my opinion, and the start isn't that promising, but there is something that is kinda calling me into it. Will use the three chapters rule to see it.
Jul 13, 2021 4:04 PM
Nov 2020
I actually really enjoyed it, it remembered me of solo leveling kind of, I feel it has a lot of potential, let’s just hope it remains good
Jul 14, 2021 1:55 AM
Mar 2012

Another standard game show with jargon deluge.
Sanzigen brought the good character models quality like BangDream, and very cool fight vfx, weird bot enemies also decent. But straight into action, leaving characterizations quite weak.
Why Rena sounds & looks like the same twintail Arisa (bandori)? oh same va lol.
Liking ice skate boy style & Aoi Yuuki & Matsuoka are here.
Top rage player becomes monster boss has potential as a fun game mechanic.

Jul 14, 2021 3:01 AM

Nov 2012
I really cant like this weird weapons fight anime, but for Aoi Yuuki and Arisa I'll watch it.

My Candies:

Jul 14, 2021 10:59 AM

Jan 2017
The CGI was "ok" but if you are going full CGI you must use it all out with the maximum of dynamics shots that are hard to make with traditional hand animation.

Feels like your generic game adaptation but I will give it a try because of Yuuki Aoi!
Jul 16, 2021 2:35 AM
Jul 2018
CG was pretty good during the fights although there were a lot of speedlines. Character designs were pretty cool. The plot and the characters feel generic so far. Hopefully, these things will step up in the future episodes. Between Scarlet Nexus and this coming out this season, this is definitely better.
Jul 18, 2021 6:58 PM
Jul 2018
It was not that bad, it was decent to watch actually. This anime is made by the studiuo behind the D4DJ: First Mix adaptation so I have high hopes for this anime, and also one of my favorite VAs (Aoi Yuuki) is in this. Good but kinda confusing first episode, I'm gonna continue watching this anime.
Jul 25, 2021 4:24 AM

May 2020
Interesting first episode. The CG was fine, But i have a bad feeling about this anime
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Sep 5, 2021 2:20 PM

Jun 2016
Honestly surprised by Sanzigen. Can't remember the last time I watched a cg show that looked half decent (I don't watch that many, tbh).

I'll have to see where the upcoming eps will take this show, but it was at least an interesting start.

Oct 3, 2021 2:03 AM

Jul 2015
I kinda got irritated with how skater guy and machinegun elementary kid left Ryuuhei to his demise there without giving brief explanation on whats happening. So far the 3DCG looks fine but plot feels generic, but lets see how its going to develop.

Jan 6, 2023 2:03 PM
Jan 2023
Me gusto mucho el episodio y creo que me va a seguir gustando :D

More topics from this board

» The mobile game is closing it's server

Neo_Randomz - Sep 30, 2022

4 by soulguard »»
Sep 30, 2022 4:03 PM

Poll: » D_Cide Traumerei the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2021

11 by animelover44322 »»
Dec 6, 2021 6:42 PM

Poll: » D_Cide Traumerei the Animation Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2021

13 by Offkorn »»
Nov 5, 2021 5:07 AM

» What did you think

NotoriousAkh - Jul 10, 2021

24 by SofiaBulga »»
Nov 4, 2021 3:41 AM

Poll: » D_Cide Traumerei the Animation Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2021

17 by redwhitenblue »»
Oct 16, 2021 3:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.