Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 7, 2021 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cute start but I'm not sold on this just yet. We got some of the cast introduced, most noticably Noera.

It's quite a lighthearted show and I guess Reiji is tolerable on some levels. Not impressed by his character yet though. There were also a lot of yelling from one of the female characters. Hopefully they'll develop Noera further as a character for rest of the season.

That drug making scene was adorably cute though.
Jul 7, 2021 6:30 AM

Jul 2017
The 4th non-sequel Isekai of the season, and this brings a lot of the Slime 300 feelings, fused with Kami-tachi ni Hirowareta Otoko on the store front.

The Kirio drugstore consisting of alchemist Reiji Kirio, loli werewolf girl Noela and assistant helper ghost Mina, and is a thorough business all the way with helpers. And it sure does not take long for hijinks to happen...with a crazy-fest of a yandere girlfriend (Feris) over a nobleman (Zeral) that has Reiji sighing, a lover's spat if I can describe it best. I feel bad for Noela whom has to have her sensitive tail trimmed. Hopefully some landenflower tea would help, and help it did to relax.

The Utsubo flower that's shaped like the Rafflesia flower, a botanical deodorant a.k.a bathroom deodorant would help for demi-humans.

One thing's for sure: this show invokes a lot of the relaxation themes of its many small episodic stories. This is indeed the Isekai of living a slow life, creating potions and managing a drugstore to serve the people. Cheerful spirits with a fine start.
KANLen09Jul 7, 2021 7:30 AM
Jul 7, 2021 6:31 AM

Feb 2018
I don't know how many fantasy anime I've watched this season, as if this season is full of genres like this. This is an anime about potions and it takes a relaxed theme, I hope to forget anything with this relaxation anime that has neko / hold on sec, i doubt about this, lol. characters. The blue energy potion looks interesting but there are some potions that are a little weird. That blue potions are more like sports drinks. I'm not a lolicon, so loli characters like this don't catch my attention and I feel like they're not kawaii :") Rather than calling the dog more like a wolf they found while walking.

for some reason, I wonder whether the making or processing of wine really has to be trampled on? I mean with that feet... It look like scene Elaina in the majo tabi tabi series. Ofc with that white hair... Ma, I don't care about the process obviously is it a tea? Randenfurawa? Is it some kind of relaxing tea and sedative? I saw something familiar, Rafflesia Arnoldi is a plant species that grows in my country, I didn't know that rafflesia could be used for potion additives, damn. And that's how the botanical deodorant made, that's strange knowledge.... You can nake deodorant from rafflesia.

Next are customers and also OP and ED? No comment

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/wYwsTpJ/20210707-203000.jpg[limg]
Jul 7, 2021 6:36 AM

Feb 2014
This anime feels like I'm watching a kid show, pretty good and relaxing.
Jul 7, 2021 7:31 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
I love this!! Fluffy, light-hearted, and relaxing. I found my guilty pleasure of the season. <3
Jul 7, 2021 7:33 AM

Jan 2021
Hmm, this gives me some Slime 300 vibes. It's definitely entertaining and I like the character designs ( ̄ω ̄)

We'll see how this progresses, I hope it doesn't end up boring me, which happens to me often 0-0
Jul 7, 2021 7:34 AM
Jan 2021
Did I miss something or did they just skip a lot of introduction stuff? I know the Manga and so they started straight into everything, without showing how he got there, without the cute scene in the forest when he finds Noelle or the funny story with that ghost girl and how they met. I love the Manga so I like the anime too, but I really miss those mentioned scenes and feel a bit disappointed..
Jul 7, 2021 7:41 AM

Jun 2020
Introduction felt awkward. Wish it was more of a iyashikei, pacing was too quick and the comedy didn't land for me :/ Thought the voice acting was great.
Jul 7, 2021 7:41 AM

Jun 2019
Another Isekai show. This season is filled with them. Quite a lighthearted and cute show in my opinion. Noela the werewolf is really adorable. I mean all the girls are cute in this show, so no complaints there. MC seems alright. I guess this show is gonna fill slime 300's place for this season.

Very cute but we'll see how much will it impress its audience with its story elements. OP is pretty good as well.
Jul 7, 2021 7:46 AM

Apr 2014
Another comfy isekai anime. it gave me the vibes of Slime Taoshite 300-nen. However, the male MC looks pretty bland, but the girls were looking cute anyways.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 7, 2021 7:51 AM

Feb 2020
Yeah. Definitely Slime 300 vibes, but that show was many times better than this.

The first episode wasn't anything amazing. Too many annoying characters, especially that screaming girlfriend.

SerafosJul 9, 2021 4:23 AM
Jul 7, 2021 7:57 AM

Mar 2018
Sad to see that the reaction to this anime is mixed. I found it really cute and fun so far.
Jul 7, 2021 8:01 AM
Jun 2019
They skipped 5 chapters worth of introduction and world-building.

Probably going to drip feed snippets throughout the first few episodes.

Ugh, I hate flashback storytelling.
Jul 7, 2021 8:02 AM
Jun 2020
F#ck, this episode ended far to quickly. I didn't see time passing.

I missed the introductions, but I liked.
Jul 7, 2021 8:05 AM

Jan 2014
Wild and relaxing fun wit very light tones. I dig it.
Jul 7, 2021 8:08 AM

Jan 2013
I like it, the girls are very cute.
Jul 7, 2021 8:08 AM

Nov 2016
So my man started selling Red Bull and other stuff after getting isekai'd? Sounds dope.

First episode was already some nice over-the-top fun with cute characters. Still, Feris was something else xD Only real issue I had was that it felt like we were thrown in the middle of it without a proper introduction.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 7, 2021 8:17 AM

Apr 2012
'One day, a corporate slave Reiji, suddenly got transported to another world'
first of all, he dint got transported so this wasnt a isekai, they just introduced him just like that.

second of all, did any1 else noticed how bad the shop was? there was a huge line of customers, the mother with the kid comes in, kid starts playing with tail, after that they get their medicine, the mom/daughter wave hello from outside, then afterwards they are like 'master would u like some tea?' literally blizzard customer support.

then they forgot to give the prescription to that guy with the crazy gf.

then they encountered that flower with the smell...
'master, that flower smells'
'ok, let me make a deodorant while u w8 right next to it' when they could just leave

i just dont understand anymore, sorry.
Jul 7, 2021 8:29 AM

Sep 2019
Noera reminded me of Vanilla for some reason lol. If only she called her master "goshujin-sama" too 😔. It was really cute how she wagged her tail all the time.

I didn't expect them to start the show in another world, I wonder how he got isekaid. It was a cute and fun episode at start but I hated the part with the jealous gf, she was so fucking annoying. I'm glad they solved her problem quickly and won't be shown anymore, or at least I hope she won't. I didn't like the art style.
Jul 7, 2021 8:32 AM

Jun 2021
Pre_Yum said:
Another Isekai show. This season is filled with them. Quite a lighthearted and cute show in my opinion. Noela the werewolf is really adorable. I mean all the girls are cute in this show, so no complaints there. MC seems alright. I guess this show is gonna fill slime 300's place for this season.

Very cute but we'll see how much will it impress its audience with its story elements. OP is pretty good as well.

When you say another isekai this season
Does that mean that every year we don't get many Isekai Anime ????
I want to know as I've recently started watching Anime...
Jul 7, 2021 8:42 AM

May 2021
Reminds me of slime 300. Quite relaxing. Looking forward to the next episode
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 7, 2021 8:43 AM

Jun 2019
Yo_ItsVeer said:
Pre_Yum said:

Oh, believe me, we get a lot of Isekais every year, but it's not every day that you see 7 or 8 of them in a single season. This season is stacked with them and not many of them of interesting enough. Some are alright and some might be.
Jul 7, 2021 8:44 AM

Jun 2020
So cute!!!!! I love the art style but all I can hear is Kazuma

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jul 7, 2021 8:50 AM

Jun 2021
Pre_Yum said:
Yo_ItsVeer said:

Oh, believe me, we get a lot of Isekais every year, but it's not every day that you see 7 or 8 of them in a single season. This season is stacked with them and not many of them of interesting enough. Some are alright and some might be.

I would watch every isekai even if it is cliche or might not be good.😁
But that's true there are a lot of isekai anime coming this month
Jul 7, 2021 8:52 AM

Jun 2019
Yo_ItsVeer said:
Pre_Yum said:

I would watch every isekai even if it is cliche or might not be good.😁
But that's true there are a lot of isekai anime coming this month

Well, that's great news for you. Enjoy your Isekais.
Jul 7, 2021 9:12 AM
Feb 2018
this gives me By the Grace of the Gods and I've been killing slimes for 300 years vibes. Neora adorable and the three seem like a nice little family running small but popular drugstore already add the LN to my list to read
Jul 7, 2021 9:15 AM

May 2013
First episodes was okay. The dog girl is annoying af tho.
Jul 7, 2021 9:27 AM

Nov 2014
U know an isekai series is bound to be a failure when the mc isekai backstory can be taken away without it affecting the plot in any way. At this point idek why people insist on writing an isekai when their series can work just as well as an ordinary fantasy series.
Jul 7, 2021 9:32 AM
Elder Emo

Jan 2013
I know it's nothing crazy, but I'm a sucker for this colorful, simply art style. The rest of the show though, seems like it'll hover around the "average" rating for me. I also agree with a lot of other commenters that it's a fairly relaxing watch.
Jul 7, 2021 9:35 AM
Apr 2021
This anime got some "I've Been Killing Slimes for 300 Years and Maxed Out My Level" vibes and I like that. Relaxing anime like this once in a while is not bad at all. Looking forward to the next episode!
Jul 7, 2021 10:00 AM

Oct 2020
I agree that this is this season's slime 300. Its as slice of life as you can get. OP/ED was pretty meh. Probably wont rate this very high.

✧ THE NIGHT SHONE UPON TWO, ME & YOU ✧ FORUM SET BY:SAINTZEPH

Jul 7, 2021 10:08 AM

Mar 2016
This is boring as fuck and everyone act really stupid, I had to reduce the bright on my TV to watch this, I'll give it another shot although it may not my coup of tea.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 7, 2021 10:21 AM

Jul 2020
Not funny at all. Felt like it was trying too hard to match Konosuba's style of wacky humor but none of its gags landed.
Jul 7, 2021 10:24 AM

Feb 2019
Pretty meh start, it’ll probably be one of those shows you turn your brain off to and just laugh at. Reminds me of Monster doctor from a couple seasons ago. That said, first episode was pretty cute, lets see where it goes from here
Jul 7, 2021 10:34 AM
Mar 2015
I'm pretty sure we're all here because we saw the weeb bait on the cover/poster/thumbnail, but on first impression this is a throwaway anime. Boring.
Jul 7, 2021 10:46 AM
Sep 2018
I came to this one cold, no knowledge of the source materials.

The anime starts with him already settled into his Isekai life, and I do mean settled; it's clear he's established in what he's going to be doing from now on, and totally sidestep the usual 'exit previous existence/arrive/freak out/adjust/work on finding a niche' thing.
That said, there was a fair amount of info provided en passant as we advanced through the episode concerning past events. Given that, there is the definite possibility of further backstory being slipped in surreptitiously as things go one; there's something to be said for that in a slow-life story.

It has much more of a Slime Taoshite vibe than a Majo no Tabitabi one, which is fine by me. Don't need no heavy drama here, comedy is fine.

It was cute, it was fluffy, and I'm not sure if it's really in my strike zone...and that is purely a matter of the kind of story I'm looking for, not a statement of negativity in regard to this series. I won't be searching for a time portal to quick jump forward to when the next episode is released...but it's not a definite drop either. It seems good for what it is.
Jul 7, 2021 10:53 AM

May 2018
So Kazuma decided that he had enough of his useless party, so he begged Eris to isekai him over to this actual lovely world. Now Kazuma can rest, relax and enjoy his massive profits while having an (actually useful) harem of his own. What a genius!
Jul 7, 2021 11:00 AM
Mar 2021
So, It's like those isekai anime which nobody remembers after this season.
Relaxing vibes from ep1. Not something for which I can look forward to. 1st episode was 4/5 for me :)
Jul 7, 2021 12:08 PM
Jul 2016
I give it a 2 out of 5. I found no characters that I liked and found many of the others to be quite annoying. I'll pass on this one.
Jul 7, 2021 12:16 PM

May 2012
Any reason they skipped the entire intro and basically threw us in the middle of the story? Basically they took what was written in the synopsis:

One day, a corporate slave Reiji, suddenly got transported to another world. He made the best of his skills to make better potions, which earned him lots of money, and with that money, made a drugstore!

And they continued from that point, without any explanation. The studio had already done this flashfoward tactic in Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear and it wasn't well regarded there... then do you choose to repeat the mistake?
Jul 7, 2021 12:26 PM

Nov 2011
Art and Animation is Awful. It sucks too because I enjoy the manga but jesus man this was not good. They skipped how he came about in the World along with how he saved Noera.

We'll see how it continues
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 7, 2021 12:59 PM

Jul 2015
Noera is totally adorable, but still, she is technically a bitch.

Jul 7, 2021 1:06 PM

Apr 2018
A wholesome isekai that gives off Slime 300 vibes. Well we didn't get a lot of information about the characters and how they died or whatever. OP is alright, ED too.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 7, 2021 1:07 PM

Dec 2012
Easy drop for me, perhaps if you want a really easy going series
Jul 7, 2021 1:07 PM
Nov 2019
Garbge. Utter Garbage. Here comes our I've Been Killing Slimes For 300 Years Of This Season.
Jul 7, 2021 1:22 PM

Dec 2013
I'm surprised it is getting so many mixed reactions, while it wasn't anything special I found it enjoyable.
Jul 7, 2021 1:28 PM

Jun 2013
Nothing special, but fun nonetheless.
Jul 7, 2021 1:42 PM
Dec 2008
This is quite possibly the worst anime i have seen in years. The first episode, which was 3 mini episodes, just goes here's the 3 main characters, look at the nonsense around them.

There was about 5 seconds of backstory for the furry loli, none at all outside of saying she is a ghost for the other loli, and the MC has the narrator mention in passing that he was a corporate drone. Without which there is no hint that this is an isekai.
Jul 7, 2021 3:07 PM
Feb 2012
Inb4: "wElL YoU dOn'T hAvE tO wAtCh It!"

This is a real disappointment. The manga is great, got some real laughs out of me. I was looking forward to this series.

They screwed this adaption up big time. I wouldn't mind if they just did a non-canon first episode to pad the series and let you know what to expect, but they threw in canon story elements that have screwed everything up!

Straight away, the main character - in his pharmacy, lets the guy from the general store sell his potions there with just a nod of "well, he helped me set this place up!"

How'd he help him set the place up, you ask? BY SELLING HIS FUCKING POTIONS IN HIS SHOP!

So now this simple Pharmacy Isekai comedy has inadvertently stuck the main character in some weird meta-time paradox.

I legitimately don't get why those heading up adaptations can't stick to the source material. Half the work is literally already done for you. How far up your own arse do you have to be to look at an established series that has clearly sold well enough to justify an anime adaption and go "you know what? I can do better."

So now you've got two groups of people, both looking forward to this delicious pie. But group A (the manga readers) sees this dude waltz in and stick his cock right into it and walk out. And all we can do is stand there in disgust as Group B (the anime only crowd) gobble down on some cock-pie and comment on how average it tastes.

This is far from a life-changing read, by the way. I'm just more pissed at how retarded the creative process must be to allow this to happen, and how little the mangaka must care for their own work.
Jul 7, 2021 3:57 PM

Dec 2015
ep1 i think somebody was going for a 'Killing Slimes for 300 Years' sorta story annnd SERIOUSLY missed the mark! there's ZERO world-building, 1 flashback to when he meets the werewolf, ZERO story about how a salaryman ended up in this world, ZERO story how he learned all this knowledge about plants and potions and whatnot, ZERO story about the ghost/shop-girl... basically they just jump into him opening his drugstore on the first day, at least i THINK it is the grand opening. that's it.

i personally think this one's going to be a total flop because there is nothing going on except a cute loli werewolf girl and some ok comedy. ALL the details that make a story interesting are entirely missing!

i gotta agree with a previous post, i HATE flashback storytelling, it is one of the craptastically WORST and LAZIEST ways to do screenwriting. if you want to tell a story tell it chronologically! give every character some depth with scenes, and dialogue, and facial expressions. TELL A STORY! DON'T JUST THROW CRAP AT THE AUDIENCE AND EXPECT US TO PUT IT TOGETHER OURSELVES! that flashback with the loli werewolf... IS JUST THE WOLF LAYING THERE INJURED! with MC doing A VOICEOVER!

previous posts also mentioned FIVE CHAPTERS OF MANGA TRASHED! who refuses to use the first FIVE chapters of a manga? Jeeezus, that would have been like 'Lord of the Rings' director Peter Jackson saying, "Ok, fuck Papa Tolkien! We're NOT assembling the party! We're all going STRAIGHT to New Zealand and filming some huge ass cinematic traveling scenes and then FIGHT SCENES!"

somebody also mentioned KumaKumaKuma bla bla bla... there were TWO versions of the 1st episode. 1st where it's all a virtual reality game she's playing while laying in bed and she logs out easily at the end of the episode. then SEVERAL months later the 2nd version in the TV series where it goes 'Log Horizon' style and she's in a world that's nigh-on exactly LIKE her online game but she's really living in it. as to which is the canon version from the source? i've no clue.

as to another post that mentions "how little the mangaka must care for their own work." did you read his/her contracts for publishing? do you know if he/she even OWNS the rights for an anime adaptation? are you his/her agent? lawyer? do you know the mangaka personally? don't comment on these items because you don't know diddly-squat about them. original source creators get crapped on all the time because 'the anime sucked' or 'the anime bla bla bla'... well guess what? sometimes original source creators GET ZERO INPUT into an anime! they're ENTIRELY BLOCKED AND BANNED AND REFUSED ENTRY to the studio, let alone the anime creation process! some of the original content creators are even CONTRACTUALLY FORCED to NOT COMMENT publicly on the anime! they can't even tell their family and friends in private conversations in private behind-closed-doors locations what their opinions are! because those 'other people' the creator talked to could COMMENT THEMSELVES publicly giving a second-hand/hearsay account of what the creator said.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2021

32 by amlg »»
Jan 20, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2021

30 by amlg »»
Jan 20, 9:51 PM

Poll: » Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2021

31 by amlg »»
Jan 20, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2021

48 by amlg »»
Jan 20, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2021

37 by amlg »»
Jan 20, 3:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.