Forum Settings
Forums

'Platinum End' Reveals Additional Staff, First Promo, 24-Episode Broadcast

New
Jul 1, 2021 9:45 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the Platinum End television anime adaptation revealed on Thursday additional staff members, second key visual (pictured), and its first promotional video. The anime is scheduled to air for 24 episodes, starting in Fall 2021 on TBS and other channels.

Staff
Art Setting: Iho Narita (Kusanagi) (Hortensia Saga)
Color Design: Ayumi Ikeda (Triage X)
Editing: Yuusuke Ueno (Mugen no Juunin: Immortal editing assistant)
Music: Masahiro Tokuda (Deca-Dence)

Kazuchika Kise (Koukaku Kidoutai Arise, Made in Abyss character design) will replace Hideya Takahashi (JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze) as director for the second half of the series.

Takahashi is helming the first half of the series at animation studio Signal.MD. Shinichi Inotsume (Persona 5 the Animation) is handling the series composition, and Kouji Oodate (No Game No Life) is designing the characters.

Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata serialized the psychological supernatural manga in Jump SQ. magazine from November 2015 until this January 4. Shueisha published the 14th and final volume on February 4. Viz Media licensed the manga in English and will ship the 13th volume on July 6.

PV

Source: animate Times
DatRandomDudeJul 1, 2021 11:14 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 1, 2021 9:58 AM

Aug 2018
Switching directors halfway through seems kind of odd, especially considering they announced they will before the broadcast starts
_______I like rocks__
Jul 1, 2021 10:11 AM
Apr 2016
Wonder if this is gonna be the second coming of Death Note
Jul 1, 2021 10:11 AM
Dec 2017
hopefully this does well.

Jul 1, 2021 10:28 AM

Oct 2017
Good thing we'll have a full manga adaptation.
Jul 1, 2021 10:29 AM

Aug 2018
huh, i guess i'm going to watch the anime before reading the manga
Jul 1, 2021 10:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Here’s to hoping this’ll make for another entertaining ride, like Death Note.

I’m not quite sure how I feel about the directors’ changing midway though but hopefully that’s not marking a flop already.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 1, 2021 11:29 AM

Nov 2020
Surely if they’re changing directors halfway then there will be many differences between the first and second halves, making it very inconsistent. I wouldn’t mind it if at least one of them was experienced with directing, but the first guy has only ever directed JJBA part 5 which although has a good reputation, is only one project so he lacks experience and the other hasn’t directed a single noteworthy anime.
Jul 1, 2021 11:34 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
FurySlasher said:
Surely if they’re changing directors halfway then there will be many differences between the first and second halves, making it very inconsistent. I wouldn’t mind it if at least one of them was experienced with directing, but the first guy has only ever directed JJBA part 5 which although has a good reputation, is only one project so he lacks experience and the other hasn’t directed a single noteworthy anime.
The Jojo director also directed Fukumenkei Noise, Keijo, and an OVA no one cares. So no, he does have experiences. Frankly, the other guy has less experience in the director's chair than him lmao.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 1, 2021 11:42 AM

Nov 2020
DatRandomDude said:
FurySlasher said:
The Jojo director also directed Fukumenkei Noise, Keijo, and an OVA no one cares. So no, he does have experiences. Frankly, the other guy has less experience in the director's chair than him lmao.

Ah I see, my bad. Either way, considering the bad reputation the manga has (haven’t personally read it) you woulda thought they’d need very talented staff members to pull off a decent adaptation. I’m not tryna say that the current staff are bad by any means, cos theres always a chance they could create a great adaptation, but they’re getting thrown in the deep end with such weak source material, considering their lack of experience (even partially the guy that did jjba, cos the other 2 works don’t seem to be mainstream and got pretty low scores here).
Jul 1, 2021 1:22 PM

Apr 2012
MegamiRem said:

Is the original story already finished?
Jul 1, 2021 1:26 PM

Oct 2010
oh my, I saw a glimpse of the 48 you know what, should look glorious in animation. I dropped the manga but I'll watch the anime to bitch and moan on the forums :))
can't wait for M
Jul 1, 2021 6:07 PM

Oct 2017
RobertBobert said:
MegamiRem said:

Yes the manga's finished.
Jul 1, 2021 6:09 PM

Apr 2012
MegamiRem said:
RobertBobert said:

Yes the manga's finished.

Its good thing to hear.
Jul 1, 2021 6:29 PM
Jan 2016
got the first 2 volumes never read them though looking forward to the anime though i liked bakuman and the first half of death note
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Jul 1, 2021 8:37 PM

Jul 2019
Wow 24 ep? I can see they're going all out adapt the entire volume. Since this manga only has 2 arcs. Also the last volume basically includes 2 endings, a happy ending and bad ending. I wonder if they're gonna pick one of those.
Jul 2, 2021 6:48 AM
Oct 2015
The staff doesn't look convincing. Why the fuck would they change directors in between?! This might gonna be like Justice League.
Jul 2, 2021 10:30 PM

Aug 2010
I love Obata, but I'm scared to read the manga. Maybe I should check the show out?
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jul 4, 2021 12:56 PM
Aug 2014
I'm not really convinced by the art style, it seems a bit too soft if that makes sense

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
6 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
7 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.