Forum Settings
Forums

Pair of Cast Revealed for 'Sakugan' TV Anime [Update 6/15]

New
Jun 8, 2021 9:34 PM

Mar 2017

The official website for the Sakugan (formerly Sacks&Guns!!) television anime revealed two additional cast members on Tuesday. The sci-fi mecha anime premieres this fall.

Tsuyoshi Koyama (Sword Art Online: Alicization) will play Boss, the masked leader of an armed group called Shibito that targets and attacks central control towers in each colony. Misaki Watada (Sirius) will play Muuro, a member of Shibito who accompanies Boss. Despite her delicate appearance, she wields a gigantic, knife-like long sword with ease.

Kanon Amane (previously known as Kanon Obata) was selected from seven finalists for the role of the anime's heroine, Memenpu, in December 2019 following a public audition featuring 1400 participants. The main cast was then revealed last December. Yoshimasa Hosoya (Dorohedoro), Minami Tsuda (Toaru Kagaku no Railgun S), and Hikaru Midorikawa (Yu☆Gi☆Oh) were recently cast as Merooro, Linda, and Rufus, respectively. Tsuda and Midorikawa were revealed to be voicing characters in the anime at the time of the main cast announcement.

Staff
Director, Series Composition: Junichi Wada (Caligula (TV), Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii Desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii Desu ka? director)
Script: Shingo Nagai (Girly Air Force), Mariko Mochizuki (Somali to Mori no Kamisama series composition), Toshizou Nemoto (Shangri-La)
Original Character Design: Yuji Iwahara (Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha)
Character Design: Shunpei Mochizuki (Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari animation director, assistant animation director)
Concept Design: Kazuma Kouda (Ingress the Animation)
Monster Concept Design: Shouji Kawamori (Koukyoushihen Eureka Seven mechanical design)
Monster Mechanical Design: Hiroyuki Taiga (Accel World mechanical design)
Mechanical Design: Stanislas Brunet (Macross Δ) (Studio No Border)
Prop Design: Takehiro Ishimoto (Boku no Hero Academia the Movie 2: Heroes:Rising), Kenichi Morioka (Hamatora The Animation)
Art Director: Minoru Oonishi (Girls & Panzer) (Bic Studio)
Art Setting: Ryuu Sakamoto (Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note) (Bic Studio)
Color Design: Miho Hasegawa (Takamiya Nasuno Desu!: Teekyuu Spin-off) (Hiyori)
Director of Photography: Tsuyoshi Shimura (Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV) (T2 Studio)
Assistant Director: Tenpei Mishio (Beatless episode director)
Editing: Shuji Matsumoto (Macross Δ Movie: Gekijou no Walküre)
3DCG Director: Hiroyuki Gotou (Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens)
2D Works: Noriko Nakamura (Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu)
Sound Director: Eriko Kimura (Devilman: Crybaby)
Music: Tatsuya Katou (Dr. Stone)
Sound Production: Tohokushinsha Film Corporation
Music Production: Lantis
Studio: Satelight

Sakugan!! is based on the Sakugan Labyrinth Marker web novel, which was the first of three submissions to Project Anima selected to receive an anime adaptation. Nekotarou Inui first published the web novel on DeNA and NTT Docomo's Everystar (Estar) platform in July 2018 and began publishing the second part of the story earlier this year.

Source: Comic Natalie

Update June 15
The official website for the Sakugan television anime revealed on Tuesday that Hiroshi Kamiya (Bakemonogatari) will play DJ K. The series' first promotional video was also released. It highlights the city of Pinin and features DJ K hosting his radio show Good morning K.

PV

ImperfectBlueJun 14, 2021 10:12 PM
Jun 9, 2021 6:20 AM

Feb 2019
Jesus, they changed the title again? Impossible to keep track of it at this rate, though admittedly Sacks&Guns!! was a terrible name.

Decent casting though, good to see less-prominent VAs at work.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Jun 9, 2021 6:29 AM

Apr 2012
Am I wrong? Do they have a guy named yuri in the cast? But this is an archetypal female name.
RobertBobertJun 9, 2021 6:40 AM
Jun 9, 2021 7:56 AM

Apr 2014
RobertBobert said:
Am I wrong? Do they have a guy named yuri in the cast? But this is an archetypal female name.

Yuri in Japanese is a kind of feminine name but there also a Japanese guy named Yuri too. But for Slavic countries like Russia or Ukraine, Yuri is a masculine name. Yuri Gagarin and Yuri Zhirkov are both men.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 9, 2021 8:06 AM

Apr 2012
AkeZZZ said:
RobertBobert said:

Yuri in Japanese is a kind of feminine name but there also a Japanese guy named Yuri too. But for Slavic countries like Russia or Ukraine, Yuri is a masculine name. Yuri Gagarin and Yuri Zhirkov are both men.

I live in Russia, so I am somewhat aware of this lol, but in Russian Yuri is pronounced somewhat differently. Do you think that in this case the character has a Russian name?
Jun 9, 2021 8:24 AM

Apr 2014
RobertBobert said:
AkeZZZ said:

I live in Russia, so I am somewhat aware of this lol, but in Russian Yuri is pronounced somewhat differently. Do you think that in this case the character has a Russian name?

Sakugan is set up in somewhat a fantasy world, so that 'Yuri' could be in any language. It could be some random name that was chosen by the creator. But, at least Yuri is a name that can use by both men and women.
Looking at the other characters' names like Gaganba or Memempu are also looking weird too. All of the names could be some random name that doesn't have any reason or meaning behind.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 9, 2021 10:20 AM

Apr 2012
AkeZZZ said:
RobertBobert said:

Sakugan is set up in somewhat a fantasy world, so that 'Yuri' could be in any language. It could be some random name that was chosen by the creator. But, at least Yuri is a name that can use by both men and women.
Looking at the other characters' names like Gaganba or Memempu are also looking weird too. All of the names could be some random name that doesn't have any reason or meaning behind.

I see. In that case, it's easier to wait for the premiere and find out how the show will pronounce it.
Jun 10, 2021 4:39 AM

Oct 2017
Nice more mecha anime.
Jun 14, 2021 10:15 PM

Mar 2017
News Update
The official website for the Sakugan television anime revealed on Tuesday that Hiroshi Kamiya (Bakemonogatari) will play DJ K. The series' first promotional video was also released. It highlights the city of Pinin and features DJ K hosting his radio show Good morning K.

PV

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
9 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
11 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
12 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

30 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.