Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 »
Jul 20, 2020 5:36 AM

Jun 2019
Overall, satisfied with the Akame vs Esdeath fight, even though best girl dies, she dies with Tatsumi (whether he wanted that or not...). I was literally happy though because one of the characters I picked at the beginning was going to live!.... and then she proceeds to get shot multiple times.... and then dies in the streets?!?!? *sigh*

Nonetheless, Akame continuing on as the badass assassin she is was cool, same with her using the trump card, nice twist at the end.

Overall, give it a 7/10, but it was an 8/10 for me up until around episode 19. Last few episodes were not bad per se, but felt like they just started killing off people to kill them off.
Jul 29, 2020 5:25 AM
Aug 2019
bastek66 said:
Icewhore's death would be satisfying if she died miserably not with smile. That delusional cunt defiled Tatsumi's corpse. He couldn't even be buried next to Mine or Ieyasu and Sayo.

Why slicing herself with Muramasa didn't kill Akame?

Leone died like street whore, thanks Takahiro and White Fox.

— Probably because Akame is the user of the sword (to activate her special abilities, she must slice herself a bit). In my opinion, the user of the sword receives immunity to the sword, making it impossible for their weapon he used against them. A defence mechanism, perhaps?
Aug 5, 2020 11:37 PM
Jul 2020
Leone's death is real sad..

And esdeath and tatsumi moment is, happy and sad at the same time..

At akakill theather when tatsumi and mine together looking at everyone, it so damn sad the show is end..

Thank you for everyone that make this anime happen
RedezperadoAug 5, 2020 11:58 PM
Aug 19, 2020 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
I honestly don't get why people praise this show so much, I think AGK is at least decent. Also Chelsea best girl, its sad and irritating to see her die that way
removed-userAug 29, 2020 6:08 PM
Aug 21, 2020 10:30 PM
Oct 2017
Even after re watching again I hate the author for killing all the characters that shit was so uncalled for Bulat And Su deaths really torment me though
Sep 8, 2020 4:57 AM

Aug 2017
One of the best anime fights ever made, sadly that its the only positive thing about the last episode. Leone's death was pretty stupid lmao, she could have avoided all the shots if she had taken the gun from Honest but no! -.- Finally, the Revolutionary Army and the 'revolution' is just a copypaste of the French Revolution in the end. Everyone knows the disaster that followed that revolution, so the Emperor's execution will not be the last bloodshed as the series claims. With the lack of gray area in this show, it is unrealistic that everything is fine after the revolution. I think that the Emperor was hardly at fault for his actions since he was just a kid listening to a manipulative man.

The trainwreck since the first episode is over. Some people disliked the anime after it went heavy anime original but the problem is that the source is not good either. The bad guys except for the former guard from early episodes are just generic villains like the Irregular at Magic High School, maybe some of them are iconic like Esdeath but nothing more! A disaster! Important characters deaths are 90% dumb and bad written! The only exception is Bulat, I want to add that the series has a lot of shock value to the point that I was tired of it. Pacing over the place for 24 episodes while I liked characters interactions, Akame ga Kill! is trash. 2/10 for the anime.

NurguburuSep 8, 2020 5:51 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 13, 2020 1:22 AM

Sep 2018
The direction this anime took sure was strange and probably controversial as well. Almost felt like a cop out, the last five or so episodes. I also find it strange that Akame isn't that relevant until the last few episodes as well, not the strongest "main" character you'll ever see. 8/10 until episode 19, 7/10 for the whole series.
Sep 14, 2020 2:59 PM

Apr 2020
This anime as a whole was amazing in my opinion, but those last two episodes really were a huge step down from the amazing start.
Sep 15, 2020 8:21 AM
Jan 2015
AjSb_UwUj said:
I honestly don't get why people praise this show so much, I think AGK is at least decent. Also Chelsea best girl, its sad and irritating to see her die that way

I know. But Kurome's death was satisfying.
Sep 20, 2020 9:09 AM

Sep 2017
Look...I don't really watch Akame ga KILL!

My wife decided to watch this garbage, and I occasionally glanced up from my computer to say: "why are you watching this garbage?" To which, she said: "this is good garbage..." And there you have it, that's why I'm here.

Thanks for reading. Have a nice day!
Sep 28, 2020 4:43 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Got into this anime expecting complete and utter trash, but watched it regardless because I wanted to give an honest rating. Was better than I initially expected, but just by a bit- a very slim margin.

This is the epitome of standard popcorn anime, this is what you'd compare to your mindless cash grab summer blockbusters. It just be so MEH that it ALMOST hurts. That said, it wasn't bad enough to drop it halfway through, there were a few things that kept me wanting to finish it, and I guess that's a plus in their book. I wouldn't say it was a painful trudge to get through it all, but once it was over, it just disappeared from my mind just like that.

Esdeath is bae and she make me hard triple s tier waifu marry me pls

4/10. Noobs will enjoy probably, pros might die

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 16, 2020 4:57 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Well some survived ... I did not even believe some would lol It's over. Idk I liked the beginning more then the end. Next anime I am coming :D

Oct 24, 2020 3:25 AM
Jul 2020
Damn this anime is best in which I watched so far, I heard that this series doesn’t have plot armor for people’s but that is what , jeez That was sad to dies characters dies in Night Raid especially tasumi, bulat,and others but yeah deserves 10/10 from me
Nov 4, 2020 9:02 AM

Aug 2020
Despite how angry this anime made me and how much it made me cry.. It was one of the better animes I've seen recently. I wish the outcome could've been different but it wouldn't have felt the same then. 9/10

Nov 25, 2020 11:46 AM

Feb 2018
Knowing it was a filler ending, I'd say it did completely OK (nor bad nor good). Somethings were really dumb, but I'm glad it was quickly over after it diverted from the manga.
Dec 7, 2020 12:24 AM

Aug 2018
Finally a torture has ended. Thanks.
Dec 17, 2020 3:08 PM

Jul 2017
This show is one of the worst anime I've ever seen in terms of quality for sure (especially since I can point out so many stupid things about this show on a writing/character basis), but while I would give it a 1/10 on MAL, it's not quite overall the worst ever due to the fact that I wasn't too bored by it, which is at least better than the tons of anime I have at a 1/10 for being such a painful drag to watch while having terrible writing/characters to go along with it.

Oh yeah, and regarding the finale, it sucked too. Abrupt Akame vs Esdeath fight happens out of nowhere after the death of Tatsumi, who like the rest of the cast who died before him, felt like a complete afterthought except the scene where Esdeath chose to die by Tatsumi's side by exploding them together in ice. Plus Leone dying like that at the very end felt incredibly stupid too and added absolutely nothing to the story or the emotional value of it whatsoever, although I rate the minister for actually having the brain to just unleash all of his bullets immediately on her instead of wasting time like a normal anime villain in situations like those. The payoff felt unsatisfying too without any interest left in it whatsoever. Really, this whole finale and whole show was garbagio.
Jan 2, 2021 4:13 AM
Nov 2020
[quote=Sparteh message=36708095]I know 2 languages and am studying another 2. Still I don't know any expressions which would describe how disappointed I am[/quote I know 5 languages and I still don't have words to describe how disappointed I am with the ending.. Tatsumi should've lived with akame at least. :(
Jan 16, 2021 4:01 PM

Aug 2020
The manga? Pft who cares
Jan 28, 2021 10:32 AM

Feb 2019
I'm not sure whether to give this a 6 or a 7.

Starting off, the first 3/4 of the anime were boring and unremarkable. It only really kicked off towards the end.

The animation was GARBAGE. The only time I was impressed was in Mine's last fight scene against the mechanical girl with the freaky dog - that was some Attack on Titan level animation. Why couldn't they do the same with the rest of the anime?

I feel like the revolution "story" was good, but really the last couple of episodes were just a compilation of character deaths. It's like the writer had a mission to kill off one character every episode.

There were some beautifully sad moments (Bols' death) and some purely stupid moments (Mine's death just as she confessed her feelings).

I think I'll give it a 6, I had to force myself to watch the first 15 - 17 episodes. The only thing that saved the show was the characters.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 17, 2021 12:06 AM

May 2020
No matter how much whining you see in these comments, the polling shows only 24% of people saw this show unfavorably. A super majority of people like this show, and many love it. Dont let the miserable people who average a score rating of like 5 effect your view of the show
Feb 27, 2021 6:16 AM
Jun 2019
NickCipolla said:
No matter how much whining you see in these comments, the polling shows only 24% of people saw this show unfavorably. A super majority of people like this show, and many love it. Dont let the miserable people who average a score rating of like 5 effect your view of the show

In fact I quite enjoyed it and am surprised that most reviews I saw rank it so low (like 4 or 5). I think that 7.5 on Mal though is a fair rating for it. Still I never thought the show would be so brutal. Almost everyone dies including the MC! That's also y I probably liked it though, really caught me off guard
Feb 27, 2021 6:20 AM
Jun 2019
So essentially in the end only 2 Night Raid and 2 Jaegers members survive. Looks like balance has been brought to the Force lol Welp time to read the manga and see how it differs
Mar 14, 2021 9:37 AM
Jan 2021
The Manga has a way better end in my opinion cause you more happyends for some of the character, I would say the Manga is a 10 out of 10
Apr 7, 2021 7:30 PM
Feb 2018
Somebody called the ice lady “ice whore” that shit funny as hell🤣🤣🤣
Apr 9, 2021 11:50 AM

Dec 2020
expired_0 said:
The manga? Pft who cares
Yeah this is about anime which I quite enjoyed (last episode was satisfying).
I knew this anime is sad and there's lot drama so why whine about it. There's tons of safe shows like tensura, go watch them. We're not going to see any shounen like this soon.
NickCipolla said:
Exactly!
"Akame ga Feels"
May 9, 2021 5:39 PM

Mar 2016
Akame pulled the most ridiculous stunt outta her ass to finally slay Esdeath once and for all, who's the weak one now huh? You who relied too much on your freeze time ability!

So let's see... Night Raid, the very force that spearheaded this entire revolution, let's see how they turn out shall we.

• Sheele died, her body is devoured
  • Bulat died, his body unknown, probably pushed into the depths of the ocean
  • Chelsea died, her body is devoured
  • Lubbock died, his body unknown, probably cremated or dumped in a mass burial by the Imperials
  • Susanoo died, his body shattered by Esdeath
  • Mine died on Tatsumi's hand, the only member whose body has a proper burial
  • Tatsumi died, his body shattered along with Esdeath
  • Leone died, her body left to rot and decay in the alleyway all alone

Out of everyone, only Mine got a proper burial, and out of everyone, only Najenda will see her name be written down in history since she is also a core member of the revolutionary army. The rest are all but forgotten as they should since they're a group of assassins, they're the unsung heroes known only by the few... Najenda will serve the last few years of her life and die properly as long as there're no assassinations, and Akame will live on to purge the remaining filth off the face of the empire for as long as she lives.

What a shit show with the most fucktastic of event happening left and right. A literal trainwreck, nay, shipwreck! And yet as much as I hate to say this, this show has an exceptionally well-made ending. Literally, every single conceivable thing is shit, but at least they ended with a concrete ending. Still, you can dress up trash with a stainless steel, luxuriously made trash can but it's still trash in its core. But then again, it's pretty nice to watch.
ShadowkillZMay 9, 2021 5:54 PM
May 19, 2021 4:41 AM
May 2021
this anime can cure your depression yo
May 26, 2021 11:48 AM

Aug 2015
I dont really understand all the rage for this anime lol. Everything was quite nice until the end. Trainwreck means the ending went down to shit but I thought it was pretty solid. Night Raid killed the emperor, his advisor and esdeath just like they planned, the empire is under Najenda's rule and all night raid died to achieve that which is basically what was planned since the beginning and was done in a pretty linear way, all of that was also done in the same manner as earlier episodes just more epic. A trainwreck is something like kabaneri of the iron fortress where stuff pops out in the last episodes which wasnt planned and just shit on pervious episodes.
Some stuff are silly and I admit it but didn't ruin it for me: Akame's after image, Leone's unnecessary death, Run fighting Night Raid in the beginning for no real good reason. All can be somewhat excused so it wasnt that big of a deal. Everything else was pretty nice and satisfying. The advisor's death was nice. Episode 23 in particular was 10/10 in the animation department, even episode 24 didnt have that much budget. Tatsumi's death was meaningful and fitting and genuinely good. All other deaths were mainly fitting as well. Music was very well done, "Gekisen" was great in particular. The animation was well done as well, for a 24 episode show it did have consistent quality. Some really fun ideas that you don't see in other run-of-the-mil seinens. All in all it was a really fun re-watch I give it a very deserved 8/10 mainly for enjoyment even though I already knew all the spoilers. As I see, the undeserved rage and low mal score is mainly coming from manga readers which should learn the difference between manga and anime adaptation and viewers who didn't like that their favorite character died which is just silly. Since episode 5 you should've known that almost anyone could die at any moment but whatever.
Jun 8, 2021 10:51 AM
Sep 2020
What an unsatisfactory ending.
Jun 15, 2021 7:46 AM
Jan 2021
AlexanderHD said:

The last image doesn't need any explanation. I'm very glad Wave, at the very least, and the embodiment of purity, made it to the end. I was shocked to see Run was a good guy -- but it was also kinda obvious when (in that one episode) he was seen walking down a main road with Esdeath and acting suspicious like he had ulterior moments. Also, can ewe agree that the red/white checker pattern is aesthetic af?

Any who, those other three images also had me wondering. WHO exactly is that woman with the sandy hair, and the blonde child with the soup?

I know that there are some manga characters that appeared as cameos in the anime but didn't really have any roles. Perhaps these two female characters had something more to do in the manga?

And then the third image of the yellow, pink, and blue appearing children. My interpretation -- and I can almost guarantee I'm right -- is that it's a nod to Mine, whose goal in life was to end discrimination. I'm guessing having pink hair (and dressing in pink) implies you're a foreign and have a potential to receive prejudice. Interestingly, I guess people with blue hair (and blue clothes) or yellow hair (and yellow clothes) can also be foreigners, hehe.

But yeah, I'm wondering about the first three images this person screencapped. Are they more prevalent in the manga?
the woman and child is the guy from the Jaegar’s who got killed by Chelsea, Wife and daughter. You saw them interact with each other earlier on in the series
Jun 25, 2021 4:59 PM
Dec 2020
bastek66 said:
Icewhore's death would be satisfying if she died miserably not with smile. That delusional cunt defiled Tatsumi's corpse. He couldn't even be buried next to Mine or Ieyasu and Sayo.

Why slicing herself with Muramasa didn't kill Akame?

Leone died like street whore, thanks Takahiro and White Fox.

leone didn’t die like a street whore😭😭she group up poor and in the slums as a child and wanted to die in the same place.
Jun 25, 2021 11:52 PM
Nov 2020
It was to hard watch it,but it wasn't that good to see Akame & Esdeath fight but I like the ending where she got a Happy ending.... Forever Tatsumi & Esdeath
Jun 29, 2021 9:58 AM
Jun 2021
Felt a lot of pain during this fight. It's disrespectful not letting Tatsumi rest and in peace with his friends after death just cause on her own selfish desires.
Jul 29, 2021 1:44 PM

Jan 2021
Nothing but pain.
Aug 3, 2021 12:32 PM
Aug 2013
Holy moly. After so many years I finally gave a try this show. It's so bad in terms of characters, plot, writing, and any logic in this show that I just laughed in the last episode. How the hell the score is 7.5?
Anything below 7 on MAL usually is bad but 7.5 to be THIS bad. Why.
I kind of hate myself for wasting 10 hours of my life on this but then I am glad I know such a piece of trash exists and I've experienced it.

Daaaamn characters are more dumb than me before I was even born since they literally have no brain when push comes to shove.
Aug 22, 2021 12:21 PM

Mar 2018
F!!! Well atleast Akame vs Esdeath was cool can't believe our main died not even in last ep but in ep 23
Sep 17, 2021 10:29 PM
Aug 2021
HERO123456 said:
F!!! Well atleast Akame vs Esdeath was cool can't believe our main died not even in last ep but in ep 23
the guy is not the main character it's akame lol
Sep 18, 2021 2:42 AM

Mar 2018
AnImE_nOoBiE8 said:
HERO123456 said:
the guy is not the main character it's akame lol
According to mal tatsumi Character info. He is the main Character.. That's what it Say's... But ya the anime title contain Akame name......so..she is main too just in case i didn't saw tatsumi as a hero kinda guy and also he was the weakest
Oct 12, 2021 4:53 AM

Feb 2021
So as expected they left akame alive bc it's akame ga kill,the only good thing is the fight scenes were not as bad as the story

The whole story plot is just like killing the characters, in the early episodes they given more priority to story and character developments but at last it changed to emotional drama I am fine with that,but they killed Leone in miserable way, Tatsumi body was gone,idk why they killed the emperor he is just a puppet and more than that he is still kid.

There are so many animes with sad endings,but I think this one was bad,so they didn't exactly showed more about the revolutionary army and it's been 7 years still no update, so I think there is no 2 nd season
Oct 12, 2021 5:53 AM
Oct 2021
This show is Masterpiece !
Oct 25, 2021 7:39 AM
Jan 2020
this was so bad that it was good like tf it was all meaningless they replaced one tyrant with another one
Dec 27, 2021 1:17 AM
Nov 2018
show was alright ig
Feb 17, 2022 7:34 AM
Feb 2022
It was wery interesting to me fight wore good story was good characters were ok it was a solid show
Mar 9, 2022 8:39 PM
May 2021
Well I thought I should rewatch it and yeah I still think this anime is trash.
Apr 4, 2022 9:38 AM
Aug 2021
This is the best shit I've ever seen since School Days.
May 18, 2022 3:19 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this was my first rewatch of the series in 4-5 years and, while I've come to sort of agree with a lot of complaints that the show gets, it's still a fine-good series for me.

Episode 19 onwards was where the show sort of veered off into anime-original territory and it certainly wasn't the finest nor well crafted finish to the journey but I feel like it still tied up the story in a decent way. Leone's death is often looked down upon by critics and honestly, I don't really get it. She got her power stolen so it's only natural that she'd not be able to heal up. In fact, I'd argue what's amazing is the fact that she managed to stick around for that long after taking those bullets.

As for the aspects I've come to agree, they include:

- Akame's power up from the weapon, that was pretty inexplicable hoenstly and bothered me a bit too but I suppose there's just no way to handle Esdeath otherwise so I'll give it a hard pass.

- Mine & Tatsumi literally taking hit after hit beyond comprehension only for the sake of the plot. Fair enough.

- Edginess factor. Not the actual blood part, but more so relating to how the show handles the deaths. Somehow, the show tries to downplay this obviously but it often rubbed me off the wrong way.

On the other hand, I think there were a lot more aspects of the show to admire. Soundtrack for one was a standout for me. I sort of felt like they may have overplayed the main theme a little bit but well. Listening to Op 2 after a long time was a nice treat for the ears too.

Action scenes were crisp and the fast pace of the show sort of had a momentum to keep things intense. Also, I like how some of the villains characterisation was handled. There's not really a wrong or right side and both have good and bad deeds, I really felt that from the show.

All in all, it's no denying that it obviously wasn't as good as I remember it to be but then again, I think a generous 7/10 is fitting for me. Mind you, I'm not the biggest action fan. But for a premise like this, it's almost hard to pass. And I kind of got what I wanted from the show so I'll take it.
_MushiRock11_Dec 26, 2022 1:29 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 26, 2022 7:14 PM
May 2022
Am I the only one who think that
death was unnecessary. Overall all the characters death was justified and/or built up to but Leone's death was just unceremonious. It felt like she died cause they didn't want any other characters than Akame live. Everyone else's death was either epis or emotional but hers was kinda weird to put in there. I do like that she dies in the same street that she grew up on as a kid but it always felt like she didn't really needed to die
Aug 2, 2022 2:33 AM
Feb 2021
Nlih nimek bagus dibanding manga no debat
Aug 11, 2022 10:54 AM
Aug 2022
Awesome but very Sad
Pages (28) « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2014

282 by Cammell »»
Apr 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2014

981 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 11:02 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

471 by Fiorno »»
Apr 13, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Uff...those continuous deaths

S1H2A3N - Mar 17

1 by 7Hunna_Jahmir »»
Mar 26, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

428 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 1, 8:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.