Favorites Boosting Accounts: Ranking Recalculations

New
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 9, 2021 9:43 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
345EdwardElric said:
Roevhaal said:
Some characters are still botted, 10 characters from Wataten got botten by 450 favourites each over night quite a while back. You removed the ones from the main cast and Koyori Tanemura but 5 supporting characters still have their +450 favourites boost

https://myanimelist.net/character/164027/Kanon_Konomori
https://myanimelist.net/character/169042/Yuuna_Matsumoto
https://myanimelist.net/character/164025/Kouko_Matsumoto
https://myanimelist.net/character/170605/Emily_Himesaka
https://myanimelist.net/character/169926/Chizuru_Hoshino

I think Gabi from AoT also falls in this category too, she fell from over 14k favs to 1236 favs right away after the recalculation, but within a span of 1 and a 1/2 days she has once again risen to 1359 rapidly.

The bots seem to be quite persistent in what they are doing so I have some doubts regarding how long the effects of this whole recalculation will actually last lol. They need to be removed yet again right away otherwise they'd just keep boosting the member favourites just like they did before.
these were never removed in the first place though, 10 Wataten characters (same as number of favourites a non-supporter can have) got a boost of 450 over night and hasn't seen any bot activity again (as far as I can tell) in over a year now. Half of the characters got their bot votes removed while the other half didn't.
May 9, 2021 10:39 AM

Feb 2019
This is definitely done by bots

Please check this
https://myanimelist.net/character/85361/Kawachi
May 9, 2021 11:06 AM

May 2011
Hoping bots that rate 1's and 10's for score fixing will be next in line.
May 9, 2021 3:18 PM

Feb 2021
Hahahaahahhaha emilia fanbase was mostly bots hahahhaha

Im glad for okabe, he deserve it ...
Also glad for levi, the only reason i wacth aot
Am also glad to read that luffy fanbase boost their fave by more of 50% , for some reason that give me joy

In general this post make me happy hahahahha
May 9, 2021 3:47 PM

Mar 2019
Yeah yeah this is what I really wanted yeah... I don’t mind if my favourites go down but this is the correct thing done, cause I really like seeing the stats of various things on this site which damn those fakes hindered too much ( angry face )
If there was no one else within a 5-kilometer radius from Shimamura, and she was in a deep sleep and an all-knowing deity just happened to reassure me that she wasn’t going to wake up the next 24 hours, maybe I’d get bored after 23 hours and I might kiss her once to relieve some boredom...
May 9, 2021 6:24 PM
Feb 2018
Haha Lelouch reigns at the top, luffy won’t be stopping him anytime soon
May 9, 2021 7:39 PM
Aug 2018
Noir_Alchemist said:

Am also glad to read that luffy fanbase boost their fave by more of 50% , for some reason that give me joy

I don't know mate but I am pretty sure that MAL doesn't represent fanbase of a character. So saying fanbase of x character is mostly bot on basis of MAL isn't accurate. If anything she came first in poll of best female winter 2021 on Anitrend (With over 100k voters) securing around 43k+ votes.To add on to what I said Other Rezero character, Rem also lost around 37k favourites (around the same amount of favourites as Emilia) but this doesn't mean most of Rem fanbase is bots. Anyways have a great day.
May 9, 2021 8:07 PM

Feb 2021
Pulkit200 said:
Noir_Alchemist said:

I don't know mate but I am pretty sure that MAL doesn't represent fanbase of a character. So saying fanbase of x character is mostly bot on basis of MAL isn't accurate. If anything she came first in poll of best female winter 2021 on Anitrend (With over 100k voters) securing around 43k+ votes.To add on to what I said Other Rezero character, Rem also lost around 37k favourites (around the same amount of favourites as Emilia) but this doesn't mean most of Rem fanbase is bots. Anyways have a great day.

Is funny cuz i find emilia fans really easy, what make you think that im a rem fan ? Since you bring it up , oh right cuz all re zero fanbase think that you have to choose a waifu, i watched that show for the plot but im not a fan... but is funny how the fanbase is always so defensive, anyway did you miss the post or something, here on MAL most favorites of emilia were bots, thereford their fans did that to boost her rank, im not talking about any other magazines neither i care, i find it funny cuz it is funny, i also mention luffy and that include other one piece characters... is funny for me how some fans do so many childish behavior

This post still make me happy, for some reason, yeah i guess it is cuz some fan here take their faves spot that seriously that they make accounts or use bots for that xD , almost like kpop fans streaming the same song over and over again to claim "look we have more views" , who cares ?
Like whatever you want withouth the need to be popular :/
May 9, 2021 8:14 PM

Feb 2021
Kijdenvoot said:
People here celebrating their favs rising and mourning their favs dropping, and here I am with favs few to no people care about to actually bot lmao

Thata right i only rekon the girl from azumanga daioh, chaika, and that girl from non non biyori , oh and that girl from kon... sooo you like cgtct
May 9, 2021 8:25 PM
Aug 2018
Noir_Alchemist said:
Pulkit200 said:

Is funny cuz i find emilia fans really easy, what make you think that im a rem fan ? Since you bring it up , oh right cuz all re zero fanbase think that you have to choose a waifu, i watched that show for the plot but im not a fan... but is funny how the fanbase is always so defensive, anyway did you miss the post or something, here on MAL most favorites of emilia were bots, thereford their fans did that to boost her rank, im not talking about any other magazines neither i care, i find it funny cuz it is funny, i also mention luffy and that include other one piece characters... is funny for me how some fans do so many childish behavior

This post still make me happy, for some reason, yeah i guess it is cuz some fan here take their faves spot that seriously that they make accounts or use bots for that xD , almost like kpop fans streaming the same song over and over again to claim "look we have more views" , who cares ?
Like whatever you want withouth the need to be popular :/

I never said that you are Rem fan , you just assumed that. I just wanted to use an example for what i was trying to say and since i was talking about Re:Zero, I used Rem because she was the only character comparable here and I also don't care about this waifu war , everyone has different taste/opinion/preference so me forcing my taste/preference/opinion on someone else is stupid. So i don't care what character you like. Only Reason i commented was because you said :

In this statement , it seems like you are saying that MAL represents entire fanbase of a character, at least it sounded like this to me. Heck this isn't even related to Re:Zero , you could have said name of any "X" character instead of Emilia and i would have still said the same thing. Only reason i used Emilia and Rem as example was because character you used in your original statement was Emilia and believe me I watch Re:Zero for story and plot too. I have been part of fanbase since 2016 and read novels upto latest arc like 4 times now (mentioned this so you don't confuse me with waifu war fnatic). Anyways have a good day mate.
May 10, 2021 5:16 AM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
Wow I didn't expect there were so many booster accounts. So bad, some of my favourite characters dropped hard, I thought they were actually loved that much. I hope at this point the purge will be done on rankings too, some top tier shows have more 1 than 2 and 3, too many. I am convinced there must be a certain amount of trolls giving 1 to everything.
Thrasher96May 10, 2021 5:37 AM
May 10, 2021 8:46 AM
Feb 2021
Why Levi is so up there and Light so down ?
I like how people like Okabe .. its pretty good .
May 10, 2021 9:10 AM
Aug 2011
Scordolo said:
IronicExArmFan said:
Also, do something about the Vivy bots! They are artificially inflating the score of the anime while deflating the score of nearly every other anime airing this season.

Ok so if you don't like an anime and that has a high score it is done by bots?Lol people have different opinions.Grow up.

No, you can detect if it's happening.

You don't look at high scores however, you focus on 1/10 scores of directly competing shows and see if there's a pattern in what those accounts are also doing - like if 99% of people who hated LoGH also just happen to be a huge FMAB fan and those are the only two shows listed in their account, that would be strong evidence that those accounts exist as blatant troll accounts for score manipulation.

This is not saying that nobody could give LoGH 1/10 or FMAB 10/10, but it's about the improbability of 1000's of people existing who only ever saw exactly those two shows and gave those exact same scores, yet no such similar accounts exists that saw those two exact shows but "happened" to give LoGH 2/10 or greater. So you get a lot of blatant troll accounts which only ever rate things 1/10 OR 10/10 yet have nothing scored in the 2/10 to 9/10 range, and those accounts consistently down-vote everything that just happens to be close in the ratings to their one and only show they think gets 10/10.

So, for example, to find these, you look through LoGH's "stats" page, find the 1/10 accounts then look at those and you can get direct evidence of which specific shows those accounts are trying to "boost".

EDIT: btw I went through the LoGH scores and the most recent account that gave this 1/10 is this one, which is a one-day old account
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sara0707?status=2
And, predictably it's an account that downvotes every other show in the top-10 as 1/10 but also upvotes all AoT seasons as 10/10. This is what the troll accounts all look like. LoGH 1/10, Steins;Gate 1/10, FMAB 1/10, Gintama 1/10 then AoT: all 10/10 and they usually haven't seen any other shows on their list. And there's no rhyme or reason to what shows they've actually seen. For example, this account apparently saw 3 Gatsu no Lion second season and hated it, giving it 1/10. But ... they never even saw 3 Gatsu no Lion first fucking season.

There's no evidence this is happening on an airing-seasons basis however. For Vivy, the direct competition is Fumetsu no Anata e, so to detect troll accounts using the above trick you'd look through accounts scoring Fumetsu no Anata e as 1/10 and see if they're consistently trolling for Vivy. But there just aren't many accounts gving Fumetsu no Anata e 1/10 in the first place, certainly not enough to shift any scores.
cipheronMay 10, 2021 9:40 AM
May 10, 2021 9:22 AM

Dec 2016
Drizzl said:
Why does it seem like the character favourite numbers never seem to be going up?? Even with growth in this websites popularity. You'd think numbers would be increasing, quite weird.. I wonder how there bot removal system works.

I second this feeling. After this recalculation it gives the impression that there's no correlation between the site's userbase growth and characters' favorites growth. One did go up, while the other for some reason, kinda held back.
May 10, 2021 10:10 AM
Sep 2008
Nico Robin - 62%

Lol, I knew it. More than half of this disgusting character's fans were fake.
May 10, 2021 11:22 AM
Feb 2021
samashi20 said:
I knew Luffy and Light were botted af, but 46% for Luffy? Wow. I think Levi deserves the second spot after all. I'm not even surprised Shingeki Final season favorites are 33% bots, that's actually lower than expected.

Thank you for your hard work!
shut yo stupid ass up lol luffy is 1000 times better than Levi trash ass😂😂 he’s shouldn’t even be top 10 lol. Retarded aot fans
May 10, 2021 11:49 AM

Oct 2020
please do something about this Bots, i dont even remember when and who he is but he has tons of favs even more than some important characters.
May 10, 2021 12:20 PM
Jul 2018
I just want to ask if this cleaning is only done periodically?? because some of the characters liked by Bots still get Botting until now.
May 10, 2021 2:53 PM

Mar 2016
I kind of knew something was wrong with the progression of some characters, but I wasn't as active on the site as I was before to figure out what. Well, I am very happy that you fixed this again. Congrats on taking good and constant care of the site. I was sad to see that Light was not part of the top 5 for a while now, but oh well. xd
“They call certain methods of fighting good and others evil, acting as if there were some nobility to the battlefield. Such illusions, perpetrated by heroes throughout history, have led countless young men to their bloody deaths, all for the sake of this valor and glory.”
~Kiritsugu Emiya
May 10, 2021 4:12 PM

Jan 2015
Meanwhile, review botting is back. So many seasonal anime reviews got booted today.
May 10, 2021 6:01 PM
Oct 2020
Sakuta002766 said:

Please check this

Snow_dropindo99 said:
please do something about this Bots, i dont even remember when and who he is but he has tons of favs even more than some important characters.

Okay I actually have a potential guess for this one, cause prior to the bot cleaning, similar characters like the Street Vendor from Steins;Gate had 3k went and went down as a result of the recalc.
But this guy stayed the same.

So either MAL didn't catch these ones

Or my personal dumbass theory: several people mistook this guy for Maou.
It is extremely unlikely but I think it'd be hilarious if that was the actual case.
May 10, 2021 6:14 PM

May 2018
Mai sakurajima pretty healty as a newcommer in the top 50.

Oh man,i can't believe it.. Elaina got boosted to and its pretty huge probably around 65%. Hello fans be healty please.

Anyway goodjob MAL!
May 10, 2021 10:27 PM

Aug 2020
tokihikki said:
Really glad to see everyone 'going back' to their positions. You should probably take a look at Nanami Mami too, there's no way she has any favorites lol.

Mami has that much cuz she's hot and she deserves them.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
May 10, 2021 10:27 PM

Jul 2020
cipheron said:
Scordolo said:

Ok so if you don't like an anime and that has a high score it is done by bots?Lol people have different opinions.Grow up.

No, you can detect if it's happening.

You don't look at high scores however, you focus on 1/10 scores of directly competing shows and see if there's a pattern in what those accounts are also doing - like if 99% of people who hated LoGH also just happen to be a huge FMAB fan and those are the only two shows listed in their account, that would be strong evidence that those accounts exist as blatant troll accounts for score manipulation.

This is not saying that nobody could give LoGH 1/10 or FMAB 10/10, but it's about the improbability of 1000's of people existing who only ever saw exactly those two shows and gave those exact same scores, yet no such similar accounts exists that saw those two exact shows but "happened" to give LoGH 2/10 or greater. So you get a lot of blatant troll accounts which only ever rate things 1/10 OR 10/10 yet have nothing scored in the 2/10 to 9/10 range, and those accounts consistently down-vote everything that just happens to be close in the ratings to their one and only show they think gets 10/10.

So, for example, to find these, you look through LoGH's "stats" page, find the 1/10 accounts then look at those and you can get direct evidence of which specific shows those accounts are trying to "boost".

EDIT: btw I went through the LoGH scores and the most recent account that gave this 1/10 is this one, which is a one-day old account
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Sara0707?status=2
And, predictably it's an account that downvotes every other show in the top-10 as 1/10 but also upvotes all AoT seasons as 10/10. This is what the troll accounts all look like. LoGH 1/10, Steins;Gate 1/10, FMAB 1/10, Gintama 1/10 then AoT: all 10/10 and they usually haven't seen any other shows on their list. And there's no rhyme or reason to what shows they've actually seen. For example, this account apparently saw 3 Gatsu no Lion second season and hated it, giving it 1/10. But ... they never even saw 3 Gatsu no Lion first fucking season.

There's no evidence this is happening on an airing-seasons basis however. For Vivy, the direct competition is Fumetsu no Anata e, so to detect troll accounts using the above trick you'd look through accounts scoring Fumetsu no Anata e as 1/10 and see if they're consistently trolling for Vivy. But there just aren't many accounts gving Fumetsu no Anata e 1/10 in the first place, certainly not enough to shift any scores.

Wow,thanks for providing information.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
May 10, 2021 11:51 PM
Oct 2020
LeonCnnD said:
Nico Robin - 62%

Lol, I knew it. More than half of this disgusting character's fans were fake.

She is still literally in the Top 100 though.
May 11, 2021 2:58 AM

May 2009
Bots are back for Mami from Kusokari and Itsuki from 5toubun
May 11, 2021 3:55 AM

Jan 2015
MediaMayhem said:
Sakuta002766 said:

Please check this

Snow_dropindo99 said:

Okay I actually have a potential guess for this one, cause prior to the bot cleaning, similar characters like the Street Vendor from Steins;Gate had 3k went and went down as a result of the recalc.

It is extremely unlikely but I think it'd be hilarious if that was the actual case.

He got 0 favs now lol
May 11, 2021 5:07 AM

Dec 2016
Just realized that even Seiya suffered a big hit after this "recalculation". Astonished to notice how even the mc from a series whose fanbase in MAL literally consists of me and another 3 guys was being heavily botted too. The classic shonen boy couldn't even get at least 1,000 favorites in a site where every single shounen protagonist ever except him does and as if that hadn't been humiliating enough... now he can't even get 500. Furthermore, now not a single character of the franchise is above 1,000 favorites either. AMAZING.

I officially hate this site.
May 11, 2021 6:22 AM
Sep 2020
KuroDubZero said:
I've been on this website for over a decade and honestly didn't know about the top favorite character thing. Or maybe I forgot at some point. That's how little I actually care for these top favorites. It is nice to see some changes for the people who actually care though.

What about the ratings for fmab increasing ??
May 11, 2021 7:25 AM

Feb 2019
damn, the top 10 character list is actually pretty cringe
May 11, 2021 8:14 AM

Jul 2013
Thank you for the effort. Browsing Myanimelist has become quite annoying with these fake scores & favorites
May 11, 2021 9:48 AM

Aug 2020
Moon_Cakee said:
You did it like going back 5 months ago. Lmao

i think this is actually what they did too haha just revert it back before it went out of control
May 11, 2021 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
May 11, 2021 10:38 AM
Jul 2018
They still don't seem to learn from the same mistakes, some characters that liked by Bots like Mami, Itsuki, and Ichigo still getting Botting until now. some people just never learn smh.
May 11, 2021 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
Some characters loved by Bots like Itsuki, Mami, Ichigo and Emilia still get Botting until now. is this system temporary?? they just made the character rank rigged.
https://myanimelist.net/character/161471/Itsuki_Nakano
https://myanimelist.net/character/169181/Mami_Nanami
https://myanimelist.net/character/155680/Ichigo
https://myanimelist.net/character/118737/Emilia

removed-userMay 11, 2021 10:58 AM
May 11, 2021 10:43 AM

Feb 2019
This character is also getting botted

May 11, 2021 11:03 AM

Oct 2020
Snackgamers557 said:
Some characters loved by Bots like Itsuki, Mami, Ichigo and Emilia still get Botting until now. is this system temporary?? they just made the character rank rigged.
https://myanimelist.net/character/161471/Itsuki_Nakano
https://myanimelist.net/character/169181/Mami_Nanami
https://myanimelist.net/character/155680/Ichigo

I feel bad for the Mods who put all their time and effort into combating these fake accounts. The fact that the bots are acting up again it's like they were slapped in the face. I don't think they even get paid for doing this.
May 11, 2021 2:01 PM

Dec 2015
the Chika/Itsuki/Mami/Emilia bots are back
>_<
May 11, 2021 4:28 PM
Oct 2020
Inferno792 said:
MediaMayhem said:

He got 0 favs now lol

Well...I did say it was a dumbass theory lol
May 11, 2021 4:38 PM

Dec 2020
Botting achieves nothing and only makes fans of a character look bad. Seriously who cares where a fictional character ranks on a random ass list on a website enough to waste time botting favourites that will mean nothing cos everyone knows they're false.
May 11, 2021 7:35 PM
May 2021
is this only for favorites...? what about ranking like how people downvote any show that gets remotely close to fmab
May 11, 2021 7:36 PM
Nov 2018
Ichigo . Imilia . Fujiwara and others still get botting.
Ichigo 3k bots in 2 days
May 11, 2021 8:22 PM
Oct 2019
i wish MAL mods will see this . i just want to make a suggestion , u should stop the problem from the roots cuz bots are still going so how about some new rules in this site for example : ANY NEW ACCOUNT CANNOT SELECT ANY FAV CHARACTERS / ANIMES / MANGA / PEOPLE / SCORE COUNT, NEITHER MAKE REVIEWS UNTIL 30 DAYS HAVE PASSED SINCE THE SIGN IN DATE . THIS IS JUST ONE EXAMPLE IN MY MIND AND IT WILL END BOTS FOR SURE BUT I GUESS IT MAY TAKE MONTHS TO APPLY THIS BUT PLEASE JUST CONSIDER IT . IF ANY ONE AGREES JUST REPOST IT
May 11, 2021 9:04 PM

Dec 2020
HeshamJohnny said:
i wish MAL mods will see this . i just want to make a suggestion , u should stop the problem from the roots cuz bots are still going so how about some new rules in this site for example : ANY NEW ACCOUNT CANNOT SELECT ANY FAV CHARACTERS / ANIMES / MANGA / PEOPLE / SCORE COUNT, NEITHER MAKE REVIEWS UNTIL 30 DAYS HAVE PASSED SINCE THE SIGN IN DATE . THIS IS JUST ONE EXAMPLE IN MY MIND AND IT WILL END BOTS FOR SURE BUT I GUESS IT MAY TAKE MONTHS TO APPLY THIS BUT PLEASE JUST CONSIDER IT . IF ANY ONE AGREES JUST REPOST IT
That would seriously be offputting for new members.

A better idea would be for new member's reviews and character favourites to not contribute to the favourites list and shows score until a certain period of time has passed; so new members can still favourite characters and review shows but this won't affect the sites systems until a date has passed from account activation. idek if this is possible but it's an idea.
May 11, 2021 9:37 PM
Nov 2016
Please check out something about in this characters:

https://myanimelist.net/character/66975/Shin_Yasuda

It's definitely bots.
May 11, 2021 10:54 PM
Oct 2019
conrrr said:
HeshamJohnny said:

A better idea would be for new member's reviews and character favourites to not contribute to the favourites list and shows score until a certain period of time has passed; so new members can still favourite characters and review shows but this won't affect the sites systems until a date has passed from account activation. idek if this is possible but it's an idea.
Your idea would be perfect if account activation is measured by member activity on the site but no it is all about time which means that bots effect would be just delayed for the 30 days and then will count so we achieved nothing we have to be strict to stop these trolls
May 12, 2021 4:22 AM

Dec 2018
KenyoBee said:
My focus just to...

Most Affected Top 50 Favorites
Anime: Kimetsu no Yaiba (33%) & Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season (33%)
Manga: Death Note (23%) & Naruto (18%)
Characters: Ichigo (Darling in the Franxx) (84%) & Emilia (Re:Zero) (69%)

I mean SNK final season is still top 20 so I dont understand this one. ( Rank after 30, -10)
May 12, 2021 5:41 AM

Dec 2015
conrrr said:

Your idea would be perfect if account activation is measured by member activity on the site but no it is all about time which means that bots effect would be just delayed for the 30 days and then will count so we achieved nothing we have to be strict to stop these trolls

It would be useful if they put a "captcha" in creating accounts
>_<
May 12, 2021 8:49 AM

Oct 2019
well, mostly fixed. But bots there are still botting trying to favorite characters again, so there's still a big loophole right now....
May 12, 2021 12:14 PM
Oct 2020
🤑 God's job 🤑 business are business, can't wait to see the next correction XD
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3341 by Terra_strong »»
10 hours ago

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kineta - Feb 23

197 by Avengerlight »»
Yesterday, 12:38 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

211 by Kauam_ »»
Apr 16, 8:37 AM

» MAL Game "Fantasy Anime League" Opens for Spring 2024 ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 17

144 by The_real_maomao »»
Apr 9, 4:26 PM

» English Titles Added to Desktop; Moving Towards a Romanized/English Toggle ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Feb 12, 2020

121 by Vaturna »»
Apr 4, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.