Forum Settings
Forums

'Ryuu to Sobakasu no Hime' Unveils Supporting Cast Members [Update 5/14]

New
May 6, 2021 9:42 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

The official website for Mamoru Hosoda's new anime movie Ryuu to Sobakasu no Hime (Belle) revealed four supporting cast on Friday. The new cast will play the schoolmates of the protagonist, Suzu. The anime movie is scheduled to open in theaters in July 2021.

Cast
Shinobu Hisatake: Ryou Narita (Kimi no na Wa.)
Shinjirou Chikami: Shouta Sometani (Bakemono no Ko)
Ruka Watanabe: Tina Tamashiro (Aku no Hana live-action)
Hiroka Betsuyaku: Rira Ikuta (YOASOBI vocalist)

Hosoda is writing and directing the movie at Studio Chizu, and Taisei Iwasaki (Kekkai Sensen, Hisone to Maso-tan) is the music director and composer. Jin Kim (Frozen, Big Hero 6) is the character designer for the protagonist Belle. Irish studio Cartoon Saloon and Wolfwalkers directors Tomm Moore and Ross Stewart are credited as collaborators for the movie.

Source: Cinematoday

Update May 14
The official website for the Ryuu to Sobakasu no Hime (Belle) anime movie revealed four additional cast on Friday.

Cast
Justin: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu)
Jelinek: Kenjirou Tsuda (Gokushufudou)
Swan: Mami Koyama (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
Tarou Hitokawamui, Maru Guttokorae: Mamoru Miyano (Zombieland Saga)

Romanized character names have not been confirmed.

Source: animate Times
VindstotMay 20, 2021 8:11 PM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 7, 2021 5:24 AM

Apr 2012
Why does VA of these films have model looks all the time? Do they take actors and actresses from doramas?

May 7, 2021 6:24 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
Why does VA of these films have model looks all the time? Do they take actors and actresses from doramas?

yes they take actors and actresses from doramons ,
May 7, 2021 6:47 AM

Apr 2012
Zean_9435 said:
RobertBobert said:

But why? Why are they better than professional VAs? Or is it an attempt to attract people outside anime fandom?
May 7, 2021 7:06 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
Zean_9435 said:

But why? Why are they better than professional VAs? Or is it an attempt to attract people outside anime fandom?
they don't want the audience to recognise the voice actor who is given voice to their respective characters , they want their character to have a unique voice , voice which is not used in any other anime I guess ,

Sorry for my bad English hope my words make some sence
May 7, 2021 7:58 AM

Apr 2012
Zean_9435 said:
RobertBobert said:

they don't want the audience to recognise the voice actor who is given voice to their respective characters , they want their character to have a unique voice , voice which is not used in any other anime I guess ,

So, are these actors little known?
May 7, 2021 8:13 AM

Sep 2020
RobertBobert said:
Zean_9435 said:

yaa they are little known in anime industry , I thought you knew this already 😅
ZXEANMay 7, 2021 8:39 AM
May 7, 2021 8:02 PM
Jan 2021
Zean_9435 said:
RobertBobert said:

Ikura isn't even a VA
May 7, 2021 8:34 PM

Sep 2020
theHamzter said:
Zean_9435 said:

Ikura isn't even a VA
I guess not ,He/She might have taken part in audition for that role and got selected , Usually in movies directed by Shinkai , Hosoda , and ( Ghibli movies ) the VA cast is selected by audition among non professional VA , I have read this in Wikipedia that for the lead role of weathering with you 2000+ people gave audition
May 9, 2021 12:38 PM

Jul 2009
RobertBobert said:
Zean_9435 said:

Just wanted to add that even though in the anime industry they aren't very known, both guys (especially Sometani. He won best new actor at Venice Film Festival (and more) yeaaaars ago) are well-known names in the acting scene. Tamashiro is still up-and-coming.
May 9, 2021 3:09 PM

Apr 2012
kuroicho said:
RobertBobert said:

Just wanted to add that even though in the anime industry they aren't very known, both guys (especially Sometani. He won best new actor at Venice Film Festival (and more) yeaaaars ago) are well-known names in the acting scene. Tamashiro is still up-and-coming.

If they are good at voice acting, then I have no complaints. I just don’t understand why anime films take on theater actors more often than VAs.
May 10, 2021 12:17 AM

Apr 2016
I would like to see another Studio Chizu movie. This one looks interesting enough.
May 11, 2021 3:20 AM

Jul 2009
RobertBobert said:
kuroicho said:

If they are good at voice acting, then I have no complaints. I just don’t understand why anime films take on theater actors more often than VAs.

As far as I'm aware it's to have a "new" feeling as in "not all the familiar VAs being there again" but also just since they could possibly attract a new crowd in the fans of the actors etc. There's probably more reasons. Maybe it's easier budgetwise too.

I'm pretty certain they also have different ways of recording, so schedulingwise it might be in their best interest to just get actors rather than VAs who always have something going on somewhere (as they have a lot of side-projects/events like streams, VA-groups, and music as well).

Skillwise taking actors instead of VAs is always a hit or miss. There are a few that are pretty good at it, think Kamiki Ryunosuke and Hongo Kanata (but they are also passionate about it), but there's also a whole series of them who've never tried before and just get thrown in with no experience because of being a big name and all. In this case Sometani should be decent enough (he's done some stuff before) but the others I'm sadly only familiar with when it comes to their regular job.
May 12, 2021 6:59 AM

Apr 2012
kuroicho said:
RobertBobert said:

As far as I'm aware it's to have a "new" feeling as in "not all the familiar VAs being there again" but also just since they could possibly attract a new crowd in the fans of the actors etc. There's probably more reasons. Maybe it's easier budgetwise too.

I'm pretty certain they also have different ways of recording, so schedulingwise it might be in their best interest to just get actors rather than VAs who always have something going on somewhere (as they have a lot of side-projects/events like streams, VA-groups, and music as well).

Skillwise taking actors instead of VAs is always a hit or miss. There are a few that are pretty good at it, think Kamiki Ryunosuke and Hongo Kanata (but they are also passionate about it), but there's also a whole series of them who've never tried before and just get thrown in with no experience because of being a big name and all. In this case Sometani should be decent enough (he's done some stuff before) but the others I'm sadly only familiar with when it comes to their regular job.

The most ironic thing about this is that I will most likely see this film in Russian voice acting, so I will hear standard voice actors from my country anyway.
May 13, 2021 10:00 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
News Update
The official website for the Ryuu to Sobakasu no Hime (Belle) anime movie revealed four additional cast on Friday.

Cast
Justin: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu)
Jelinek: Kenjirou Tsuda (Gokushufudou)
Swan: Mami Koyama (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
Tarou Hitokawamui, Maru Guttokorae: Mamoru Miyano (Zombieland Saga)

Romanized character names have not been confirmed.

Source: animate Times
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 5 hours ago

10 by Avery20 »»
8 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Saikyou no Shienshoku "Wajutsushi" de Aru Ore wa Sekai Saikyou Clan wo Shitagaeru' Gets TV Anime in Fall 2024

Vindstot - Apr 21

8 by modcarparking »»
5 hours ago

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

11 by modcarparking »»
5 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
8 hours ago

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.