Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu' Gets TV Anime

New
Apr 17, 2021 5:10 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The Overlap Bunko 8th Anniversary event announced a television anime adaptation of Enki Hakari's Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu (Skeleton Knight in Another World) light novel on Saturday. The publisher simultaneously launched an official website, revealing the main cast, staff, a key visual (pictured), and promotional video.

Synopsis
One day, a gamer played video games until he fell asleep...and when he woke up, he found himself in the game world—as a skeleton! Equipped with the powerful weapons and armor of his avatar but stuck with its frightening skeletal appearance, Arc has to find a place for himself in this new, fantastical land. All his hopes for a quiet life are dashed when he crosses paths with a beautiful elven warrior, setting him on a journey full of conflict and adventure. (Source: Seven Seas Entertainment)

Cast
Arc Raratoia: Tomoaki Maeno (Log Horizon)
Ariane Glenys Raratoia: Ai Fairouz (Dumbbell Nan Kilo Moteru?)
Ponta: Nene Hieda (Senyoku no Sigrdrifa)

Staff
Director: Katsumi Ono (Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV, Girly Air Force)
Series Composition: Takeshi Kikuchi (Night Wizard original creator, Ragnastrike Angels script)
Character Design: Tooru Imanishi (Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii Desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii Desu ka?, Super Cub)
Music: Eba (Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil opening theme composition), Tsubasa Itou (Princess Connect! Re:Dive)
Studio: Studio Kai, Hornets

Hakari began penning the action fantasy novel on the Shousetsuka ni Narou website in October 2014. Overlap began publishing the series featuring illustrations by KeG the following June and published the ninth volume in March 2019. The light novel has a cumulative 1.5 million of its copies in circulation.

Akira Sawano began drawing a manga adaptation on Overlap's Comic Gardo web manga portal in February 2017. The seventh volume shipped on August 25 last year, with the eighth volume going on sale on April 25.

Seven Seas Entertainment licensed both the light novel and manga in September 2018 and published the eighth novel volume on February 23 and the fifth manga volume last December.

PV

Official site: https://skeleton-knight.com/
Official Twitter: @gaikotsukishi
Novel special site: https://over-lap.co.jp/skeleton-knight/

Source: Dengeki Online

Gaikotsu Kishi-sama, Tadaima Isekai e Odekakechuu on MAL
VindstotApr 17, 2021 7:42 PM

Apr 17, 2021 5:47 AM

Feb 2021
please not another isekai

obscure anime for u idiots to watch right NOW
1.Odd Taxi WATCH THIS!!!!!
2.LINK CLICK super underrated!! (chinese, foto-time travelling, emotional stories dope music)
3.Mashiro no Oto if u like traditional jap banger music

please support Cherry&virgin if u can!!
Apr 17, 2021 6:08 AM

Apr 2016
Will we ever get an isekai where the isekai world dies and get reincarnated into a high school boy ?
Apr 17, 2021 6:21 AM

Apr 2014

Ainz Ooal Gown??? 😂
That elf looks pretty hot.
何それ?意味分かんない
Apr 17, 2021 6:33 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Tfw Ainz can't undo his Perfect Warrior for some reason and have to stuck with it for eternity.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 17, 2021 7:09 AM

Mar 2018
i aint an isekai guy but i am a skeleton guy, i'll keep this on my radar
Apr 17, 2021 7:30 AM

Feb 2021
sntiago said:

Watched the pv. guys I'm so tired.
It's a fkn isekai gamer whiteknighting a girl that's being sexually assaulted. The sexual assault is of course drawn in a titillating detailed way. In THE TRAILER.
Sexual violence against women in your fantasy story? How inventive

At this point I'm going to develop a violent hate against this genre and break out in an allergic rash at the mention of "..get transported to another world"
obscure anime for u idiots to watch right NOW
1.Odd Taxi WATCH THIS!!!!!
2.LINK CLICK super underrated!! (chinese, foto-time travelling, emotional stories dope music)
3.Mashiro no Oto if u like traditional jap banger music

please support Cherry&virgin if u can!!
Apr 17, 2021 7:59 AM
Oct 2018
sntiago said:
sntiago said:

Watched the pv. guys I'm so tired.
It's a fkn isekai gamer whiteknighting a girl that's being sexually assaulted. The sexual assault is of course drawn in a titillating detailed way. In THE TRAILER.
Sexual violence against women in your fantasy story? How inventive

At this point I'm going to develop a violent hate against this genre and break out in an allergic rash at the mention of "..get transported to another world"
or you know dont watch it, just need to think it is just one of those anime you dont watch every season, it is not that hard you know
Apr 17, 2021 8:06 AM

Jun 2010
Oh, a pleasant surprise. I've read the manga version of this and enjoyed it quite a bit. The characters were all really likeable. The main characters is quite literally a white knight despite his skeletal appearance but also kind of a goof with the other characters often playing the straight man or woman. Will definitively watch it.
AsturaetusApr 17, 2021 8:11 AM
Apr 17, 2021 8:19 AM

Feb 2019
Well, i guess its time for another generic isekai.
Apr 17, 2021 10:47 AM

Aug 2008
Is there any reason it's an isekai or it just has to be one, because nowadays you can't even flush without turd being transported to another world?
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 17, 2021 11:16 AM

Apr 2012
So, did someone just rip-off the Overlord with a warrior instead of a mage?

@-lazyknight- Don't even try, man. This is the type of people who build their tastes not on what they like, but on what they don't like.
Apr 17, 2021 12:50 PM

Oct 2015
I just don't understand. Why are there so many? How many anime with a Japanese guy being transported to a fantasy world with a harem of elves and kemono girls do you need to make? What is the appeal after seeing thirteen of them last year? And the year before!? The anime medium is just hollow now. There's nothing to watch if you're not lonely and sex-starved.
Apr 17, 2021 4:07 PM
Aug 2012
Pleasant surprise. I wonder it'll compare to the manga adaptation.

Funny how people whine about "another isekai" when there's just as many more "generic" rom-com, slice of life, and school-set anime series out there as there are isekai fantasy anime.

It's not that difficult to avoid these types of series and genres y'all clearly dislike. Don't like it, cool then go find something you actually do enjoy watching and talking about.
Apr 17, 2021 5:22 PM

May 2015
MoonStar9 said:
I just don't understand. Why are there so many? How many anime with a Japanese guy being transported to a fantasy world with a harem of elves and kemono girls do you need to make? What is the appeal after seeing thirteen of them last year? And the year before!? The anime medium is just hollow now. There's nothing to watch if you're not lonely and sex-starved.

There's plenty of shows every season that are nothing like what you're describing. No need to be hyperbolic.

Apr 17, 2021 5:25 PM

Oct 2015
TsukuyomiREKT said:
MoonStar9 said:

There's plenty of shows every season that are nothing like what you're describing. No need to be hyperbolic.

At this point is there even such a thing as being hyperbolic about Isekais?
Apr 17, 2021 5:27 PM

May 2015
MoonStar9 said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

At this point is there even such a thing as being hyperbolic about Isekais?

Hyperbolic about the amount of them. You're acting like that's all anime is nowadays, which just isn't true. If you don't like them that's fine.

Apr 18, 2021 1:31 AM

Jul 2014
Oh boy, another generic, shitty isekai that uses some vaguely novel twist (in this case, the fact that he's a skeleton knight) to try and look more interesting than it actually is. Can already tell that this will be absolute garbage that isn't worth its existence, not least because the source material is licensed by Seven Seas in the west and their prerogative is to license the shittiest isekais that no one else wants.
Apr 18, 2021 5:15 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
There are quite a lot of good and enjoyable, to actually outstanding Isekai out here, but can also say most there is a lot of trash garbage in recent years.

I have to wonder, when will the bubble burst?
This lack of creativity and wanting to follow trends that are beaten to the dust by now does NOT help the creative industry.
Apr 18, 2021 8:48 AM
Nov 2010
This sounds quite familiar.
Apr 18, 2021 9:45 AM

Apr 2013
yeah ... that one doesn't seem interesting tbh.
Apr 18, 2021 9:58 AM

Sep 2016
Oh hell yeah, one isekai a day keeps the shit taste away yeshhhh
bruh
Apr 19, 2021 3:13 AM
Aug 2020
You hope donț get past 3 volume because the four is quite boring and make to drop the Novel and will drop the anime as well If that is going .
Apr 19, 2021 4:58 PM

Oct 2019
The LN is already over with open ending. I wonder if they'll cover the whole 8 books.
Apr 21, 2021 12:23 AM

Apr 2013
Apart from those CGI movements the trailer looks quite good, great music. If this is a bit like Overlord but with a "friendlier" main character, I might really enjoy this.
Apr 22, 2021 4:53 AM

Jun 2016
not this. it's always the novel that I drop out getting the anime adaptation treatment
Apr 24, 2021 6:36 AM
Jul 2017
The trailer looks awesome! I have always enjoyed most anime adaptations of light novels. It just makes me want to go and read them. I am looking forward to this!

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - 11 hours ago

20 by NoktoH »»
39 minutes ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.