Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 7, 2021 2:10 AM

Mar 2021
Many people hate demon slayer some people love demon slayer.
Personally Demon Slayer is one of my favourite anime.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 7, 2021 2:19 AM

Dec 2018
The main reason I see people hating on Demon Slayer is because it got hard carried by Ufotable and that if it wasn't for the animation, it wouldn't have gotten nearly the same appeal.

I personally don't care, to me Demon Slayer was an alright anime and I don't mind its mainstream audience.
Stuff in the streets, Stuff with drip in the sheets
Apr 7, 2021 2:21 AM

Apr 2011
I haven't seen hate on Demon Slayer on these forums or much discussion. Been seeing the same trash thread about scores and ranking with AOT and other series.

Apr 7, 2021 2:21 AM

Nov 2016
People love hating on popular things, you better get used to it since anime forums are filled with people who think they are better than others, for liking "deeper" anime. At the end of the day we are all just watching cartoons, so just enjoy what you enjoy.
Apr 7, 2021 2:29 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
It's a bad story with outragous asspulls and cancerous characters.
Apr 7, 2021 2:52 AM

Aug 2016
Mainly i've seen people saying it's overrated but then they fail to give a solid reason as why it's overrated, imo they are just salty that Demon Slayer is such a successful series
Apr 7, 2021 2:55 AM
Apr 2016
Huge Success in a short amount of time.
Apr 7, 2021 3:06 AM
Oct 2012
I always assumed it was just because it was popular. People love to hate any popular series especially one that blows up in popularity quicky like demon slayer did. I personally really enjoyed the anime!
Apr 7, 2021 3:07 AM

Mar 2021
Cuz its overrated , duh
Have you been living under a rock ?
Apr 7, 2021 3:53 AM
Oct 2019
If you read the manga, every characters backstory basically results in their families being killed by demons while they weren’t home.

Also the narrative is super linear and peaked at Mugen train arc imo.

The final arc plays out like akame ga kill anime ending.

Also poison being used to kill like half the enemies is lame imo.

Overall demon slayer is carried by its flashy action and fun characters but the inconsistent tone, weak writing, and linear/cliche narrative make it pretty predictable and lacks thrill imo.
Apr 7, 2021 3:55 AM

Apr 2020
---Popular Show--- + ---Hype--- + ---A lot of Non-Anime Fans know about it / like it---

= Hate

...is the usual formular for this kinda thing
Apr 7, 2021 4:02 AM
Apr 2020
I dislike cause of its horrible pacing outside of the plot and in fights, and zenitsu
Apr 7, 2021 4:06 AM

Oct 2019
Dylosama said:
If you read the manga, every characters backstory basically results in their families being killed by demons while they weren’t home.

Overall demon slayer is carried by its flashy action and fun characters but the inconsistent tone, weak writing, and linear/cliche narrative make it pretty predictable and lacks thrill imo.

All of this, and it's emotionally shallow. The bond between Nezuko and Tanjiro isn't engaging because their bond is meaningful and complex - but because we're TOLD it is by virtue of them being siblings and nothing more.

That and it's grandest statement is "we're all human," and it erects a Bible's worth of tragic backstories to all make the same point. It starts to feel emotionally manipulative after a while
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2021 5:38 AM
Nov 2020
Truthfully i thought demon slayer was overrated and the most enjoyment came from the action and beautiful artstyle. Without those it would have been mediocre for me. Story-wise its not bad it just wasnt particularly good
Apr 7, 2021 5:49 AM

Jan 2021
Its mainly because its popular I dont personally like the anime its just another shounen to me. And I think its overrated
Apr 7, 2021 5:51 AM
Dec 2020
Cause it’s popular people hate on popular things for the sake of it and they constantly bring up the same argument that it’s carried by animation which is literally wrong but igz they’re just bitter their fav series isn’t breaking records who knows
Apr 7, 2021 5:54 AM
Oct 2019
Most people probably see it as a "generic shounen."

The only bad thing about it for me is the horrible writing.
Apr 7, 2021 5:55 AM
Jan 2021
I personally really like the series. I believe there are two reasons of hate towards the show. One of them being that many see it as just another shounan but more pretty due to Ufotable. And the second reason is due to it being popular and people just want to feel different from everyone else. That’s what I think anyways.
Apr 7, 2021 6:14 AM
Aug 2019
Mei_Isa said:
Many people hate demon slayer some people love demon slayer.
Personally Demon Slayer is one of my favourite anime.

I don't think people hate demon slayer. They hate how overrated it is in the anime community. Like when people call it the greatest anime of all time when it's just a really solid show.
Apr 7, 2021 6:21 AM
Jan 2021
Ok so I really like it, but I can't deny that some of the writing and script needed ALOT of work (there's also some minor inconsistencies)
Apr 7, 2021 6:32 AM
Aug 2019
Because Ufotable hard carried the series, the manga has mid drawings, characters are clichè and the story nowadays is something seen a lot
Apr 7, 2021 7:01 AM
Feb 2020
Dylosama said:

Why the fuck would you spoil the ending ya cunt fucking bastard?!?!?
Apr 7, 2021 7:02 AM
Jul 2018
I don't hate on it. I just think it got carried by ufotable's animation which is the same case with JJK. Demon Slayers characters are very 1-D and the story is nothing special. Its art style and the fact that it can be enjoyed by every age group is the main reason for its appeal. The story just gets worse after the Infinity train arc.
Apr 7, 2021 7:11 AM
Feb 2020
People like to hate on things that get popular and say things as if they understand the message or the whole concept of the show when in reality most of them are just really simpleminded and can't seem to comprehend the complexity of the anime. Also, people like to compare really really great anime with it which is stupid since thr author's goal isn't to make the best or perfect show it's just their imaginative art and ability to make a good story. It doesn't matter if it's complex ebough to be compared with one of the best anime out there. Because at the end of the day, their favorite anime wouldn't be as enjoyable if they had shit animation too. So it's all just shit talk from people who don't know what's they're saying. If you enjoy it, then it's good or whatever you wanna say. If you don't enjoy it then aight, it ain't your cup of tea. But the real problem lies when people hate the show for the dumbest reasons that make no sense. Also because of the people that hate it due to the show having "simple story" "bad characters" "bad concept" "no deep symbology" the list goes on with these outrages claims of understanding the show. People just think they're cool or somethin
Apr 7, 2021 7:13 AM
Jan 2021
I think its fine but a lot of people hate it because of how overrated it became when season 1 dropped as most people say the animation carries and it doesn't have good writing, but while I agree with those to a degree and that it's kind of overrated, its also become overhated. Just because the writing isn't great doesn't mean its terrible, I just think its a decent fun series with great action scenes.
Apr 7, 2021 7:20 AM

Apr 2021
Repity said:
People love hating on popular things, you better get used to it since anime forums are filled with people who think they are better than others, for liking "deeper" anime. At the end of the day we are all just watching cartoons, so just enjoy what you enjoy.

This in its entirety.
Apr 7, 2021 7:25 AM

Jun 2020
Short answer:Personally I don't like this because of the mid story and bad characters.
Long answer:
Tanjiro is the worst protagonist that I have ever seen(YES Ikari Shinji and Boruto are better as protagonists), mekazawa from chromartie high school(A robot) is more appealing than him, Ok I get that most of the jump character have the same traits of justice loving extrovert and all, but you can differentiate between Luffy ,Naruto , Goku, any JoJo etc. Like Tanjiro has those traits but doesn't have any character and god he is annoying .
Zenistu and that pig guy: Yeah they are boring
The only good written character that I found in this show was Shinobou i guess.
Secondly I don't know why but the story feel kinda boring.
Now some things that I found good: The Animation and The Sound Engineering.
I mean I have never in my life heard flowing water sound so good and overall the OST's are good.
The animation is crisp no complains here.
PS This was my opinion on the show ,if you disagree that's totally fine I mean this site is called "my"animelist.
ShivanshTariyalApr 7, 2021 1:49 PM
hello friends
Apr 7, 2021 7:28 AM

Jun 2019
Demon Slayer gets hate because of its sudden rise in popularity which brought in a large amount of anime fans.

Similar to MHA in 2016 and 2017, Demon Slayer brought a significant influx of newer fans.

The issue stems from the attitude of these newer fans. I remember in the summer of 2019: There was a huge amount of harassment from KnY fans when someone disagreed with their take. Most of the time it was from disagreeing with the opinion, "Demon Slayer is the greatest anime of all time." This wasn't new as this occurred in 2017 when BNHA season 2 came out.

Now here are some other reason why KnY gets hate:

- The anime is carried by Ufotable's animation
- The story and character are generic
- I became a soothsayer since the flashbacks were so predictable
- There's no depth to the story

If you read the manga, you can see how underwhelming the story really is.

Apr 7, 2021 7:29 AM
May 2017
I haven't seen many people hating it (except for this thread :P). Imo if anything it's overrated, so I can't tell why others hate it, but I can tell why I do. I personally hated comedy scenes, especially in the first half of the show. There were too much of it, all of them were dumb, unfunny, repetitive, destroyed pacing and could be summed up as characters running in circles and screaming. No one seemed to have issue with it, but I couldn't stand it and dropped it. Some time later I decided to give it another chance and I'm glad I did because in latter parts story got heavier and thus comedy scenes toned town, pacing got much better... Basically toning down comedy scenes fixed most issues I had with this anime.
Apr 7, 2021 7:30 AM
Feb 2019
I dont get it. Some people here are making actual arguments as to why they didnt like it then others are just going "they didnt like it bc its popular". Like bruh let the people who didnt like it speak before you assume stuff.

For me tho, i didnt like any of the characters or the story. Characters felt flat and only had one specific trait that they were based around, for example zenitsu nonstop screaming and being scared. The story felt like stuff i had seen before, even though i hadnt seen the show.the thing is too, demon slayer fans praise the show for being unnoriginal because it "knows what it wants to do and does good at it even though its basic" yet to me a story shouldnt be worth my time if its one ive basically seen before
KingJaibisApr 7, 2021 7:51 AM
Apr 7, 2021 7:30 AM
Oct 2019
Many say the story is mid but I personally enjoyed it. It's simple but good imo.
Apr 7, 2021 7:41 AM
Feb 2021
Id say it gets hated on because its a decent anime that got rewards which it shouldnt have obtained plus the artwork kinda did carry the show. Thats just my personal opinion on it
Apr 7, 2021 8:00 AM

Oct 2020
Because its heavily overrrated.
Apr 7, 2021 8:01 AM
Jan 2021
to be honest , people just want to hate new gen LMAO just because demon slayer got good animation doesn't mean that the show is carried by it
Apr 7, 2021 8:05 AM

Feb 2019
minyhuh said:
to be honest , people just want to hate new gen LMAO just because demon slayer got good animation doesn't mean that the show is carried by it

Nah, its definitely carried by it's animation

Don't be a blind fanboy

Btw, i don't hate demon slayer.
Apr 7, 2021 8:05 AM

Mar 2017
I agree that Demon Slayer is overrated, although that doesn’t make me hate it. I just think it’s a mediocre series rather than an amazing one, but I still like it.
Apr 7, 2021 8:17 AM
May 2020
I think it gets criticizism bc the story is pretty decent but the animation is god tier. Also manga readers talk about it like it’s pretty aight, really I think it’s somewhat overrated but people calling it trash are obviously overreacting. And it’s the most popular manga in jump rn so it’s gonna get a lot of haters
Apr 7, 2021 8:37 AM
Apr 2020
Because it's popular
Apr 7, 2021 8:39 AM
Apr 2020
Repity said:
thank I couldn't agree more
Apr 7, 2021 8:39 AM

Jul 2017
Any media that has people like it, will have people who hate it as well. its not about how well made the media is, its just statistics. Popularity = lots of people = differing opinions
Apr 7, 2021 8:40 AM
Apr 2020
Roevhaal said:
thats not an argument
Apr 7, 2021 9:21 AM
Feb 2020
Everyone has different preferences. Period. I love Demon Slayer, but I have a friend who thinks it's "trash." It's that simple.
Apr 7, 2021 9:24 AM
Jul 2019
Roevhaal said:
bad story, true, asspulls, true, CANCEROUS CHARACTERS???????? Imma #@!#!$!#@#!@$@#!@#!##!@!@#
Apr 7, 2021 9:28 AM
May 2019
Very Simple because it's popular and hating on popular animes makes you cool and superior than others not saying people have to love all popular shows, you can have different opinions but don't shove it down others throats and don't try to ruin it for others, learn to respect their opinions too
Apr 7, 2021 10:51 AM
Nov 2019
2 reasons
1) A lot of people are contrarians and like to hate on things simply because they are popular
2) The show was massively overhyped by a good section of the community, after the show ended many demon slayer fans were touting it was the greatest of all time or up there with the classics of anime even though the show only had one season and apart from the animation there was nothing really too special about the show, characters were decent but fairly one note and simple, story was intriguing and engaging but wasn’t super mind blowing or creative and the actual writing of events wasn’t anything to go crazy over.
Apr 7, 2021 10:52 AM
Feb 2017
What the heck are you talking about who could ever hate demon slayer unless it’s too overrated or something
Apr 7, 2021 10:59 AM
Mar 2021
I think lots of people hate demon slayer because of the great work ufotable did on it people say it was carried by ufotable and their animation personally i can agree but i really don't care it's still a great anime
Apr 7, 2021 11:04 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
Reborntsuna25 said:
Roevhaal said:
thats not an argument
other people elaborated their case more than me but if you want my standpoint aswell I can link you to the review I made: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=318547 It's not that great but I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into words.
Apr 7, 2021 11:08 AM

Feb 2021
It’s overpopularity (got real popular real quick, not that I have a problem), stark contrast between story / anime quality (it’s the biggest in recent history), Demon Slayer stans ik it’s hard to believe but a bucketload of them and their trash opinions exist.
In all, there’s lots of reasons to hate the anime, but don’t worry, Demon Slayer ain’t the only one.
Mo168Apr 7, 2021 11:12 AM
Apr 7, 2021 11:11 AM
Apr 2020
Roevhaal said:
Reborntsuna25 said:
thats not an argument
other people elaborated their case more than me but if you want my standpoint aswell I can link you to the review I made: https://myanimelist.net/reviews.php?id=318547 It's not that great but I'm not the best at putting my thoughts into words.
thanks but I have to disagree with but to each his own
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

282 by CicadaRex »»
10 hours ago

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

17 by ApolloD »»
Yesterday, 2:33 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
Yesterday, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1094 by pyrophilia »»
Apr 17, 12:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.