Forum Settings
Forums

Someone is trying to kill you. You can pick any five anime characters to protect you. Who do you choose?

New
Apr 6, 2021 12:01 PM
Jul 2020
Imagine you find out that at some point in the next week there will be an attempt on your life. You have zero knowledge on who the attackers are or how they will strike. You can choose any five anime characters to serve as your bodyguards, who would you choose, who would you put in charge, and why?

You can decide whether in your mind the attackers (and your protectors) are limited to the rules of this world (eg. no magic), or everything is on the table. Also, feel free to give yourself to a theme (harem, yandere etc.) if you want to make it a little more interesting.

In an unrestricted scenario I choose Lelouch to lead my team. He's a natural leader, a master tactician, and his geass power should come in handy. The next two I would want to stay by my side at all times to keep me safe and they are Korosensei and Jibril. Korosensei has amazing speed and awareness so should see any attacks coming ahead of time, he's also an out of the box thinker and so should catch any more subtle attempts on my life such as poison. Jibril is super-powerful and can also warp me to safety if necessary. The final two I would want to seek out my assassins and engage them before they ever get near me if possible, they would be Saitama and Kiritsugu Emiya. They're a good mix as Kiritsugu has the brains and Saitama the brawn. They're both also good all-rounders who could effective outsmart/end a wide variety of potential attackers.
The criteria I use when rating shows is on my profile.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 6, 2021 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
Eren Yeager
30charactersgoobrrrrr
Apr 6, 2021 12:18 PM

Oct 2010
I only need yuno to do the thinking and mikasa to stay with me all the time, I can play bored games with the other 3, let's say kirima nagi, roberta and marlene angel.
basically yuno will be the boss and could also kill the enemy, if something happens, mikasa will fight anyone and never leave my side, roberta and marlene are good with guns and have military training, that should help. nagi is my trump card but I won't need to use her really
Apr 6, 2021 12:26 PM

Feb 2019
Just pick any five characters from my favourites
Apr 6, 2021 12:26 PM

Jan 2019
Saitama
Goku
Kenshin
Doraemon
Gon

I dont wanna think too much, so I'll say this
Apr 6, 2021 12:28 PM

Aug 2019
I only need Princess Syalis lol I'm pretty sure she'd find a way to stop whoever was trying to kill me so she could go back to sleep.
Apr 6, 2021 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
zeno, saitama, goku, light, and lelouch too, they all have their abilities fully unlocked. i guess i can rest easy cause theres pretty much no chance of whoever the attackers are succeeding...
Apr 6, 2021 12:34 PM

Jul 2019
I choose Ehit. the false god of the tortus realm in arifureta. Along with 4 of his top apostles.

He's pretty close to omniscient and omnipotent. So he could easily find and finish off my would-be attackers Before I was ever in harm's way.

On the other hand. Dooming myself, and whatever world we are in to the whims of an evil and selfish god may not be the nicest thing to do. But, considering I am selfish aswell, let's all just hope he's merciful. As for the apostles? Aesthetics of course. Can't have a god without his trusted Saints.

I guess I could switch out the 4 apostles for yue, Kaori, tio, and hajime for the good ending. Just to give the world a fighting chance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2021 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
Light Yagami - He can kill the person + He's the mastermind
Oshino Shinobu - She's pretty strong + I can become immortal
Lelouch - He can make the enemies kill themselves + He's smart
Saitama - He's really strong
Altair - She can alter reality
Alluka Zoldyck - He can revive me
Apr 6, 2021 12:40 PM
Jul 2018
I would choose Sousuke Aizen and Saiki Kusuo. Aizen is pretty much invincible by being able to make reality whatever he wants. Combining him with Saiki's mind-reading powers alongside his other powers and most possible assassins wouldn't even get near me.
Apr 6, 2021 12:47 PM

Jun 2016
Five? Kira "Jesus" Yamato would be enough.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Apr 6, 2021 12:54 PM

Oct 2019
If we go with no restrictions:
Nono from Diebuster, she is super capable, from being able to move faster than light, to creating black holes (both one is the result of the other) can shoot beams, breath in space and so on. She could take care of any space fighting and threats that are beyond our atmosphere (or bigger than our planet).
Luffy from One Piece, he gets along with practically anyone, is really strong and versatile, and will DEFINITELY do his all to protect.
Kamina, he is badass, cool and most importantly, inspirational af. There will never be a time when I'd need to feel scared or hopeless with Kamina unloading inspirational quotes that truly make you believe in yourself and your protectors and make everyone else feel the same way as well. While not as strong as the others he would work great as the last line of defense.
Saber from Fate, she is dependable, loyal, strong and has a good head and leadership skills to keep everyone else in line.
And lastly Furude Rika from Higurashi, she is cute and would serve both as a mascot and as the MUST PROTECC. I would much rather die protecting someone than die cowering behind someone. And if everything went to hell and failed, she could just create another timeline and everyone would get a second chance.

Or alternatively, the only one you really need is Featherine Augustus Aurora from Umineko, the writer of fates, lives and universes. She could just decide that no one would attack and the threat would simply seize to exist.
Apr 6, 2021 1:12 PM

Apr 2019
Jesus from Saintโ˜†Oniisan. He's not only omnipotent and omiscient (take that, super-villain!) if all fails he can just resurrect me. The other four slots remain empty.

Apr 6, 2021 1:22 PM
Laika Moonlight

Dec 2020
If we're going "anything goes" then
That's it. The other four will just be my 4 favorite characters. We can go have tea or something.

If we're using real-world logic, I guess I'd just have to go for 5 physically strong/smart people?

If I don't know who my killer is, I'd need someone who could figure it out. A detective/spy sort. Although my preference in that regard would be someone from my favorite anime R.O.D THE TV, the best in that category would probably be Princess Principal's Ange Le Carré. She's probably a bit more "detective-y" than Yomiko or the Paper Sisters... Ironic, since the Papers are professional detectives, lol

As for strong people to act as bodyguards, (Part 2) Joseph Joestar from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is a must. He's clever, strong, fast and good with guns, so...

A fighter robot would probably be pretty useful, since that's the closest you can get to supernatural in a real-world scenario. There are plenty of TransFormers anime to pick a TransFormer from... Let's say Unicron. I'd like to see my assassin try to beat a planet-sized robot, lol

Y'know what's better than 5 bodyguards? A whole country of bodyguards. Let's get a world leader on my side. Sure, I guess Ange could probably rope Princess Charlotte in on this, but the people of Princess Principal's version(s) of England don't seem the most reliable bunch. Prince Salva Ene Tibesti from Dimension W would probably work. Plus, his country's got robots. :)

Do gods counts as "bound to the limits of this world" or "magic"? Like, can I get divine intervention? Is that breaking the rules? I'll pick Palutena from Kid Icarus as my final slot. If goddesses count as "magic" then I guess she's just there for banter? lol

TLDR:
Ange (Princess Principal)
Joseph Joestar (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2)
Unicron (TransFormers)
Salva (Dimension W)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Kogasa-TataraApr 6, 2021 1:45 PM
My greatest contribution to this website:
Apr 6, 2021 1:28 PM

May 2020
Saitama will protect.
I'll watch from the sidelines while talking to the four quints (not Itsuki).
Apr 6, 2021 1:30 PM

Jan 2021
Goku

Ryuko

Deku

Sonic

Garfil

and if the person is to powerful just satamia
Apr 6, 2021 1:32 PM

Jun 2015
Alucard
Kusuo Saiki
Saitama
zeno
altair

Jun 2015
Alucard
Kusuo Saiki
Saitama
zeno
altair

Jun 2015
Alucard
Kusuo Saiki
Saitama
zeno
altair
Apr 6, 2021 1:38 PM
Sep 2018
Tsukasa Hiiragi from Lucky Star, Yuno from Hidamari Sketch, Nadeko from Bakemonogatari, Kaname Madoka, and Yoshida Yuuko from Machikado Mazoku.
Apr 6, 2021 1:39 PM

Jan 2009
Bartolomeo... I guess Saitama too but you don't really need more than Bartolomeo to defend you lol

EDIT: The attackers do not know Haki
WeedApr 6, 2021 1:42 PM
Apr 6, 2021 1:43 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
the quintessential quintuplets so I can have a nice orgy before I die

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 6, 2021 1:45 PM

Jul 2020
Eren, Reiner, Reigen, Homura, Misaka.
Apr 6, 2021 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
This is fun lol

Mi picks:
Yang Wen-li, Rimuru Tempest, Sebastian Michaelis, Giorno Giovanna & Rider (Iskandar)

Yang would be the leader. Even if he doesn't have super powers, I love his strategic mind.
Rimuru and Sebastian would be the ones at the front of the fights. Rimuru has so many cool tricks that can come in handy, and he's extremely strong, and Sebastian is pretty much unbeatable.
Giorno would stand back and go into fighting only if needed, since his Gold Experience can be our healer.
Rider (Iskandar) would be my main bodyguard, mostly keeping Yang and me safe. If somehow the enemies get to us, he could use his ultimate Noble Phantasm to deal with them.
Apr 6, 2021 1:56 PM

Jun 2017
I'm pretty sure I'd only need Subaru. The guy has infinite attempts at protecting me, and he's bound to eventually figure out a way to stop the attacker whatever abilities they might have. There is a risk of him breaking down, so the safest play would be assigning him as the boss and 4-3 other battle-oriented people, and maybe someone who has an affinity for solving crimes, who'd be Ranpo.
Apr 6, 2021 1:59 PM
Oct 2019
Only need one: Golgo 13. He get the job done.
Apr 6, 2021 2:13 PM
Jul 2020
sudhanshu_hbk said:
Saitama will protect.
I'll watch from the sidelines while talking to the four quints (not Itsuki).

I dunno, I think you're giving Saitama too much credit. If someone comes directly at you he'll smash them into paste. If you're dealing with someone more tactical or indirect than that though he'd probs be pretty useless. I don't see him realising if someone makes an attempt to poison you, and if someone decided to go down the sniper route he'd probs just be stood there with a goofy look on his face as bits of your brain made a rapid exit from your head.
The criteria I use when rating shows is on my profile.
Apr 6, 2021 4:39 PM

Jan 2020
Seibah is the only character that I need

Apr 6, 2021 4:46 PM

Aug 2018
Mavis Vermillion , why hav a man protect u , when u could have a cute loli instead
Apr 6, 2021 4:49 PM

Jan 2020
Meruem: He'll take the physical aspect and can make up some good plans
Light: Will be able to kill some of the attackers easily and will be the brains of the team
Erwin Smith: While Light is the advisor, Erwin can be the leader of the team
Kirito: His plot armor could save us if things got too serious
Spike: We can chat while the others fight
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Apr 6, 2021 4:56 PM
May 2016
Dazai- could predict the enemies movements
Kagura- could be useful in close range with her super strength
Nobara- could be useful for tactical purposes
Yukina Chris- Could be useful from a distance
Claire Francois- could be useful from any range

I also would just like to hang with these people
Apr 6, 2021 5:04 PM

Sep 2020
probably itachi
bro would make the enemy re-think the entire meaning of his life...
Apr 6, 2021 5:13 PM

Feb 2020
#1 Junko Enoshima:
She nuts but has a silver tongue to (hopefully) enlist others to help and protect me... p-providing that she even wants to, and doesn't kill me first of course '(>~>)

#2 Yuuji Kazami:
One Man Army and a cold and capable killer

#3 Kazuki Kazami:
Egghead who can come up with many plans and...
oversee all enemy activity.

#4 Mukuro Ikusuba:
One Woman Army: Junko might help better with her around to be abused by her.

#5 Kyouko Kirisaki:
Because...๐Ÿ”ฅ and ๐Ÿ”ฅsolves most issues.
Apr 6, 2021 5:29 PM

Jan 2020
Saitama, Goku, Madoka, Zoro and Casshern
"๐‘บ๐’Ž๐’Š๐’๐’†๐’” ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’๐’‚๐’–๐’ˆ๐’‰๐’•๐’†๐’“ ๐’‚๐’“๐’† ๐’‚๐’๐’˜๐’‚๐’š๐’” ๐’ˆ๐’๐’๐’…, ๐’ƒ๐’–๐’• ๐’๐’†๐’—๐’†๐’“ ๐’‡๐’๐’“๐’ˆ๐’†๐’• ๐’š๐’๐’–๐’“ ๐‘ท๐’๐’Œ๐’†๐’“ ๐‘ญ๐’‚๐’„๐’†."

Apr 6, 2021 5:30 PM

Apr 2020
mineta and reiss from school dxd.sorry if i mispell
:3
Apr 6, 2021 5:36 PM

Mar 2019
ManWild said:
Seibah is the only character that I need

I found the answer that I was looking for

๐”๐”ฆ๐”ฐ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ซ ๐”ฑ๐”ฌ ๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ฆ๐”ช๐”ข ๐”ข๐”ก๐”ฐ!
Apr 6, 2021 5:42 PM

Mar 2016
Erwin, Ayanokoji, Shizuo and Kirei.

just wanna feel wanted by someone other than the police ๐Ÿ˜ซ
Apr 6, 2021 5:49 PM

Jul 2013
Okabe - time travel/time leap to find out about my attackers and try to prevent the attack

Itachi - genjustu the attackers

Mikasa, Endeavor, Tanjiro - excellent fighters
Apr 6, 2021 6:02 PM

Aug 2019
Definitely Morgiana because have you seen how she killed those tigers and monkeys??
Taiga because strong
Homura because she has good fighting skills (that homura vs mami scene was cool as fuck)
Jiang Cheng because of the zap thing he was given (the zadian?? I completely forgot what it was called man)
Wouldn’t do okabe because we’re not going through steins;gate again

That’s it the rest would die in a few minutes I bet
Apr 6, 2021 6:18 PM

Jan 2013
Goku, Lupin the IIIrd, Conan, and Lelouch for tactics with Hoshimiya Ichigo for moral support.
Apr 6, 2021 6:36 PM

Aug 2020
Makoto Yuuki, Yu Narukami or Ren Amamiya. These people have the power to summon hundreds of broken personas/demons, like lucifer, yoshisune, izanagi-no-okami picaro, messiah, etc.

Has a 8.60 mean score
Akasaka > Other Mangakas

Apr 6, 2021 6:54 PM
Apr 2020

hantaiiiApr 6, 2021 7:14 PM
Don't be a ketsunoana
Apr 6, 2021 7:33 PM

Jul 2020
Revy
Alucard
Tanya Degurechaff
Saichi Sugimoto
Godzilla/Gojira
Apr 6, 2021 8:00 PM

Jun 2020
These 5 protagonist from the same series
just a weeb wandering around.

Apr 6, 2021 8:16 PM

Jun 2013
Sakura Haruno, Orihime, Misa Misa, Mirai Nikki MC, Nunnaly.

I want to die.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 6, 2021 8:19 PM

Jan 2018
Guts
Killua
Zoro
Kira Yoshikage
Shin
Apr 6, 2021 8:20 PM

Sep 2020
This question is so childish, then also I want to tell that,

โˆ˜ Levi Ackermann
    โˆ˜ Kakashi Hatake
    โˆ˜ ๐Ÿ‘‰๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘ˆ๐Ÿป I also want Rias Gremory to save me(โ‰งโ–ฝโ‰ฆ)
    โˆ˜ Satoru Gojo
    โˆ˜ Emilia

โ—ฝโ—ฝโ—ฝ

แ“šแ˜แ—ข

โ—ฝโ—ฝโ—ฝ

Having lived through trauma and mind-fucking, I'm accustomed to it now.

Apr 6, 2021 8:23 PM

Feb 2020
Lagoon-Company said:
Revy
Alucard
Tanya Degurechaff
Saichi Sugimoto
Godzilla/Gojira

Lol...I was legit gonna pick Godzilla also! Just couldn't think of a way of controlling/manipulating what I'd want him to do.
Apr 6, 2021 8:25 PM
Jun 2017
Just Saiki Kusuo. That's all I need.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 5 hours ago

8 by LenRea »»
27 seconds ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Apr 22

30 by Kenzolo-folk »»
2 minutes ago

» That moment when you realize...

Dominusew - 25 minutes ago

7 by Spunkert »»
7 minutes ago

» โ„๏ธ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

198 by Shizuna »»
8 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - Apr 23

22 by shin0by »»
8 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.