Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 4, 2021 3:33 PM

Aug 2016
Pakumen- said:
JokerVentura said:

You seem pretty mad, you're ranting and swearing, something people usually do when they're mad.
If you don't like all the fights in a 'battle shounen' you probably picked the wrong type of manga to read.
Also, how come you can say whatever you want, but you're angry at fans caring about power level, they aren't given the same choice to say what they want?
On a serious note, I completely disagree on your opinion that the story is messy, it's not.
I do agree on not caring about power levels, but if people only care about that then that's their choice and why care what others focus on?

Again, I can speak and type however.the.fuck.I.choose.to.

The thing is, there are shonen with good stories that don´t rely on fights (like FMAB, or even SnK). One Piece story is pretty great, but the fights are (mostly) terrible. Also don´t come at me with the "If you don´t like don´t read it" bullshit, because if I read 1000+ chapters already, it´s kinda obvious I pretend to finish it. Also, the fact that I don´t like Wano doesn´t mean I don´t enjoy the series in general, because OP is heavily story-focused, or at least it mostly is.

Now the plot in wano is pretty messy, there are around 6 sub plots all happening at the same time, and while some of them are important (like this specific fight, or the Orochi scenes), others dragged the pacing too much, forcing to have so many stuff either off-screen or just mentioned. This wasn´t really an issue up until Dressrosa, more or less. Just think about this: Marineford was around 60 chapters long and the pacing was pretty fine, but now we have arcs with 100+ chapters each. I´m sure Elbaf is also going to be huge.

I´m not saying that people caring about fights are wrong, I am stating that I feel sick of them because for some reason its the only thing the fandom cares about now, so you can´t really talk about the story, and that´s my opinion, so you have to swalllow it, whether you agree with me or not.

Man you really are angry.
Feel free to type how you like, personally I chose not to swear as it can be considered rather rude and make you seem unintelligent.
I never said 'If you don't like it, don't read it.' I said 'If your don't like battle heavy stories, then maybe reading battle shounen might be a bad idea.' Perhaps your issues with the story are down to a reading comprehension issue?
You're sick of the fandom because nobody talks about the story? Perhaps you should recheck the chapter discussions, because you seem to have an issue with an non existing issue.
Anyway stay mad dude.
“Have a Coke and a smile and shut the f*** up.”
Damn, I guess that was rude..... well it happens sometimes, byebye.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Apr 4, 2021 3:43 PM

Aug 2015
JokerVentura said:

Feel free to type how you like, personally I chose not to swear as it can be considered rather rude and make you seem unintelligent.
I never said 'If you don't like it, don't read it.' I said 'If your don't like battle heavy stories, then maybe reading battle shounen might be a bad idea.' Perhaps your issues with the story are down to a reading comprehension issue?
You're sick of the fandom because nobody talks about the story? Perhaps you should recheck the chapter discussions, because you seem to have an issue with an non existing issue.
Anyway stay mad dude.

You should know very well I don´t care at all about your perception about myself, just based on how I typed, nor do I care about you and your condescending attitude that just makes you sound like a hypocrite.
First of all, MAL is not the biggest site there is for discussion. On social media, the only thing people care about is if Zoro is at first commander level, or if Luffy is a yonko by now. The story discussions are pretty minimal compared to the circlejerks Zoro and Sanji fans make every time there is a scene involving one or the other. Same stuff with Kaido or characters we know almost nothing about, like Mihawk.

You can tell Oda puts fights on the story because he needs to, not because they are either necessary or meaningful to the overall manga. This fight is not one of those, but things like Cracker vs Luffy, or all of those 1v1 setups Oda waste pages on chapter by chapter are mostly unnecessary. It´s obvious he doesn´t like fights because they are not good, specially compared to the story which is brilliant.
Apr 4, 2021 3:59 PM

Aug 2016
Pakumen- said:
JokerVentura said:

Anyway stay mad dude.

You should know very well I don´t care at all about your perception about myself, just based on how I typed, nor do I care about you and your condescending attitude that just makes you sound like a hypocrite.
First of all, MAL is not the biggest site there is for discussion. On social media, the only thing people care about is if Zoro is at first commander level, or if Luffy is a yonko by now. The story discussions are pretty minimal compared to the circlejerks Zoro and Sanji fans make every time there is a scene involving one or the other. Same stuff with Kaido or characters we know almost nothing about, like Mihawk.

You can tell Oda puts fights on the story because he needs to, not because they are either necessary or meaningful to the overall manga. This fight is not one of those, but things like Cracker vs Luffy, or all of those 1v1 setups Oda waste pages on chapter by chapter are mostly unnecessary. It´s obvious he doesn´t like fights because they are not good, specially compared to the story which is brilliant.

Man, I'm really sorry you find me condescending.....'Got an issue, here's a tissue.'
You think the fights aren't good and are meaningless to the story and Oda only puts them in because he has to? At this point Oda could change the battles to dance offs and Shounen Jump would let him, because he's Oda.
You may have read 1010 chapters, but your opinions make me think you didn't understand a single one of them.
Did I forget anything...... oh yeah..... stay mad dude.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Apr 4, 2021 4:37 PM

Aug 2015
JokerVentura said:

Man, I'm really sorry you find me condescending.....'Got an issue, here's a tissue.'
You think the fights aren't good and are meaningless to the story and Oda only puts them in because he has to? At this point Oda could change the battles to dance offs and Shounen Jump would let him, because he's Oda.
You may have read 1010 chapters, but your opinions make me think you didn't understand a single one of them.

Oda can´t do whatever he wants, and this is a shonen, so there is still a need for action. It´s very obvious when you realize how bad and force some fights are then you can understand it, not that I care if you do. You´re one of those cocksuckers who can´t see criticism in a story they like because it´s immediately "hate" and that´s not good, when there are moments in OP that don´t make too much sense but they are there because shonen (basically all fights on Ennies Lobby).
I don´t care what you think, for the record, so there´s little for me to take about you and you "you didn´t understood anything" kind of bullshit.
Apr 4, 2021 4:58 PM

Aug 2016
Pakumen- said:
JokerVentura said:

Oda can´t do whatever he wants, and this is a shonen, so there is still a need for action. It´s very obvious when you realize how bad and force some fights are then you can understand it, not that I care if you do. You´re one of those cocksuckers who can´t see criticism in a story they like because it´s immediately "hate" and that´s not good, when there are moments in OP that don´t make too much sense but they are there because shonen (basically all fights on Ennies Lobby).
I don´t care what you think, for the record, so there´s little for me to take about you and you "you didn´t understood anything" kind of bullshit.

There you go again putting words in my mouth.
Personally I think people who use the term hater are idiots, a person who has negative things about a show has a different opinion, they're not a hater.
I can easily see criticisms in a story, I just think you are completely wrong and don't know what you're talking about.
Let's be real, Oda could do whatever he wants, because when you are your companies main bread winner for two decades, then they trust his abilities and let him do as he pleases.
Also the fact you think 'cocksucker' is an insult makes me laugh.
I'm glad you don't care about what I think, because you shouldn't, I'm just a random person on the internet. Perhaps you should use that mindset when discussing the series and stop 'caring' what others chose to discuss, because if you want to discuss the story and they want to discuss who is stronger, Zoro or Sanji, then it's a not a reason to get angry, it's a reason to find someone else to talk to about One Piece.
Apr 5, 2021 2:52 AM

Jan 2017
Pakumen- said:
PirateHasan said:

Perhaps the greatest ever Luffy 'flex' in the entire 24 year history of publication.
Never in my life have I ever whispered the longest "DAAAMN" until today.

Yeah sure, biggest flex followed by his ass getting destroyed with a club. The red hawk is definitively not Luffy´s strongest attack, so him getting cocky because Kaido decided to use his head and dodge an attack (for once) wasn´t anything special. At least his stupidity let the others send BM flying.

What's bad in giving a taunt to the enemy?
Why do you have to be so salty just because Luffy grinned in his fight.
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
Apr 5, 2021 5:31 AM

Mar 2012
Pakumen- said:
JokerVentura said:

@Pakumen- Man that dumb rant, stay mad bro.

I mean, I can say whatever the fuck I want. I´m not mad, I´m just dissapointed at Wano in general and the fact that the fights are the main focus, while the plot is pretty messy. I do like One Piece for how the story evolves, and the one thing I don´t like at all are the fights. Also I´m sick of people only caring about powerlevels instead of looking at the overall story, and this just grew exponentially after the timeskip.

Yeah that's mostly what OP has always been about. It's not going downhill, it's not getting better. There's a consistent pattern of short bursts of wordbuilding and story progression (Jaya-type arc) sandwitched between large fanservice arcs that serve no purpose but to have fanservice (incl. fights) and it plays out like a classic video game. Same structure, different level (Alabasta the desert, Skypiea jungle, Water 7 venice, Dressrosa/barcelona, etc)

So it's mostly 80 percent plot fodder and soap opera with 20% of proper fantasy adventure.
End Zionazism
Apr 5, 2021 7:00 AM
Mar 2015
help me Zeus For some reason that cracked me up
Apr 5, 2021 8:31 AM

Jan 2011
YoungsterLiam53 said:
curvedtree said:
Hydra only dies when you remove the immortal head and seclude it. So, Orochi isn't dead yet.
Orochi isn't a Hydra tho
Finally someone gets that.
Apr 5, 2021 9:50 AM

Aug 2015
ReaperCreeper said:
Finally someone gets that.

He´s not a hydra, but the Yamata-No-orochi behaves pretty similar to one. You could even say they are the same idea behind different cultures.

PirateHasan said:

What's bad in giving a taunt to the enemy?
Why do you have to be so salty just because Luffy grinned in his fight.

It wasn´t a taunt, it was "Talk trash, get trashed". If you are going to talk, you need to be able to walk after at least, and considering the hit he took after, I don´t even think it was worth it.
Apr 5, 2021 2:27 PM

Dec 2016
Plot twist, they already above land of Wano so she will not drown but she will still hit ground really hard. So probably she will lose memory permanently (I mean maybe her memory loss at the beginning was established for a bigger reason)

Reasons for that:
1. She always wanted to make a paradise in which everyone is equal... but we know that this isn't the case but after her first memory loss she was nice person so she could fix her mistakes.
2. Nami "needs" Zeus and if BG die then Zeus also.
3. This way one Yonko is down without killing basically solving this problem and making sure Totto Land is save.
4. Kaido will be "forced" to go into his awakened form (if he have). So the battle will get only more intense.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.161/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.84/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 6, 2021 5:28 AM

May 2020
Zoro vomiting out all of his organs and everyone else is just celebrating knocking big mom out of the battle.
Apr 6, 2021 4:03 PM

May 2013
Zoro was amazing. Hype chapter

Apr 9, 2021 10:39 AM

Mar 2016
Aight, the plan is ingenious, but come on, Zoro is the MVP here for tanking that seemingly unstoppable attack from 2 ynko HEAD ON!!! LET"S GOOOOOOOOO ZOROOOOOOOOO!!!
Apr 10, 2021 5:58 PM

Oct 2007
Finally some kind of plot progress? Or is this just a red herring?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2022 12:27 PM

Jun 2019
That motherfucker Orochi was alive and then he died just like that. LMAO. I'm so glad. Also, Zoro stopped that attack. Nice. Big Mom is in danger. Kill her.
Apr 8, 2022 10:09 PM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
Great chapter! My takeaways:

1. Orochi's devil fruit must allow him to survive getting his head chopped off or something. Maybe he can re-grow his dragon heads infinitely? Not sure.
2. Zoro taking on that attack was awesome!! I'm surprised he didn't get taken out! Although he is definitely struggling.
3. Great plan to separate Big Mom!! I doubt she'd actually die and fall into the ocean though. Also, it made me think back to the Whole Cake Arc, when Luffy pretty much said he'll come back for Big Mom after he defeats Kaido. So maybe Big Mom is out of this arc for good??
Nov 17, 2022 1:10 PM

May 2021
Luffy's taunt was hilarious lol. The Big Mom part of the fight had me completely hooked though.

Jul 2, 2023 9:47 PM

Dec 2022
Orochi got chopped the fuck up!
Aug 16, 2023 4:20 PM
Sep 2020
I think its funny how over-reliant on zeus and prometheus big mom was. Like her haki power is surely formiddable enough, she blocked a gear 4 infused haki hit, yet it seems in this situation she had no way other safety net.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Yesterday

9 by ramshireesh_1 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.