Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 26, 2021 4:42 PM

May 2007
Just finished it, it was so short but I'm worried there won't be a third season since the manga finished last year.

I need to find time to sit down and read the manga, where this anime supposedly ends is the halfway point of the series chapter-wise.
Mar 26, 2021 5:26 PM
Feb 2017
Am I forgetting a crucial scene? Did Legosi and Louis have any semblance of friendship in season 1? I can't help but feel they've been super buddy buddy in this season.

Like, how in God's name did Louis save Legosi?
Mar 26, 2021 7:51 PM

Mar 2019
Excellent episode. Really thought it was great idea to open with ed. Made sense to open with that than the op to set the tone for what was coming, not to mention that the visuals tied in with what was happening in the opening scene. The battle was animated really well. They did a fantastic job with Legoshi's transformation.

My only nitpick is that I wish they had tossed in some more details on Legoshi's criminal record as that has a lot of bearing on his decision to leave school, and it sets up what's going to happen going forward.

Congrats to studio Orange on the excellent work this season.
Mar 27, 2021 10:03 AM

Mar 2010
I"m not sure what I was expecting, but that was... really mellow dramatic.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 27, 2021 11:15 AM

Sep 2017
Well this kinda feels like an anime only ending to the series. Makes sense why they skipped so much stuff now. They pretty much only wanted to introduce elements they could wrap up for the most part. That more or less is the "who killed Tem" thing plus Legoshi and Louis' character arcs. I haven't read the manga, but I feel like those things were pretty well wrapped up and there doesn't feel like much left to explore for a new season. I think that was the intention here.
Mar 27, 2021 12:08 PM

Aug 2018
Honestly I felt it got kinda dumb at points compared to season 1. Too much focus on black market and training arc, the school was a much more interesting setting. Characters felt a bit dumber too with the fairly grounded dynamics of season one turning into shounen "my ideal" and "justice" bullshit. Also not nearly enough Haru. I guess I still enjoyed it for the most part, but it could have been much better.
Mar 27, 2021 1:25 PM

Aug 2008
MasterHavik said:
gswelcome said:
After all that training to control his preparator urges and he just straight up eats the leg of Louis, even with permission it makes the whole season of his training with the panda pointless to me. Then he wants to hide everything from Haru. Great relationship tactic, hide things from your partner.

Louis and the lions far better part of this season than Legoshi imo. That showdown at the end was stupid as well. What would Legoshi have done if that bear lost it and ate someone else because he wanted a shounen duel to "settle things" instead of the sensible thing of going to the police. Which they both ended up being arrested at the end anyway! Ugh.
It doesn't make it pointless though. Louis told him the truth and you can tell with his body Legoshi wasn't going to win that fight without getting some real beef. The show makes it quite clear not eating the food you're suppose to eat is going to fuck you. Louis nearly died because he was eating meat for example.

Also that's in character for Legoshi because he is a nervous wreck around Haru. He doesn't think she can handle some of the shit he has been through. Wil she even believe them? You gotta think about that before you bash his approach.

Lastly, Legoshi is honorable. He wanted to do up front. Besides he calls the cops, he is going to need proof that it is Riz. What is going to tell the cops? "Yo the brown bear ate this dude who died months ago." This is before Riz decided to rough up Pina mind you. So yeah... I'm not saying you're wrong but offering some counter points.

He may have needed the meat to win but he should never have been in that situation in the first place. I find his eating the foot to be comprimising his hard won principles in helping herbivores. Just can't agree with the decision. For Haru I agree its in character for him, I just don't like it so I'm throwing shade at him for that, much more understandable than the foot eating though, that I'm not going to accept.

With the last point I maintain what I said in that I find it to just be stupid shounen nonsense. He may not have hard proof but given the fact that the bear ended up threatening and then outright attacking Legoshi and the sheep, I would bet there would be a good chance in him cracking. Shoot may not even need the police, why not the security snake who I just realized simply disappears from the season. I'm sure the guard could be good backup at least when he was doing his confronting but no, had to do it the way the panda does and risk the lives of the students by letting a murderer stay free because... shounen sense of "honor".
Mar 27, 2021 3:14 PM
Jul 2019
Benersan said:
Am I forgetting a crucial scene? Did Legosi and Louis have any semblance of friendship in season 1? I can't help but feel they've been super buddy buddy in this season.

Like, how in God's name did Louis save Legosi?

They weren't, but neither were they in this season either. They both just kinda respected each other, even though Louis was trying to hide it.
Mar 27, 2021 9:38 PM
Jun 2017
Huh. So it ends.
Well, Orange didn't disappoint us with the audiovisuals, that's for sure. They remained perfect, just as they were in S1.
However, I was disappointed by other things, like the cut out of important plot points, like G*sh*, which are very important for the third season, or not so imporrtant but nonetheless heartwarming stories, like some Louis' flashbacks, Priestgoshi and Ai's story, above all.
Yep, they did include Paru's first big bullsh*t: the moths. It was never explained what happened there,a dn it's sad, as kind of tore down the coherence of the plot abput the fight. In the manga, Legoshi was pretty beaten up but was saved by the Moth Ex Machina. They included that there, although Legoshi wasn't losing as much.

Anyway, this fight was very well done. Riz throwing Legoshi here and there like a bag of potatoes felt nice, in a character fluidity way. Again, they did a superb job with the models and the CGI.
I did feel bad for Riz, the poor guy only wanted a friend.

Well, welll... Who knows if we'll get a Season 3? Though I don't know if I'll watch it as well. I think this series has already peaked, and in my opinion the quality becoems stagnant and sharply decreases in the second half of the next season, so maybe I'll avoid that suffering for me. I don't want to see this beautiful and ridden with potential story being ruined for a third time. Well, theycould go for an original story to fix the plot, but they tried to do the same with Yakusoku no Neverland and... welp. Maybe it's better if we don't get anything at all...

All in all, it was still entertaining. Didn't make me feel as much as the first season, but at least it managed to keep my attention at all times.
Mar 28, 2021 3:22 AM
Oct 2019
Wow they played the ED in the beginning for Ibuki
R.I.P

Killed by Free, damn that was a clever name pun...

The fight was so full of emotional and philosophical...

Legoshi Eating Louis Foot it's like remove the number cursed from him...

What a great writing by Paru Itagaki 🙏

YOASOBI delivered such a beautiful song for the OP & ED

Studio Orange once again delivered amazing CG Anime...
Thank You for all the people behind the production ...

8/10
Mar 28, 2021 3:28 AM
Oct 2019
FoxKingAzod said:
Came here thinking a lot of people would be venting like I've been, but I'm surprised to see the praises this final episode is getting. Skip down to the part where Legosi eats Louis's leg! Like what the hell was that. Almost puked when I watched it. Legosi became Riz in that single act regardless of whether Louis allowed it or that he didn't eat all of him. Why did Louis not call the police? What was the point in yielding to Legosi's foolishness? Was a phone call more expensive than a leg? A working leg! And pls don't tell me the leg reminded me of his past, the problem is with the mind. Would you advice someone who was whipped and tortured to peel off the skin on his back? I was extremely disappointed with the last fight honestly. We see Legosi toil through almost all the episodes to fight and since the writers were too lazy to give Legosi a winning edge by outwitting Riz, they resulted to a strength vs strength final battle. And this strength Legosi used came from a final hack in the end. All that training from the beginning was useless. He should've just eaten the meat that Polar Bear dude offered from the beginning. Nonsense!
And what did we have in the end, the Police! The fvckin police no one called still ended up showing up arresting Legosi and Riz. Hollup Riz? Yes Riz, he didn't die, he ... Drum roll... Surrendered I suppose. So Louis lost a leg for apparently nothing in the end. So much disappointment from this finale. Nonsense

This is what happened when you take everything on the show face value. Literally... lol
Mar 28, 2021 3:35 AM
Oct 2019
Ketrod said:
FoxKingAzod said:
And what did we have in the end, the Police! The fvckin police no one called still ended up showing up arresting Legosi and Riz.

I merely want to point out that it was Pina who called the police, as he's seen calling someone on his phone after he escapes (I believe this was better stated in the manga).

Yeah clearly that was Pina doing it...
He calling someone.

It's like the show is nonsense because i didn't pay attention to it... Lol
Mar 28, 2021 3:35 AM

Feb 2021
sodobean said:
Damn i was hoping that theyd give a teaser of s3 since they showed 2 major characters already

Wait they showed
and who? When did they show the other major character? I guess I missed it
obscure anime for u idiots to watch right NOW
1.Odd Taxi WATCH THIS!!!!!
2.LINK CLICK super underrated!! (chinese, foto-time travelling, emotional stories dope music)
3.Mashiro no Oto if u like traditional jap banger music

please support Cherry&virgin if u can!!
Mar 28, 2021 3:42 AM

Oct 2008
Buffed Legoshi was quite weird looking!
Louis sacrificed his right leg to Legoshi...oh my that gotta hurt!
Riz is still overwhelming even if Legoshi had some power-up!
i guess Ibuki died (killed by Free) for their leader Louis! still tragic!
Free didn't kill Louis because if that happens, Ibuki would have died for nothing!
that happy smiling face of Legoshi was funny satisfying!
5/5.
9/10.

Mar 28, 2021 8:29 AM

Nov 2019
sntiago said:
sodobean said:
Damn i was hoping that theyd give a teaser of s3 since they showed 2 major characters already

Wait they showed
and who? When did they show the other major character? I guess I missed it
hidden condo arc, sebun
Mar 28, 2021 4:37 PM

Aug 2018
I said out loud 4 or 5 times during this episode:

WTF? You don't need to do that!

I strongly dislike this ending.
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Mar 28, 2021 6:48 PM

Mar 2014
eating louis's right foot was pointless if the fight ended anticlimactically.
Mar 29, 2021 3:12 AM
Feb 2015
ButtSlapper said:
eating louis's right foot was pointless if the fight ended anticlimactically.

No it's not. Legoshi eating Louis's foot not only freed Louis from his dark past, but it was also proof that Riz's ideals were wrong. The fight ended the moment Riz noticed Legoshi and Louis having a true carnivore/herbivore friendship
Mar 29, 2021 3:13 AM
Feb 2015
guizo- said:

I don't even need to know what you're talking about to respond to this. Yes, they did need to do that
Mar 29, 2021 6:33 AM

Oct 2020
Pretty good season. Was disappointed Rokume didn't get that much screen time. Mainly focusing on Legoshi and Louis mirroring characteristic and Legoshi trying to solve the mystery of Tem's killer con confronting him. Shame Ibuki had to die like that and also did not expect Legoshi to just up and eat Louis's foot like that.

Mar 29, 2021 7:13 AM

Sep 2013
Damn onions when Louis made his emotional internal speech,the situation he was put in was so strange and probably only something animals could comprehend but i still found it beautiful and sad

Very good season overall,even better than S1 even if i wished we saw more Haru.
Deep dark fantasies
Mar 29, 2021 10:06 AM

Aug 2018
yungthoticus said:
guizo- said:

I don't even need to know what you're talking about to respond to this. Yes, they did need to do that

Like; Louis didn't have to leave shishigumi, couldn't he just be like; Hey let's go watch a fight! That lion chose to die over something Louis could have avoided.

Legoshi should just have called the cops once he realized he couldn't win. In the end they showed up anyway. He ate Loius'es foot for nothing.

I get that everyone did what they did over pride, but those were some very dumb decisions that could be avoided.

Not saying that would make for better storytelling, no, it wouldn't. But as things went down, they didn't sit well with me
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Mar 29, 2021 1:04 PM
Feb 2015
guizo- said:
yungthoticus said:

Like; Louis didn't have to leave shishigumi, couldn't he just be like; Hey let's go watch a fight! That lion chose to die over something Louis could have avoided.

Legoshi should just have called the cops once he realized he couldn't win. In the end they showed up anyway. He ate Loius'es foot for nothing.

I get that everyone did what they did over pride, but those were some very dumb decisions that could be avoided.

Not saying that would make for better storytelling, no, it wouldn't. But as things went down, they didn't sit well with me

1. Do you honestly think the Shishigumi would wanna watch a fight like this?
2. Legoshi wanted to defeat Riz no matter what. There was no way he was calling the cops there. Pina called the cops, but that was basically an outside interference.
3. He didn't eat Louis's foot for nothing. Eating his foot basically made Riz surrender because the thing he was fighting for, a true relationship between a carnivore and an herbivore, was literally what Legoshi and Louis embodied. Riz realized he didn't have that, so he surrendered to Legoshi's ideals.
4. Every decision made sense, you need to read into it more.
Mar 29, 2021 2:30 PM

Nov 2018
I dunno. This last episode just didn't work for me, but I think my disappointment over the season as a whole colored that. They definitely offered reasons for them to fight, I just didn't really feel they were believable. Louis had a gun. Shoot Riz, or force him to the police. Eating Louis' leg? It just didn't make any sense to me (again, despite their rationales for it). Then, Legosi needed get together with Haru, but that ship sailed many episodes ago. I realize the season 1 cliffhanger was "whodunit?", and so they really did deliver on that. So maybe I just set myself up for disappointment, but the story I wanted to see this season was Legosi/Haru, and I guess that wasn't meant to be.
Mar 29, 2021 2:46 PM
Feb 2015
miniika said:
I dunno. This last episode just didn't work for me, but I think my disappointment over the season as a whole colored that. They definitely offered reasons for them to fight, I just didn't really feel they were believable. Louis had a gun. Shoot Riz, or force him to the police. Eating Louis' leg? It just didn't make any sense to me (again, despite their rationales for it). Then, Legosi needed get together with Haru, but that ship sailed many episodes ago. I realize the season 1 cliffhanger was "whodunit?", and so they really did deliver on that. So maybe I just set myself up for disappointment, but the story I wanted to see this season was Legosi/Haru, and I guess that wasn't meant to be.

This story is more than just a highschool romance. Also, why would Louis shoot Riz? He knows this is Legoshi's fight
Mar 29, 2021 9:43 PM
Dec 2018
I think this is the best way to end the entire series. No need for another sequel.
8/10 I'm going to miss this anime probably will rewatch it in some time.
Mar 29, 2021 11:30 PM

Nov 2018
yungthoticus said:

This story is more than just a highschool romance. Also, why would Louis shoot Riz? He knows this is Legoshi's fight

When did I say it was only a high school romance? However, a romance developed in S1 so the expectation for it to continue is completely reasonable. However, it was abandoned in S2. I mean watch the Season 2 OP, it's practically all about Legosi and Haru. Yet Haru is a side character that we only get to see on stairs every once in a while. The whole Riz fight was forced and unnecessary. They should have turned him in as soon as they found out he killed. It was ridiculous. And there were total throwaway plots (like the whole new Beastar thing in the senate chamber or whatever it was called). This season had a lot to live up to, and it failed for me. Clearly it succeeded for others. But my opinion is valid on its own.
Mar 30, 2021 4:02 PM

Jul 2020
This season was very dark but also more nonsense, the relationship between Haru and Legoshi seems almost not canon anymore, they have grown too apart.
I really like Legoshi and Louis development in this season tho
Also r.i.p Ibuki, was a really nice character
Mar 30, 2021 9:19 PM

Jul 2014
Decent season. I definitely liked the first one better, but this one was decent. Like others have said, I'm confused on the lack of Haru this season. It feels weird for her to be such a significant character in season 1 and then completely drop out of the storyline.

it's also really dissatisfying to have a love interest have so little involvement in the plot or what's going on in the MC's life. I went from loving their bond in season 1 to feeling like it wasn't that believable in season 2 -- they felt incredibly distant and like strangers with how little of himself Legoshi shared with her. A love interest should understand the protagonist like no one else, Haru has no idea about anything. Right now, literally every other character seems to understand Legoshi better than Haru does, because they know what's going on in his life XD

Sure, Legoshi didn't want to open up to her about it, but you've could've had Haru witnessing some of the stuff that happened and confronting him on it. it could've brought them closer together by her seeing the part of himself he's trying so desperately to hide and accepting him and trying to find a way to support him however she can.

Maybe it's something that comes up later in the story, but here it just felt really weird. she doesn't even really try that hard to figure out what he's hiding, it doesn't make them fight or drive a wedge between them that he's keeping secrets from her (something that could've been interesting) she's just absent and oblivious, knowing he's doing something but not really caring enough to pursue it or feel concerned by it? she complains once he's avoiding her in the library and then just disappears again... it's odd lol.

That's what makes the romance feel incredibly shallow atm. you could argue this season wasn't about the romance but idk i feel like it should've tied in more with the overall story. usually the love interest has SOMETHING to do with what's going on with the main plot. that's my biggest complaint about season 2, i liked the rest well enough, but man, it is saddening to see hardly any Haru.
King_KiashiMar 30, 2021 9:27 PM
Mar 31, 2021 12:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I think I loved this season and way much more than season 1 to be honest, less romance and more plot and mystery, the animation was top notch 10/10 CGI, same for the artistic direction, the final was pretty good and damn Legoshi ate Louise's leg, I hope that we'll get a third season and even though they didn't tease it unfortunately :/
Mar 31, 2021 2:31 PM
Oct 2019
Louis crying was so unexpected! And Legoshi smiling was so cute lol. I hope there are plans for a 3 season!
Apr 1, 2021 10:29 PM
Nov 2018
i really like this episode, louis want legosi to eat his branded foot to get rid of his "curse" blew my mind, ngl. louis' character arc this season was phenomenal.
Apr 2, 2021 6:41 AM
May 2020
A good end of the 2nd season. I think it would be better if this season had 13 episodes instead of 12, but we have that we have. I hope that maybe at the end of the year we will get a 3rd season announcement. I really want to see one particular character animated.
5/5 - for this episode
9/10 - overall for the season.
Apr 2, 2021 9:00 PM

Aug 2007
I actually thought they would have left it at a cliffhanger... There was so much it cut, and that's super disappointing.

If they make it about the same length, the first 13 will probably stick true to the story, and the next 13 will be completely reworked... I would even say writing without the source material could turn into something really amazing.

S2 was still better than S1. I'm eager to watch a third season.

7/10 due to rushing the ending.

Apr 4, 2021 6:38 PM
Aug 2013
What a disappointment. I'm shocked that people are defending this season, and this ending. This felt like the writer made up her mind about what would definitely happen in the fight between Legosi and Riz, and then wrote a terrible, contrived story to come up to that point. The simple solution, calling the police, was right there but then Legosi wouldn't be able to eat Louis' foot.

This show went downhill the moment that Legosi became shaved. It was symbolically the opposite of growing the beard. The candid best friend conversations between Jack (dog) and Legosi, which was one of the highlights of S1, disappeared. Haru was written out. The entire drama club became a non-factor in the murder mystery. What happened to the snake in episode 2? What happened to Juno aiming to be a Beastar?

I was envisioning the final episode being an epic confrontation where Riz's crime was exposed to the entire drama club, or even having Legosi work with Bill (tiger) to come up with a plan to take Riz down. Would it have been cheesier? Sure. Would it have made more sense and be a better ending? Absolutely. Instead, dropping the drama club members entirely for some vigilante shounen fight thing was one of the sloppiest solutions around.

Louis' sacrifice would've meant more if Legosi and Louis were shown to be closer friends. But the show didn't present that at all. The writer wrote Legosi into a corner by making him a total introvert, to the point that the only person that could offer their foot to Legosi and still be believable was Jack, or even Haru. Haru doing what Louis did would've been much more impactful and wouldn't have required as much setup time to do it, as the show wouldn't have needed as many pointless mafia scenes.

I gave S1 an 8, but this was a 4. My disappointment was similar going from The Promised Neverland S1 (8) to S2 (3).
GippyApr 4, 2021 11:56 PM
Apr 5, 2021 2:52 PM

Jul 2013
Eating Louis' leg was a bit controversial, however I do acknowledge the non-conservative ways the author selects to expand her characters and story. So, in the end, this lost leg represents Louis' newfound freedom, the "stepping stone" Legoshi has to climb to overcome Riz and the strong bond between Louis and Legoshi.

But seriously this season had a lot of things to like. From the continous contrast between Legoshi and Louis, to complex characters like Ibuki and that awesome ending animation!

No season 3 announcement yet makes me a bit anxious... I hope the rest of the manga gets animated in the near future
Apr 5, 2021 10:16 PM

Sep 2018
I enjoy the Season 1 but this season confused me :(
I don't understand them huhu 7/10
Apr 6, 2021 7:28 PM

Mar 2019
Legosi became the man he was established as in his bug-flavoured hallucinations/dreams, a man of the world embracing his carnivore side while keeping his love for his peers, whether herbivore or meat-eater.
The fight was as emotionally packed as the amount that Legosi got beat down by the bear, who should of gotten merked.

Glad to see Haru a little bit, but wished I got a more fulfilling ending to her and Legosi's relationship. Will continue to watch out for Haru in season 3!
Apr 6, 2021 7:31 PM

Mar 2019
Gippy said:
What a disappointment. I'm shocked that people are defending this season, and this ending. This felt like the writer made up her mind about what would definitely happen in the fight between Legosi and Riz, and then wrote a terrible, contrived story to come up to that point. The simple solution, calling the police, was right there but then Legosi wouldn't be able to eat Louis' foot.

This show went downhill the moment that Legosi became shaved. It was symbolically the opposite of growing the beard. The candid best friend conversations between Jack (dog) and Legosi, which was one of the highlights of S1, disappeared. Haru was written out. The entire drama club became a non-factor in the murder mystery. What happened to the snake in episode 2? What happened to Juno aiming to be a Beastar?

I was envisioning the final episode being an epic confrontation where Riz's crime was exposed to the entire drama club, or even having Legosi work with Bill (tiger) to come up with a plan to take Riz down. Would it have been cheesier? Sure. Would it have made more sense and be a better ending? Absolutely. Instead, dropping the drama club members entirely for some vigilante shounen fight thing was one of the sloppiest solutions around.

Louis' sacrifice would've meant more if Legosi and Louis were shown to be closer friends. But the show didn't present that at all. The writer wrote Legosi into a corner by making him a total introvert, to the point that the only person that could offer their foot to Legosi and still be believable was Jack, or even Haru. Haru doing what Louis did would've been much more impactful and wouldn't have required as much setup time to do it, as the show wouldn't have needed as many pointless mafia scenes.

I gave S1 an 8, but this was a 4. My disappointment was similar going from The Promised Neverland S1 (8) to S2 (3).

Ryan completely agrees with this, and I sort of do too. I still try to find some enjoyment in the botching, thinking te author went with this as their ending to the season for a reason far beyond fan service.
Apr 7, 2021 6:29 PM

Oct 2008
A very disappointing ending. I was expecting a much better closure than Legoshi having to break his oath and eat Louis' leg for a boost in a fight which didn't have a clear winning ending anyway. It made all of his previous training episodes completely meaningless. I enjoyed it overall quite a bit until episode 10 or so, is a shame it went in such a direction at the end.
Apr 8, 2021 5:27 AM

Sep 2016
Never did I expect that Beastars S2 would be messed up only by the finale. I wonder how they managed to make things go wrong only in the final episode.
The studio definitely should be blamed for not budgeting enough screen time for the plot development & emotion build-up. But the author can hardly absolve herself from the blame either. Based on what I heard from the manga readers, at least half of them think that what happened in this ep was just that sudden & weird in the manga in the first place & they were also confused by the twists when reading the manga. (Sure there're more details here and there in the manga, but they don't help a lot with understanding the twists.)

Honestly, I was not a fan of S1 probably due to my unable to understand Haru's logic and such. (Don't get me wrong. I know what the author tries to express, but I just couldn't agree with the causality behind it sometimes.)
In this season they focus more on the plot & character development rather than those weird relationships & emotions, so I was actually amazed by the promising S2 and even considered rating it 9/10. But with the incoherent final ep, I'll have to rate it 8/10. Feel sad that the finale ruined the whole show & all the efforts in the previous 11 episodes.

I will still watch S3 if there's one. But it seems the plot will turn even worse from this point according to some manga readers' comments. I kinda lack the confidence in future seasons cuz I just found that the logic in Beastars cannot fully persuade me to relate to the emotions & behaviors of the characters in quite a few cases.
Apr 10, 2021 2:28 AM

Mar 2015
Hoping a third season is in the works!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 11, 2021 4:29 AM

Apr 2014
this season was good but season 1 was just much better imo

all i really gotta say

who knows if a new season will come out or not but basically this was the last arc i even cared to see animated as i just dont care for the rest of this series

but again 1st arc still remains to be the best arc
"one step at a time"
Apr 12, 2021 3:47 AM
Apr 2020
I wasn't okay with Legosi eating Luis' foot. Apart from it being just horrible to watch, it was so out of character for Legosi. He had stood against predation for two seasons and there he goes and eats his friends foot just because he wanted to win. And did he even win? More than the physical fight (which I'd say ended as a disappointment) it was a battle of ideals. Legosi eating Luis' foot was against the ideal we were made to believe Legosi had; to protect herbivores. And there he went harming one just as Riz did, regardless of whether it wasn't to the same degree. He trained and trained to not rely on meat for strength and in the end he failed (terribly I'd say). Made watching the first to the penultimate episode such a waste. All that training for almost completely nothing.

I wonder why people rate this season highly with such a terrible and contradictory ending? I'd appreciate a different looking glass from someone who was okay with all of these issues I found and actually loved the end.
Apr 12, 2021 3:59 AM
Apr 2020
davidyodo24 said:
FoxKingAzod said:
Came here thinking a lot of people would be venting like I've been, but I'm surprised to see the praises this final episode is getting. Skip down to the part where Legosi eats Louis's leg! Like what the hell was that. Almost puked when I watched it. Legosi became Riz in that single act regardless of whether Louis allowed it or that he didn't eat all of him. Why did Louis not call the police? What was the point in yielding to Legosi's foolishness? Was a phone call more expensive than a leg? A working leg! And pls don't tell me the leg reminded me of his past, the problem is with the mind. Would you advice someone who was whipped and tortured to peel off the skin on his back? I was extremely disappointed with the last fight honestly. We see Legosi toil through almost all the episodes to fight and since the writers were too lazy to give Legosi a winning edge by outwitting Riz, they resulted to a strength vs strength final battle. And this strength Legosi used came from a final hack in the end. All that training from the beginning was useless. He should've just eaten the meat that Polar Bear dude offered from the beginning. Nonsense!
And what did we have in the end, the Police! The fvckin police no one called still ended up showing up arresting Legosi and Riz. Hollup Riz? Yes Riz, he didn't die, he ... Drum roll... Surrendered I suppose. So Louis lost a leg for apparently nothing in the end. So much disappointment from this finale. Nonsense

This is what happened when you take everything on the show face value. Literally... lol

When you write a story you should make it plausible, believable. This was a story were carnivores and herbivores try to coexist. Our protagonist is in support of this the whole first and second season but until the last episode. How can I watch that and not go WTF?
Apr 14, 2021 9:21 AM

Sep 2015
This season was a huge letdown. Starting with the kidnapping of Haru in Season 1, it went from a carefully thought-out social commentary into a crazy furry version of The Sopranos mixed with a bit of Fight Club. The final episode just felt rushed and Legoshi eating Louis's foot and Ibuki's somewhat rushed development and death made an already disappointing series worse. I'm probably biased because Haru was by far my favorite character in Season 1 and she probably had less than screentime 15 minutes of screentime the entire season. Not to mention Legoshi just becoming more and more reckless and unlikable throughout this season. Season 1 was 9/10 for me, this season's gonna be a 6/10. Still very watchable, but a big step back for the series IMO.
Apr 14, 2021 10:09 PM

Mar 2017
Lmao Louis lost part of his leg for fucking nothing. Imagine eating your best friend's leg just because you don't want to call the cops.
Apr 21, 2021 10:53 PM

Feb 2014
underwhelming ending.. rushed.

Unfulfiling.

The overall season was better than season 1, but these last 2 episodes..... oh God >.< I was ready to give this 7 or 8 but now I just don´t feel like doing it.

Also, this season went alllll gay yaoi hehe
TechOtakuApr 22, 2021 7:31 AM
Apr 25, 2021 7:25 PM
Jan 2017
This season seemed a looot worse of a seaosn than the 1st one.
to me the 1st season playe dalot like Zootopia in that it showed teh struggle of carnivores and herbivores and teh trust between tehm due to carnivores having to fight base urges. which is cool and in teh end it all had a point w/ legoshi gaining a cute bunny gf.

but s2 even though I watched it all in 1 go up til just now I caaant really say i understood what the fuuuck happened. I mean I get Louis's arc of becoming a mob boss of lions and overcoming his gripe w/ carnivores. buuut what happened w/ legoshi he had a reeeally weird buddhist monk thing going on where he was so stuck up w/ his morals that he thought of it as "immoral" to have even the sexiest of thoughts to Haru, who he barely spends any time w/ this whole season. and while i get him wanting to fight Grizz the rest of the plot just seemed a bit too off the walls for Beastars. idk but if another season comes I'll definitely check it out
7/10
May 5, 2021 8:34 PM
Sep 2019
couldn’t he had gotten a tattoo removal instead? yikes that last episode was a straight up 1/10 . It just belittled all his growth I’m really confused as to why that was even necessary.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

102 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:23 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2021

63 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:44 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2021

137 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.