Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 25, 2021 12:39 PM

Jul 2017
This season was a fantastic upgrade. Way darker, way more engaging, i just couldn't wait for the next episode to come out!

We found out about Tem's killer, we dived way deeper into the ways of the carnivores, we also got to follow Louis' new lifestyle.. And last but not least, we got to witness more Legoshi development, absolutely loved his determination to pull out Louis from that darkness. We got it all. Just like the first season, the development was top notch, im completely satisfied!

And i never expected Legoshi to eat Louis' foot :o what a scene that was!

9/10 for this season as well, bring out the 3rd one! ^^
WaterLordMar 25, 2021 12:49 PM
Mar 25, 2021 12:44 PM

Aug 2020
Dang, what a finale. Didn't expect Legosi to eat Louis' foot D:
Mar 25, 2021 1:03 PM

Dec 2009
THIS!! ~~ Louis's reactions and expressions were incredibly sexy ^^
Mar 25, 2021 1:38 PM

Apr 2020
Don't know how to feel about this finale. Felt it had some good ideas but the execution was lacking.

Overall it had some moments just as good as season 1 but too many issues in comparison. S1 a 10/10 this at a 9/10. I'll read the manga.
Mar 25, 2021 2:02 PM

Apr 2020
"Something is pouring out of me"
"Disgusting..."
"Louis, I can feel a part of you overflowing inside of me"

Okay Louis and Legoshi, you both are not in a hentai, you're in the final episode of Beastars 2. But jokes aside, I really found that funny.

This ending was not as hard-hitting as I thought it would. But I can tell that this feels like an ending, and if they don't want to make a 3rd season of Beastars, then this will be somewhat of a satisfying open ending that I can take.

I can't believe that Louis lets Legoshi eat his foot, which means Legoshi is not a vegetarian anymore. Also it's weird yet amusing to see them stop their fight from time to time, yet it kinda breaks off the tension that was set up at the beginning of the episode. Also the ending feels a bit lacking, yeah they explain what happened to them afterwards, and Louis and Haru had their scene at the end, but I'm just not that satisfied with the ending.

Also RIP Ibuki, sad he had to die off like that. Overall still a 9/10, but definitely weaker than the first. Hope we do get that Season 3 though.
Mar 25, 2021 2:13 PM

Aug 2014
Is this the end? It feels unfinished for some kind of reason.
Good season thought, I enjoyed it a lot
Mar 25, 2021 2:35 PM

Nov 2016
I went ahead and read this part in the manga after last weeks episode, but it didn't diminish my enjoyment of this great episode. Captivating confrontation between Legosi and Riz. Haven't seen anything quite like this before. Killing him softly, Legosi did it.

My only gripe is that this could've been easily a 29min or maybe even double length episode.

But amazing season overall.

ttcchen said:
They've cut out lots of content this season, but overall it's pretty great. They managed to rearrange and cut scenes in a way that flows well and makes sense. The changes in dialogues also fits the anime version of the story, and the end of this episode summarized the scenes it skipped pretty well. I like how Louis offering his leg to Legosi alludes to episode 1 of season 1 when he pulled Legosi by his tie and said "If I offer my leg to you, you'd drool and happily accept my request" (or something like that). It sucks that Ibuki has to die so Louis has a reason to quit the Shishigumi (since one of his underling tried to eat him so he's forced to leave)

If you like this season and want a fuller experience (and see what content they skipped), read the manga starting from Chapter 54. By the way, season 1 also skipped and changed lots of stuff (after all, they're stuffing 100 chapters into 2 cours (24 episodes) so there're bound to be lots of stuff cut out), so if I were you I'd read from Chapter 1. The manga is way crazier than the anime imo.

Anyway, onto the things changed/deleted. I'll also spoil Legosi's backstory that was cut out since a season 3 wasn't announced:

Season 2 ends on Chapter 96.

If you're a big fan then it's definitely worth it to pick up the manga from the beginning
FMmatronMar 25, 2021 2:38 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 25, 2021 3:56 PM

May 2019
ttcchen said:

Anyway, onto the things changed/deleted. I'll also spoil Legosi's backstory that was cut out since a season 3 wasn't announced:

lol I'm sorry. Wut?

That's sounds so silly and ridiculous.
I'm kinda glad it was cut.
Mar 25, 2021 4:36 PM

Aug 2018
Excellent season, loved it so far as it truly brought a different set of emotions & intruigues. Most of the new main characters (or continuously main ones) were interesting, even if I regret that Louis ha to quit the Leo Group, especially after provoking Ribuki's death.

Don't know if a third season will ever come up, but I'm still glad to have watched both the first and second ones
Mar 25, 2021 4:39 PM

Aug 2008
After all that training to control his preparator urges and he just straight up eats the leg of Louis, even with permission it makes the whole season of his training with the panda pointless to me. Then he wants to hide everything from Haru. Great relationship tactic, hide things from your partner.

Louis and the lions far better part of this season than Legoshi imo. That showdown at the end was stupid as well. What would Legoshi have done if that bear lost it and ate someone else because he wanted a shounen duel to "settle things" instead of the sensible thing of going to the police. Which they both ended up being arrested at the end anyway! Ugh.
Mar 25, 2021 5:07 PM

Feb 2020
Though I liked first season more, This was also pretty great. they could have give a little bit more to the ending.
I wish this gets a 3rd season (though chances are pretty low)
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Mar 25, 2021 5:47 PM

Jan 2020
They really pulled a Gintama by playing the ed at the start. Nice.
Legosi fighting is always nice too and it was a decent way to conclude the season

Mar 25, 2021 5:55 PM

Apr 2020
I loved this season, Beastars is perfect. I need to put my laziness aside and read the manga.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Mar 25, 2021 5:55 PM
Oct 2020
the ending seemed so rushed and wtf was that ending anyways... lit ate his friends leg for support and didt kill the mf bear omfg. hopefully the ending of other anime in the winter 2021 category makeup for this horrible one
Mar 25, 2021 5:58 PM
Aug 2019
I loved this season. So much character development for Legosi, Louis and Ibuki.
Good action scenes and the best part is that we had almost no Haru in this season.
Mar 25, 2021 6:11 PM
Feb 2016
Hopefully the franchise end here

Nobody wants s3, the rest of the manga is utter trash
Mar 25, 2021 6:11 PM

Apr 2008
Shiro-cat said:
Ruckle said:
One of the trashiest endings I've ever seen.

All of the characters decisions completely out of place.

same. Last episode just didn't make sense, or maybe I just didnt focus enough to pick symbolics or whatever? Like why exactly Ibuki had to die, why Legoshi was so stupid to ask Louis to come watch his fight (so Riz could eat him too?). Why in all previous episodes they made huge meaning that not eating meat can make you strong too, while in last they all forgot about it and Legoshi immediately got super strong and muscled just bc of one leg? So why in black market no one is like that too? Because they don't know true meaning of meat? That made training with panda just pointless. And Louis giving his leg was just random and Legoshi quickly jumping for it (he was so against eating any meat before) was stupid and pointless if they just went to police anyway. I just dont like how author or producers (because i dont know if any of these were explained or described in more details in manga) made this episode so full of plotholes Also why that other lion was so quick to jump to let Louis leave mafia? They were so into idea of him being their boss, Louis too - we got to watch him develop there for like 10 episodes and then he just quit in one minute and everyone were happy for him to do that. Bromance between Legoshi and Louis was also a bit too much for me - they didnt get along before and suddenly they're like best friends. Maybe I just saw Louis getting irritated around Legoshi and other one just being awkward that I didnt expect them to end like that.

Somehow I didn't dislike it too much, but I can't disagree with any of these complaints. I feel like Beastars has enough depth to make these character swings make sense, but it didn't get conveyed here. I also want to add in, didn't Louis have a gun? It vanishes between him holding it up in defense and Ibuki getting shot, but it'd be pretty weird for him to abandon it knowing where he's going. Does not using it fall under the same logic as not just calling the police? The foot thing seemed desperate even with the eating the curse justification.
Mar 25, 2021 6:27 PM
Jul 2019
This was such a fantastic season.

9/10 easily. Better than first season too. Only complaint is that the last fight could have been better or more tense after he ate the leg but it ended in a bit anti climatic way. Excluding this it was a fantastic watch from first episode up till this.

Interesting how the story goes on from there.
Mar 25, 2021 6:47 PM

Jul 2020
After this episode I just realized how much I really like Louis as a character. He's probably the best supporting character this season. Him bawling his eyes out for Legoshi and removing the facade he had the whole season was a joy to watch.
Mar 25, 2021 7:50 PM

Apr 2015
Even now, this project continues to impress.

It says Legoshi is 187cm/6'1" and 77kg/169lbs, pretty under weight for someone that tall, normally. (BMI=BS) It took into account his training. That's attention to detail, people.
Mar 25, 2021 8:13 PM

Jul 2011
I liked this fight episode because is anime realistically. Legosi just there like when you are laid down talking to a friend,while the friend do a monologue. And when Legosi and Louis are having the pep talk, Riz knows that they are on the bridge,but let them have their time.

Mar 25, 2021 9:20 PM

Jan 2011
I wanna cry this was so beautiful. I hope Legoshi gets the credit of being a Beastar at least. He did do what they wanted. I loved this season and how it ended.
MasterHavikMar 25, 2021 9:27 PM
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Mar 25, 2021 9:22 PM

Jan 2011
Karysuuwu said:
the ending seemed so rushed and wtf was that ending anyways... lit ate his friends leg for support and didt kill the mf bear omfg. hopefully the ending of other anime in the winter 2021 category makeup for this horrible one
Killing Riz would have been worse. LOL! Why the hell would do that? The goal was to bring him to justice not kill him.
Mar 25, 2021 9:26 PM

Jan 2011
gswelcome said:
After all that training to control his preparator urges and he just straight up eats the leg of Louis, even with permission it makes the whole season of his training with the panda pointless to me. Then he wants to hide everything from Haru. Great relationship tactic, hide things from your partner.

Louis and the lions far better part of this season than Legoshi imo. That showdown at the end was stupid as well. What would Legoshi have done if that bear lost it and ate someone else because he wanted a shounen duel to "settle things" instead of the sensible thing of going to the police. Which they both ended up being arrested at the end anyway! Ugh.
It doesn't make it pointless though. Louis told him the truth and you can tell with his body Legoshi wasn't going to win that fight without getting some real beef. The show makes it quite clear not eating the food you're suppose to eat is going to fuck you. Louis nearly died because he was eating meat for example.

Also that's in character for Legoshi because he is a nervous wreck around Haru. He doesn't think she can handle some of the shit he has been through. Wil she even believe them? You gotta think about that before you bash his approach.

Lastly, Legoshi is honorable. He wanted to do up front. Besides he calls the cops, he is going to need proof that it is Riz. What is going to tell the cops? "Yo the brown bear ate this dude who died months ago." This is before Riz decided to rough up Pina mind you. So yeah... I'm not saying you're wrong but offering some counter points.
Mar 25, 2021 9:49 PM
Nov 2019
What was that ending to Beastars season 2 I'm Conflicted i understand Riz realizing what he was doing was fucked and his friendship in the end was him being a monster and Louis realizing what he is his mistakes and accepting who he is because he can't change what he is but i am confused about Legoshi was it excepting who he his whilst trying to protect others.What was the point in all that training.Wtf.
Mar 25, 2021 10:04 PM
Feb 2017
Ending reeks of immaturity for such a wonderful show.

I enjoyed all the episodes but last.
Ending was not at all thrilling both psychologically and philosophically, I was expecting something better.
Mar 25, 2021 10:34 PM
Jul 2019
There's no way a wolf was going to beat a bear with without some cheating, in this case eating the meat. For the greater good Legoshi had to do the sacrifice, otherwise he knew very well from the start he was mostly dying anyway.

This wasn't the problem, the problem is the fight after that was anti climatic and ended rapidly and suddenly.

But it's a small problem in an overall great season. The only thing I think the first season did better than this one is the climax as the final conflict was done nicely in season one.
Mar 25, 2021 10:37 PM
Jul 2019
Bio said:
Shiro-cat said:

same. Last episode just didn't make sense, or maybe I just didnt focus enough to pick symbolics or whatever? Like why exactly Ibuki had to die, why Legoshi was so stupid to ask Louis to come watch his fight (so Riz could eat him too?). Why in all previous episodes they made huge meaning that not eating meat can make you strong too, while in last they all forgot about it and Legoshi immediately got super strong and muscled just bc of one leg? So why in black market no one is like that too? Because they don't know true meaning of meat? That made training with panda just pointless. And Louis giving his leg was just random and Legoshi quickly jumping for it (he was so against eating any meat before) was stupid and pointless if they just went to police anyway. I just dont like how author or producers (because i dont know if any of these were explained or described in more details in manga) made this episode so full of plotholes Also why that other lion was so quick to jump to let Louis leave mafia? They were so into idea of him being their boss, Louis too - we got to watch him develop there for like 10 episodes and then he just quit in one minute and everyone were happy for him to do that. Bromance between Legoshi and Louis was also a bit too much for me - they didnt get along before and suddenly they're like best friends. Maybe I just saw Louis getting irritated around Legoshi and other one just being awkward that I didnt expect them to end like that.

Somehow I didn't dislike it too much, but I can't disagree with any of these complaints. I feel like Beastars has enough depth to make these character swings make sense, but it didn't get conveyed here. I also want to add in, didn't Louis have a gun? It vanishes between him holding it up in defense and Ibuki getting shot, but it'd be pretty weird for him to abandon it knowing where he's going. Does not using it fall under the same logic as not just calling the police? The foot thing seemed desperate even with the eating the curse justification.

Pretty sure Legoshi wouldn't have agreed to use the gun though. He wanted to defeat him hand to hand.
Mar 25, 2021 11:03 PM

Jul 2015
This was such a beautiful anime and a perfect sequel of Beastars..
i am most likely gonna read manga from the start..
thanks to TTcchan for keeping us uptodate of all the things that manga skipped but guess its probably better to manga a try..
Loved the interactions of Legosi and Riz.. this wasn't yer avg protaganist/antaganist fight imo..
just two teenagers proving each other wrong with their instincts.. 2 goof balls who can't argue so they are now forced to use their fangs and claws and it was beautiful.. was worried that Legosi might die but this turn of events was a lot better..
Legosi trying to be less and less carnivore would've obviously fired back but Louis senpai is there to help! :)
Mar 25, 2021 11:40 PM
Sep 2019
I really loved this season but the only problem was the time given to the show. If they had just 1-2 more episodes that could've been used to build up the dynamic of ibuki and Louis the scene would've hit way harder like when reading the manga did. And if the ending sequence was given more time all the meanings and themes would've convoluted more smoothly. Basically from the start this show was cursed with the 12 episode season given the material it had to cover from the manga but otherwise orange actually did a pretty good job with pacing with what they were given. I still give this show a 10/10 because my only complaint is that it's missing the depth I know exists.
Mar 26, 2021 12:17 AM
Aug 2012
The second season got all that I could wish for from the setting. It seemed darker, while diving deeper into the gloomy side of a carnivore/herbivore society. So I was really excited about the tension increasingly building up in a pretty promising way for a solid ending. But the conclusion I saw instead left me trying to convince myself that it was actually worth all the character's blood, sweat and tears rather than just turning the poor bear in to the police at the very beginning {:
Totally agree with the remarks about the lack of emphasis and far-fetched logic in the last ep. Though I am in love with the main plot messages, ideologies and dilemmas. Can't even complain about Haru dwelling on the outskirts of the script this time,'cause the season was overall still very enjoyable.
Mar 26, 2021 12:19 AM

Mar 2021
Ah, so the ed actually served as one of the scenes in this final episode, poor Ibuki.

Mar 26, 2021 12:46 AM

Jun 2012
Cinematography was always impressive but this last episode was just a step above it all.

Mar 26, 2021 1:51 AM
Sep 2015
I could fap to buffed Legosi all day! I only allow Louis senpai to enjoy Legosi's body (because Thanks to Louis's leg, Legosi get buffed), but everybody else, including Haru, Jack, Juno, Pina, please stay away from my Legosi!!!
Mar 26, 2021 6:33 AM

Apr 2008
el3mel said:
Bio said:

Pretty sure Legoshi wouldn't have agreed to use the gun though. He wanted to defeat him hand to hand.

He also really, reeeeeally didn't want to eat herbivores. Breaking on that before breaking on his carnivore to carnivore fight needed more justification.
Mar 26, 2021 7:37 AM
Jul 2019
Bio said:
el3mel said:

He also really, reeeeeally didn't want to eat herbivores. Breaking on that before breaking on his carnivore to carnivore fight needed more justification.

Depends on what he sees fit for cheating. I think he wanted to defeat him hand to hand without using firepower.
Mar 26, 2021 7:49 AM
Mar 2020
Adampk said:
Though I liked first season more, This was also pretty great. they could have give a little bit more to the ending.

I don't think they're "pretty low". The first season was a huge success on Netflix last year, even people who don't usually watch animes have watched it because its animal aspect was more appealing to a wider Western audience (thanks to Disney) than other more Japanese-looking animes.
Once S2 comes out in July on Netflix for the rest of the world I can see it reaching the same level of success that S1 had or even surpassing it, and after that there could be a S3 announcement at some point in the future.

I know the manga ended last year (even though Paru was still making chapters of Beast Complex during S2's run, which is a spin off series) but if the show continues to be very successful even worldwide then I can't see them not wanting to make anything else for it ever again.
KetrodMar 26, 2021 7:53 AM
Mar 26, 2021 8:06 AM

Apr 2008
el3mel said:
Bio said:

Depends on what he sees fit for cheating. I think he wanted to defeat him hand to hand without using firepower.

I don't disagree. The objectively stupid fight was about proving his ideals and reforming Riz through them. Just getting rid of Riz would have involved the police immediately. But the situation we get to is Legosi is about to die and compromises himself to avoid it. Choosing to compromise by warping the ideal he's fighting for rather than giving up on it winning a physical fight is weird, and it's also weird that Louis would feel the same. There's the makings of the argument in Legosi's respect for the consumed insect life and Louis starting to like carnivores and joining themselves by eating Louis' curse, but it's a hard sell after the messages of the past two seasons and needed a longer treatment than this episode.
Mar 26, 2021 8:08 AM

Feb 2020
Ketrod said:
Adampk said:

I don't think they're "pretty low". The first season was a huge success on Netflix last year, even people who don't usually watch animes have watched it because its animal aspect was more appealing to a wider Western audience (thanks to Disney) than other more Japanese-looking animes.
Once S2 comes out in July on Netflix for the rest of the world I can see it reaching the same level of success that S1 had or even surpassing it, and after that there could be a S3 announcement at some point in the future.

I know the manga ended last year (even though Paru was still making chapters of Beast Complex during S2's run, which is a spin off series) but if the show continues to be very successful even worldwide then I can't see them not wanting to make anything else for it ever again.

Actually beastar season 1 ending was kind of aimed at having a season 2. So I suspect beastar was actually a 24 episode season with a pre-planned 2nd season as second cour. I have heard that the dvd sales were not good for season 1. At beastar season 2 ending nothing was announced as of yet, plus manga is already completed. They even removed future content titbits from this season to make it a good place to end. even orange studio is quite a small studio with lack of history of making multiple season So...
Anyways even I also hope there is a season 3
AdampkMar 26, 2021 8:13 AM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Mar 26, 2021 8:11 AM
Jul 2019
Bio said:
el3mel said:

I don't disagree. The objectively stupid fight was about proving his ideals and reforming Riz through them. Just getting rid of Riz would have involved the police immediately. But the situation we get to is Legosi is about to die and compromises himself to avoid it. Choosing to compromise by warping the ideal he's fighting for rather than giving up on it winning a physical fight is weird, and it's also weird that Louis would feel the same. There's the makings of the argument in Legosi's respect for the consumed insect life and Louis starting to like carnivores and joining themselves by eating Louis' curse, but it's a hard sell after the messages of the past two seasons and needed a longer treatment than this episode.

I think Legoshi approached this fight knowing very well he's going to die and he had no chance for winning from the start anyway, he just did it as an honor thing. When the leg was offered to him he found it a chance to cheat his way to victory and for the greater good, did the sacrifice. Still, do agree the fight was rushed and lacked, and this is pretty much my only complaint about this season.
Mar 26, 2021 9:08 AM

Dec 2015
Even as a anime only, I could feel there was something missing about this. It's still an amazing Season overall, but it's also inconsistent just like S1, hence why it still can't reach something higher than an 8/10.
Mar 26, 2021 9:29 AM

Jul 2014
2 seasons of buildup for that Tokyo Ghoul level of bullshit. *sigh*
Mar 26, 2021 11:32 AM
Jul 2019
Pretty nice a episode and season. I think season 3 not coming. Because final episode not give it another things us. If the third season had come, I would definitely watch it. We will see.
Mar 26, 2021 1:22 PM
Mar 2020
Adampk said:

Actually beastar season 1 ending was kind of aimed at having a season 2. So I suspect beastar was actually a 24 episode season with a pre-planned 2nd season as second cour. I have heard that the dvd sales were not good for season 1. At beastar season 2 ending nothing was announced as of yet, plus manga is already completed. They even removed future content titbits from this season to make it a good place to end. even orange studio is quite a small studio with lack of history of making multiple season So...
Anyways even I also hope there is a season 3

Even if it was pre-planned to have 2 seasons from the start it can still get more seasons in the future as long as its still profitable for the studio, so that doesn't matter much.
About the DVD sales, they were released when the COVID situation was hitting Japan and stores had to close down, so that obviously had an impact on its sales.

The tidbits they removed were mostly done to not hurt the pacing of the story, since those flashbacks came pretty much out of nowhere in the manga, and since their themes are mostly explored in the next arcs and not in this one it would make more sense to leave them for a possible future season. After all ever since episode 1 Orange has been rearranging, shortening and adding new scenes to make the story flow better on the anime medium and reach with the required times of a 12 episode season.

There were still many references to future events from the next arcs, which Orange wouldn't know about unless they've read far deep into the next arcs which wouldn't make sense for them to do if they really only wanted to adapt up to the events of this arc: you can see the name "Yahya" at the top right corner of the commercial cut-ins on each episode, episode 9 mentions a "guy stealing elephant tusks" a couple of times which is an anime-original dialogue and its a reference to the main antagonist of the next arc, and lastly in episode 11 there're 2 direct cameos on the train scene from characters from the next arcs.

Well Beastars is actually Orange's second big anime project, the first one being Houseki no Kuni, previous to that they only made small collaborations with other studios, so its not like they have a "big record" of not doing multiple seasons for their animes, as you can see Beastars has had more than a season and nothing says they can't do more content for it in the future.

S2's trailer got like 3+ million views in just a couple of months, while most other animes barely gets 1 million views after some months or even a year (unless we're talking about really big shows like Attack on Titan), so there's clearly a big demand for this anime even from people outside of the anime community. A survey from last year also revealed Beastars was like in the top 3 of the most popular animes on Netflix worldwide.
And about S2's performance on Japan, it has been entering the top 10 of Netflix Japan every week, its opening song has also been in the top 10 of the music charts for a couple of months now, and on Orange's Japanese Twitter account they've constantly been tweeting about merchandising from the show every week (clothes, perfumes, objects, stickers, phone screens, a restaurant collaboration, a zoo collaboration, a video game crossover collaboration, etc) so it seems it has been doing pretty well over there.

With all that in mind, I don't think the chances for a S3 are "pretty low" like you say, not extremely high either but certainly not low, the end is still left open with Legoshi saying he'll quit school because he has a criminal record and wants to explore the outside world, and there're some plot points that still didn't got any closure this season, like the school segregation thing, why is the show called "Beastars", what happened with most of the other cast, etc they could've made an anime original ending in case they really don't want to produce more content for it, but the ending was left open for a possible future continuation in case they want to do it at some point.
I think its a bit outdated to think just because a manga is finished it won't get any more anime content, nowadays things like merchandising, global reception and success in streaming also plays a big role, and like I said Beastars S1 was a huge success on Netflix worldwide and S2 will most likely repeat that success, so we'll just have to wait some months more after July and see if they announce something.
KetrodMar 26, 2021 1:38 PM
Mar 26, 2021 2:03 PM
Mar 2011
I have no idea what the writers of this episode were tripping on but it was so bad lol. Everything was out of the place, the fight was seriously lackluster. Legosi trains whole season, doesnt eat meat just to throw like 2 punches, then proceeds to eat fucking deer leg go supersayian and then doing some bullshit random talk in middle of the fight instead of actual fight...

This was a huge letdown ending to otherwise decent season.
Mar 26, 2021 2:46 PM
Apr 2020
Came here thinking a lot of people would be venting like I've been, but I'm surprised to see the praises this final episode is getting. Skip down to the part where Legosi eats Louis's leg! Like what the hell was that. Almost puked when I watched it. Legosi became Riz in that single act regardless of whether Louis allowed it or that he didn't eat all of him. Why did Louis not call the police? What was the point in yielding to Legosi's foolishness? Was a phone call more expensive than a leg? A working leg! And pls don't tell me the leg reminded me of his past, the problem is with the mind. Would you advice someone who was whipped and tortured to peel off the skin on his back? I was extremely disappointed with the last fight honestly. We see Legosi toil through almost all the episodes to fight and since the writers were too lazy to give Legosi a winning edge by outwitting Riz, they resulted to a strength vs strength final battle. And this strength Legosi used came from a final hack in the end. All that training from the beginning was useless. He should've just eaten the meat that Polar Bear dude offered from the beginning. Nonsense!
And what did we have in the end, the Police! The fvckin police no one called still ended up showing up arresting Legosi and Riz. Hollup Riz? Yes Riz, he didn't die, he ... Drum roll... Surrendered I suppose. So Louis lost a leg for apparently nothing in the end. So much disappointment from this finale. Nonsense
Mar 26, 2021 3:16 PM

Mar 2018
ed at the beginning huh? i can fw that

we knew pina was getting killed off screen like that i feel he's too important now, id like to see back and forth between him and louis lmao

am i the only one who thought this whole fight was all over the place?

legoshi was still getting flopped around like what the hulk did to loki

and could riz see those butterflies or am i or he seeing things

rip my man ibuki he was a good character i don't see why louis left the shishigumi is there a bigger meaning behind it? couldn't he have just gone to the fight with ibuki or something?

AND DID HE REALLY..I MEAN REALLY NEED TO EAT HIS FOOT? i mean he got that power up and literally said happy new year and hit him twice and riz just said he lost what?

i wonder if it will tell us how long riz is gonna be in for or if he'll be out by season 3 in some type of time skip, is legoshi going back to gouhin? or do something with louis? cant wait either way
Mar 26, 2021 3:21 PM
Mar 2020
FoxKingAzod said:
And what did we have in the end, the Police! The fvckin police no one called still ended up showing up arresting Legosi and Riz.

I merely want to point out that it was Pina who called the police, as he's seen calling someone on his phone after he escapes (I believe this was better stated in the manga).
Mar 26, 2021 3:43 PM

Jan 2012
And so we end with a very film noir sort of feeling, and a resolution of the conflict bewtween Riz, devourer of Tem, and Legosi, devourer of Louis....' leg. Indeed, after all his training it was the power of friendship via gluttony that won the day. Thinking back on it now this entire season felt like a film noir, Louis' character arc with the lion mafia in particular. It was in stark contrast to season 1's focus on Legosi's romance with Haru. Despite checking in every now and then Haru really felt like an afterthought this season. I'm honestly not sure which I enjoyed more atm. I feel like season 1 was more consistent, but the episodes I was really into this season were better. It's just that that wasn't all of them. More than a few I thought were just okay. But episodes like the big reveal of Riz as the murderer really engrossed me, to the point that when the ending credits started rolling I couldn't believe we were done already. You know you're doing something right whenever an episode has that effect on you, regarding any series in general. I will say, as an admittedly minor point, the first season's opening theme and animation were far superior to the one from this season, though I did end up enjoying this one more in general the more I heard it. What else? Well, this probably remains the best 3dcg animated anime I've ever seen, an art style I'm usually not fond of if I'm being honest. And uhhh yeah, good stuff. I'll look forward to more if we ever get it. Slightly generous 8/10.
Mar 26, 2021 4:15 PM

Aug 2015
I was like "no way the ED is at the start" and then it happened, he died. So it was very fitting.

Amazing season and I think I liked it more than season one, looking forward to more!
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

102 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:23 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2021

63 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:44 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2021

137 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.