Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 23, 2021 2:57 AM

Dec 2017
I see JoJo everywhere, so I wanted to watch it, but it is too long for me. Is the series worth a shot? If yes, then why?
Feb 23, 2021 2:59 AM

Nov 2018
"It's too long" is a stupid complain, because once you do watch it and you do fall in love with it (potentially), then you'll complain about there not being enough episodes. Same with One Piece when I caught up to it.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Feb 23, 2021 3:00 AM

Jan 2019
for the memes
for the epic journey
new artstyle = new journey
to see how anime evolved (the manga started at the late 80s, and it's still continuing, you can see how the author learn and "evolve")
to see why is it so impactful in the anime industry
cool fight scenes
to see how overpowered the characters are in the shows

etc.
Feb 23, 2021 3:04 AM

Jun 2016
Yes. It's got dudes with super powers, cool music and it's batshit crazy.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Feb 23, 2021 3:06 AM
Apr 2013
For the destruction of your braincells? To support your local bleach industry? Quite honestly, the only reason people watch Jojo after the first two arcs are the memes.
Feb 23, 2021 3:12 AM

Feb 2021
It's a gem among anime and manga, truly. And unique too.
It may be long but trust me, you'll be glad it is the second you are hooked. It took me 2 weeks to read it all and I kind of regret it, because the journey for me was so short. Definitely take your time with it.

Some great stuff:

- Music refs.
- Amazing characters.
- Unique artstyle. The colored manga is even better!
- Animation (I've only seen pt.5 and some eps of pt.4) is great too.
- Soundtracks!!
- Memes.
- Legit funny sometimes.
- Setting is not only Japan but the US, Italy etc. Lots of diversity!
- and much more!

You should definitely watch/read it. And if you decide to watch it, read the manga after pt 5.

⸢ if you meet your god,
tell him to leave me alone. ⸥

ベルセルク
Feb 23, 2021 3:16 AM

Jul 2017
Jojo's is constantly amazing in terms of presentation and comedy. It's one of the most memed series in existence, and is almost guaranteed to make you laugh. It's over the top nature fits well with a certain kind of audience which only enhances the experience if you're part of that crowd. It has a constantly changing cast and place of story which serves as a breath of fresh air from season to season and not to mention the constant, ever imaginative villains that keep appearing. Apart from the cast and place, the artstyle changes too, with a creative use of color. I personally think that Diamond is Unbreakable has some really cool artistic flair to it. Honestly I have the same problem with length when it comes to some series. But one thing I can almost guarantee, if you even remotely start loving this series ( which I'd recommend giving time for Battle Tendency, which starts somewhere midway into the first season of the show ) the episodes will pass so fast and you're gonna start begging for a part 6 adaptation. But on the other hand if you don't enjoy the series I honestly don't know if I can recommend that you push yourself, I think that jojo's just gets better as it goes on, but to each their own.
Hopefully this offered some sort of help, Arrivederci.
Cerber_Feb 23, 2021 1:30 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2021 3:18 AM

Feb 2021
This series have lot of plot holes but still this series is fun af but most of people watch this series for it's meme and then fall in love with this anime. It has my 2nd most favorite power systems in anime and fight scene super good. They are also few good character's like Jotaro Kujo , Joseph Joestar ( Part2), Dio Brando and yoshikage kira ( undoubtedly one of the greatest antagonist). It's also lot different from other anime. Each part have different protagonist which is the thing I like about jojo the most.
Bungee Gum possesses the properties of both rubber and gum.
Feb 23, 2021 3:18 AM

Feb 2021
Play2X said:
For the destruction of your braincells? To support your local bleach industry? Quite honestly, the only reason people watch Jojo after the first two arcs are the memes.

A bit much coming from someone who seems to have skipped part 1-3 and who has only watched part 4 and 5.
There may be people who do it for the memes, but the majority are legit here to enjoy the actually good story. Maybe you should read the manga and make up your mind after you have finish the gem that is part 7.
This is just hate.

⸢ if you meet your god,

ベルセルク
Feb 23, 2021 3:19 AM

Mar 2020
Just watch it for Jojo memes and references like I did, and youll understand what its great about
Feb 23, 2021 3:35 AM
Apr 2013
Trvshy said:
Play2X said:

A bit much coming from someone who seems to have skipped part 1-3 and who has only watched part 4 and 5.
There may be people who do it for the memes, but the majority are legit here to enjoy the actually good story. Maybe you should read the manga and make up your mind after you have finish the gem that is part 7.
This is just hate.

Don't know what you're looking at, but I've seen all of the modern TV series, from Jonathan to Giorno. The Matter of fact is that neither Stardust Crusaders (except the final fight), Diamond is unbreakable nor Golden Wind was really that good. I mean, Golden Wind was at least watchable again, but heck, Diamond is unbreakable should be considered a warcrime. And no. I have no intention of reading Jojo. I will probably get pulled along by my friends when that shitheap airs one day, but it will be probably just as uninspiring and boring as the last parts. Especially from what I heard, spoilerwise.
Feb 23, 2021 3:39 AM
Apr 2017
To liberate your hidden homoerotic tendencies. At least that's the only appreciable thing I've been able to spot in all jojo fans so far. Yeah there's the meymeys and all that stuff too but that's not so relevant.
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Feb 23, 2021 3:41 AM

Feb 2021
Play2X said:
Don't know what you're looking at, but I've seen all of the modern TV series, from Jonathan to Giorno. The Matter of fact is that neither Stardust Crusaders (except the final fight), Diamond is unbreakable nor Golden Wind was really that good. I mean, Golden Wind was at least watchable again, but heck, Diamond is unbreakable should be considered a warcrime. And no. I have no intention of reading Jojo. I will probably get pulled along by my friends when that shitheap airs one day, but it will be probably just as uninspiring and boring as the last parts. Especially from what I heard, spoilerwise.

My bad I looked at something else. But it's not as bad as you make it out to be. Yes, Part 1 and 2 were a bit weak, but part 3 onwards was a treat. This may be ofc your opinion but you can't call the not yet animated parts shit when you haven't even read them yet. They are really good, you are missing out. But fair enough.

⸢ if you meet your god,

ベルセルク
Feb 23, 2021 3:42 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
This is probably an unpopular opinion but Yugioh is also long af. Like Jojo's it is an old anime with a convoluted elements

I didn't like Yugioh's Part 4 that much but I binged through their Part 5 and 6 and still need more

and Yugioh also has some Jojo's references

But as a short summary regarding shit I wanna share about Jojo's itself,

here's a video:

┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Feb 23, 2021 3:47 AM
Apr 2013
Trvshy said:
Play2X said:

My bad I looked at something else. But it's not as bad as you make it out to be. Yes, Part 1 and 2 were a bit weak, but part 3 onwards was a treat. This may be ofc your opinion but you can't call the not yet animated parts shit when you haven't even read them yet. They are really good, you are missing out. But fair enough.

In my opinion its just the other way around. Parts 1 and 2 are the enjoyable ones. The introduction of stands, Jotarou and the episodic element of Stardust is what really made the show drop the way it did. Heck, Jotarou in particular is so suffocating, that even in the other parts he still is more mainchar than the actual mainchars.
And yes, of course I can predict them to be shit. That's why its an prediction.
Feb 23, 2021 3:51 AM

Aug 2019
honestly the length isn’t that bad once you start watching it because unlike other long running series it’s split between 5 protagonists in different settings so it doesn’t really bore you like a regular show with 100+ episodes would, but regardless it doesn’t hurt to try watching it to see if it’s your cup of tea
Feb 23, 2021 3:53 AM

Feb 2021
Play2X said:
Trvshy said:

In my opinion its just the other way around. Parts 1 and 2 are the enjoyable ones. The introduction of stands, Jotarou and the episodic element of Stardust is what really made the show drop the way it did. Heck, Jotarou in particular is so suffocating, that even in the other parts he still is more mainchar than the actual mainchars.
And yes, of course I can predict them to be shit. That's why its an prediction.

Fair enough. It's your opinion, I give you that. Critically it's not as bad as you say but alr.

⸢ if you meet your god,

ベルセルク
Feb 23, 2021 3:56 AM

May 2018
You've watched Hunter and Hunter. It has some similarities with Jojo.
For example, power system. Stands look like some variant of nen. (For example, Neferpitou's Dr. Blythe looks straight like a stand from Jojo)
It is very colorful: a big diversity of abilities and characters' appearance.
Battles are not always bland fist swinging. Brainstorming and outsmarting the enemy happens, too.
But keep in mind that Jojo is not your typical shounen, it's gar. It has some major differences from shounen and also has its own distinctive for such genre features like constant plotholes and asspulls which you have to ignore to fully enjoy the show.
Superficial shounen fanboys hate Jojo and other gar shows because it is almost impossible to self-insert and there is very few fanservice.
Nemo_NiemandFeb 23, 2021 4:03 AM

Feb 23, 2021 4:08 AM

May 2018
"Why should I watch JoJo?"

To actually know how unfunny are all those JoJo memes in context.

For example screaming "Muda-muda-muda..." is like doing the Naruto run.
Feb 23, 2021 4:22 AM

Jan 2021
To be honest I only watched Jojo to understand all the references people kept bringing up in literally every fucking anime. some parts are great, some are incredibly mediocre. Apparently SBR is god-tier though so I'll read that some day.
"不幸だ!" - Kamijou Touma
Check out my anime list by clicking here (it's public now).

Feb 23, 2021 5:07 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Coz there are something which make u feeling up on stuff like dis

Feb 23, 2021 5:13 AM

Oct 2019
The anime has a very colorful, consistently high quality artstyle, and I'd say it's unimously agreed by fans to have done justice to the manga. If you like music, especially rock, I would recommend it, because it's fun to catch the references which are everywhere. Hirohiko Araki has an really cool, unorthodox storytelling style, so I'd say you'd know whether you'd like it from the first few episodes.
Feb 23, 2021 5:25 AM

Feb 2018
The JoJo series is great and only gets better the more you watch. Theres 5 seasons broken up into parts with different main characters and casts. A fun and whacky watch, with a lot of unique abilities and battles where most of the time the result is decided by who outsmarts the other. Honestly give it a shot!

Feb 23, 2021 5:30 AM
Aug 2020
It has probably the smartest fights in shounen if not the best, also some interesting themes and very likeable characters. Plus the overall style of the art is really something you won't find anywhere else. On top of that it has probably the best shounen adaptation besides Hunter x hunter with great animation in the later parts and one of the best soundtracks ever.
Feb 23, 2021 9:41 AM
Feb 2021
Do not watch it, it's really bad written, the characters are poorly written as well, the drawing style is extremely bad and a lot of dogs are injured during the part 3.
AND IT'S NOT CHRISTIAN AT ALL!
Feb 23, 2021 11:01 AM

Sep 2008
I got into jojo for the violence and fashion posing.
the characters are fun and the backwards logic they use while fighting is interesting.
that's all the draw if you ask me. unless you're a memelord.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Feb 23, 2021 11:09 AM

Jan 2008
You can binge it in parts.
It's got bishi boys and muscle men
Just the characters in general
Some of the best fights you'll find in any anime
Top tier OP and ED music.
Instantly iconic character music.
The Art Style
Great voice acting
Hype moments that get you excited and sad moments that will make you cry.
Educational (You'll learn rock bands and how to say certain food in Italian.)
Rewatchability. (You can spend ages looking for all the little hints in some of the OP
UberBatFeb 23, 2021 11:14 AM
Feb 23, 2021 11:18 AM
Sep 2011
it,s gay or trans anime?
looks like it.
i heard a lot that it's good but cant watch it because crazy character design. they look like dragqueens.
Feb 23, 2021 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Vairloff said:
it,s gay or trans anime?
looks like it.
i heard a lot that it's good but cant watch it because crazy character design. they look like dragqueens.

Lol try to ignore it, it's actually a great series which is story driven from generation to new gen each season. The art style is a little different in diamond is unbreakable.
Feb 23, 2021 11:21 AM

May 2013
It's an experience. I know what I'm about to say is highly subjective, for me JoJo managed to inspire that child-like excitement where everything is new and hype and fascinating. I personally love how the deeper in you get, the more emphasis is put on the "bizarre" part of the title, where you watch it and go "well this may as well happen now", but in a totally positive way, with a grin on your face. And then before you know it you get emotionally invested and get crushed when the emotional scenes hit... It's really hard to put into words how much I love the series and even harder to describe why, but trust me, it's really good. Maybe a bit slow in the beginning, but once it starts rolling, it keeps on rolling like a snowball down a steep hill. High rec, v fun.
Feb 23, 2021 11:29 AM

Jan 2008
Vairloff said:
it,s gay or trans anime?
looks like it.

As you go further into the parts there is a tonal shifts in the character designs but if men being awesome fighters and posing like models isn't your thing then stick to just the first Three parts.
Feb 23, 2021 8:49 PM

Jan 2020
There aren't any anime out there like Jojo. It's a one in a life time experience.

One of the most creative and unique ones out there

Feb 24, 2021 12:12 AM

Jun 2017
To boost your self-esteem, whenever you start feeling that your taste is shit.

Feb 24, 2021 1:11 AM

Aug 2018
Ah yes Jojo, you should give it a shot, it won't be that long and will worth your time.
I came for the memes but I stayed for the real adventures.
Feb 24, 2021 3:45 AM

Feb 2021
you should watch it if you want to, not because others tell you to. if you want my opnion on the series, i wasn't really into it at first, but starting with part 2(battle tendency), i absolutely loved it. part 3 and part 4 is where it got really good and part 5 i liked a little less but the characters made up for it.
Protesters, assemble!!
Feb 24, 2021 4:08 AM
Jul 2018
Who doesn't like watching overly masculine dudes (who are apparently like 6 years old) beat the sh*t out of each other?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 26 minutes ago

1 by Ejrodiew »»
2 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 34 minutes ago

5 by Kenzolo-folk »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

77 by logopolis »»
6 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - 3 hours ago

13 by Kenzolo-folk »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 11 hours ago

41 by Absurdo_N »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.