Forum Settings
Forums

Does jujutsu kaisen have a chance against demon slayer?

New
Feb 19, 2021 8:03 AM

Nov 2020
Jujutsu kaisen is making it big rn but I still have doubts it will surpass demon slayer. I probably wouldn't call demon slayer overrated if there wasn't so many people acting like it was the second coming of Jesus Christ. It is an 8/10 first season but holy shit people can't get enough of it. I think jujutsu kaisen is kinda overrated, can't say for sure yet though. I gotta wait for the show to end to see that...
Friendship is kinda overrated lmao
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 19, 2021 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
Surpass in term of what?? if in terms of rating I believe Jujutsu Kaisen has a pretty good chance, but popularity will be as hype as Demon Slayer i doubt, except if eps 19 of Jujutsu Kaisen can be as good as Demon slayer XD
Feb 19, 2021 8:54 AM
Jan 2021
In terms of hype, demon slayer beats jujutsu kaisen 100%
Feb 19, 2021 8:57 AM

Jul 2020
In terms of story and animation it already surpassed.Mappa used complete 2d for Jujutsu while still making it look as beautiful as Demon slayer.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 19, 2021 9:02 AM

Jan 2021
Snackgamers557 said:
Surpass in term of what?? if in terms of rating I believe Jujutsu Kaisen has a pretty good chance, but popularity will be as hype as Demon Slayer i doubt, except if eps 19 of Jujutsu Kaisen can be as good as Demon slayer XD

Really? I wouldn't say so considering demon slayer had a pretty good pacing and proper sequencing compared to JJK. Demon slayer set the standards for animation too.

JJK has its perks no doubt and animation wise it's up to the mark and the recent episodes had really good animation but I don't see the story progressing much and there so little expansion in plot. We are 18 episodes in and not much is revealed about Sukuna. We are yet to discover the main story. Plus it kinda sorta feels similar to Naruto. (Try to draw parallels please)
Feb 19, 2021 9:18 AM

Jan 2021
Scordolo said:
In terms of story and animation it already surpassed.Mappa used complete 2d for Jujutsu while still making it look as beautiful as Demon slayer.

I wouldn't say surpassed, maybe equal. Look at the eyes.

JJK is at its top animation phase rn. We are about to see the beauty of its animation. The tournament arc really personified its standards. The Maki fight was especially outstanding. Demon slayer has many such moments.

Story wise JJK can't even be compared to Demon Slayer. Demon Slayer managed to establish the main plot as well as dive into the crux of the story while JJK is still on the outskirts of the main story (tbn: we are 18 episodes in already). Although the plot has been somewhat established, they are nowhere to were they started. We are yet getting introduced to new characters and their abilities so I wouldn't say JJK has an upper hand story wise.

Both are great anime and 10/10 entertainment wise.
Feb 19, 2021 9:22 AM
Jul 2018
Zettaheisinium said:
Scordolo said:

JJK is at its top animation phase rn. We are about to see the beauty of its animation. The tournament arc really personified its standards. The Maki fight was especially outstanding. Demon slayer has many such moments.

Story wise JJK can't even be compared to Demon Slayer. Demon Slayer managed to establish the main plot as well as dive into the crux of the story while JJK is still on the outskirts of the main story (tbn: we are 18 episodes in already). Although the plot has been somewhat established, they are nowhere to were they started. We are yet getting introduced to new characters and their abilities so I wouldn't say JJK has an upper hand story wise.

both are extremely entertaining but i would say JJK has far surpassed Kimetsu where the manga is at now. the reason for the overall slower pace is because JJK is a far longer running shounen. It is going to be at least 350-400 chapters in length compared to Kimetsu's barely 200+ chapters
Feb 19, 2021 9:30 AM

Jul 2020
for hype no but for story plot animation overall enjoyment ? It surpassed that episode 1

demon slayer overrated af <--
animegirl2533Feb 19, 2021 9:38 AM

Feb 19, 2021 9:33 AM

Jan 2021
Xsaderr said:
Zettaheisinium said:

both are extremely entertaining but i would say JJK has far surpassed Kimetsu where the manga is at now. the reason for the overall slower pace is because JJK is a far longer running shounen. It is going to be at least 350-400 chapters in length compared to Kimetsu's barely 200+ chapters

Alright. Is that supposed to mean JJK is better story wise? However amount of chapters you are in doesn't mean you drift away from the main story. At least give us some info or a tease about it? I really don't wanna criticize JJK but somethings are just staring at your face that it is impossible to avoid them.
Feb 19, 2021 9:37 AM
Sep 2020
In terms of history Jujutsu has already surpassed it. Demon Slayer is very overrated. Jujutsu is good, not the best, but it is good. Demon Slayer is an overrated average shonen for its animation and anime chapter 19.
Feb 19, 2021 9:38 AM

Jan 2009
wait for the second season of Jujutsu Kaisen anime and we will see since the 2 arcs that will be animated on the anime sequel will be what made Jujutsu Kaisen so popular among manga readers
Feb 19, 2021 9:38 AM

Apr 2016
Imo jujutsu kaisen is already better. But definitely not in terms of hype, demon slayer wins that batter. As a better anime though, jujutsu kaisen is better.
Feb 19, 2021 9:42 AM

Aug 2020
Demon Slayer for sure... was overrated. Jujutsu Kaisen won't live up to Demon Slayers level of hype like others said but definitely has potential to be better (only seen up to ep 13).
Feb 19, 2021 9:44 AM
Mar 2017
PsychoJDM said:
Jujutsu kaisen is making it big rn but I still have doubts it will surpass demon slayer. I probably wouldn't call demon slayer overrated if there wasn't so many people acting like it was the second coming of Jesus Christ. It is an 8/10 first season but holy shit people can't get enough of it. I think jujutsu kaisen is kinda overrated, can't say for sure yet though. I gotta wait for the show to end to see that...

it's treated like it was the second coming of jesus christ because of the manga, the sales of demon slayer straight out being more than the whole top 10 manga sales of 2020 is no laughing matter.

just based around that, and from what i've seen from jujutsu kaisen manga, it tried very hard but will NOT surpass demon slayer manga at any point.

in terms of anime, the current jujutsu kaisen anime content we have does beat the current demon slayer anime content imo (not counting the movie), but when they're both up to the current manga point it won't even be a challenge for demon slayer to beat it.
Jan 2021
I think yes, to me the first season of Jujutsu kaisen is going better than kimetsu no yaiba, I don't no about the manga of Jujutsu but the first season is going better

//Sorry for my bad Inglish
Jul 2018
Zettaheisinium said:
Xsaderr said:

Alright. Is that supposed to mean JJK is better story wise? However amount of chapters you are in doesn't mean you drift away from the main story. At least give us some info or a tease about it? I really don't wanna criticize JJK but somethings are just staring at your face that it is impossible to avoid them.
at least one of the main themes are already teased though? (traditionalism vs modernism in the Jujutsu society)
Feb 19, 2021 9:45 AM

Jan 2018
It really only has a chance of passing it in MAL score, most other things are purely subjective other than hype, which we'll more than likely never see a series blow up as hard as DS.
What a beautiful Duwang
Feb 19, 2021 9:47 AM

Dec 2020
This kind of replies is what making me hate JJK
This is basically the same situation back when KnY was being compared to MHA and everyone is being toxic.

JJK fanboys literally becoming the second coming of MHA toxicness if this continues.

Imagine comparing series while being completely unbias to the other series you're comparing to.

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Feb 19, 2021 9:47 AM

May 2019
Jujutsu Kaisen is easily better but beating Demon Slayer at what?Story-easy yes,characters-easy yes,hype - easy yes,popularity - umm no and animation- both are good but c'mon its ufotable.Personally I would choose JJK any day over DS but beating DS in terms of money and popularity is very difficult
Feb 19, 2021 9:50 AM

Jan 2021
Xsaderr said:
Zettaheisinium said:

at least one of the main themes are already teased though? (traditionalism vs modernism in the Jujutsu society)

I guess. JJKs plot is expanding and I'm sure we'll get to the crux of the story soon enough. This doesn't imply that it's bad obviously. I'm enjoying this arc pretty much. Just that every anime has its flaws and this is a notable one that's all. It nowhere hinders with the enjoyment of the anime.
Feb 19, 2021 9:51 AM

Nov 2020
ren0080 said:
This is basically the same situation back when KnY was being compared to MHA and everyone is being toxic.

JJK fanboys literally becoming the second coming of MHA toxicness if this continues.

Imagine comparing series while being completely unbias to the other series you're comparing to.
Wha...Legit no one is being toxic, they are just trying to answer back at my post. And why would you hate a show because of other people instead of the quality of the show?
Feb 19, 2021 9:54 AM

Oct 2018
Right now, no. But if it does, it will be after Demon Slayer has ended.

Feb 19, 2021 10:04 AM

Dec 2020
PsychoJDM said:
ren0080 said:

Wha...Legit no one is being toxic, they are just trying to answer back at my post. And why would you hate a show because of other people instead of the quality of the show?

welp, being toxic is an overstatement, but still, belittling another series just to promote the other is a sign of becoming toxic.

Also, there are series where you can't just look at it with same eyes before. Most people btw, not all. Like, Rurouni Kenshin's author being a pedophile, or ACT-Age manga writer getting jailed, etch. These series will either make me sad for the series (ACT Age) or making me ask "why do this?" (Rurouni).

I wasted all my time in rewatching to the point of my rewatch total is higher than my overall anime total lmao
Feb 19, 2021 10:07 AM

Oct 2020
I’ve never watched/read , It’s selling pretty well and I have heard good things about the anime , But it’s doubtful whether it will reach Demon Slayer in popularity. It’s not that people treat it as the 2nd coming of Christ , But it’s an enjoyable , simple story that can appeal a lot of people and it’s the closest shounen of the new gen to the Big 3 in terms of manga sales
Feb 19, 2021 10:07 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Scordolo said:

Using CGI is not necessarily a negative point for an anime, if anything its effective production in the case of demon slayer since it adds a lot of environmental detail without actually being very noticeable.
Feb 19, 2021 10:10 AM

Nov 2020
ren0080 said:
PsychoJDM said:

welp, being toxic is an overstatement, but still, belittling another series just to promote the other is a sign of becoming toxic.

Also, there are series where you can't just look at it with same eyes before. Most people btw, not all. Like, Rurouni Kenshin's author being a pedophile, or ACT-Age manga writer getting jailed, etch. These series will either make me sad for the series (ACT Age) or making me ask "why do this?" (Rurouni).
So just because someone perfers a series over another means your becoming toxic? I do not get this at all, so just saying one series is better than the other is being toxic? It is like saying just because I say one series is better than the other, I must be promoting it. We are literally just expressing our opinions and predictions...
Feb 19, 2021 10:11 AM

Jul 2020
ACasualViewer said:
Scordolo said:

Using CGI is not necessarily a negative point for an anime, if anything its effective production in the case of demon slayer since it adds a lot of environmental detail without actually being very noticeable.
My comment was never meant as a hate to cgi.I meant that 2d animation requires a lot of time but they still were able to pull it off.
@ren0080
You seem to be taken the meaning of toxic completely wrong lol.If we were toxic here the opinions would've come out like
JJK is a masterpiece Demon slayer is trash something like that.We are epressing our preference over one anime without hurting any fandoms.
ScordoloFeb 19, 2021 10:17 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Feb 19, 2021 10:13 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Scordolo said:
ACasualViewer said:

My comment was never meant as a hate to cgi.I meant that 2d animation requires a lot of time but they still were able to pull it off.

Yeah but point here is, why does that make JJK's animation better than demon slayers? They achieved roughly the same stylistic qualities and fluid animation, does it matter one of them used CGI partially to achieve it? The end result is the same.
Feb 19, 2021 10:16 AM

Nov 2020
Scordolo said:
ACasualViewer said:

I do agree it takes more effort but that doesn't make the animation better than jujutsu kaisen.
Feb 19, 2021 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
JJK did cause a big controversy, I did like it at first but now I have mixed feelings about it. I don't really get the humor anymore, it is getting annoying for me. I am sure some can agree.
Demon slayer was weak in terms of plot and had many average shonen troups but I did enjoy it so I do prefer it over JJk.
Overall Jujutsu kaisen does stand a chance against demon slayer but it will take time to reach the heights of popularity that KNY did.
Feb 19, 2021 10:17 AM

Dec 2020
PsychoJDM said:
ren0080 said:

So just because someone perfers a series over another means your becoming toxic? I do not get this at all, so just saying one series is better than the other is being toxic? It is like saying just because I say one series is better than the other, I must be promoting it. We are literally just expressing our opinions and predictions...

That's not what I said.
I literally said that "belittling" is what toxic.

There are better ways to say that you prefer the series to the other.
Like, "Brand X is better than Brand Y."
"Both are good but Brand X is just on another level."
"There are some moments in Brand Y that I didn't find as good, so Brand X is better for me."
"Brand X is better than Brand Y but there are some aspects in Brand Y that are better for me."
etch.

Instead, we have all these people saying that the other one is "overrated" like they get paid everytime they said it. I just don't get it, bandwagoning on something to be "the cool guy".

Feb 19, 2021 10:20 AM

Aug 2015
Popularity? No, JJK is the biggest shonen in japan next to One Piece.
Sales? No, Kimetsu sells even more than OP.
Ratings? No, Kimetsu is pretty noob-friendly and people love seeing hype.
Production? No, Kimetsu have amazing budget for everything.

So, unless you are talking about a very specific aspect, Kimetsu beats any shonen in terms of profit.
Feb 19, 2021 10:21 AM

Dec 2020
Scordolo said:

@ren0080
You seem to be taken the meaning of toxic completely wrong lol.If we were toxic here the opinions would've come out like
JJK is a masterpiece Demon slayer is trash something like that.We are epressing our preference over one anime without hurting any fandoms.

Yeah, by intentionally using a word that is overused by haters of the fandom huh
Well, I get it, all mal users are scumbags, but I thought they would be better at expressing their words.

Feb 19, 2021 10:22 AM

Dec 2020
Neither of the two programs are particular or bring something new to the industry, although I don't see it as a bad thing. I think Demon Slayer has a better chance of beating Jujutsu Kaisen, just because Demon Slayer has a better production and a less risky story.

It's funny that people say that the best of Jujutsu Kaisen were the first chapters, when it seems the opposite to me. From chapter 10 they began to add more substance.
Feb 19, 2021 10:22 AM

Nov 2020
ren0080 said:
PsychoJDM said:

That's not what I said.

"There are some moments in Brand Y that I didn't find as good, so Brand X is better for me."
"Brand X is better than Brand Y but there are some aspects in Brand Y that are better for me."
etch.

Instead, we have all these people saying that the other one is "overrated" like they get paid everytime they said it. I just don't get it, bandwagoning on something to be "the cool guy".
Dude, those are literally just opinions. If there is no harassment in the discussions, I do not get the problem with calling another series overrated. There is literally no toxicity in saying that, it is just criticism...
Feb 19, 2021 10:28 AM
Jul 2016
JJk story is much better than DS and once S2 comes and adapt the upcoming arcs it will explode even more.

Demon Slayer is fine for what it is, but the story is just extremely basic and straightforward, is just about killing Muzan but first you have to kill his 12 elite demons. Is fighting Demon after demon with barely anything else in between to enrich the story/world. The story is simply just Boss>>Boss>>Boss>>Boss>>Boss>>Final Boss and thats it, from the very beggining, to the end of the manga.

Meanwhile JJK offer a little more complex story, it goes beyond just collecting the 20 fingers of Sukuna, there is other factions that causes problems, a lot of comspirations, the issues of the Jujutsu world, traditionalists vs progresism, and the world just will keep expanding itself.
Feb 19, 2021 10:28 AM

Dec 2020
PsychoJDM said:
ren0080 said:

That's not what I said.

etch.

Dude, those are literally just opinions. If there is no harassment in the discussions, I do not get the problem with calling another series overrated. There is literally no toxicity in saying that, it is just criticism...

And I consider my opinion pretty civil and friendly rather than blind bandwagon hate and criticism. Cause criticisms are opinions too if they aren't done by professionals.

Feb 19, 2021 10:32 AM

Nov 2020
ren0080 said:
PsychoJDM said:

And I consider my opinion pretty civil and friendly rather than blind bandwagon hate and criticism. Cause criticisms are opinions too if they aren't done by professionals.
Blind hate? Most people here is giving a reason why they prefer one over the other. That is the literal opposite of blind hate.
Feb 19, 2021 10:33 AM
Feb 19, 2021 10:40 AM

Dec 2020
PsychoJDM said:
ren0080 said:

Blind hate? Most people here is giving a reason why they prefer one over the other. That is the literal opposite of blind hate.

Are you done nitpicking now?
And you literally said "most", so the discussion is done now. There are people giving their reasons, and people just giving blind bandwagon hate. Just move on.

Feb 19, 2021 10:43 AM

Nov 2020
ren0080 said:
PsychoJDM said:

And you literally said "most", so the discussion is done now. There are people giving their reasons, and people just giving blind bandwagon hate. Just move on.
How was I nitpickin...Whatever, anyway what time you want me to come to your crib? I wanna have sex tonight lmao
Feb 19, 2021 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
Jujutsu Kaisen episode 19 came with movie quality.

But yeah, Demon Slayer is apparently way too popular in Japan, no chance. Internationally is a different matter, tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 19, 2021 10:45 AM

Dec 2020
PsychoJDM said:
ren0080 said:

How was I nitpickin...Whatever, anyway what time you want me to come to your crib? I wanna have sex tonight lmao

Sorry, I'm booked for today. Please line to the backline if you want, I can open my schedule next week lmao

Feb 19, 2021 10:48 AM

Nov 2020
ren0080 said:
PsychoJDM said:

Sorry, I'm booked for today. Please line to the backline if you want, I can open my schedule next week lmao
Ok thanks babe, see you next week honey.
Feb 19, 2021 10:50 AM

Dec 2020
PsychoJDM said:
ren0080 said:

Ok thanks babe, see you next week honey.

Okay horny, I will wait for ya next week lmao

Feb 19, 2021 10:50 AM
Sep 2020
demon slayer is garbage, its not hard to have a chance against that
Attack on titan final arc makes game of throne season 8 look like a MASTERPIECE.

isayama is fucking incompetent clown
Feb 19, 2021 10:52 AM

Feb 2017
Who needs real arguments if you can call overrated what you don't like?
The truly intelligent person is one who can pretend to be a fool in front of a fool who pretends to be intelligent.
Feb 19, 2021 10:59 AM

Jan 2020
Zettaheisinium said:
Snackgamers557 said:

Really? I wouldn't say so considering demon slayer had a pretty good pacing and proper sequencing compared to JJK. Demon slayer set the standards for animation too.

JJK has its perks no doubt and animation wise it's up to the mark and the recent episodes had really good animation but I don't see the story progressing much and there so little expansion in plot. We are 18 episodes in and not much is revealed about Sukuna. We are yet to discover the main story. Plus it kinda sorta feels similar to Naruto. (Try to draw parallels please)

I would say that's what makes Sukuna such a good character. Only a few bits and pieces of his identity have been revealed, and his past is kept almost entirely mysterious, but it made him even more appealing to me. It's obvious that he will play a way bigger role in the later and the semi-later parts of the story, so season 2 is where they'll probably properly delve into Sukuna. We just have to wait. JJK has yet to reach its true potential.
Feb 19, 2021 11:04 AM

Jan 2018
i think people really overrestimate karate magicians popularity . im not hearing that much hype arround it
Feb 19, 2021 7:14 PM
Jan 2021
From an objective stand point JJK is hitting the marks as it sells 5mil + copies of manga, it is one of the most watched shows on different streaming sites and in general is well received.

It will likely not match the cultural phenomenon Kny became in Japan but it is sure to reach the same or even greater commercial succes, especially in the West as seen by this chat.

Personally I prefer Kny but I understand the appeal of JKK and it is no overstatement to say that it will be THE shonen series for the years to come.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 35 minutes ago

4 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - 43 minutes ago

6 by EastIndiaCompany »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

78 by traed »»
8 minutes ago

» Did you know that anime is amazing?

KryzakamiHrybami - 4 hours ago

13 by Kenzolo-folk »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 11 hours ago

41 by Absurdo_N »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.