Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

I am now watching bleach and in episode 37 and i like it but the power scaling in this show is really bad?

New
Feb 13, 2021 5:16 PM
Jan 2016
ichigo barely was able to beat renji but chad one shots a lieutenant, not only that they were hyping up lieutenants so much, i mean how does that make any sense the power scaling is ass. [no spoilers]
Feb 13, 2021 6:00 PM
Jan 2021
Yeah the power scaling definitely sucks, but that's pretty normal if you've seen many shounen. They have to barely beat someone weak only to somehow have enough strength to beat someone 10x stronger
Feb 13, 2021 6:02 PM
Jan 2021
RilestX said:
ichigo barely was able to beat renji but chad one shots a lieutenant, not only that they were hyping up lieutenants so much, i mean how does that make any sense the power scaling is ass. [no spoilers]

It gets worse lol. This series always had it where people get random power ups and are now suddenly strong enough to beat whatever they are fighting. One thing you have to accept is that the characters in the show are as strongor as weak as the writer wants them to be. Once you swallow that pill and accept that its going to be near impossible to use previous history to justify a characters strength its easier to accept the characters feats
Feb 13, 2021 6:22 PM
Jan 2016
psycoballa31 said:
RilestX said:

It gets worse lol. This series always had it where people get random power ups and are now suddenly strong enough to beat whatever they are fighting. One thing you have to accept is that the characters in the show are as strongor as weak as the writer wants them to be. Once you swallow that pill and accept that its going to be near impossible to use previous history to justify a characters strength its easier to accept the characters feats

i guess but if the writer just tweaked that power scaling problem this anime was gonna be way better, i hope i will be able to swallow that pill but naruto and one piece have way better power scaling not perfect but better specially one piece.
Feb 13, 2021 7:06 PM
Feb 2021
That's why I stopped. It was good for awhile but got boring. Not much for character development either I think.
Feb 13, 2021 7:16 PM
Oct 2018
Yep, this is what bleach is unfortunately. I really like the show but has this serious (and pretty common on shonens) problem.

Even in the last chapters of the manga they try to fix this crazy power level but that can't save the whole show.

Still worth watching if you're looking for great anime fights
Feb 13, 2021 7:29 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The shinigami Chad one shotted in soul society isn't a lieutenant, and Renji is of course much stronger than that joke shinigami.

As a Bleach fan myself, the only one who has weird (or bad, however you like) powerscaling is only Ichigo himself, his power is somewhat fluctuating and inconsistent, without any apparent reasons initially, not until the late arcs later there will be explanation why Ichigo's power is like that.

Characters other than Ichigo have okay powerscaling.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 13, 2021 7:30 PM
Jul 2014
Chad didn't one-shot a lieutenant. That was a 3rd seat officer, they're a rank below lieutenant.
Feb 13, 2021 7:34 PM

Jun 2020
The lieutenant chad one shots is the worst lieutenant,i think his name was omaeda he is just a useless clown, his powerlevel doesn't even matter.
Feb 13, 2021 7:41 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Madao_Taizo said:
The lieutenant chad one shots is the worst lieutenant,i think his name was omaeda he is just a useless clown, his powerlevel doesn't even matter.

I'm sorry but what Chad one shot in Soul Society isnt Omaeda the 2nd division lieutenant, it was this guy from 8th division :)

https://bleach.fandom.com/wiki/Tatsufusa_Enj%C5%8Dji

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Feb 13, 2021 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
Shounen typically goes by the rule of cool, not logic.

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Feb 13, 2021 7:43 PM

Jun 2020
Rinrinka said:
Madao_Taizo said:

I'm sorry but what Chad one shot in Soul Society isnt Omaeda the 2nd division lieutenant, it was this guy from 8th division :)

hmm think i made a mistake sorry :)
Feb 14, 2021 1:03 AM
Nov 2020
I don't think the power scaling is that bad. I don't want to spoil so I would suggest you to watch on. Soul society arc is really awesome.
Feb 14, 2021 1:21 AM
Feb 2021
In bleach it’s like dragon ball everytime ichigo beats someone or loses to someone he becomes stronger.He first beat renji that then made him stronger then fights a captain and ties bit also getting stronger so like it’s not bad power scaling.
Feb 14, 2021 2:01 AM
Nov 2020
Um yeah, at the beginning power scalling is pretty trash but wait for arrancar arc and then u see power
Also in tybw arc 2021 we all know the power scalling its crazy like too op
Feb 14, 2021 2:53 AM
Sep 2020
Wait for sometime his power will increase then again decrease to zero literally zero then he will have a normal captain of any squad
Feb 14, 2021 5:13 AM
Jan 2016
Rinrinka said:
Madao_Taizo said:

maybe he wasn't a lieutenant but the subtitles said that he was a lieutenant that's for sure
Feb 14, 2021 6:00 AM
Dec 2020
I completely agree. I'm on episode 50 something and I'm watching it with my sister who was a big Bleach fan. I am a huge dragon ball fan, and i can say the power scaling is a little wack, especially once you reach DBS, you might as well throw all the power scaling out the window. But Bleach? well... bleach is confusing from the start. ngl. still think its a good show so far, but jeez, the lkwer scaling left me with some questions.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Episode 176-177 Discussion

Pokedude97 - Jun 25, 2008

41 by AdamSylph »»
Yesterday, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 175 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 18, 2008

54 by AdamSylph »»
Yesterday, 5:48 PM

» Overrated

NeoToad - Apr 1

48 by XGirl86 »»
Apr 15, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 174 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BishounenTatsumi - Jun 11, 2008

57 by AdamSylph »»
Apr 12, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Bleach Episode 66 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Jun 18, 2009

17 by akay88 »»
Apr 10, 10:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.