Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Is this fanbase made of trolls, botters, bullies and even possibly criminals? What do you think?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 11, 2021 1:05 PM

Jan 2018
ReegrezSNK said:
MappaPrefersJJK said:

Sorry but did I ask you something ???????????????? Wasted
MappaPrefersJJK said:

Sorry but did I ask you something ???????????????? Wasted

Don't worry, one day you'll meet someone who likes you, I am almost sure.

Yes yes I noticed you, you can stop now....
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Feb 11, 2021 1:11 PM

Feb 2020

WTF is going on in this thread....
Feb 11, 2021 1:12 PM
Jul 2019
Madlaad said:
Taifu_15 said:

sheesh dooming much? and below fairy tale? my guy forgot chapter 80-122, 130, 131 , 134. JJK is a solid series but its too early to judge and it just recently got its best arc while aot got better arcs in general.
and please do not underestimate yams writing dude probably got some insane plot twist next chapter

Chapter 1-122 + 130 and 131 are peak fiction. But sorry chief imma be real with you. The recent chapters are utter garbage and mark my words we'll have even more garbage in the next 2 chapters. And if it has garbage ending ruining so many characters then those peak fiction chapters will loose their charm. I was trolling when i said jjk is clear. Jjk will never in a thousand year reach the level of aot (chapter 1-122) in terms of writing

i mean lets wait it out buddy
ill be honest too chapter 137 isnt the best in terms of writing (compared to 120-122) but honestly chapter 138 has one more chance for yams redemption
Feb 11, 2021 1:14 PM
Jul 2019
animu007 said:

WTF is going on in this thread....

lots of hating here and there the usual tbh
Feb 11, 2021 1:16 PM
Aug 2017
Taifu_15 said:
Madlaad said:

Chapter 1-122 + 130 and 131 are peak fiction. But sorry chief imma be real with you. The recent chapters are utter garbage and mark my words we'll have even more garbage in the next 2 chapters. And if it has garbage ending ruining so many characters then those peak fiction chapters will loose their charm. I was trolling when i said jjk is clear. Jjk will never in a thousand year reach the level of aot (chapter 1-122) in terms of writing

ill be honest to chapter 137 isnt the best in terms of writing (compared to 120-122) but honestly chapter 138 has one more chance for yams redemption

I do have some hope but when i think about it, who am i kidding with only 2 chapters left there's no way there's gonna be a comeback from spoiler. If it had 5,6 chapters left then i wouldn't be worried about it but nah too little remaining and too many questions.
Feb 11, 2021 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
Peeti said:
Why didn't internet security centres held emergency or so. I mean it's a big fanbase and mobs are hard to handle on a bigger scale so big authorities should have come. I am not sure but I think that you guys might know that how many people from this few millions sized fanbase participated in death threats scandal. Must have been thousands of them which caused such a reputation and also must have been hundreds of thousands to hate in other manner, for example saying that "I hate this shit".
Also they say that this shows' characters started gaining favorites when new season started and they say it's due to botting. I mean new people can't come and watch it because hype is not true anyway. People don't get into hypes anymore so it's impossible of new people coming in the hype train that's going on and start watching AOT. Scores are also increasing of all seasons but in reality every anime scores decrease after the shows stop airing like mob Psycho, kaguya sama, steins gate etc. but fans say new people coming are binge watching this series and watch it in hype but is that possible? How can so many new people can come and watch a popular but not so popular show. It's nowhere near popular games of thrones or other west shows. I think that they are trying to say that it's just old left portion of this big fanbase from season one which is that much toxic.

ABOVE PART IS WHAT PEOPLE SAY NOT ME. I AM JUST CURIOUS TO KNOW THAT IS THIS REALLY THAT DANGEROUS?

Bro I know at least 10 people whom are close to me that started Aot this season, It is true that people join from the hype.

Also the more you talk about those people, the more the toxicity spreads. So please stop making these threads people. Only make them if there is an actual solution to the problem.
Feb 11, 2021 1:22 PM
Jul 2019
Madlaad said:
Taifu_15 said:

ill be honest to chapter 137 isnt the best in terms of writing (compared to 120-122) but honestly chapter 138 has one more chance for yams redemption

I do have some hope but when i think about it, who am i kidding with only 2 chapters left there's no way there's gonna be a comeback from spoiler. If it had 5,6 chapters left then i wouldn't be worried about it but nah too little remaining and too many questions.

i mean well its your opinion. I still got a little bit of hope for chapter 138
Feb 11, 2021 1:27 PM
Sep 2008
fistyoursoul said:
Trolls exist everywhere on this planet. Learn to ignore them.

The wisest words that I have heard.
Feb 11, 2021 1:28 PM
Aug 2017
Taifu_15 said:
Madlaad said:

True it is my opinion and well i think it is trash but people who like fairy tail do exist so its kinda subjective
Feb 11, 2021 6:44 PM

Sep 2019
Suryanshkarchuli said:
Peeti said:
Why didn't internet security centres held emergency or so. I mean it's a big fanbase and mobs are hard to handle on a bigger scale so big authorities should have come. I am not sure but I think that you guys might know that how many people from this few millions sized fanbase participated in death threats scandal. Must have been thousands of them which caused such a reputation and also must have been hundreds of thousands to hate in other manner, for example saying that "I hate this shit".
Also they say that this shows' characters started gaining favorites when new season started and they say it's due to botting. I mean new people can't come and watch it because hype is not true anyway. People don't get into hypes anymore so it's impossible of new people coming in the hype train that's going on and start watching AOT. Scores are also increasing of all seasons but in reality every anime scores decrease after the shows stop airing like mob Psycho, kaguya sama, steins gate etc. but fans say new people coming are binge watching this series and watch it in hype but is that possible? How can so many new people can come and watch a popular but not so popular show. It's nowhere near popular games of thrones or other west shows. I think that they are trying to say that it's just old left portion of this big fanbase from season one which is that much toxic.

ABOVE PART IS WHAT PEOPLE SAY NOT ME. I AM JUST CURIOUS TO KNOW THAT IS THIS REALLY THAT DANGEROUS?
i always thought how the world is going to end is that a world war or pandemic i can't found the answer and i will never going to find it but i believe that one day the peeti will say that world is going to end because of aot its all aot fault people are dying because of aot lol🤣🤣
there is a difference between 'they say' and 'peeti say'. Only if you can read.
OniiChanlol said:
Peeti said:

Bro I know at least 10 people whom are close to me that started Aot this season, It is true that people join from the hype.

Also the more you talk about those people, the more the toxicity spreads. So please stop making these threads people. Only make them if there is an actual solution to the problem.
but I am keep hearing that AOT is the most toxic fanbase. It did that and this. So I just wanted to confirm that on what scale it did that.
MappaPrefersJJK said:
Suryanshkarchuli said:
you are making me to hate jjk it is actually good show but you sucks every time this is aot foram not jjk i may say think yourself you are not always right

I hate Gabi, chapter 137 sucks, JJK masterpiece
the amount of commitment for AOT is too much. Don't give me vibes that you are a secret AOT fan. It would be disappointing.
PeetiFeb 11, 2021 6:54 PM
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Feb 11, 2021 7:09 PM
Aug 2020
Peeti said:

then what wrong here they are destroying our fav anime and we got silent even isayama looks got little dumb 2 ch left who knows wtf will happen
Feb 11, 2021 8:03 PM

Sep 2019
TitanXslayer said:
Peeti said:

then what wrong here they are destroying our fav anime and we got silent even isayama looks got little dumb 2 ch left who knows wtf will happen
nah people think criticizing is also toxicity. What will you say to those then?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Feb 11, 2021 8:50 PM

Dec 2020
This is a common occurrence for every form of fiction and not surprising either. There will always be a certain amount of "people" with a screw loose or two who send this kind of threats to authors and staff involved in the production.

To mention an iconic example outside of manga and anime, some people sent Stanley Kubrick death threats against him and his family because A Clockwork Orange was too violent. Yes, you heard it right, death threats cuz the movie is too violent lmao.
Feb 12, 2021 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
{but I am keep hearing that AOT is the most toxic fanbase. It did that and this. So I just wanted to confirm that on what scale it did that.}

Well, to answer your question. It's not as bad as people tell you. Trust me, I've been keeping up with the situation.
Feb 12, 2021 2:56 AM
Dec 2020
Peeti said:
TitanXslayer said:
criticizing is when you are being respectable. But what we see isn't respect but straight up attacks on the work and workmen. That'd be my answer. You never see a guy being respectable stir up trouble, but rather see a pleasant bunch of people discussing, instead of cussing at each other. It's quite easy to differentiate tbh. Toxicity and criticism I mean.
Feb 12, 2021 3:12 AM

Sep 2019
Harsha1314 said:
Peeti said:
criticizing is when you are being respectable. But what we see isn't respect but straight up attacks on the work and workmen. That'd be my answer. You never see a guy being respectable stir up trouble, but rather see a pleasant bunch of people discussing, instead of cussing at each other. It's quite easy to differentiate tbh. Toxicity and criticism I mean.
yeah, it should be if they were really lazy etc. but we know that they are not but companies are not good as well.
Feb 12, 2021 3:31 AM
Jul 2020
Peeti said:
Harsha1314 said:
yeah, it should be if they were really lazy etc. but we know that they are not but companies are not good as well.

I am a bit confused. Is that last line you saying that the mappa staff and company are at fault?
Feb 12, 2021 3:40 AM

Sep 2019
Markio_midoriya said:
Peeti said:

I am a bit confused. Is that last line you saying that the mappa staff and company are at fault?
mappa staff is not at fault. The one who are at the top failed to give a better schedule. Mappa as a company is in it.
Feb 12, 2021 3:49 AM
Jul 2020
Peeti said:
Markio_midoriya said:

mappa staff is not at fault. The one who are at the top failed to give a better schedule. Mappa as a company is in it.

Sure, that was wrong, but a bad schedule or animations which arent extraordinary dont warrant the threats from the crazy people. As a matter of fact, an anime not being good should not mean you go annd start insulting the author or the animators or anyone involved with the work.
Feb 12, 2021 3:54 AM

Sep 2019
Markio_midoriya said:
Peeti said:

Sure, that was wrong, but a bad schedule or animations which arent extraordinary dont warrant the threats from the crazy people. As a matter of fact, an anime not being good should not mean you go annd start insulting the author or the animators or anyone involved with the work.
when I said you should insult author and staff members. They should not be. Though companies should be criticized for the quality but questioned for the work culture.
Feb 12, 2021 4:00 AM

Feb 2020
Peeti said:

take your 9.19 for FMAB and go home
Feb 12, 2021 4:00 AM
Jul 2020
Peeti said:
Markio_midoriya said:

when I said you should insult author and staff members. They should not be. Though companies should be criticized for the quality but questioned for the work culture.

from what I am hearing in the forums, people arent citicizing but threatening the staff. I dont think threatening will help to solve the issue of overworking and a bad schedule. also I remmeber seeing a anituber vid where he visited a anime production company and it turned that the company director wasnt even aware that people outside japan watch anime. So, the insulting wont help the staff in any way. It will only get their morale down seeing hundreds of insults thrown at them.
Feb 12, 2021 4:15 AM

Sep 2019
Lyfha said:
Peeti said:

take your 9.19 for FMAB and go home
fmab doesn't matter to me. Give my favourites a 9.21. I will go back.
Feb 12, 2021 4:17 AM

Sep 2019
Markio_midoriya said:
Peeti said:

from what I am hearing in the forums, people arent citicizing but threatening the staff. I dont think threatening will help to solve the issue of overworking and a bad schedule. also I remmeber seeing a anituber vid where he visited a anime production company and it turned that the company director wasnt even aware that people outside japan watch anime. So, the insulting wont help the staff in any way. It will only get their morale down seeing hundreds of insults thrown at them.
normal insults can't be banned though. Threatening for sure but insults like fuck you is a common thing. Taking it too seriously on the internet will be bad as well.
Feb 12, 2021 4:30 AM
Dec 2020
Peeti said:
Markio_midoriya said:

normal insults can't be banned though. Threatening for sure but insults like fuck you is a common thing. Taking it too seriously on the internet will be bad as well.
as I said, people being assholes isnt new, but how vocal and annoying it has become started being a bit of a problem. I mean you can be part of a shit show under a companies twitter account, but thing is its going to the personal account of the staff these days. So now, the real problem is not only those who threaten, but the existemce of so many different pov's if you know what I mean. There isnt a standard solution, but being polite isnt so hard, especially when you k ow the situations.
Feb 12, 2021 4:32 AM

Feb 2020
No, it's not that dangerous. Most of them are just talks. (half of them are obviously scared of sunlight to do anything)
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Feb 12, 2021 4:34 AM
Jul 2020
Harsha1314 said:
Peeti said:
as I said, people being assholes isnt new, but how vocal and annoying it has become started being a bit of a problem. I mean you can be part of a shit show under a companies twitter account, but thing is its going to the personal account of the staff these days. So now, the real problem is not only those who threaten, but the existemce of so many different pov's if you know what I mean. There isnt a standard solution, but being polite isnt so hard, especially when you k ow the situations.

well this kinda situation will arise no matter what you talk about since it gets more mainstram than other anime and anime as a whole is also getting more popular so it isnt surprising people like this will come. But, you shouldnt take that and throw it onto the whole fandom because it puts everyone at fault and makes u not wanna be associated to a show, which is wrong in my opinion.

also @Peeti isnt what u said now completely contadictory of the opening of the post, which was about death threats.
Feb 12, 2021 4:36 AM
Dec 2020
Markio_midoriya said:
Harsha1314 said:

well this kinda situation will arise no matter what you talk about since it gets more mainstram than other anime and anime as a whole is also getting more popular so it isnt surprising people like this will come. But, you shouldnt take that and throw it onto the whole fandom because it puts everyone at fault and makes u not wanna be associated to a show, which is wrong in my opinion.
yeah but thats what always happens, universally, just like any other fandom. There is no standard solution at all, it all depends on how *YOU* manage stuff.
Feb 12, 2021 5:01 AM
Sep 2020
I'd say the vocal minority ,and hater send death threats to the animators and stuff ,not the normal or diehard fans
Feb 12, 2021 5:13 AM

Sep 2019
Markio_midoriya said:
Harsha1314 said:

also @Peeti isnt what u said now completely contadictory of the opening of the post, which was about death threats.
threats are a different thing. Insults are different. I don't care for none of them (would have for threats but I am not popular anyway) but there are people who do, so I was talking about their comments.
Feb 12, 2021 11:40 AM

Feb 2021
1Kyo said:
There's trolls, botters, bullies, and possibly even criminals in pretty much every fanbase. Not sure what this thread is trying to accomplish.

To allow haters to be vocal, let them have their little fun in their troll thread(s).
Feb 13, 2021 5:11 AM

Jun 2016
Oh yes, death threats, two random edgy kids with anime avatars and 3 followers tweeting something like "kill yourself" that's indeed serious stuff.
Feb 13, 2021 5:32 AM
Jul 2019
Madlaad said:
Taifu_15 said:

True it is my opinion and well i think it is trash but people who like fairy tail do exist so its kinda subjective

nah i hate fairy tail lol
Feb 13, 2021 7:59 PM

Mar 2018
ReegrezSNK said:
MappaPrefersJJK said:

Best shounen ever ? Hm I don't think so, this title is for FMA imo ( don't @ me).

Best current shounen ? Yes, totally.

I lost all the hype for JJK sadly, its typical Shounen in every aspect like Boku no Hero academia for example, atleast for now, tournament arc sucks so much:D I hope its better later, but you can have your own trash unpopular opinion. I am not even sure why I try talk normally with troll, wasted.

I agree JJK is overrated (doesn't deserve the 8.52 score it has currently imho). The tournament arc is one of the worst in all of Shonen anime.
Feb 13, 2021 9:33 PM

Sep 2019
icarusivys said:
Peeti said:

In all honesty, I have never seen any reliable proof pertaining to the above claims despite of being one of the biggest fans of the show but I just see a bunch of stupid folks spread it around online on platforms such as Twitter, and such derogatory platforms to create chaos, panic and arguments. Where the fuck is the source? Not getting mad at you, this is towards every person who creates such sort of an aura in a fandom to exploit from it.

However, no-one from the studio, staff or anyone working on the show should be criticized on a baseless, personal level because that's not what they are working for.
We should learn how to criticize the art, not the person making the art. They are doing a good job considering the production conditions, they did better than, arguably any studio(willing) could in the allotted time. But at the same time, the animation is not "top-tier", definitely not compared to the previous seasons.

Nevertheless, I see a lot of people giving baseless criticisms only with the intention of hating, causing discomfort in the community. The fandom was never this bad, not that I remember. As a show grows in popularity, such type of audience being involved is inevitable. These people are not even "fans", they are the same type of people you see in the MHA fandom or such. I hate it, but there's not much one can do, it deserves the popularity but we can't filter out the toxic people because they barge in too. Trying to filter them out will get you called a "gatekeeper".

First comes respect and maturity, which such people forget to adopt.

that's why asked not confirmed. I said they say not me. Though even if hundreds or few thousands do something wrong, they represent million users.
Feb 13, 2021 10:00 PM

Apr 2020
If you think JJK is better than AOT please go die
Feb 13, 2021 10:18 PM

Dec 2019
Respect the creator
Love the creation
Hate the fandom

It ain't that hard cmon guys
Feb 13, 2021 10:52 PM

Sep 2019
notPara said:
Respect the creator
Love the creation
Hate the fandom

It ain't that hard cmon guys
I would say hating anime fans as a whole. Anime is the lowest form of entertainment after all.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

690 by Apreggi »»
Mar 23, 11:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.