Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 8, 2021 4:40 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
korean scans are out on /r/titanfolk

ye this might be the Guardians of the Galaxy type of climax Isayama was planning after he changed his mind abut The Mist climax and i think the next 2 chapters will focus on the real finale which is the Muv Luv ending

The Rumbling stopped

and Armin basically turn into a colossal titan in the end and nuke the centipede spine which is the source of titan powers
Feb 8, 2021 4:48 AM
May 2015
Since you've read it, I'm curious: what was the action or trigger that made the old titan shifters appear to help the alliance?
Feb 8, 2021 4:52 AM

Jan 2009
i ship Jean and Pieck after this chapter lol

WTTC2 said:
Since you've read it, I'm curious: what was the action or trigger that made the old titan shifters appear to help the alliance?

i cannot read korean but from the drawings it looks like Armin talk no jutsu Zeke and the rest of the old titan shifters along with Ymir the Founding Titan in the PATHS dimension
Feb 8, 2021 4:57 AM
May 2015
deg said:

WTTC2 said:

i cannot read korean but from the drawings it looks like Armin talk no jutsu Zeke and the rest of the old titan shifters along with Ymir the Founding Titan in the PATHS dimension

I see. I hope it's a good conversation on e we get the translations.
Feb 8, 2021 5:14 AM

Jun 2020
WTTC2 said:
This is the one thing that I really hope got explained. I'm excited to read the conversation between Armin and Zeke

Ok now that I've read it here's what I think

- This was not nearly as bad as the leaks and some people made it sound like it'd be; it's one of my favorite chapters that we've had in a while. It almost feels like not much has been happening for the last few chapters, but I think it'd be cool if MAPPA adapted this arc into a movie. This arc as a movie would work better than as a weekly anime or monthly manga.

-I still don't understand Zeke's part in this. Why is he necessary for the rumbling when Ymir Fritz is free?

-Zeke awakening the allies was explained well. It also made Ymir's summoning feel less asspully.

-Zeke is a nihilist. He died the way he did because his plan failed and he probably won't ever be able to leave the paths. But he helped Armin because like Eren said, Armin still has dreams. Zeke did him a favor then dipped. You can say it was anticlimactic, but it made total sense.

-I hope Reiner finds peace and dies next chapter. There can't be this many survivors.

Now here's my speculation/prediction for the end: Eren planned for defeat. If the founding titan can influence future inheritors and can look at past holders' memories, what if the Attack is the opposite? We already know that Eren influenced his father, so what if he also sent Grisha and Kruger memories of Mikasa and Armin? It would explain why Kruger brought them up before he passed on to Grisha, and why Kruger took the side of the alliance, for Mikasa and Armin. This would also explain why Eren never got any memories from future Attack Titan inheritors. I still think Eren is going to free Ymir, end her curse, and end the powers of the titans, and he is the last Attack Titan.

AnR is out the window and it was never even in the building to begin with. Eren was never going to fucking kill his friends; they're the people he's trying to protect via the rumbling. This ending theory makes no sense now and it never did before either.

I still trust Isayama 😛
HoodKublaiKhanFeb 8, 2021 4:16 PM
Feb 8, 2021 5:22 AM
May 2015
GoZha said:
WTTC2 said:
This is the one thing that I really hope got explained. I'm excited to read the conversation between Armin and Zeke

This, and the reason the rumbling stopped, because it does stop after Zeke's death in the scans.
Feb 8, 2021 5:24 AM
May 2019
as many stated in earlier threads it was a weak drama with many frustrating and weak plot twists like how the rumbling easily stopped, zake twists....etc, but i will revers judgment for later,
also still i cant understand why eren didn't control them with the founder power, he can erase their memories or do anything to them since they are eldians, right ?
i hope their will be a major plot twist next chapter like we used to
Feb 8, 2021 5:46 AM
Aug 2013
Pajdo11 said:
as many stated in earlier threads it was a weak drama with many frustrating and weak plot twists like how the rumbling easily stopped, zake twists....etc, but i will revers judgment for later,
also still i cant understand why eren didn't control them with the founder power, he can erase their memories or do anything to them since they are eldians, right ?
i hope their will be a major plot twist next chapter like we used to

He is pulling Code Geass ending
Feb 8, 2021 5:54 AM

Jan 2009
UaEfAlCoN83 said:

Eren is Lelouch then lol but it can happen i mean Eren did not struggle and just let the Alliance win?

about 2 hours before the official english scans are out to find out
Feb 8, 2021 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
bEsT ChApTer eVER!!11!
Feb 8, 2021 6:04 AM
Jul 2016
I have yet to read the eng version of it but based on the korean ver alone, I doubt that the deads, who were brought to path, are actually real since they dont even talk in both humans and titans forms. And seems like few of armin trojan’s theories are prob debunked
Feb 8, 2021 6:09 AM
Jul 2018
AnRbros ... We lost
Let us meet again at dawn in a world without shit endings
Feb 8, 2021 6:09 AM
Dec 2020
deg said:

WTTC2 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what if they don't have there own will and are just listening to Armin's commands... That can be the only logical explanation...
Feb 8, 2021 6:10 AM
Dec 2020
Rhhdaiw said:
AnRbros ... We lost

What if there is a twist in chapter 138 and we get the AnR ending...
Feb 8, 2021 6:11 AM
Aug 2013
deg said:
UaEfAlCoN83 said:

Eren is Lelouch then lol but it can happen i mean Eren did not struggle and just let the Alliance win?

deg said:
UaEfAlCoN83 said:

Selenehakz said:
I have yet to read the eng version of it but based on the korean ver alone, I doubt that the deads, who were brought to path, are actually real since they dont even talk in both humans and titans forms. And seems like few of armin trojan’s theories are prob debunked

Whether the leaks are true or not, doesn’t matter.

The alliance cannot win at this point. We are talking about hundreds of titan shifters against lesa than 10 people. These people barely survived against the small stupid titans that walk in a funny way.

The only possible ways are:
1- power of friendship
2- power of “we need to save humanity it is only us who can do it”
3- talk no jitsu

All the 3 methods above are bad and will just ruin the ending even more. So the best ending at this point is to claim that Eren planned this; by becoming the new Devil, he will allow his friends to stop him making them the new heros (code geass ending)

Why is it possible? Because Eren could have controlled them but he didn’t...
Feb 8, 2021 6:12 AM
Jul 2018
Blaze0192 said:
Rhhdaiw said:
AnRbros ... We lost

What if there is a twist in chapter 138 and we get the AnR ending...

I already passed the denial stage
Feb 8, 2021 6:21 AM

Jun 2020
Rhhdaiw said:
AnRbros ... We lost
Good lol this would've been one of the worst endings why tf would Eren kill all his friends
Feb 8, 2021 6:24 AM
Jul 2016
UaEfAlCoN83 said:
deg said:

deg said:

Selenehakz said:

Whether the leaks are true or not, doesn’t matter.

The alliance cannot win at this point. We are talking about hundreds of titan shifters against lesa than 10 people. These people barely survived against the small stupid titans that walk in a funny way.

The only possible ways are:
1- power of friendship
2- power of “we need to save humanity it is only us who can do it”
3- talk no jitsu

All the 3 methods above are bad and will just ruin the ending even more. So the best ending at this point is to claim that Eren planned this; by becoming the new Devil, he will allow his friends to stop him making them the new heros (code geass ending)

Why is it possible? Because Eren could have controlled them but he didn’t...

I have a feeling that the ending would not be both code geass and EoE ending after this chapter but i could be wrong too.

This chapter teases the spinal thing aka hallucigenia and few panels here turn out to be foreshadowed way back in S2 op and ed so we might get some answers in next chapters.
Feb 8, 2021 6:25 AM
Jul 2018
GoZha said:
Rhhdaiw said:
AnRbros ... We lost
Good lol this would've been one of the worst endings why tf would Eren kill all his friends

i mean he already killed hange
Feb 8, 2021 6:28 AM

Jan 2009
Eren: i keep moving forward until my friends become heroes HELOS
Feb 8, 2021 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
GoZha said:
Rhhdaiw said:
AnRbros ... We lost

Still better than power of love and friendship
Feb 8, 2021 6:29 AM
Dec 2019
GoZha said:
Rhhdaiw said:
AnRbros ... We lost

Oh but they apparently killed him... lol.
Feb 8, 2021 6:29 AM
Dec 2020
chiearlymorning said:
GoZha said:

I don't think he would have killed Mikasa and Armin though.....
Feb 8, 2021 6:30 AM

Jun 2020
chiearlymorning said:
GoZha said:

Did he ever view Hange as a friend? I could see him killing her or Levi because he's just his superior but he wouldn't kill Mikasa, Armin, Jean, or Connie
Feb 8, 2021 6:36 AM
Mar 2015
It looked to me like Eren looked to Jean at the last moment. I also looked like something felt off in that panel, though I guess it could be Jean himself. In any case I expect Eren to regenerate next chapter. 400% sure.

Also I have no idea what happened in the last page.
Feb 8, 2021 6:37 AM

Jul 2019
Damn what a chapter.

I just saw the korean scans but seeing Zeke and Eren getting done like that was mad.

It is going to be so depressing to wait for the finale.

BRUH WTF:

did people really not like it?? or it is just yeagerist stans lmao.
Feb 8, 2021 6:41 AM

Jul 2012
Lots of misconceptions going on about this chapter, just wait for the official translation before starting an illogical shitstorm about what you think that happened in here.

I'll wait for either the RAW or the English one to come by, too. My Korean is crappy and I couldn't get most of Zeke's exposition properly. But it does seems stuff get explained in detail. And no, there was no "talk no jutsu" like many are saying either, so stop saying that already. Zeke didn't need convincing of any sort and "turn good because of it", his character is quite established as is, and that came from his own place of pragmatism, from what I could actually read.
Feb 8, 2021 6:43 AM
Dec 2020
NextUniverse said:
Damn what a chapter.

I just saw the korean scans but seeing Zeke and Eren getting done like that was mad.

BRUH WTF:

It was really a decent chapter to be honest.... But yes it was not as bad as people were claiming it to be....
Feb 8, 2021 6:44 AM

Jan 2018
Talk no jutsu, power of love and friendship, dead people coming back to life to help the good guys... sEems LiKe aN AmAzInG cHaPter nGL
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Feb 8, 2021 6:45 AM
Dec 2020
MappaPrefersJJK said:
Talk no jutsu, power of love and friendship, dead people coming back to life to help the good guys... sEems LiKe aN AmAzInG cHaPter nGL

Is English translation out?
Feb 8, 2021 6:47 AM
Dec 2020
Rhhdaiw said:
GoZha said:

Still better than power of love and friendship

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what if the titan shifters don't have there own will and are just listening to Armin's commands....
Feb 8, 2021 6:48 AM

Jul 2019
what a ridiculous reaction lmao.

wait for "talk no jutsu" to turn into English lol. I don't know what people wanted from this, but this was obvious that the rumbling was going to stop early. Yams doesn't have long left and said himself he would give an ending that will stick to the reader. I guess he achieved some of that, but in the wrong way.

to be fair, aot community isn't exactly the best. but heh. wow.
Feb 8, 2021 6:49 AM

Jul 2012
NextUniverse said:
Damn what a chapter.

BRUH WTF:

People voting didn't actually read the chapter at all, so they are assuming things that aren't really there and getting mad about it. That paired with yeagerist stans who disliked the cliffhanger + SnK haters that come to 1/5 every single chapter and episode the earliest to see if people follow it through (been happening for a while now), and you get early scores such as this.

Once the translation come by, they will be minority as usual, though.
Feb 8, 2021 6:51 AM

Jan 2009
NextUniverse said:

wait for "talk no jutsu" to turn into English lol. I don't know what people wanted from this, but this was obvious that the rumbling was going to stop early. Yams doesn't have long left and said himself he would give an ending that will stick to the reader. I guess he achieved some of that, but in the wrong way.

dude have you seen /r/titanfolk sticky thread and 4chan /a/ threads? majority of fans hate it because they want the AnR ending where Eren kills his friends and genocide is a success
Feb 8, 2021 6:54 AM

Jul 2019
deg said:
NextUniverse said:

dude have you seen /r/titanfolk sticky thread and 4chan /a/ threads? majority of fans hate it because they want the AnR ending where Eren killed his friends and genocide is a success

that is what you get from irrational "delete humanity" fans tho lol. how they didn't see this coming is beyond me.
I haven't checked 4chan but https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfolk/comments/lcbkh8/new_chapter_spoilers_leaks_discussion_chapter_137/ is being retarded.

yo btw what is AnR ending lol. Idek what AnR is. haven't been here too long.
Feb 8, 2021 6:55 AM
Dec 2020
deg said:
NextUniverse said:

dude have you seen /r/titanfolk sticky thread and 4chan /a/ threads? majority of fans hate it because they want the AnR ending where Eren kills his friends and genocide is a success

Can you tell me why are past titan shifters helping Armin..?
Only reason I can think of is that they don't have there own will and are just listening to Armin's commands
Feb 8, 2021 6:58 AM

Jan 2009
@NextUniverse

Akatsuki no Requiem here watch it https://youtu.be/OrQ0zZArUV8

and lol ye if Isayama planned to make The Rumbling a success the manga should have ended in chapter 122 anyway

@Blaze0192

i do not know man lets wait for the english scans
Feb 8, 2021 7:01 AM
Dec 2020
Why everyone is hating on the chapter without even reading it....
Feb 8, 2021 7:02 AM

Jun 2020
NextUniverse said:
deg said:

dude have you seen /r/titanfolk sticky thread and 4chan /a/ threads? majority of fans hate it because they want the AnR ending where Eren killed his friends and genocide is a success

that is what you get from irrational "delete humanity" fans tho lol. how they didn't see this coming is beyond me.
I haven't checked 4chan but https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfolk/comments/lcbkh8/new_chapter_spoilers_leaks_discussion_chapter_137/ is being retarded.

AnR means Akatsuki no Requiem, which is the anime's 4th ED and the ending is based on the ED 4's visuals. AnR people basically want Eren to kill the whole alliance, succeed in the rumbling, and go back home to live with Historia and their baby.

This would definitely be one of the worst endings imaginable. It would be so out of character for Eren
Feb 8, 2021 7:02 AM

Jul 2019
to be fair, I can't really defend this chapter if I don't understand what is going on myself. just going to have to sit and wait.
Feb 8, 2021 7:03 AM
Dec 2020
GoZha said:
NextUniverse said:

AnR means Akatsuki no Requiem, which is the anime's 4th ED and the ending is based on the ED 4's visuals. AnR people basically want Eren to kill the whole alliance, succeed in the rumbling, and go back home to live with Historia and their baby.

This would definitely be one of the worst endings imagineable. It would be so out of character for Eren

It's seriously good to see that there are some people who don't want the AnR ending....
Feb 8, 2021 7:08 AM
May 2015
Look at all those voters. They must be fluent Korean readers, lol.
Feb 8, 2021 7:11 AM
Jun 2016
Gonna wait for the official translation, skimmed the raws and composition and art wise seems great. Unfortunately I do have qualms of this turning into a Naruto 2.0 ending, based on leaks and some typed pieces of dialogue.

How come only a handful of shifters are able to retain their identity and fight back? Why did the Alliance have a harder time GETTING to Eren vs actually fighting him? (2 casualties against a bunch of Yaegerists and Colossals vs no casualties against a literal god). Why did Ymir even take Armin to Eren's ass in the first place?

Perhaps all of this is answered, so I won't judge too harshly right now, but the problem of the recent Alliance chapters so far still stands. The problem isn't the Alliance winning, it's how easily they did it. I'm actually all for the Alliance winning and thinks it makes more sense narratively based on what Isayama is going for, but the fact they have no casualties and have such an easy time of things is disappointing.

Perhaps this has always been a flaw of AoT; there has been plot armor for all these involved characters in past arcs, but at least there were fodder or somewhat relevant side characters Isayama could kill off to seem authentic. But I guess now that they're all gone, the cracks shine through.

Let's hope when Isayama said Guardians of the Galaxy inspired him, he meant he wanted an ending fight of similar scale and feeling, but the actual ending will be his own SnK worthy one. It's still possible given we have 2 more chapters. Hopefully he got these detestable Hollywood tropes out of his system and can now do interesting stuff with PATHS and Eren. Otherwise, this is a 9-10/10 manga plagued by a 5/10 ending, which it doesn't deserve.

Is this really the same guy who wrote Uprising, Return to Shinganshina, Marley and War for Paradis (107-123)? Let's hope so.
Feb 8, 2021 7:12 AM
Oct 2016
Blaze0192 said:
deg said:

Can you tell me why are past titan shifters helping Armin..?
Only reason I can think of is that they don't have there own will and are just listening to Armin's commands

From what I understood from a shady twitter translation.
They have will, they´re not empty puppets. So they said "fuck you Eren and Ymir" and free themselves.
Armin only talked with Berutoto
Feb 8, 2021 7:17 AM

Sep 2019
MappaPrefersJJK said:
it is the best chapter. It's time for haters to show love.
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Feb 8, 2021 7:19 AM

Nov 2016
MappaPrefersJJK said:

How much ass pulling can you take?

Chapter 137:

Ok seriously can someone pls @ me when the englisch scanlations are out? Thanks

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 8, 2021 7:20 AM

Jul 2019
Peeti said:
MappaPrefersJJK said:
this chapter may be on par with 122 for me.
Feb 8, 2021 7:20 AM

Sep 2019
chiearlymorning said:
bEsT ChApTer eVER!!11!
are you ok though?
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Feb 8, 2021 7:22 AM

Sep 2019
NextUniverse said:
Peeti said:
you mean reverse of the chapter 122. Anyway people should not forget the journey because it was a long journey to go top 50 manga.
Feb 8, 2021 7:24 AM

Jul 2019
Peeti said:
NextUniverse said:
you mean reverse of the chapter 122. Anyway people should not forget the journey because it was a long journey to go top 50 manga.
??? I mean like I liked this chapter as I did with 122 lol.

I wasn't there for the journey but it must have been a very long run.
Pages (18) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 121 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arjuna777 - Sep 4, 2019

263 by Berry-Vodka »»
Today, 12:25 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 122 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Arjuna777 - Oct 4, 2019

246 by Berry-Vodka »»
Sep 25, 2:16 PM

» Is Chapter 140 & 141 coming?

KMohZaid - Aug 30, 2021

7 by TheFlyingOrange »»
Sep 25, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 123 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Arjuna777 - Nov 6, 2019

220 by Berry-Vodka »»
Sep 24, 12:37 AM

» Do you think that Attack on Titan might have a similar ending like Code Geass? (Zero requiem) (spoilers for both series)

ryth1 - Mar 29, 2020

29 by ryth1 »»
Sep 13, 5:48 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.