Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2021 4:28 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well damn, I didn't expect to see MarineAngemon showing up this season. Quite a wise Digimon and displays a lot of human-like intellect.

Cool to see Gatomon kick some butt along with MetalGreymon. The siblings make a decent team. Also seems like this season's version of Scorpiomon is a lot tougher than the one from the original season.
Jan 30, 2021 7:14 PM

Feb 2019
Neko punch! Really nice to see Hikari and Tailmon bonding and working together this episode. Nice emotional flashback sequence at the end!

Wild to think we still have 32 eps to go, I’m looking forward to seeing how the kids finish this race against time. Today animation was a bit weak, but that’s to be expected with a long running show.
Jan 30, 2021 7:38 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Ok, so I have two major issues with this episode.

1) Considering how the kids and Scorpiomon got inside the underwater city, shouldn't it have flooded from water pressure? Or did the water somehow get isolated along with the other swimming Digimon beside them?
2) So you're telling me that Tailmon, a Champion level Digimon, managed to make such a crack in Scorpiomon's surface, it being a Mega level Digimon? Seems like digivices in this season just work by convenience.

Also, I'd like a little bit more participation from the other kids in the plot if that's possible. Their uselessness it's starting to get old.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 30, 2021 7:41 PM

Jul 2017
Very amazing episode, Tailmon and Hikari's bond shines brightly in this episode, they have been waiting for each other all the way to this very moment.

Also we got to see some great Neko Punches from our beloved Holy Digimon. With a very strong one once they got their own Digivice, the ultimate power-booster in this reboot.

Can't wait to see her digivolving soon.
AikotobaJan 30, 2021 7:47 PM
Jan 30, 2021 7:43 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ah ok, so Angewomon is next episode, then she'll probably default to Nefertimon like Patamon does with his (was) armor
Jan 30, 2021 11:16 PM

Jul 2017
The journey continues with Hikari and Tailmon, but the sudden intrusion into the underwater city and with it, MarineAngemon's appearance, it felt as if things were going at a faster pace.

Obviously, Millenniumon's reach of darkness has seeped far and wide, but the crux this episode is Hikari and Tailmon's bond, against a more stronger version of Scorpiomon with Taichi, Sora and Takeru with their respective DigiDestined.

Angewomon next episode....OK...
Jan 31, 2021 12:06 AM

Oct 2017
Hikari got her digivice, that moment was touching. Thou too bad she didn't digivolve into Angewomon.
Jan 31, 2021 12:53 AM

Jan 2009
Hikari is officially a chosen one now with the creation of her digivice

next episode is Angewomon
Jan 31, 2021 2:34 AM

Feb 2015
This episode was imo one of the better ones, if not even the best of this entire reboot.
It actually felt like a Digimon episode. And you wanna know why? Cause it actually let the kids rest for half of the episode, showed off the new environment and let the friendly Digimon talk. It wasn't just another brainless action episode like most of the episodes in this reboot.

I liked:
- the underwater city is really pretty and creative (especially the way they can move the city around with Daipenmons popsicles!)
- I love the use of all different kinds of Digimon in this episode, it feels natural (and kinda like something out of a Dragon Quest game haha)
- more talking Digimon, yay
- after ignoring the crests, it's nice they bothered to explain the holy rings... it's the bare minimum, but better than what they've given us so far
- Tailmon actually has a personality... and is the only one smart enough to know that the kids shouldn't ride into battle with their Digimon lmao
- sleeping in bubbles was a cute idea

I disliked:
- the animation was sadly pretty lackluster
- where are the other kids? if they had to seperate them, at least give them screentime and a purpose -.-
- once the barrier was damaged, water should've flooded the city ^^'
- why is Tailmon able to fly? o.O
- Hikari and Tailmon know each other for like one episode and already act like they had their entire arc from the og anime... their bond just came out of nowhere just like the other kids and their Digimon (the cuddle scene was cute tho)

Tailmon saying that she won't put Hikari in danger ever again is weird, cause they literally just met last episode. The theory that these are the kids from the original (1999) with amnesia seems more plausible with every passing episode. That would actually explain the complete lack of personality for the characters and the fast evolutions/random evolutions like Pegasmon, cause the Digimon are actually already able to evolve this far cause of Adventure 1 & 2. If that isn't the case, the relationship between Tailmon and Hikari comes out of nowhere and seems increadibly forced.
If that theory turns out to be true and the kids regain their memories at some point, I'd give it a higher score at an instant (not a great one or anything, but at least it wouldn't be this bad anymore imo). But I doubt anything like that will happen ^^'
StormxNightmareJan 31, 2021 2:37 AM
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Jan 31, 2021 2:59 AM

Mar 2015
I think Tailmon said "Hikari" a hundred times in this episode. Her whole personality seems to be just about protecting Hikari. As expected from hack writers of Digimon Adventure 2020, once again unable to improve on the faults of the original and only making it worse. At least Patamon acknowledged Tailmon's existence in the last episode showing that he actually cared for his friends he fought with in his past. It's a small thing but it's something that can go a long way. Tailmon is just like "my duty is to defeat Milleniumon so that Hikari won't be put in danger anymore". Boring character whose whole shtick is wanting to protect another super boring character. I mean, maybe I'm too quick to judge and we'll get to see more facets of Tailmon in the future but I seriously doubt that given the track record of this disappointing series.

Also, needless to say the episode was packed with bullshit yet again with the underwater city not flooding because of a hole, Tailmon being able to fly etc. And honestly Hikari and Tailmon at the end there with their destiny talk were cringe af.
Jan 31, 2021 4:32 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Is scorpiomon a Mega level? I've always thought he was a Ultimate level

Ah, you're right. It is an Ultimate level Digimon. Either way the point still stands.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 31, 2021 6:07 AM

Aug 2017
One thing I liked about this episode was Taichi explaining the difference between a territorial war and a erradication war. Good for the youger audience.

Akumaxd said:
Eeh allright episode. I never understood if they were under the water or not though. Since it seemed as like they were breathing air normally, but there was also fishes swimming around.

Yes, that was a bit weird to me too, now that you mention it.
ZenielDanakuJan 31, 2021 6:12 AM
Jan 31, 2021 10:01 AM

Apr 2020
rasterman7 said:
Ok, so I have two major issues with this episode.

1) Considering how the kids and Scorpiomon got inside the underwater city, shouldn't it have flooded from water pressure? Or did the water somehow get isolated along with the other swimming Digimon beside them?
2) So you're telling me that Tailmon, a Champion level Digimon, managed to make such a crack in Scorpiomon's surface, it being a Mega level Digimon? Seems like digivices in this season just work by convenience.

Also, I'd like a little bit more participation from the other kids in the plot if that's possible. Their uselessness it's starting to get old.

1) That was so weird
2) Well, remember when >Tokomon< protected Takeru inside a sacred bubble? They were fighting Devimon or his digievolution, I don't remember. Power scale at this Digimon version just don't matter, as long as you're a sacred digimon you can do whatever you want.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jan 31, 2021 10:03 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
AcD4c said:
2) Well, remember when >Tokomon< protected Takeru inside a sacred bubble? They were fighting Devimon or his digievolution, I don't remember. Power scale at this Digimon version just don't matter, as long as you're a sacred digimon you can do whatever you want.

Yes, that was pretty bs as well and sadly it seems like it won't stop any time soon.
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jan 31, 2021 10:30 AM

Jun 2010
So, I haven't watched Digimon for nearly 2-3 months now. Just finished binge-watch it and I just noticed more problems lol.

This reboot emphasized so much on the evolution stage of a digimon. "Oh it's ABC-mon, an Ultimate/ Mega Digimon!" The show tries to give the impression that the opponent is very strong, but how can us viewers take it seriously when we have Tailmon cracking Scorpiomon's carapace? Or before, Togemon was able to make a light shield protecting against an attack from a Mega digimon? Is the show trying to justify by saying "No, they can do that because they are Holy Digimon"? Speaking of which, why do they emphasize so much on Holy Digimon anyway? Sure, they led a fight against darkness in the past. But what about the others? Will we ever get to know the role of the other 6, including Wargreymon and MetalGarurumon, who turn into a freaking Royal Knight (if RK actually exist in this universe). From where the thing it is now, the other 6 is viewed as no more than henchmen for the Holy Digimon in the past IMO. What makes them so special anyway? Was it because they're one of the few aside from the holy trio to reach Mega? Why do I even make up these questions when I know this reboot will not address any of this, just like the crests being reduce to meaningless symbols that viewers are supposed to know their significance.

I don't know why the reboot constantly put the kids on their partners' back. I suspect they want to make it seems like teamwork but it's so dangerous and ridiculous. The kids are just there to power up their digimon and spiritual supporting. It's quite useless. They can do that even when staying on the ground. In some cases, it would be much better as the kids can observe the surrounding areas and provide some strategies, kinda like Pokemon trainer in a way lol. At least to me, staying on the ground gives the kids more utility than riding on their Digimon's back anyway. But who knows, Toei likes to make it that way because it looks badass i guess. The only explanation I can come up with for Pegasusmon (and perhaps Wargreymon's gigantic size as well) is that Takeru can ride into battle with it. If Tailmon follows the same pattern as Patamon, I imagine Angewomon will appear only once in next ep and then her regular evolution will be Nefertimon, until plot device calls for the appearance of all Holy Digimon. If that was the case, I wonder if the show gonna increase Rosemon's size or make her the same (if the other kids reach Mega lol)

It is only half way into the show that someone suggests the idea of Digimon eating each other to level up. Idk why they didn't introduce it in the beginning. It may not be an original idea as I find it quite similar to Frontier and Tamers, but at least it gives actual sense of danger and urgency. Funnily enough, Digimon eating data of each other is the most intriguing part of the show for me now lol. Until now, I don't know what I should be focusing on, the Digital World or the Human World, because nothing seems to be really that dangerous. Why can't the plot be something like "Milleniummon wants to ressurect so he absorbs digimon data, but that's not enough so turn to the data from the human world. Meanwhile, due to his evil power some digimons are affected by it as well. That's why we need your help" Until now, I don't know why the kids have to be in the digital world. The show milked Our War Game plot too much that it became redundance. Please, if you're gonna mention a digimon's level every times it appears and why a digimon evolution can be groundbreaking then please explain the evolution process and power scale more thoughtful. Is there a different between the kids' digimon and digimon that grow stronger by absoring other digimon's data? What kinds of Digimon that can be reborn as a Digiegg and what not? Now that we know Digimon can eat data of each other, does that mean when Agumon and the gang defeat an enemy, they aborb their data or the death data got send to Digimon-hell? (or maybe the Dark Ocean, idk lol)

I was surprised the newest episode doesn't include some side story for Yamato like they did in the first half. Sora's role is being reduced to Taichi's sidekick, idk how to feel about that. Sure she gets some damsel-in-distress moments and only fights in the background for Taichi but at least she's there, right....? Hikari and Tailmon's dynamic is increadibly forced in this version, as if this is another things the showrunners want viewers to understand without actually develop it. They only just met last episode and Tailmon wants to protect her at all cost, huh....? On a plus side, seeing Tailmon being rightous and serious, and fights a lot, is quite nice. And finally, on screen rest scene lol! Overall, it's an OK episode. Next ep is gonna be Angewomon, so after that can I dream that it is time for the other 4 to have the spectacular Mega evolution sequence that they deserve?

Sorry for the long rant, it has been a long time since I watch Digimon. My rant can be nonsense so sorry if it is.
Jan 31, 2021 11:07 AM

Apr 2020
Hanaki_Neko said:
I don't know why the reboot constantly put the kids on their partners' back.

Among all the problems, this is the worst for me. I swear, it kills me every time. It kinda makes sense for Taichi since he has the courage crest, but after seeing the same thing again and again, it looks more like some stupid thing than courage. What about the other kids, what fighting along with their digimon can help or have something to do with their crests? Sora's love? Takeru hope? YAMATO FRIENDSHIP? Wait, who's Yamato... when was the last time he appeared.

I try so hard to enjoy this show as a separate anime from the original one, but it's so hard not to compare them.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jan 31, 2021 11:14 AM

Sep 2011
Akumaxd said:
Eeh allright episode. I never understood if they were under the water or not though. Since it seemed as like they were breathing air normally, but there was also fishes swimming around.

rasterman7 said:
So you're telling me that Tailmon, a Champion level Digimon, managed to make such a crack in Scorpiomon's surface, it being a Mega level Digimon?

Is scorpiomon a Mega level? I've always thought he was a Ultimate level

Scorpiomon is in fact an Ultimate/Perfect level
Jan 31, 2021 5:22 PM
Feb 2020
Was I the only one who thought Tailmon's voice was far too deep?
Feb 1, 2021 7:51 AM
Oct 2019
Lmao i laugh so hard when Hikari flying mid air giving her Speech to Tailmon for minutes...

They show us Hikari Crest again but didn't explain what it is.. but yet they explained about the Holy Ring...
Sometimes i wonder who wrote the script...

Also when scorpionmon crack the underwater city, why there is no water that comes in at all???
And how Tailmon Champion level can break the skin of Scorpionmon Ultimate level?
Again there is no power scaling here...

All you need is The Power of Friendship lol
davidyodo24Feb 1, 2021 7:58 AM
Feb 1, 2021 8:38 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Bastiono said:
Was I the only one who thought Tailmon's voice was far too deep?

Yeah, I'm not feeling Tailmon's voice too, but this is my first time hearing the Japanese version so I might get use to it.
Feb 3, 2021 12:26 AM

Mar 2018
StormxNightmare said:
The theory that these are the kids from the original (1999) with amnesia seems more plausible with every passing episode.
Hikari also said "I knew that we were connected from a long, long time ago." There was also the thing @Sakarii quoted me back in episode 32. It's my headcanon now. I wish they'd confirm this more prominently, like with a flashback scene to OG. That's the only thing that can save this reboot anyway.

Feb 7, 2021 11:03 AM

Feb 2021
davidyodo24 said:
Lmao i laugh so hard when Hikari flying mid air giving her Speech to Tailmon for minutes...

They show us Hikari Crest again but didn't explain what it is.. but yet they explained about the Holy Ring...

Also when scorpionmon crack the underwater city, why there is no water that comes in at all???
And how Tailmon Champion level can break the skin of Scorpionmon Ultimate level?

All the things you mention is exactly what bothers me in this episode, i will add that the digimon sizes are inconsistent, one moment they are HUGEEEEEE that they can carry a greymon ans still space left , the next second they are just big enought but not THAT huge ... is just annoying
Feb 7, 2021 12:26 PM

Jul 2008
Standard we have to work together flair.
Feb 7, 2021 6:19 PM
Oct 2019
Noir_Alchemist said:
davidyodo24 said:

All the things you mention is exactly what bothers me in this episode, i will add that the digimon sizes are inconsistent, one moment they are HUGEEEEEE that they can carry a greymon ans still space left , the next second they are just big enought but not THAT huge ... is just annoying

Oh really? I didn't really pay attention much to the size...
Maybe i will for this week Episode.. lol
So many inconsistent in this reboot
Feb 8, 2021 3:31 PM
Jul 2018
and good to see hikari fighting alongside taichi.
Feb 25, 2021 11:54 AM

Jan 2021
Oh I thought we were getting Angewomon this episode but it looks like they're saving it up for the next one. Alright then.

The setting was good. One of the interesting points of Digimon has always been the different unique settings in the Digiworld. You can never go wrong with an underwater city inside a fish skull that is propelled by a giant penguin controlled by a little dragon.

Although, one thing that really bothered me this episode is why there was no water leakage when the glass was shattered lol.

They also confirmed something I wish they just left open for interpretation. That there was really no need for the kids to hop on their Digimons while fighting. They should've just left that to the viewers' suspension of disbelief. Now, I actually have a good reason to say that the children riding on their Digimons is really just for show, to make things cooler.

Pretty much a filler-ish episode I guess. At least we finally get to see Angewomon next episode. Wonder when are we gonna see the rest of the cast do something significant though lol.
Feb 11, 2022 11:30 PM

Feb 2020
Cute Neko Punches. xD

MarineAngemon's appearance was yet another nice surprise. :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 58 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

20 by StormxNightmare »»
Yesterday, 5:22 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 57 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

24 by StormxNightmare »»
Yesterday, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 56 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

26 by StormxNightmare »»
Yesterday, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 55 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

34 by StormxNightmare »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Digimon Adventure: Episode 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2021

23 by StormxNightmare »»
Yesterday, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.