Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 22, 2021 11:37 PM
Feb 2019
This freaking cliffhanger, I bet the guy at the end is the Panda from season 1.
Jan 23, 2021 4:10 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Louis! Idk your story within a bunch of lions will be like that. Man, i can see why he got that honorship, and its actually not Louis that forcefully proposed the idea. Its the lions themself, by taking that former Beastar idol as their way to get a highly image from their society. Its understandable, and the way he fought that test, just amazing! Now i am still curious about how the ed can be like that. There must be some deep relations behind him and those glasses lion. Lets see....

Meanwhile, Legosi and his way to pursue the perpetrator seemed reach a deadend. A little fights happened among the carnivores drama club members, only to introduced new herbivore member, Pina. He seemed to be important, but already sparked a good hate from his fellow carnivore lads. In the end, its just the way of the plot to reach Legosi conclusion over his relations with Haru. The way his fellow carnivores talked about the possibility to bang tiny animals, lol, they were surely an animals of culture....

Anyway, someone watched him from behind. I wonder who's that?
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 23, 2021 6:44 AM

May 2011
The steak scene was so well made. I flinched when he cut the meat.

Towards the end of the episode, I was like "Legosi! You're a wolf, how can you not sense someone directly behind you??"
Then I realise he did mention at the rooftop that he couldn't smell anything. Kinda makes it more likely that it's one of the carnivores from the club that ate Tem (assuming the person behind him has malicious intent and wants to attack Legosi).
Jan 23, 2021 3:06 PM

Nov 2014
BaackTheBaptist said:
So how did Louis get that shirt on?
Wasn't it stated in the first season when Haru recalled meeting Louis, he held onto his antlers? He noted they were fake or something. I dunno, but it was something like it.

FouAlter said:
What the feeling Louis being a herbivore eating some meat? Hahahaha...
Someone noted before here in the comments that deers can eat meat during rare circumstances.

Idrxp_FNS said:
ttcchen said:
the reasons aren't so obvious to me. And how exactly is legosi prejudiced against carnivores??
the way legoshi speaks negative about carnivores erks me. Louis confidence and how he tells legoshi he needs to take pride in himself makes me like him, I’m sure that’s why everyone else likes Louis
I am not sure, but...I feel it's a bit of stretch to call Legosi that. He takes pride being a wolf, but he does understand why herbivores fear being eaten. Like if you compare in real life, some have stated "This is why I hate humans/society", Legosi doesn't form any spite or hatred towards carnivores, he just disapproves some of their questionable actions. (Even if Legosi did questionable acts, he is still the same awkward wolf in general.) I don't blame Legosi for it though, I would have stated my opinions about carnivores as well.

I like Louis, don't get me wrong, but some of his actions makes me question him time to time.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeJan 28, 2021 8:32 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2021 6:57 PM

Nov 2014
Idrxp_FNS said:
ttcchen said:
the reasons aren't so obvious to me. And how exactly is legosi prejudiced against carnivores??
the way legoshi speaks negative about carnivores erks me. Louis confidence and how he tells legoshi he needs to take pride in himself makes me like him, I’m sure that’s why everyone else likes Louis
can't speak for everyone but for me that's not.
Also, you gotta think of it in Legosi's perspective. He didn't choose to be a carnivore, yet he's born in a carnivore's body and burdened with heavy expectations. People see a carnivore and either expect them to be secretly a black market regular and a ticking bomb or they expect them to protect the herbivores. People fear him without getting to know him, and they expect him to be something he's not. The best way I can put it is... a man being born into a woman's body and expected to act like a woman. (i know this is a weird comparison but that's the best way I can put it). Legosi doesn't hate carnivores, he hates himself. If you have yet noticed, he has very low self-esteem and doesn't think that he is worthy of Haru. That's how much he hated his body and himself.
Jan 23, 2021 7:02 PM
Dec 2020
ttcchen said:
Idrxp_FNS said:
Also, you gotta think of it in Legosi's perspective. He didn't choose to be a carnivore, yet he's born in a carnivore's body and burdened with heavy expectations. People see a carnivore and either expect them to be secretly a black market regular and a ticking bomb or they expect them to protect the herbivores. People fear him without getting to know him, and they expect him to be something he's not. The best way I can put it is... a man being born into a woman's body and expected to act like a woman. (i know this is a weird comparison but that's the best way I can put it). Legosi doesn't hate carnivores, he hates himself. If you have yet noticed, he has very low self-esteem and doesn't think that he is worthy of Haru. That's how much he hated his body and himself.
ttcchen said:
Idrxp_FNS said:
great point................................
Jan 23, 2021 7:17 PM
Jan 2020
Got some backstory on Louis and now we actually understand what actually happened. He ate a buffalo. Did not expect that to be real. Legosi is tryna find the killer and is going through his emotional challenges for Haru. And as for the cliffhanger, its not gonna be the killer, most prolly some random person.
Jan 23, 2021 7:28 PM

Nov 2017
In my personal opinion, Legoshi is a dumbass.
Jan 24, 2021 4:19 AM
Jun 2020
That goddamn cliffhanger
Jan 24, 2021 10:52 AM

Jul 2009
Edgy dear eating meet and "teen love drama"... sigh I'm too old for this shit.
DanuelJan 24, 2021 10:56 AM
Jan 24, 2021 1:22 PM

Oct 2016
Kinda weird seeing Louis's reaction to the buffalo steak when real deer are capable of devouring birds without any issue
Jan 24, 2021 1:46 PM

Apr 2015
*Legoshi and Haru about to kiss*
Nobody:
Absolutely nobody:
I mean not a single soul in existence:
Legoshi: Do you still wanna bang your ex?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 25, 2021 1:57 AM

Nov 2019
Kaji Yuki-San is Pina
Jan 25, 2021 5:19 AM
Apr 2019
Gosha32 said:
I loved this episode! Its great to see the drama bois hanging out!

And sound design is still very on point! The sounds they used in that steak scenes was anxiety inducing and i love it! The Pina track sounds really playful. I feel like theyre mixing some middle eastern influences in the new scores.

There is one thing that bothers me a bit tho. I feel like they shouldve switched the louis scene and the locker room scene. The pacing kinda broke there for a bit. Maybe its just me tho.

Yes I felt that too .
Although I love louis . But this scene could have been a little more interesting
Jan 25, 2021 2:52 PM

Mar 2020
Yet another candidate for a Beastar has appeared. Pina's attitude seems like that of a Beastar although he may have different intentions.

Shown in this episode how and why Louis became the head of the lions. Louis slowly getting carnivore instincts.

Dang you Beastars. Always giving us cliffhangers. Well guess there's always something to look forward to next episode. Going by physique of the "killer" I would say it's Bill.
Jan 25, 2021 4:08 PM

May 2018
THE TWINK IS HERE OMG LMAO AHAGAHSJAHSJAHHAHAHA IM SO EXCITED YESSS

To be honest, his voice isn't how I imagined it, but nonetheless everything else about him was perfect! I absolutely love the way they animated him and his mannerisms!
Jan 25, 2021 11:54 PM
Jul 2020
A lot of people discuss about Louis so I will talk about the romance scene.

The anxiety Legosi brought within his heart, thr unclear relationships he seeks, his goal that begin to chose odd way of living is answered by the rabbit expression "Do you still love your-ex?"

It's not whether he was accepted or not but from the start, her heart is already filled by another person shadow, drowning in affection, no hope for returning.

That's why Legosi decided to not be her lover but her guardian. That's all he can do now as a carnivore and as Legosi.
Jan 26, 2021 9:07 AM
Nov 2020
It was good and funny...that he will be virgin! For the rest of his life.... But he won't share the memories of that night 😂😂😂😂
Jan 27, 2021 3:05 AM

Apr 2016
does anyone know when episode 4 will air ? or eta on usual sub release time on anime watching sites?

i'm assuming later in the day but i don't really know
coffeedelusionJan 27, 2021 3:09 AM
moe moe ichijou seiya

Jan 27, 2021 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
Beastars never disappoints tbh. Every ep is good so far.
Jan 28, 2021 12:43 PM
Feb 2019
Great episode.

Legoshi has set his mind so much on finding Temu's murder that he's already acting more awkward than usual xD, now seriously, the tensions between the carnivorous club members is increasing with Legoshi's seuspicions; the introduction of Pina (Yuki Kaji is recognizable even when breathing) was good, first interrumpting the clash between Bill and Legoshi, and later making angry to all carnivorous members when he officialy enters the club, he's interesting for sure.
That little comeback to when Louis killed the gag leader was really good, it explains how an herbivore end up being a meat trading mafia boss, and it was really tense, specially when he was faced with a piece of meat as a meal, some truly dark stuff there.
The scene of Legoshi explaining his bunny fetish was hilarious, but his later conversation with Haru was kinda sad instead, he's proud of being strong to protect her but he feels that he doesn't fit, so he goes away.

We'll find out who's attacking Legoshi on that cliffhanger next week, I guess.
Jan 31, 2021 6:16 AM
Oct 2019
Hey that voice, i knew it Dall Sheep Pina VA was Kaji Yuki 🔥

Wow a Deer that eat Buffalo meat... God damn... I'm glad we got Louis story in this episode...

Once again Voice Acting from Legoshi absolutely Incredible...
Also the music was Fantastic...

I guess whoever in the Cliffhanger was the culprit...
I think it's Kai, idk why
Jan 31, 2021 8:59 PM

Sep 2018
I thought I forgot the finale in season 1 so now they explain that Louis is the new mafia boss.. The new character Pina is bishonen, but his attitude is annoying lol
Jan 31, 2021 10:17 PM

May 2019
Damn a deer eating a fucking steak. A lot of great and funny interactions from the drama club. Legoshi is too adorable the way he act and think. It is oddly funny and weird haha. So far really good.

Feb 1, 2021 4:48 PM

Mar 2010
I think legosi made the right choice, but I still feel like they should keep up with the meeting to keep each other updated of each others environment.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 17, 2021 3:34 PM
Jun 2015
I feel like I wathced the whole episode while holding my breath!!! So intense...
Mar 4, 2021 2:48 PM

Nov 2016
Way to kill the mood Legosi >_>

Damn cliffhanger. Basesd on the build only two characters come into question.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 5, 2021 11:06 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That Louis part was really creepy, so much violence and now he's eating meat with the lions.
The Haru and Legoshi moment was so depressing...but that cliffhanger wow, I'm hyped.
Mar 31, 2021 10:16 PM

Aug 2007
I ship the ending c:

Apr 8, 2021 7:04 AM

Mar 2015
Lel Pina is an interesting addition to the cast!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
May 10, 2021 6:38 PM

Aug 2017
Not much happened except we know why Louis joined that gang at the end. I thought Louis forcefully proposed the idea of ​​being leader not the lions themself.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 10, 2021 6:38 PM

Aug 2017
Not much happened except we know why Louis joined that gang at the end. I thought Louis forcefully proposed the idea of ​​being leader not the lions themself.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 5, 2021 12:08 PM

Jul 2015
Quite messed up to eat the buffalo meat, I can see how Louis managed to become the big boss, sadly this also means he has chosen a path with no return.

Jun 6, 2021 2:36 PM

Feb 2018
Aww.. poor Legoshi is too kind and pure for being a carnivore. Louis eating that buffalo meat was quite the scene.
Jul 5, 2021 11:34 PM

Jan 2017
What a messed up ritual the Leo Group set up for Louis, honestly surprised that him becoming the boss was not his idea to begin with
Jul 15, 2021 6:54 PM
Oct 2019
idk if louis liked that buffalo meat or not. he's an actor after all. but it doesn't matter. i don't really care about louis or his story

which is sad because i'm not really that into legoshi's story so far, either. don't feel this season is as interesting as the first
Jul 17, 2021 7:30 PM

Jan 2021
lmfao Pina is HILARIOUS.

So is Biru. I hated him at first but he's just so friggin funny. I don't want him to be the killer but I feel like it's so incredibly obvious that it is him. Like, too obvious. So........ it'd be nice if we got a bit of a surprise cause if it really is Biru, it's kind of an insult to my (the audience's) intelligence.

and poor Legoshi........... he's such a poet. his fault really is that he loves too much.........
Jul 25, 2021 1:55 PM

Feb 2019
Bit of a slower episode, I didn't enjoy it as much as the others.

The new goat-boy is a piece of sh*t, I hope he gets eaten.

As for the shadow at the end, I doubt Legoshi is actually in any trouble, but I could be wrong.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Sep 19, 2021 3:58 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I've never warmed up to Louis and after today, even less. Legoshi's life is going to get more complicated than ever now too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 31, 2021 2:37 PM
Nov 2020
Pina's voice actor is indeed Eren from Attack on titan. I love him already haha xD He NEVER voices characters like Pina so this is gonna be SOOO interesting in my opinion.
Dec 30, 2021 3:30 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Oh My God, this dude.
Feb 14, 2022 7:06 PM

Apr 2016
The comedy was greatly done; the parts with Louis were so intense and perfectly conveyed his anxiety during such a twisted situation.
Pina seems messy, I like him.
Aug 10, 2022 6:02 AM
Mar 2022
dears actually do eat meat tho
Sep 4, 2022 12:22 PM
Jan 2014
Buen capitulo, volvemos a lo dramático/romántico.
Nov 22, 2022 4:57 PM

Oct 2022
Oh, is that how Louis got to be the head of the Leo group? Interesting. And a bit cooler than what I had in mind thinking that maybe it was because of Louis' "father"/benefactor who saved him from being product #4. Cool. I'm curious if he was only acting about liking meat or if he truly did enjoy it.

Not as interesting to see Legosi go back to his emo state. He was making progress too, to come out of his shell and be more assertive.
Jan 23, 2023 11:59 AM
Sep 2016
Very interesting turn for Louis's character.
Mar 1, 2023 7:15 AM

Dec 2020
Pina is an asshole. 

Legoshi why :(
You were making good progress.

And is the murderer the gray bear(?) ?? I rewatched S1 E1 and the silhouette matches too. Bill also looks similar but come on, Bill is an obvious red-herring. 
Jun 19, 2023 3:11 PM
Apr 2023
Pretty cool but I just didn't really feel it with this some. Little confusing and it felt as if new stuff and motivations were just randomly introduced. Like Rouis suddenly eating meat or Legoshi suddenly not loving Haru? Could be me but just felt like all the characters changed their motivations or something. 
Nov 25, 2023 6:52 PM

Oct 2022
Mad respect Legosi, don’t undervalue yourself for a chick still hung up on another man.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2021

200 by fatekkjjkk »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2021

102 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 9, 2023 11:30 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 8, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2021

70 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 5, 2023 1:23 AM

Poll: » Beastars 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2021

63 by Tsinelas »»
Dec 4, 2023 12:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.