Forum Settings
Forums

Light Novel 'Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru.' Gets TV Anime

New
Jan 20, 2021 2:31 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Kadokawa opened an official website for a television anime adaptation of Nigojuu's Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. (The Detective is Already Dead, La Detective Está Muerta.) light novel on Wednesday, revealing the lead staff, cast, and the first key visual (pictured). The anime series will adapt the Tsuioku-hen (Reminiscence Arc), which spans from volumes 1–3. The website will reveal a second key visual on February 20.

Synopsis
Kimizuka Kimihiko is a crisis-magnet. From getting caught up in a crime scene to accidentally witnessing a drug deal, trouble seems to find him around every corner. So it is no surprise when his rather mundane flight suddenly enters a state of emergency with a dire need of a detective onboard. Unfortunately, his attempt at avoiding trouble is foiled by a beautiful girl with silver hair who goes by the codename Siesta. Declaring herself a detective, she unceremoniously drags Kimizuka into the case as her assistant.

That incident spelled the beginning of an adventure around the globe that went beyond his wildest imagination. Putting their lives on the line, the two took down criminal organizations, prevented disasters, and saved thousands. But the curtain closed to their epic journey with Siesta's untimely death three years later.

Resolving to live an ordinary high school life this time, Kimizuka spends a year maintaining a low profile. However, as fate would have it, a girl with an uncanny resemblance to Siesta comes crashing into his life, threatening to throw his peaceful days into disarray. [Written by MAL Rewrite]

Staff
Director: Manabu Kurihara (Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai! character design, Tokyo Ghoul animation director)
Series Composition: Deko Akao (Hitomi Mieno) (Noragami, Arakawa Under the Bridge)
Character Design: Yousuke Itou (Kawaikereba Hentai demo Suki ni Natte Kuremasu ka?, Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes)
Studio: ENGI

Cast
Kimizuka Kimihiko: Shin Nagai (Nanbaka 2)
Siesta: Saki Miyashita (Harukana Receive)
Nagisa Natsunagi: Ayana Taketatsu (5-toubun no Hanayome)
Yui Saikawa: Kanon Takao (Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria)
Charlotte Arisaka Anderson: Saho Shirasu (Beelzebub-jou no Okinimesu mama.)
Koumori: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Mob Psycho 100)
Chameleon: Takehito Koyasu (Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu)

Nigojuu began penning the mystery romantic comedy novel, also known by its short name Tanmoshi, on the Kakoyomu platform in October 2019. Kadokawa began publishing the title through its MF Bunko J imprint with illustrations by Umibouzu in November that year and shipped the fourth volume on November 25 last year. Tanmoshi has a cumulative 250,000 copies of its volumes in circulation.

Mugiko began drawing a manga adaptation in Monthly Comic Alive magazine last May. The first volume shipped on November 21 last year.

Yen Press licensed the light novel in English on Saturday and plans to publish the first volume in June 2021.

Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. placed fourth and third in the 2021 Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi! rankings' Paperback and New Work category, respectively.

Announcement

Official site: https://tanmoshi-anime.jp/
Official Twitter: @tanteiwamou_

Source: Press Release, LN News

Tantei wa Mou, Shindeiru. on MAL
VindstotJan 20, 2021 2:39 PM

Jan 20, 2021 2:35 AM

Aug 2019
looks interesting especially with the same person that did the Uzaki character designs on board
Jan 20, 2021 2:49 AM
May 2020
Mystery and Romance? I'm in.
The character design will be made by the same guy who did with HenSuki, i love it honestly
Jan 20, 2021 2:56 AM

Feb 2016
Yup was expecting this after KonoRano rankings but never this fast. It came right after yen press picked up the LN.
The visuals differ quite a bit from the original but still I'm looking forward to it
Jan 20, 2021 2:58 AM

Oct 2017
Looking forward to this one.
Jan 20, 2021 3:18 AM
May 2016
Are you kidding me?
Studio is nahh
Voice characters are not good
Why why
The staff is not good
I'm disappointed right now 💔💔💔
Jan 20, 2021 3:20 AM
May 2016
And character design is bad very bad Compared to novel
Jan 20, 2021 3:28 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, they really aren't holding back today lol. Much to my happiness though :)

Genres give me a Hyouka vibe honestly but the synopsis seems to suggest something a little different. Whatever the case, I'm interested. Decent staff and cast too.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jan 20, 2021 4:22 AM

Jul 2019
Gosick but the characters meet in a near-death situation
Jan 20, 2021 4:37 AM
May 2016
is this another harem anime? I got excited when I saw poster, but if it's harem I'll pass.
Jan 20, 2021 5:10 AM

Aug 2019
The character designs look super slick and subtle, so I'm hoping they can translate that to animation well enough. The synopsis is just interesting enough for me to want to check this out.
Jan 20, 2021 5:21 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Omae wa mou, shindeiru
Jan 20, 2021 5:59 AM
May 2018
ninka22 said:
is this another harem anime? I got excited when I saw poster, but if it's harem I'll pass.
You poor clueless bastard 😟😒😤
Jan 20, 2021 6:40 AM
May 2016
Looks interesting, sounds interesting, studio is pretty amature, so I'm interested if they can pull this off

The show's poster looks pretty good, a nice interpretation of the LN art below it. I'll definitely look forward to this one
Jan 20, 2021 6:44 AM

Feb 2020
Caught my interest. Yeah, this feels somewhat similar to Gosick, so I have high hopes in this one.
Jan 20, 2021 6:48 AM

Aug 2008
Premise makes it look like it's worth a shot but staff and studio are a huge turn off. Studio with barely any track record and what they have is crap, director that never directed anything and writer that never worked on anything decent.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 20, 2021 7:11 AM
Aug 2018
Antanaru said:
Premise makes it look like it's worth a shot but staff and studio are a huge turn off. Studio with barely any track record and what they have is crap, director that never directed anything and writer that never worked on anything decent.

The scores for those series are only because of the source material, the animation aspect for all of these are good and ENGL is a mini studio based off Kadokawa so while it’s new it has decent people working in it. Can’t really say anything for the writer and director but usually as long as they stay with the source material it’ll be fine
Jan 20, 2021 8:47 AM
Jan 2018
LoganMcClure21 said:
Antanaru said:

The scores for those series are only because of the source material, the animation aspect for all of these are good and ENGL is a mini studio based off Kadokawa so while it’s new it has decent people working in it. Can’t really say anything for the writer and director but usually as long as they stay with the source material it’ll be fine

Disagree.
Kemono Michi lost its steam in every aspect, where the only good animation cut was in like episode 2.
And Uzaki-chan used CGI background characters.
Nothing praiseworty.
Jan 20, 2021 11:22 AM

Jul 2019
I really want to see this anime AAAAAAAAAAAA
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Jan 20, 2021 11:38 AM

Nov 2014
I've never heard about this title, but that synopsis sounds very interesting.
Jan 21, 2021 5:52 PM

Nov 2019
From the synopsis, the vibes is similar to Gosick. I really have high hopes for this one.
Jan 22, 2021 12:15 AM

Jul 2016
The artstyle seems simplified. Its difficult to emulate Umibouzo designs. The staff is underwhelming. Its from a mediocre studio. Seems they sure of this one, because its too fast to got an anime adaption.

Jan 22, 2021 9:39 AM
Jan 2017
Katake_ali313 said:
Are you kidding me?
Studio is nahh
Why why
The staff is not good

only thing wrong with this studio rn is that they only get given trash manga series, this LN should be their defining series to show whether their good or trash. Studio ENGI has only been alive for 1 or 2 years so their just starting up. You should see MAPPA, they made trash shit without the help of other studios. Look at them now.
Jul 5, 2021 10:01 AM
Feb 2018
Katake_ali313 said:
Are you kidding me?
Studio is nahh
Why why
The staff is not good

I think the animation of first eps is pretty good

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
42 minutes ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.