Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Edens Zero
Available on Manga Store
New
Fairy Tail and Eden Zero related or not?
Jan 20, 2021 4:10 AM
Sep 2018
I have only watched like 60 something episodes of Fairy Tale.

So, can I watch it?

or rather is there any connection between these two?

sequel?

Or STANDALONE?
KizurkMar 15, 2021 2:19 AM
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Jan 20, 2021 4:42 AM
Jan 2018
Ciezul said:

So, can I watch it?

There is no connection as Mashima has said that Rave, FT and EZ are in different universes.
Jan 20, 2021 4:46 AM
Jun 2020
This show doesn’t have anything to do with fairy tail they only similarity it has is the characters
Jan 20, 2021 5:08 AM
Sep 2018
symrak55 said:
Ciezul said:

So, can I watch it?

There is no connection as Mashima has said that Rave, FT and EZ are in different universes.

thanks. that's good no know

Gnat54321 said:
This show doesn’t have anything to do with fairy tail they only similarity it has is the characters

thanks...
Jan 20, 2021 7:54 AM
May 2016
Bruh it's not a sequel
It's a different story
Jan 20, 2021 10:41 AM

May 2013
There is absolutely no relation to any of Mashima’s works. Just that there is just similarities in the protagonists name...which is usually names of seasons but the actual story and setting is different. He might just add visually similar characters but they are all standalone.

Jan 21, 2021 12:18 AM

Jan 2009
completely different story but same faces and abilities of some characters but not all characters
Jan 21, 2021 9:15 AM

Nov 2018
Well no Fairy Tail and Edens Zero are complete different universes, they are two stories which go on their own... So no need to watch Fairy Tail before this since the plot is not related.
But on the other hand, Mashima makes a LOT of references to his own previous works so yeah you basically have many elements of Rave and FT in Edens Zero, but see it as an auto-reference, a Mashima-verse, like the Trigger-verse in some way.
Jan 22, 2021 5:39 PM

Jul 2017
Yeah, this is its own series. You don't need to have even heard of Fairy Tail to get into this.

Jan 23, 2021 10:25 AM

May 2018
Fairy Tail has nothing to do with Edens Zero.
Jan 26, 2021 10:31 AM
Jan 2021
Dont worry, Edens Zero is not a sequel or even spin-off of Fairy Tail.

Its just the creator of this series just kind of lazy. He basically only changing the name character and setting of story. The story is kind of good but you kind of DISTURBED if you already see Fairy Tail because of the same character design and terminology.

Like REALLY, many of the people dislike it not because the story but he just giving too many REFERENCE from his previous series so it felt like he only copying (or plagiating it, i dont know the right word to be honest) without having any of creative idea to his new series.
Jan 26, 2021 5:12 PM
May 2018

Its just the creator of this series just kind of lazy. He basically only changing the name character and setting of story. The story is kind of good but you kind of DISTURBED if you already see Fairy Tail because of the same character design and terminology.

Like REALLY, many of the people dislike it not because the story but he just giving too many REFERENCE from his previous series so it felt like he only copying (or plagiating it, i dont know the right word to be honest) without having any of creative idea to his new series.

Hiro Mashima is considered one of the most hardworking manga artists. He draws faster and more than many other authors. He is by no means lazy.
I advise you to find and read about the Osamu Tezuka's Star System. Hiro Mashima uses this system, as he has talked about many times.
Jan 30, 2021 7:26 AM

Oct 2016
First of all, it's called Fairy Tail, NOT Fairy Tale. It's something different like everyone said. I personally would've preferred more of the same universe, tbh, such use the Hundred Year Quest, more Zero, Sabretooth and so on, but I'm curious to see this, as the title is not as NPC as Rave lol

----

RealMe_Official said:

You cannot commit plagiarism of yourself. It goes without saying lol There's nothing wrong with picturing the same characters being different in different universes. If you don't like, don't watch.
Jan 30, 2021 12:21 PM
Jan 2021
ViktorZhukov2018 said:

Hiro Mashima is considered one of the most hardworking manga artists. He draws faster and more than many other authors. He is by no means lazy.
I advise you to find and read about the Osamu Tezuka's Star System. Hiro Mashima uses this system, as he has talked about many times.

If you were talking about setting and story, i aggree about it. I already mention it lol. I am not talking about his laziness in his drawing, just the some character design and name technique (like Meteor and Grand Chariot), heck even the movement and gesture is exactly the same. It just felt wrong if you just call it reference.

TrueDragonPrince said:
First of all, it's called Fairy Tail, NOT Fairy Tale. It's something different like everyone said. I personally would've preferred more of the same universe, tbh, such use the Hundred Year Quest, more Zero, Sabretooth and so on, but I'm curious to see this, as the title is not as NPC as Rave lol

----

RealMe_Official said:

You cannot commit plagiarism of yourself. It goes without saying lol There's nothing wrong with picturing the same characters being different in different universes. If you don't like, don't watch.

I just give you my opinion so dont get angry lol. I just read it because the story kind of interesting, but still it make me felt weird watching it. Same feeling like when you see Scarlet Johanson in ghost in the shell. Different movie, but both film felt like same black widow from marvel movie, not different character.
RealMe_OfficialJan 30, 2021 1:05 PM
Feb 2, 2021 5:07 PM

Oct 2016
RealMe_Official said:

I just give you my opinion so dont get angry lol. I just read it because the story kind of interesting, but still it make me felt weird watching it. Same feeling like when you see Scarlet Johanson in ghost in the shell. Different movie, but both film felt like same black widow from marvel movie, not different character.

I understand what you mean. I'm just used to people talking about plagiarism without understanding what it means. Literal websites with references all over each page and bibliographies at the end of each page, and people still commenting about "plagiarised material" lol
Feb 4, 2021 5:44 AM
Dec 2020
[quote=Ciezul message=61750531]I have only watched like 60 something episodes of Fairy Tale.

well basically
the author of fairy tail , rave master , edens zero are the same
so you might find similarities in character designs
but still fairy tail is worth a try
Feb 13, 2021 4:33 AM
Jan 2018
100 year quest is the sequal to fairy tail not this
Feb 22, 2021 8:45 AM
May 2016
don't worry, you're in the clear to watch this without watching Fairy Tail
Mar 3, 2021 7:52 PM
Jan 2020
there has nothing to do with Fairy Tail, it's a different story. Edens Zero the genre is scifi while Fairy Tail the genre is magic
Mar 5, 2021 4:56 AM

May 2015
TrueDragonPrince said:

You cannot commit plagiarism of yourself. It goes without saying lol

wtf
Don't state wrong information.
Of course it's plagiarism to copy even if it's your own work. In writing, as long as the previous work is already published, you gotta credit the sources even if that implies crediting yourself.
I'm not saying the author did it. But if he's called for it, he better acknowledge that he reused his ideas.
Mar 9, 2021 10:04 PM

Oct 2016
anikevin said:
TrueDragonPrince said:

You cannot commit plagiarism of yourself. It goes without saying lol

wtf
Don't state wrong information.
Of course it's plagiarism to copy even if it's your own work. In writing, as long as the previous work is already published, you gotta credit the sources even if that implies crediting yourself.
I'm not saying the author did it. But if he's called for it, he better acknowledge that he reused his ideas.

Not really, no. The IP belongs to him.

Crediting oneself in the academic environment is only useful to help people expand on the subject, not a matter of plagiarism. You cannot steal from yourself. It does not make any sense.
Mar 11, 2021 11:25 PM

Feb 2019
Ye, why not

Its different story.
Mar 13, 2021 2:32 PM

Jun 2014
If you think you'd need to watch Death Note before watching Bakuman..
Irony aside, @Ciezul, you created a thread title with a question and a poll with the opposite question, that's why the results are messed up.

For future watchers that come to this thread and are in confusion :
Faity Tail and Edens Zero are NOT related
zRogueMar 13, 2021 2:36 PM
Mar 14, 2021 9:42 AM
Oct 2020
Bro...wtf is this fairy tale re skin lmao
Mar 15, 2021 2:21 AM
Sep 2018
zRogue said:
If you think you'd need to watch Death Note before watching Bakuman..
Irony aside, @Ciezul, you created a thread title with a question and a poll with the opposite question, that's why the results are messed up.

For future watchers that come to this thread and are in confusion :
Faity Tail and Edens Zero are NOT related

Now I see it... result is very confusing.. now I understand

not sequel or something thing that
Mar 15, 2021 3:53 AM
Jul 2020
HolyAmaan said:
Bro...wtf is this fairy tale re skin lmao
It's just Hiro Mashima's way of designing his manga. It's an actual thing called 'Osamu Tezuka's Star System' that refers to recurring characters with differences to personality, design, and setting. It's actually a Hollywood practice as well called 'star system', where the film director uses the same actors on multiple movies. The only ones that are straight up part of this practice are Happy and Plue, while the rest look similar but have different names.

Some might consider this lazy, but to be honest, Edens Zero has enough aesthetic colour and difference to its characters that you barely even realize it when you read it enough.
Mar 21, 2021 7:57 PM
May 2015
not related, but hell the characters are really just a 1:1 copy from fairy tale.... he could at least try something creative
Mar 21, 2021 10:22 PM
May 2018
killoff said:
not related, but hell the characters are really just a 1:1 copy from fairy tale.... he could at least try something creative

You could try reading the manga to see that the characters are also quite different.
Mar 22, 2021 8:04 AM

Aug 2020
the only thing I noticed (I didn’t watch much of FT) was the kitten whose name I forgot. I found the identical animal among the anime
▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ 🍙 █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃  ▂ ▁
Mar 22, 2021 6:20 PM

Feb 2016
Gnat54321 said:

Oh boy it does. They both suck.
Mar 25, 2021 6:21 AM
Jan 2018
ViktorZhukov2018 said:
killoff said:

You could try reading the manga to see that the characters are also quite different.

They won’t none of them that says that will
Mar 25, 2021 10:58 PM

Jan 2018
YES! you can watch this without watching Fairytail, same goes for Fairytail, you can watch it without having to watch rave master. Mahima will tend to use similar character designs so you might remind this and that characters from his prvious works. But the story, plot and setting are comepletely different from each other so you don't have to watch his previous works.
Mar 26, 2021 2:45 AM
May 2015
Mattinator95 said:
ViktorZhukov2018 said:

They won’t none of them that says that will

weird because I´ve read the whole Fairy Tale manga. all chapters and spinnoffs. And tbh it´s not really good, the last quarter was trash - so why would I read another manga of the same author which characters look exactly the same.
I never said they have the same personality but you can´t deny they look exactly the same. Shiki is Natsu, Rebecca is Lucy, Elsie is Erza.... etc
Mar 28, 2021 6:42 AM

Jul 2012
Its just the mangaka being genius. With absolute minimum effort, he shits out a "not fairy tail" series and prints money. I respect Hiro Mashima. It takes around 3 days to draw a chapter and he is done lmao.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2021 9:05 PM
Oct 2015
No, but it feels like a fairy tail 2.0 with a different theme.

I personally dont like this "star system" thing, seems to me that the author is lazy for repeating character design all the time, but it might be your thing.
Mar 31, 2021 10:16 PM
Jul 2016
They are not related. I don't read Eden Zero, but the character design is similar to Fairy Tail. They are like doppelganger of Fairy Tail character, but I think that's a artistic choice. Like Sakura of Cardcaptor Sakura appear in other CLAMP works.
Mar 31, 2021 11:39 PM

Oct 2017
No they are not related. They are from the same author, that's all.
Apr 1, 2021 5:00 PM

Jan 2008
Fairy Tail has nothing to do with Edens Zero.

Then you look at the characters and you think to yourself "have I ever seen those faces before?"

I ain't hatin' here and I've seen multiple products coming from the same source but it is a little tiny bit over the fuckin' top here. All i'm sayin'.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2021

45 by nessflamvell1992 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:26 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2021

50 by amf85 »»
Nov 12, 2023 8:19 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2021

33 by Yubisoft »»
Oct 17, 2023 11:57 AM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deg - Mar 29, 2021

162 by nyankana »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:39 PM

Poll: » Edens Zero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Mar 29, 2021

123 by NatsuDragneel33 »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.