Forum Settings
Forums

LIST OF MANGA WITH ACTUAL ROMANCE (Last Updated January 2024) + Alphabetical Spreadsheet

New
Nov 7, 2020 5:13 PM

Jul 2017
*Feel free to share this post with anyone

In lieu of the previous list about Anime with actual romance I've decided to release the unofficial sequel, and delve into the manga side of things.

Quite frankly, romance in manga is infinitely better than it is in anime with tons of more hidden gems, so it is a shame when almost every romance manga rec threads end up getting the exact same recs of popular series' each and every time.

Note on suggestions:I really do recommend if you have anything not listed and/or changes to series' already listed, then please do feel free to suggest them and I will add them to the list
LINK TO SPREADSHEET

READ ENTIRE POST, PLEASE!

Introduction
Welcome to the romance manga list. This is a list of manga that highlights the romantic quality present within them (subjective of course) alongside a few other things, for quick and easy searching. The goal of this list is to not only bring attention to underappreciated series', but to also answer common recommendation questions, about notable tags. The list is divided into multiple sections, each of which will be explained below (also an explanation on the spreadsheet itself). A majority of the information present regarding the manga will come directly from MangaDex, as that is a far more reliable source from manga compared to say, MAL.

*Note: In seeing the list, you will inadvertently be spoiled to some extent on things romance related within the series, so do take precautions

Name
It's......the name. Ones with '(H)' indicate they're hentai doujinshi's, whereas ones with '(S)' indicate they're smut (story with sex scenes involved) manga. '(GL)' indicates yuri manga, and '(BL)' indicates yaoi manga.

*Note that hentai doujinshi's are only acceptable if they contain more than 1 chapter (although that may be subjective to change), as well as containing some actual story to it. For now, there are no plans on including pure oneshots (not counting ones included in Anthologies) however that is subject to change fuk it, oneshots too are allowed, so long as there is an actual proper story to them

Type
Defining whether the entry is either in manga, light novel, Web Comic, Oneshot (Anthology) or manhua format (any non-Japan series would be inputted as "Manhua")

Country of Origin
Where the series originates. For series' that have dual Japanese release (usually with some Korean comics), it will be marked with ideally what is represented on MangaDex

Kiss
Whether or not there is a proper kiss somewhere within the series.

For a Kiss to be counted, it has to have been either purely consensual, or consensual enough within the context i.e., a surprise kiss from the main partner. It also needs to have been explicitly shown, or at least implied enough to get the point across i.e., a kiss behind a curtain where only the silhouettes are shown

Sex
Same as above, except with whether the characters have had intercourse or no.

Similar as above, the actual sex itself has to be mostly consensual, with the context/tone of the series being taken into account. In other words, rape does not count, but a typical josei smut "she says no but is really saying yes" would (unless it pretty much becomes borderline rape then fuk that shit). There should be either: explicit showcasing they had sex e.g., Honnou Switch, or explicit/partially implicit showcasing that sex shortly followed e.g., Horimiya, Kimi ga Kirai na Koi no Hanashi

Demographic
The target demographic of the series

Chapter Count
Indicates how many chapters of the series are currently translated (in English), not including official releases. Ideally, chapter amounts would be taken from MangaDex, or any other well known site (Mangafox, Bato, etc.)

They are also colour coded to give a quick sense as to the overall length,

*Note firstly, this will be updated every once in a while when I end up feeling like it, so it may take some time for all the series' to be filled. Secondly, for series' with constantly updating chapters (like Kaguya-sama for instance), it would be difficult for me to constantly update the list each and every time, so be wary when looking at those kinds of series'

Genres
The genres of the series, as taken from Mangadex if available (because MAL has way too basic tags)

Romance Content
How much romance is present within the series. For simplicity, this will be divided into 3 categories

*Note that for some series', these classifications only apply to the latest currently translated chapter available, so they are subject to change a lot

Type
The overall tone (i.e., mood, atmosphere) of the series

Notable Themes
Various tags designed to help filter out different aspects of a series that one might be looking for

Requesting Additions
In order to request an addition to this list, simply leave a message stating the following information:
Please do not PM me or leave a comment on my profile.

Manga Name
      Type, Country of Origin, Demographic (if applicable)
      MAL/MangaDex Link (preferably MangaDex if possible)
      How Far Does the Romance Go? (Full couple development? Mostly teasing until the end? Hardly any progress?) (Indicate whether you'd say it's 'High', 'Normal' , or 'Low' based on the criteria)
      Do The Protagonists Kiss and/or have sex?
      Any Other Relevant Information/notable themes taken from the options above? (optional) (Please also include the Tone of the series if you can)

For example, if you want the addition of the manga Mairimashita, Senpai, you would leave a message saying:

Manga Name
Mairimashita, Senpai

Manga, Japan, Shoujo

Mangadex Link Link (if applicable)
https://mangadex.org/title/c10740eb-12b5-4bfe-b933-56e9fb8fc58d/mairimashita-senpai

How far does the romance go?
The romance goes quite far. They get together pretty much at the start and the series focuses on their development. Overall, high amounts of romance

Do the protagonists kiss/sex?
Yes, they do. Both of them

Any other relevant information
Super mature relationship with lots of both flirting, and communication. Very normal tone. Notable themes would include 'Early Couple'

Deviations from this format are okay. The important thing is that the message and information is clear in order for there not to be any misunderstandings.

Suggesting Changes
If you notice a typo, error, or any kind of misrepresented information, simply leave a message stating what is wrong and how it should be fixed. There is no need to follow a format.

Please note that there are bound to be disagreements regarding what qualifies for this list. It is impossible for me to fact-check every submission so I just have to trust the word of the submitter. An manga might have a kiss scene, but is the kiss out of love is it coerced? I obviously cannot check out every manga to check this, so there might be some information on this list that is taken out of context. Therefore, if you feel as if something should not be on this list, please point it out to me and explain why it should not be on here, and I will do my best to consider your reasoning and apply appropriate changes.
Short_CircutJan 24, 10:04 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 7, 2020 5:53 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Whee! I already told you this, but good job on creating this list!

Let me already give you some additions (lol)

I'll be back with more :)

Anyways, good job! I'll be looking forward to seeing this list fill up.
Nov 7, 2020 6:21 PM

Jul 2017
I also added, for future reference for suggestions, please indicate both the overall Tone of the series as well as what you would label the RC as (High, Medium, Low)

Phloup said:
Whee! I already told you this, but good job on creating this list!

Let me already give you some additions (lol)

I'll be back with more :)

Anyways, good job! I'll be looking forward to seeing this list fill up.

merci beaucoup

although I have to say,

Manga Name
Armor Amour

Type, Country of Origin, Demographic
Manga, Japan, Josei

MAL Link
https://myanimelist.net/manga/85991

Fairly far, they already going out at the start of the manga.

Yes, both (sex is implied)

Early Couple; Pure Wholesomeness; Strong Relationship

this one's already there under its alternate name 'Ama Ama' lul

Nov 7, 2020 6:29 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Short_Circut said:

this one's already there under its alternate name 'Ama Ama' lul

Huh, I probably should've checked the synonyms too.

And for the RC and tones:

"Watashi ga Inakute mo Shiawase ni Natte Kudasai" Nante, Fuzakenna.
RC: Medium
Tone: In the middle of normal and dark, but probably more normal

Bonnouji
RC: High
Tone: Light

Fukakai na Boku no Subete wo
Tone: Normal

Fuufu Ijou, Koibito Miman.
Tone: Normal
Nov 8, 2020 10:41 AM
Manga Moderator
Flying Stingray

Feb 2015
Oh my, this list is just begging me to add some. I'll definitely find some of my favs not on this list later. (`▽´)
Nov 8, 2020 11:23 AM
Manga Moderator
Flying Stingray

Feb 2015
Might add some more later. Here are some for now. I tried to stay away from the short things that are obvious romance (like all the BL i read ^^;) All of these are manga btw.

Manga Name
See You Later, Mermaid

Japan

MAL Link (if applicable) (Please do not hyperlink this)
https://myanimelist.net/manga/125422/See_You_Later_Mermaid

I wanted to avoid reccing short series with an obvious focus on romance but this BL is just so top-tier.

Yes and yes (only in tankoubun for the sex)

Childhood friends -> lovers
—-
Manga Name
Sensei Kunshu

Japan, Shoujo

https://myanimelist.net/manga/56233/Sensei_Kunshu

They get together early on, date, eventually get married. They have a kid in the epilogue.

Yes and yes.

Some semi-relevant love triangles, but they don't overstay their welcome. Student-teacher relationship.

—-
Manga Name
Superior/Superior Cross (sequel)

Japan, Shounen

https://myanimelist.net/manga/1533/Superior

So much ANGST. Professing their love... Yeah.

Yes and no.

Enemies to lovers :pensive:

—-
Manga Name
10-manbun no 1

Japan, Shoujo

https://myanimelist.net/manga/95578/10-manbun_no_1

They get together in like, chapter 3. Then it's about their relationship and the TRAGEDY.

Yes and yes

—-
Manga Name
Futsugyou: Dansou Majutsushi to Kin no Kishi

Japan

https://myanimelist.net/manga/121340/Futsugyou__Dansou_Majutsushi_to_Kin_no_Kishi

ML swears fealty to her, not knowing she is female.
Yes and no.

No real love triangles.
—-
Manga Name
Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru

Japan

https://myanimelist.net/manga/125052/Yamada-kun_to_Lv999_no_Koi_wo_Suru

Slight age gap? College student + high school boy. There's love triangle shenanigans.
—-
Manga Name
Akatsuki no Yona

Japan, Shoujo

https://myanimelist.net/manga/21525/Akatsuki_no_Yona

Yes and no

Childhood friends, Love triangles, Strong relationship. Lots of focus on other stuff, so not a strong romance tone.
—-
Manga Name
Raise wo Chikatte Tensei shitara Taihen na Koto ni Natta

Japan

https://myanimelist.net/manga/124704/Raise_wo_Chikatte_Tensei_shitara_Taihen_na_Koto_ni_Natta

Nothing yet besides dates

Don't think so

Huge age gap. He was older in previous life, now she is older. So ig both ways.
—-
Manga Name
Mahoutsukai no Konyakusha

Japan

https://myanimelist.net/manga/113115/Mahoutsukai_no_Konyakusha

They get engaged super early. Get married after volume 2? or 3, idr.

Yes and implied

Childhood friends, mental age gap (she is older in her mind if you combine the previous life.) Slight love triangle stuff, but played more for angst!!
Nov 8, 2020 11:40 AM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Back with more:

Nov 8, 2020 12:33 PM

Jul 2017
@stinghy I present to you the unofficial award for having the 1st BL entry on the list :P

also, how depressing does 10-manbun no 1 get? Are we talking about having to classify it as 'Dark' tone depressing, or just tugging on the kokoro levels depressing lol

@Phloup and once again, merci

Phloup said:

Manga Name
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

shivers
Nov 8, 2020 1:44 PM
Manga Moderator
Flying Stingray

Feb 2015
Short_Circut said:
@stinghy I present to you the unofficial award for having the 1st BL entry on the list :P

also, how depressing does 10-manbun no 1 get? Are we talking about having to classify it as 'Dark' tone depressing, or just tugging on the kokoro levels depressing lol

Hmmm, like, I definitely cried, but I cry easily, so it doesn't say much. It's overall uplifting (everyone is so supportive). I wouldn't say it's dark, just sad. :'(

I've read it a few times and each time my kokoro cries.
Nov 10, 2020 9:16 AM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017

Short_Circut said:

Phloup said:

Manga Name
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

shivers

lol
Nov 10, 2020 4:58 PM

Jul 2017
Phloup said:

Short_Circut said:

shivers

lol

thank you for thy contributions

Manga Name
Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san

Manga, Japan

MAL Link
https://myanimelist.net/manga/110737

Not very far.

Nope, neither

Pure Wholesomeness; Gyaru; No Love Triangle

RC: Low

Honestly never understood the appeal of those types of series', but oh well

also wtf is with that husband going back to fuck his wife series lmao, the cover makes it look like some ugly bastard hentai
Nov 10, 2020 5:39 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
Short_Circut said:

also wtf is with that husband going back to fuck his wife series lmao, the cover makes it look like some ugly bastard hentai

Yeah, the "teasing" type of romance definitely seems to have become more popular recently. I find them to be rather cute, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Also, that other manga essentially is just an ugly bastard wanting to take his wife's virginity. It's a really creepy and messed up concept, but I actually enjoyed this one (it's probably a guilty pleasure type of manga). But I have a feeling that it isn't your type of manga, so probably avoid it (lol)

Also, another one:
Manga Name
Tsurutsuru to Zarazara no Aida

Manga, Japan, Seinen

MAL Link
https://myanimelist.net/manga/63775

The couple start dating very early, but after that, there relationship does not make any significant progress

Kiss, yes. Sex, no.

Early Couple; Pure Wholesomeness

Nov 10, 2020 7:40 PM

Jul 2017
Phloup said:
Short_Circut said:

Yeah, the "teasing" type of romance definitely seems to have become more popular recently. I find them to be rather cute, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Also, that other manga essentially is just an ugly bastard wanting to take his wife's virginity. It's a really creepy and messed up concept, but I actually enjoyed this one (it's probably a guilty pleasure type of manga). But I have a feeling that it isn't your type of manga, so probably avoid it (lol)

Also, another one:
Manga Name
Tsurutsuru to Zarazara no Aida

Manga, Japan, Seinen

MAL Link
https://myanimelist.net/manga/63775

The couple start dating very early, but after that, there relationship does not make any significant progress

Kiss, yes. Sex, no.

Early Couple; Pure Wholesomeness

yea, I always found that with teasing series', it really depends on the intensity of the teases as well as how the one being teased reacts. Like something like Bunny Girl Senpai or Pretend-Lovers Serenade I find to be a good balance but ones like Takagi or (from what I hear) Nagatoro are just more infuriating/annoying than cute xdd, but to each their own I guess.

y'know now I'm morbidly curious in checking out that weird manga

Nov 11, 2020 10:16 PM

Dec 2019
Thanks for creating this list, as well as maintaining the romance anime list. Definitely going to add many of these to my reading list.
Here we go again...
Nov 12, 2020 8:56 AM

Jul 2019
The hero we don't deserve but need. Imma keep this on watched. If I can find more, I will do what I can to add them.
Nov 12, 2020 9:30 AM

Jan 2020
Manga Name

Kyuuai Étranger

Manga, Japan

MAL Link

https://myanimelist.net/manga/120507

How Far Does the Romance Go?

It depends on which chapter we are talking about. This manga is a collection of various short stories, so not all the chapters have the same level of romance. But I would say most chapters have high level of romance.

Well, it's a hentai manga, so the main characters do have sex. And luckily, there are kiss scenes as well.

Any Other Relevant Information/notable themes taken from the options above?

Kyuuai Étranger is a hentai manga, so you might not expect much romance to be there, but it is one of the very few hentai manga that, I believe, actually has plenty of romance. There isn't even any sort of harem. Every story features two characters who are actually in love with each other, or at least have some genuine feelings for each other, which makes all the stories much more enjoyable to read.
Nov 12, 2020 4:38 PM

Jul 2017
EddyFiend said:
Thanks for creating this list, as well as maintaining the romance anime list. Definitely going to add many of these to my reading list.

whatever it takes to get those series' out there :P

@IrrelevantGuy thanks for the series, love me some good wholesome hentai

Highjacking this reply to talk about some updates:

Chapter Count
Indicates how many chapters of the series are currently translated (in English), not including official releases. Ideally, chapter amounts would be taken from MangaDex, or any other well known site (Mangafox, Bato, etc.)

They are also colour coded to give a quick sense as to the overall length,

*Note firstly, this will be updated every once in a while when I end up feeling like it, so it may take some time for all the series' to be filled. Secondly, for series' with constantly updating chapters (like Kaguya-sama for instance), it would be difficult for me to constantly update the list each and every time, so be wary when looking at those kinds of series'

I have now added a way to filter the list by the specific tags, in the event you want to search all the series' classified as such. Unfortunately, because Google Sheets is a giant asshat which doesn't allow 'Viewers' to have access to dropdown lists, I had to use a more bruteforce method. Currently there are 2 different options;

- The first, is having all the tags present on a single sheet with the corresponding series' listed below them, where you would have to scroll left and right to view the different tags and their series' (this sheet is labeled as Beta #1)

- The second, involves having each tag on its own separate sheet, so you can just pick and view whichever specific sheet you want in order to see the series'

I am looking for feedback on which method is more preferred, so it'd be nice if I could get some there

Planning on adding "Tomboy" as a tag in the future

that's all for my tedtalk
Jan 4, 2021 7:57 AM

Aug 2016
My recommendations

2shizukasensei88Jan 4, 2021 11:43 AM
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
Professional Supreme Gentleman - 恋人はあなたが選んだ兄弟です
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeElitism/ (AnimeElitism Reddit)
https://discord.gg/4kdGsFG (Dead Discord)
2静か先生88#7307
Jan 4, 2021 9:32 AM

Jul 2017
2shizukasensei88 said:
My recommendations

much appreciated

Manga Name
Taiyou no Ie

Manga, Japan, Shoujo

MAL Link
https://myanimelist.net/manga/26736/Taiyou_no_Ie

Implied marriage at the end.

Kiss

None

this one is already there kek

Jan 6, 2021 7:34 PM

Feb 2018
Some recommendations from me :

Jan 7, 2021 7:52 AM

Jul 2017
@Syureria

Manga Name
Velvet Kiss

Manga, Japan

MAL Link
https://myanimelist.net/manga/22638/Velvet_Kiss

I don't really understand, as far as they continue this relationship. I also doubt whether sexfriend can be categorized as romance but

Yes and yes, Almost all chapters

What is love?

This is not hentai manga, it's true theyre always have sex. I like this manga because some of the stories in this manga are real that Was happend on real life and teenagers are caught in it. Is it just about fucking a girl having sex? of course NO ... I recommend this for those of you who want to have new experiences in romance, and also what is Tears?

this one is already there, but thanks for the other 2!

About the LN (Kanojo no Imouto to Kiss shita), does the MC literally waver between his gf and his step-sister lmao? Or is he like completely devoted to gf?
Jan 7, 2021 8:05 AM

Feb 2018
Short_Circut said:
About the LN (Kanojo no Imouto to Kiss shita), does the MC literally waver between his gf and his step-sister lmao? Or is he like completely devoted to gf?
This is still a mystery, I only read until chapter 12 and it is the most recent.

MC is still hesitant about choosing a step sister or GF, but in volume 1, the step sister appears more frequently than GF. For now Imouto win, xD.

I prefer Imouto than GF, lul
Jan 7, 2021 9:04 AM

Jul 2017
Syureria said:
Short_Circut said:
This is still a mystery, I only read until chapter 12 and it is the most recent.

MC is still hesitant about choosing a step sister or GF, but in volume 1, the step sister appears more frequently than GF. For now Imouto win, xD.

I prefer Imouto than GF, lul

damn so is this like semi-NTR then where the MC spends all the time with the imouto and then will eventually break up with his gf lol.

idk why this happens so much with pre-existing couples in shounen-y romances :P
Jan 30, 2021 6:42 AM

Jan 2020
Ooh I have some recs as well!!

OtakuCakesJan 30, 2021 7:53 AM
You jump to the right and you shake that hand

You jump to the left and you shake that hand

Meet new friends

Tie that yarn

And that's how you do the Scarn

Woo
Jan 30, 2021 10:22 AM

Jul 2017
OtakuCakes said:
Ooh I have some recs as well!!

thanks for the recs!

Manga Name
Kanojo ni naru hi

Japan, manga

MAL Link
https://myanimelist.net/manga/54817/Kanojo_ni_Naru_Hi

High

Kiss and have sex

Gender bender, no love triangle

this one is already there

As for Citrus, does it really not have any love triangle lol? Granted I can only speak for the anime, but hell it seemed like a harem let alone love triangle :P

Jan 30, 2021 7:31 PM

Jan 2020
Short_Circut said:

As for Citrus, does it really not have any love triangle lol? Granted I can only speak for the anime, but hell it seemed like a harem let alone love triangle :P

Oh no there is no love triangle, meaning there is no solid second female love interest in the manga.
You jump to the right and you shake that hand

You jump to the left and you shake that hand

Meet new friends

Tie that yarn

And that's how you do the Scarn

Woo
May 30, 2021 2:47 AM
Sep 2020
Is it possible to add something where it says if there's an anime or show adaption?
May 30, 2021 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
joyrrhea said:
Is it possible to add something where it says if there's an anime or show adaption?

hmm, that's a good suggestion, but I took a look and out of 895 entries only ~30 of them actually have adaptations, so I don't think it would be worthwhile to add another column that would be filled with 'No' for a majority of it (I could colour code the entries, but then that would mess with BL/GL entries like Bloom Into You for instance)

Jun 1, 2021 9:25 AM

Jul 2019
smh.

Manga Name
Fujiyama-san wa Shishunki

>Type: Manga
>Origin: Japan
>Demographic: Seinen (idk if that actually means anything tho)

https://myanimelist.net/manga/60095/Fujiyama-san_wa_Shishunki

Early Couple; Pure Wholesomeness; Hugs; idk what else you want me to say but it is amazing.

>Kiss: No (I don't remember but 67 Discussion checks out more times than once)
>Sex: No

Childhood Friend; No Love Triangle

Some other stuff: 3 mins per chapter; not heavy dialogue

Manga Name
Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia
Insomniacs After School

https://myanimelist.net/manga/121213/Kimi_wa_Houkago_Insomnia

Couple; idk what else you want me to say but it is amazing.

>Kiss: Yes

Publishing; Strong Relationship

Some other stuff: 3 mins per chapter; not heavy dialogue

Manga Name
Neko no Otera no Chion-san

https://myanimelist.net/manga/102458/Neko_no_Otera_no_Chion-san

Nowhere yet.

>Kiss: No

Publishing Scans

legit what else should I say?
Jun 1, 2021 3:23 PM

Jul 2017
@NextUniverse thanks for the recs

NextUniverse said:

Manga Name
Neko no Otera no Chion-san

https://myanimelist.net/manga/102458/Neko_no_Otera_no_Chion-san

Nowhere yet.

>Kiss: No

Publishing Scans

does this one even have any romance lmao? Granted I've only read like 7 chapters but it seems dead af on that front
Jun 2, 2021 1:46 PM

Jul 2019
Short_Circut said:
NextUniverse said:

does this one even have any romance lmao? Granted I've only read like 7 chapters but it seems dead af on that front
been some time since I have read these, but I do think that Gen was actively trying to get with Chion on a romantic level. I can't remember if there are hugs, there is a ton of wholesome tho. Idk, if you want me to run through it again I can.
Jun 2, 2021 1:53 PM

Jul 2019
also, I have this......................

Manga Name
Tamen De Gushi
SQ: Begin W/Your Name!

>Type: Manhua
>Origin: China
>Demographic: n/a

https://myanimelist.net/manga/93516/SQ__Begin_W_Your_Name

Couple

>Kiss: Yes

Publishing; Girls Love; Strong Female Lead(?? maybe not)

Can read in webtoon format I guess.

Jun 2, 2021 7:42 PM

Jul 2017
NextUniverse said:
Short_Circut said:

been some time since I have read these, but I do think that Gen was actively trying to get with Chion on a romantic level. I can't remember if there are hugs, there is a ton of wholesome tho. Idk, if you want me to run through it again I can.

yea the dude seemed to have early feelings for the girl, but the girl seemed like the dense type that couldn't care less lol. Oh well it is what it is. thanks for the other rec too
Jun 13, 2021 9:19 AM
Nov 2020
Tsukiatte Agetemo Ii kana or better known as So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or?
Its a Yuri Romance that comes from Japan
https://myanimelist.net/manga/117020/Tsukiatte_Agetemo_Ii_kana
https://readmanganato.com/manga-dw980705/chapter-1

High. There is a lot of development throughout the entire story. It also isn't rushed either. Its a lot of progress at a nice steady pace.

They do both. However, the actual act of sex isn't actually shown however we are shown glimpses of the before and after sex.

It's by far the best Yuri Manga I've ever read. It does away with all the common Yuri stereotypes and just writes a story about love and relationships. Everything happens naturally and nothing is ever rushed. The character's emotions are real and they aren't this unrealistic/overdramatic crap we see in other Yuri. The overall tone of the show is Normal. It's not light-hearted but it's also not dark either. I'd say it's normal with an average amount of tension and drama. Overall 10/10
AnimebegayJun 13, 2021 9:23 AM
Jun 14, 2021 5:50 PM

Jul 2017
Animebegay said:
Tsukiatte Agetemo Ii kana or better known as So, Do You Want To Go Out, Or?
Its a Yuri Romance that comes from Japan
https://myanimelist.net/manga/117020/Tsukiatte_Agetemo_Ii_kana
https://readmanganato.com/manga-dw980705/chapter-1

High. There is a lot of development throughout the entire story. It also isn't rushed either. Its a lot of progress at a nice steady pace.

They do both. However, the actual act of sex isn't actually shown however we are shown glimpses of the before and after sex.

It's by far the best Yuri Manga I've ever read. It does away with all the common Yuri stereotypes and just writes a story about love and relationships. Everything happens naturally and nothing is ever rushed. The character's emotions are real and they aren't this unrealistic/overdramatic crap we see in other Yuri. The overall tone of the show is Normal. It's not light-hearted but it's also not dark either. I'd say it's normal with an average amount of tension and drama. Overall 10/10

thanks for the rec
Jun 14, 2021 8:01 PM

Apr 2021
Oh wow thanks for the list, will be using
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Sep 9, 2021 3:20 PM

Oct 2013
Hey, I hope you don't mind me commenting to add/update a few entries

NEW:

Lonely Girl ni Sakaraenai
https://myanimelist.net/manga/123270/Lonely_Girl_ni_Sakaraenai

Medium amounts of romance, there are kisses, no sex. Yuri (GL). Tone: Normal

Shingeki no Eroko-san: Hen na Oneesan wa Danshikousei to Nakayoku Naritai
https://myanimelist.net/manga/124221/Shingeki_no_Eroko-san__Hen_na_Oneesan_wa_Danshikousei_to_Nakayoku_Naritai

High amounts of romance, early couple, kisses and sex as well. Tone: Light

Notes: Age Gap (Female)

Still Sick
https://myanimelist.net/manga/116472/Still_Sick

Medium amounts of romance, there are kisses and sex as well. Yuri (GL). Tone: Normal

Update required:

Kimi no Okaasan wo Boku ni Kudasai
Has a kiss, and is finished

Kou-2 ni Time Leap Shita Ore ga, Touji Suki datta Sensei ni Kokutta Kekka
Is finished as well, has sex as well
dadnayaSep 9, 2021 3:24 PM
Sep 9, 2021 4:25 PM

Jul 2017
@dadnaya woo thanks for the recs (and thanks for actually using the proper format lmao)

dadnaya said:
Update required:

It's mentioned in the explanations, but the 'Completed' and 'Chapter Count' sections are specifically for scanlated releases and does not account for raws or official releases (for instance, Ase to Sekken is officially completed but scanlations are only on chapter 73 so it's listed as that). afaik both of those series' are still being scanlated

but I'll update the kiss/sex section though lol
Sep 10, 2021 4:14 AM

Oct 2013
Short_Circut said:
@dadnaya woo thanks for the recs (and thanks for actually using the proper format lmao)

dadnaya said:
Update required:

It's mentioned in the explanations, but the 'Completed' and 'Chapter Count' sections are specifically for scanlated releases and does not account for raws or official releases (for instance, Ase to Sekken is officially completed but scanlations are only on chapter 73 so it's listed as that). afaik both of those series' are still being scanlated

Ahh I see, I went to read the raws for a few of them. Well, the kiss of Kimi no Okaasan happens after the scanlation so technically raws zone, and the sex in Time Leap is the same. If that counts...

I think their scanlations are just super slow.
Sep 10, 2021 10:44 AM

Apr 2020
Just finished Kimi ni Todoke and it's a bit strange that this manga isn't already here

Manga Name
Kimi ni Todoke: From me to you

Manga, Japan, Shoujo

https://myanimelist.net/manga/3378/Kimi_ni_Todoke?q=kimi%20ni&cat=manga

It's more or less all about romance, so i would say "high"

Kiss: yes
sex: I mean it's hinted in ch 122
(that's the typical shojofan for you https://puu.sh/IaoC4/969132b959.png
For me it's a bit of a joke, considering it's very vague an i would have preferred if there was a bit of more "action". I mean the sloppy kisses in Tonikawa are more erotic than this "sexscene")

not really
Sep 10, 2021 11:41 AM

Dec 2012
Idk if this is still a thing but you should freeze the manga name pane, bit of a QoL suggestion
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 10, 2021 12:13 PM

Jul 2017
dadnaya said:
Short_Circut said:

Ahh I see, I went to read the raws for a few of them. Well, the kiss of Kimi no Okaasan happens after the scanlation so technically raws zone, and the sex in Time Leap is the same. If that counts...

I think their scanlations are just super slow.

yea it's a shame they have slow releases, especially given how close they are towards the end lmao

Mascimus said:
Just finished Kimi ni Todoke and it's a bit strange that this manga isn't already here

Manga Name
Kimi ni Todoke: From me to you

Manga, Japan, Shoujo

https://myanimelist.net/manga/3378/Kimi_ni_Todoke?q=kimi%20ni&cat=manga

It's more or less all about romance, so i would say "high"

Kiss: yes
sex: I mean it's hinted in ch 122
(that's the typical shojofan for you https://puu.sh/IaoC4/969132b959.png
For me it's a bit of a joke, considering it's very vague an i would have preferred if there was a bit of more "action". I mean the sloppy kisses in Tonikawa are more erotic than this "sexscene")

not really

maybe because I never bothered to read it

Pietru said:
Idk if this is still a thing but you should freeze the manga name pane, bit of a QoL suggestion

What do you mean by that lol?
Sep 11, 2021 7:55 AM

Dec 2012
Short_Circut said:

Pietru said:

You see how cells [1] and [2] still show no matter how far you scroll down right?

I was recommending this for all the cells with [A] (A1,A2,A3, etc...) to be locked ('Freeze Panes' option) so that no matter how much the person scrolls towards the right, the title remains, therefore being able to see the manga name no matter what if they are looking for genres/themes which are on the far right of the spreadsheet
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Sep 11, 2021 9:52 AM

Jul 2017
Pietru said:
Short_Circut said:

You see how cells [1] and [2] still show no matter how far you scroll down right?

I was recommending this for all the cells with [A] (A1,A2,A3, etc...) to be locked ('Freeze Panes' option) so that no matter how much the person scrolls towards the right, the title remains, therefore being able to see the manga name no matter what if they are looking for genres/themes which are on the far right of the spreadsheet

Ah ok, that can be done then sure
Sep 15, 2021 12:34 PM
Sep 2021
Thank You, you are amazing.
Dec 15, 2021 3:43 PM
Feb 2021
Amazing work bro I also made a club for same thing but didn't work out lol.
Ratings doesn't matter only enjoyment does.
Masterpiece or mid, generic or fresh,best or worst are all subjective
Eren is goat,and aot is still a masterpiece (eg.subjective opinion)

Mar 2, 2022 7:02 AM

Feb 2020
Koiwazurai no Ellie (row 508) does actually have

and early couple + strong relationship tags. Thanks!
Please sign up for MangAlert! It's a little project I made that I'd really like to see the light of day and some users.

MangAlert! (please sign up!)
GitHub Repo (please star!)
Mar 2, 2022 3:59 PM

Jul 2017
Mar 2, 2022 4:56 PM

Feb 2020
Short_Circut said:

an incentive to finish reading it I see.

Thanks for the fix
haha yep, my pleasure
Please sign up for MangAlert! It's a little project I made that I'd really like to see the light of day and some users.

MangAlert! (please sign up!)
GitHub Repo (please star!)
Jul 14, 2022 6:43 PM
Nov 2019
Manga Name
Nazo no Kanojo X, Mysterious Girlfriend X

Manga, Japan, Seinen

https://mangadex.org/title/f8fed9b2-546f-446f-bd3f-3c7192019774/nazo-no-kanojo-x

The development of the romance is strange, it doesn't go super far.

No. They don't kiss nor have sex.

Strange and weird manga where the mc and fmc put their fingers in each other's mouths and exchange spit. It is an intriguing read.

Manga Name
Perfect half

manhwa, korea, adult 18+

none

The development is good

Yes, plenty of sex and kiss. Actually more sex than kiss.

pseudo-hentai, 18+, action + romance manhwa. Has a proper plot with proper characters, and art is rlly good.
sShiroXxJul 14, 2022 6:54 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Non-hentai anime with traumatizing rape?

stanklem28 - Feb 7, 2014

40 by Omega90 »»
2 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - Yesterday

26 by PostMahouShoujo »»
2 hours ago

» new season, need recommendations

silversaint - Yesterday

6 by DMind »»
Today, 2:05 AM

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

12 by PostMahouShoujo »»
Today, 1:02 AM

» Grim series for tonight

LoveYourEyes - Apr 1

15 by r3v3l3v3l »»
Yesterday, 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.