Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 17, 2020 10:38 PM

Feb 2015
Does anyone know if there'll be a second season? I know nothing's been announced but I checked the manga and it's ongoing, any thoughts on the possibilities of this happening?
Dec 17, 2020 10:55 PM

Jul 2017
The chances of this having a Season 2 is VERY SLIM, because let's be honest: would you want to watch ANOTHER 12 episodes of the same comical gags?

The manga itself is 200+ chapters, no doubt the popularity, but personally for the anime I would just stop at there, no thanks.
Dec 18, 2020 1:51 AM
Nov 2020
It really depends on the popularity and the profit they get from this anime. And contrary to the previous person's opinion that while the manga does have comedy gags as one of its primary themes, the manga is best known for its unexpectedly deep lore, character and relationship development, and long con (imagine one single dialogue becoming an entire plot for a future chapter like a hundred chapters later or a group photo becoming a hint for a serious story arc). But personally, I'd rather not have a season 2 of this because the anime didn't exactly, while it's kind of entertaining to watch, do a great job in adapting the manga and many manga readers are disappointed for many reasons.
Dec 21, 2020 12:27 PM

Sep 2019
KANLen09 said:
would you want to watch ANOTHER 12 episodes of the same comical gags?
If they made a 100 hours long video of Suya sleeping, I would watch it.
Dec 21, 2020 12:42 PM

May 2020
KANLen09 said:
The chances of this having a Season 2 is VERY SLIM, because let's be honest: would you want to watch ANOTHER 12 episodes of the same comical gags?

The manga itself is 200+ chapters, no doubt the popularity, but personally for the anime I would just stop at there, no thanks.
man, personally I would live to watch another 12 episodes and 12 more and 12 more etc. This show is obnoxiously underrated, it's so wholesome, funny and really entertaining.
Dec 21, 2020 1:17 PM
Jan 2018
>The chances of this having a Season 2 is VERY SLIM, because let's be honest: would you want to watch ANOTHER 12 episodes of the same comical gags?

yet shows like Teasing Master Takagi-san has as 2nd season
Dec 21, 2020 1:30 PM
Mar 2019
at final the voice told see you soon or something like that

i think the are possibilites

any knows in what chapert ogf manga finish the anime?

thx
Dec 21, 2020 1:50 PM

Dec 2020
KANLen09 said:

Ummm, YES. I'd watch another 48 episodes of it. This show was amazing.
Dec 21, 2020 2:48 PM

Mar 2019
KANLen09 said:

The same gags yet every single episode never failed to entertain. That right there says a lot.
Dec 21, 2020 3:03 PM

Oct 2017
Need more Syaaaaa!
Dec 21, 2020 5:31 PM
Mar 2019
KANLen09 said:

YES, you can even exaggerately say 100 more episodes and I would still give the same answer.
I love K-On, and so should you.

Dec 21, 2020 5:51 PM

Jul 2017
Realized that there's a lot of people tagging me, and saying the same exact answer.

...OK, more power to y'all. Just stating my point, y'all don't need to feel butthurt about this. If you feel so inclined, read the manga instead and have yourself a merry, good time. Cheers. Just saying.
Dec 21, 2020 6:36 PM
Feb 2011
KANLen09 said:
Realized that there's a lot of people tagging me, and saying the same exact answer.

...OK, more power to y'all. Just stating my point, y'all don't need to feel butthurt about this. If you feel so inclined, read the manga instead and have yourself a merry, good time. Cheers. Just saying.

You made a blanket statement that most people seem to disagree with, only one butthurt seems to be you.
Dec 21, 2020 6:56 PM
Oct 2019
KANLen09 said:

But literally, every single episode kept things fresh and unique even though it had similar gags and formulas and it never got old. To act like this show was just the same thing for 12 episodes is innacurate.

Dec 21, 2020 6:57 PM
Jul 2015
KANLen09 said:

Yes, every episode was funny. Would you watch another 12 episodes of girls camping? Yes because it's good.
Dec 21, 2020 7:16 PM
Apr 2013
I SUPER hope there’ll be more!!!
Dec 21, 2020 9:29 PM
Apr 2014
KANLen09 said:

Given all the responses, it would seem the chances aren’t that slim. To each their own! :)
Dec 21, 2020 9:57 PM

Feb 2018
KANLen09 said:

Banzaiii KanLenn-sama...

Tell them, I read this manga and yeah ... I don't think I need to watch this anime. So is it possible to get a second season? I agree with Lord KanLen
Dec 21, 2020 10:06 PM

Jul 2017
Syureria said:
KANLen09 said:

Banzaiii KanLenn-sama...

Tell them, I read this manga and yeah ... I don't think I need to watch this anime. So is it possible to get a second season? I agree with Lord KanLen
LORD @Syureria sama, you're the bestttt

BANZAIIIIIII my loyal follower! May Kamisama grant you wisdom on your soul xD

KitsuneAMB said:
KANLen09 said:

Given all the responses, it would seem the chances aren’t that slim. To each their own! :)
HEY, finally someone who UNDERSTANDS and is not a total troll! Good one bud :)
Dec 22, 2020 4:37 AM

Sep 2017
KANLen09 said:

Of course I'd do

I'd even watch a whole 50 episodes of this, Sleepy Princess is literally my AOTY
Dec 22, 2020 4:42 AM
Mar 2020
KANLen09 said:

BRUH i can watch 1000 more episodes of this
xxy_Dec 22, 2020 4:51 AM
Dec 22, 2020 4:45 AM
Mar 2020
the narrator at the end said see you again or something so I think it will have a another season
Dec 22, 2020 10:22 AM

Jan 2015
KANLen09 said:

Yes, I would watch even a third season of this
Dec 22, 2020 11:41 PM
Apr 2020
Syaa~ I'll be back in second season! I'll miss it, can anyone tell me at what chapter the series ended, thinking of reading the manga??
Dec 23, 2020 1:48 AM

Mar 2017
KANLen09 said:

You kidding?! I totally watch another 4 seasons of this, it was one of my favorite anime this season!!
Dec 23, 2020 6:09 AM

Mar 2012
sure why not? it depends on certain factors like merch sales and the like etc but i could do with another 12 eps, the main reason it got 200+ chapters is due to the fact people still enjoy it otherwise it gets axed and while the theme of finding methods to sleep and everyone get goofballed remains, their is plenty of different factors that affect the story after this part so it wont be 100% the same repetitiveness i assure you.

If it does not, it wont be a problem as its own it can pretty much stand as a one cour show, it is still hell of a fun to watch and good to see on days where you want to take it easy or just relax, stranger things have happened.

So final answer: could it have a s2? maybe.. do i want a s2? sure its a good series :)
Dec 23, 2020 9:06 AM
Jun 2019
I don't know, I don't think I could handle seeing Harpy being rejected for another season.
Dec 24, 2020 4:58 PM
Jul 2019
Soviet_Yunyun93 said:
KANLen09 said:

The same gags yet every single episode never failed to entertain. That right there says a lot.
you know every episode will be good if it's done by Doga Kobo
Dec 26, 2020 7:51 AM

Oct 2017
Make it a long-running show like Detective Conan and we have a deal :)
Dec 26, 2020 5:26 PM

Nov 2012
KANLen09 said:

dying like she doesnt even care time to time is really comical? that dumb side is annoying

My Candies:

Dec 28, 2020 7:53 PM

Jul 2011
KANLen09 said:

Knosuba got a season 2 and to what I've heard it's pretty much the same jokes. Thou, I'm not 100% sure on that. I'd say it could go either way.
Dec 29, 2020 5:45 AM

Mar 2019
Of course, season 2 would be good. I enjoyed much Maoujou de Oyasumi, so here's hoping there'll be more anime adaptation of it.

I play BanG Dream! Girls Band Party

Garupa EN ID: 10759829
Garupa JP ID: 36753163
Jan 4, 2021 1:32 AM
Dec 2018
KANLen09 said:

I can even watch the first season again and again and still give it a 10 each time. And it's the first show by Doga Kobo to go 8+, so pretty sure it's liked very much here.
Jan 7, 2021 5:13 PM
May 2016
KANLen09 said:

naturally, I'm not just in it for the gags. The familial bond Sya has with the Demon Castle is more than enough. I would love to watch 100 episodes of this series
Jan 7, 2021 5:16 PM
May 2016
KANLen09 said:

you asked a question, even if it was meant to be retorical, people are going to feel the need to answer
Jan 7, 2021 5:21 PM

Jan 2020
I really hope this gets a second season. It deserves it

Jan 16, 2021 2:29 AM

Mar 2018
KANLen09 said:

Not expect people who gave high score to both season of boring show whose the contents only about cherry boy teased by his classmate in every episodes said this. Lol
Jan 18, 2021 3:48 PM

Jul 2019
I love that this thread is just 30 responses of everyone dragging the one person that made a negative comment hahaha
Jan 23, 2021 5:17 PM
Aug 2012
I really hope there is a second season, this series had perfect comedy. I would have to look long and hard for a comedy that was good from start to finish. (there was just one part fell flat for me). I bought all the manga available after finishing the last episode and I will buy the bluray and a figure of the princess when available, just to support this great series.

I know I will be re-watching this series again.
Jan 27, 2021 10:29 AM
Dec 2018
Tomara que tenha uma segunda temporada dessa maravilha
Feb 22, 2021 10:04 AM

Sep 2016
I'd love to see a second season. This show is superb.
Mar 3, 2021 3:50 PM

Feb 2015
Rojaseb said:
I love that this thread is just 30 responses of everyone dragging the one person that made a negative comment hahaha

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that loved it enough to want more.
Dec 21, 2022 7:36 PM
Jan 2022

KANLen09 said:
I wouldn´t care how many episodes or hours it would have, I WOULD WATCH IT!!
Apr 4, 10:31 AM
Aug 2017
Reply to KANLen09

Perhaps you didn't enjoy the show in the first place, otherwise you wouldn't make such a statement.

This manga is still running because it's NOT the same gags. Almost every single chapter brings something new to the table, a new idea, a new way to find some good sleep. It's pretty amazing that the author could manage to keep what should've been a 1-2 volume gag into an insane number of chapters, right now at well over 300.

Just because it all revolves around one character trying to do one thing doesn't mean that it is repetitive or the same gag. Saying otherwise is like claiming that because you've seen a type of joke once means that you can't enjoy it again portrayed in a different fashion. So many stories, especially adventure ones, revolve around one character doing or wanting to do one thing while everything else is the journey towards the goal.

That you're getting so many replies just means that your attempt of a blanket statement while asking a QUESTION (while implying the answer was obvious) was extremely disagreeable to most people here, that's what happens when you mistakenly provoke people with a comment worded in a rather confrontational manner.

It doesn't help if you try to defend yourself in a condescending and plain rude way. In the first reply, you're basically telling everyone that they're "butthurt" and that you're "stating your point" (despite it being a question and blanket statement), then pretty much telling people to "just read the manga if they care so much", which has nothing to do with this. The next comment you made was even more rude and condescending, not only does it appear extremely fake, as if you roped in some random person to sing you praises for no reason, you also claim everyone who honestly replies, without rudeness, to your comment with an answer to your question and blanket statement, are trolls. To be honest, the way you're acting makes it seem like you're far closer to being a "troll". At least look up what an internet troll is. It's certainly not someone answering your question honestly with 1 comment by providing their personal opinions.

I'll also add that while the "finding a way to sleep" remains a central point, it's phased out more and more until we get to a point where it's just an afterthought at the end of each chapter. Other characters start getting more time and her interacting with the people around her becomes the main driving force, the dynamic between all the characters is fun and heartwarming. Although I would consider it a minus that she ends up not being as destructive anymore, seemingly caring a lot more for the demons around her. The best part was the first 100-200 chapters, plenty of good content for many more episodes.
SeregosaApr 4, 10:36 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoujou de Oyasumi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2020

156 by Ske80 »»
Feb 5, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Maoujou de Oyasumi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2020

150 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Dec 27, 2023 9:31 AM

Poll: » Maoujou de Oyasumi Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ashhk - Oct 12, 2020

79 by ReaperCreeper »»
Sep 28, 2023 11:20 PM

Poll: » Maoujou de Oyasumi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2020

94 by Lazen11410 »»
Aug 20, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Maoujou de Oyasumi Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2020

84 by Altadena »»
Aug 4, 2023 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.