Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (136) « First ... « 134 135 [136]
Dec 10, 2020 12:34 AM

May 2016
I've seen the unblurred images on the twitter page and all I can ask is why did they choose to blur it in the first place.

Truly, my biggest complain.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Dec 10, 2020 12:49 AM
Jan 2018
TheCloverfield said:
Bhaskar_Singh said:

Also Attack on Titan was always a battlefield. Colors were always way more vibrant that these in the previous seasons. Not to mention the the colors are washed out even considering a battlefield field.

You didn't "unblur" anything you applied an overdone sharpen filter that destroys the ambient bloom and lighting of the episode

This is a completely new era for the franchise, with new story, completely brand new setting inspired off world war 1 and character comes new visuals. I understand that you like the super crisp/clean stuff but trying to artificially edit those into an already composited differently approached anime only makes things worse. (and no, previous season weren't really battlefields but sure)

No no. I didn't do anything.I just posted it. Its not my work. Maybe just download the episode and let me know how you feel. Or you can check some comparison samples on the twitter account I posted. He has put comparisons as well. You can even go and check the forum and let me know what you feel.
The screenshots I posted had colors calliberated based on the my preference. I couldn't post with original colors because then I have to recalibrate and its too much work.
Bhaskar_SinghDec 10, 2020 1:16 AM
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Dec 10, 2020 1:01 AM
Jan 2018
deg said:
confirmation from the animator that 3DCG is use to speed up the production

Sorry if this has been asked before or is a dumb question but has MAPPA's choice to use CG for the titans helped out in any way?

When a studio does this kind of things, its either so that they can finish things quicker or there is not enough people who are able to draw these scenes. The titans are very hard you know! Rare are the times this is done for a creative reason ( such as houseki no kuni!)

https://twitter.com/Vercreek/status/1336752524594843648

Has anyone copied the the tweet as it was deleted
Dec 10, 2020 1:04 AM
Jan 2018
HyperL said:
I've seen the unblurred images on the twitter page and all I can ask is why did they choose to blur it in the first place.

Aren't the unblurred a fan edit
Dec 10, 2020 1:05 AM

Jan 2009
Mattinator95 said:
deg said:
confirmation from the animator that 3DCG is use to speed up the production

Sorry if this has been asked before or is a dumb question but has MAPPA's choice to use CG for the titans helped out in any way?

When a studio does this kind of things, its either so that they can finish things quicker or there is not enough people who are able to draw these scenes. The titans are very hard you know! Rare are the times this is done for a creative reason ( such as houseki no kuni!)

https://twitter.com/Vercreek/status/1336752524594843648

Has anyone copied the the tweet as it was deleted

he deleted all his tweets since yesterday looks like he got into trouble with the higher ups

anyway i just copied and pasted the tweet as it is this parts

Dec 10, 2020 1:20 AM

Aug 2020
Mattinator95 said:
HyperL said:

Aren't the unblurred a fan edit

i've created a topic,he actually did the episode though but its illegal to link here
Dec 10, 2020 4:06 AM
Oct 2015
Bhaskar_Singh said:
I am just getting a boner watching the unblurred version of the episode. Be sure to check it out for once people. So many minute details are masked by that obnoxious filter. IMHO the CG especially the Armored looks better without the desperate blending attempt. I couldn't notice any drawbacks personally but am open to rectifications.

The guy who did this: https://twitter.com/Miish3lov/status/1336366387409920003?s=08

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1880958&show=0#msg61354209

Just finished downloading it and mine does not look that saturated right of the bat, I have tho increase the saturation myself for it to look like that.

Il be saying more things about it after I finish some things
Dec 10, 2020 4:39 AM
Jan 2018
MAQS said:
Bhaskar_Singh said:
I am just getting a boner watching the unblurred version of the episode. Be sure to check it out for once people. So many minute details are masked by that obnoxious filter. IMHO the CG especially the Armored looks better without the desperate blending attempt. I couldn't notice any drawbacks personally but am open to rectifications.

The guy who did this: https://twitter.com/Miish3lov/status/1336366387409920003?s=08

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1880958&show=0#msg61354209

Just finished downloading it and mine does not look that saturated right of the bat, I have tho increase the saturation myself for it to look like that.

Yes I have altered the digital vibrance from my nvidia control panel and did some changes in my video Player as well. Basically I just increased saturation as much as I liked. Its easy.
Subjectivity is a joke on MAL. If you implicitly bring in subjectivity in your counter argument, you've already lost the debate. Also this website is a fankid infestation , have pity on those kids by ignoring there quotes as they have absolutely no clue what exactly is going on.
Dec 10, 2020 4:52 AM
Oct 2015
Bhaskar_Singh said:
MAQS said:

Yes I have altered the digital vibrance from my nvidia control panel and did some changes in my video Player as well. Basically I just increased saturation as much as I liked. Its easy.

Options on MPCHC does the trick easy.

But I dont really like this saturation for this arc, I prefer the natural colors.

I really cannot wait to compare the amount of lost details
Dec 10, 2020 4:57 AM
Jun 2020
JJ_jose said:
Skjilani said:
Yoshimichi Kameda worked on opening of final season so we can expect him in actual episodes and some one also said that titan transformation are done by him
Skjilani said:
Yoshimichi Kameda worked on opening of final season so we can expect him in actual episodes and some one also said that titan transformation are done by him
did he? Where's the source to confirm that?

https://twitter.com/midori_aoi034/status/1336367665221312513?s=19
Dec 10, 2020 5:00 AM
Oct 2015
Wow, I gotta say I was expecting the CGI would not blend as well without the Blur but it pretty much is the same but with more detail, Zeke does not look worst at all, I hope this guy eventually does this same work for the BD version once it comes out.
Dec 10, 2020 5:01 AM
Jan 2018
MAQS said:
Bhaskar_Singh said:

Options on MPCHC does the trick easy.

But I dont really like this saturation for this arc, I prefer the natural colors.

I really cannot wait to compare the amount of lost details

Yeah. The blur is gone at least.
Dec 10, 2020 5:37 AM
Nov 2020
Is there a way to thicken the lines of the characters so they don't look that flat?
Dec 10, 2020 5:53 AM
Nov 2019
yaegerist-15 said:
Sad7727 said:

they're the new JC Pierrot

also staff overwork is shitty and brings shit quality more often than not,Akudama drive didn't work the staff and it looks amazing (and it was made by JC pierrot nonetheless)

also it sems verceek confirms my fears,episode 1 indeed would be the best quality.
No, he said the climax episodes will have the same quality or even better. If they handle the climax episodes good then we are good. But they are fixing some of the other episodes. I think we have to wait till episode 5-7 to make a review. I personally dont think mappa will screw this. Hayashi is a good director and the cgi was outsourced to Studio V-Sign. We will see mappas best animation later, mark that
The problem lies within if all of the CGI titan fights are done by this company. I liked Reiner and the Jaw design but the best couldve done with a few touch ups
Dec 10, 2020 9:15 AM
Jan 2019
OD just posted this,(it's about the pacing for the next episodes)
https://twitter.com/ThatShiny_Hex/status/1337082396542267393
Any ideas ?
Blackkatsu001Dec 10, 2020 9:21 AM
Dec 10, 2020 10:35 AM
Oct 2015
Blackkatsu001 said:
OD just posted this,(it's about the pacing for the next episodes)
https://twitter.com/ThatShiny_Hex/status/1337082396542267393
Any ideas ?

It seems they are rearringing the order of scenes, which makes sense since Seko did the same for Uprising which had the same pacing as this, I wonder if he is just gonna do that with with marley arc or also with the next one after ch 107?
Dec 10, 2020 11:36 AM

Sep 2012
idk but they better not
Dec 10, 2020 11:48 AM
Mar 2016
Idc if they use CGI in all the Fights, but if they do my boy Reiner dirty, then this adaptation will be trash for me.
AlbitoSeijuroDec 10, 2020 11:54 AM
Dec 10, 2020 12:14 PM
Oct 2015
tsunderek0 said:
idk but they better not

I am 100% sure there will be some amount of cuts there, be it very few or substantial
Dec 10, 2020 12:15 PM
Oct 2015
AlbitoSeijuro said:
Idc if they use CGI in all the Fights, but if they do my boy Reiner dirty, then this adaptation will be trash for me.

Then I guess trash it will be indeed be for you.
Dec 10, 2020 12:21 PM

Sep 2012
MAQS said:
tsunderek0 said:
idk but they better not

I am 100% sure there will be some amount of cuts there, be it very few or substantial

and I'll be crying into my pillow from now on then. yams stop them this is your boy
Dec 10, 2020 12:23 PM
Mar 2018
2 chapters an episode (85-100 pages, so half a volume) is pretty quick, especially for a dialogue heavy arc and how previous seasons weren't paced this quick. I'm fine with restructuring scenes and story placements so long as it doesn't harm the overall narrative flow of the arc. If things are changed and put in weird/inappropriate sections that would suck. I'm assuming this is being done because of the pacing of this season due to the number of episodes they were given, and how cuts will have to be made to a certain degree. it's not an Uprising situation where Isayama disliked the arc and requested the studio to change it. I know cuts will happen I just hope it's nothing major, like Reiner's flashback arc getting major cuts.

Also, if this arc ends on episode 9 how are they going to adapt the next one (107-122) in only 7 episodes? I honestly feel like 20 overall for both arcs (so 10 episodes each) would have been better than 16.
Dec 10, 2020 12:31 PM
Oct 2015
tsunderek0 said:
MAQS said:

and I'll be crying into my pillow from now on then. yams stop them this is your boy

The recent Animator who had to delete all his tweets about the state of the production said Isayama takes a look at the script changes and has a say in them.

Also Seko has been working on AOT from day 1, and recently adpated Vinland Saga and Mob Psycho.

They guy is seriously one of the best scriptwriters in the industry adapting manga, oh and he also wrote the lost girls light novel.

Only Isayama himself has more experience with AOT than him
Dec 10, 2020 12:35 PM
Oct 2015
spiderboi said:
2 chapters an episode (85-100 pages, so half a volume) is pretty quick, especially for a dialogue heavy arc and how previous seasons weren't paced this quick. I'm fine with restructuring scenes and story placements so long as it doesn't harm the overall narrative flow of the arc. If things are changed and put in weird/inappropriate sections that would suck. I'm assuming this is being done because of the pacing of this season due to the number of episodes they were given, and how cuts will have to be made to a certain degree. it's not an Uprising situation where Isayama disliked the arc and requested the studio to change it. I know cuts will happen I just hope it's nothing major, like Reiner's flashback arc getting major cuts.

Also, if this arc ends on episode 9 how are they going to adapt the next one (107-122) in only 7 episodes? I honestly feel like 20 overall for both arcs (so 10 episodes each) would have been better than 16.

Marley arc will end at ep 8, meaning ch 106.

And Yes 20 eps overall would have been the best pacing, But I guess the committee is back again fucking shit up.

Even if Isayama had a say with the rearrangement of the uprising arc he doesn't get a say with the number of eps approved, that is the dominion of the committee
Dec 10, 2020 12:36 PM
Mar 2018
despite the quick pacing of this arc (2 chapter an episode on average) that's why I'm not so worried since this dude seems to be pretty heavily acclaimed. He also seems to have a deep love and understanding of the source material based on his relation to the production over the years. Also the fact he has written an AoT novel says a lot as well.
Dec 10, 2020 12:36 PM
Apr 2018
spiderboi said:

Even goddamn 18 would've been manageable. Unless they can start cramming action chapters even more cut content is inevitable. Production committee messed the episode count hard if we're getting to 122.

I remember everyone speculating that 28-30 episodes (pacing of 1.5-1.8) being the bare the bare minimum to adapt till the end well and but now at the pace we're going the adaptation will be done at 24 episodes of content.

Increasing the pace of post 122 and giving this part more time would've been a much smarter decision as well
Dec 10, 2020 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
New OST by Sawano for final season
https://youtu.be/oHg5SJYRHA0
Dec 10, 2020 12:39 PM
Mar 2018
PrasantGrG said:
spiderboi said:

Even goddamn 18 would've been manageable. Unless they can start cramming action chapters even more cut content is inevitable. Production committee messed the episode count hard if we're getting to 122.

I remember everyone speculating that 28-30 episodes (pacing of 1.5-1.8) being the bare the bare minimum to adapt till the end well and but now at the pace we're going the adaptation will be done at 24 episodes of content.

Increasing the pace of post 122 and giving this part more time would've been a much smarter decision as well

I agree as well, especially with the pace of this being more meticolus and them increasing the pace for post 122. 16 episodes would have been fine if they were ending at 116. Yea, even 18 (9 for each arc) would have been good as well with very minor cuts being made.
Dec 10, 2020 12:43 PM
Mar 2016
chiearlymorning said:
New OST by Sawano for final season
https://youtu.be/oHg5SJYRHA0

Man this is amazing. Sounds like something you would hear in S1 and that makes it even better
Dec 10, 2020 12:45 PM
Oct 2015
PrasantGrG said:
spiderboi said:

Had this be the first time its happening I would be terribly worried, but since we have Uprising before, which is a inferior version of the story imo, but still was pretty solid overall and it adapted a very good AOT arc not a GREAT one like this one.

Also had Seko not come back as main writer then I would have lost all faith on this adaptation, yes I regard him more important than even freaking Hayashi.
Dec 10, 2020 12:59 PM
Mar 2018
MAQS said:
PrasantGrG said:

Had this be the first time its happening I would be terribly worried, but since we have Uprising before, which is a inferior version of the story imo, but still was pretty solid overall and it adapted a very good AOT arc not a GREAT one like this one.

Also had Seko not come back as main writer then I would have lost all faith on this adaptation, yes I regard him more important than even freaking Hayashi.

Hiroshi Seko is that much of a game changer? How come? Seems he didn't work at all on season 3 part 1 which had complaints of pacing/cut content. I'm assuming he's very talented, knowing how to priortize the content of an adaptation, when dealing with cuts or changes. He did the script for vinland saga which was pretty good, although a bit slower paced compared to the manga. Also did mob psycho, i dont know how that compares to the manga though.
Dec 10, 2020 1:07 PM

Mar 2018
Locking this thread as most Rumors & Leaks have already been presented.

We have a new General Discussion thread and you can find it here;
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1881146 - I would advise to read the first post before posting...
If there are any upcoming leaks about episode staff, tweets and/or episode titles for example, they are also welcome in the thread above.
Koito91Dec 10, 2020 2:34 PM

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (136) « First ... « 134 135 [136]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

» Falco and Gabi…

Arddaa52 - Jul 25, 2021

20 by Adrena »»
Mar 27, 6:50 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 28, 2021

690 by Apreggi »»
Mar 23, 11:07 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.