Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 27, 2020 10:16 PM

Jan 2019
Options are Neir:Automata, Metal Gear solid 3 (not sure if there’s a remaster, so I’ll specify that I’m on PS2), and Final Fantasy 7 (not remake, playing this on ps1).

I kinda want to play neir but ff7 looking pretty good too. I love mgs, but I literally just beat mgs2 5 minutes ago so I’m kinda tired of it rn ig. Let’s see what you guys think

Edit: I also have Mafia 1 ig I could play that too
KalvusNov 27, 2020 10:21 PM
Nov 28, 2020 6:40 AM
Dec 2017
nier automata for certainly

if you don't have it pick of the world ends with you on the ds or the switch if you have any.

Nov 28, 2020 7:13 AM

May 2018
Definitely Nier Automata.
Nov 28, 2020 11:06 AM

Jan 2019
@Gorochu
@Crow_Black
I’ve played Nier for about an hour and a half now and I’m already depressed.

Also crow, Ive actually played the world ends with you as a kid when it first came out. I sadly lost the cartridge tho, and I don’t remember much because I was young. So I actually have a rom of it downloaded on my PC.

Edit: this game also has a fucking beautiful soundtrack
KalvusNov 28, 2020 11:22 AM
Nov 28, 2020 11:40 AM

Aug 2008
I say Final Fantasy 7, because it had a good story from what I remember. But you can go on with Nier:-Automate if you want to keep at it.
Nov 29, 2020 2:08 AM

Jan 2019
SweetMonia said:
I say Final Fantasy 7, because it had a good story from what I remember. But you can go on with Nier:-Automate if you want to keep at it.
well I’ll play both eventually. Final fantasy 7 is such a classic that I have to get to it eventually.
Nov 30, 2020 9:11 AM
Nov 2020
I want to play in Let it die. Do you think about this game?
Nov 30, 2020 10:29 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
I believe you've mentioned in these forums before that you played Chrono Trigger, but did you play Chrono Cross?
Nov 30, 2020 11:00 AM

Jan 2019
Fario-P said:
I believe you've mentioned in these forums before that you played Chrono Trigger, but did you play Chrono Cross?
I have not! I collect ps1 and ps2 games tho and my local retro game store has Chrono Cross in stock. I haven't played Chrono Trigger in a looonnnggg time tho, I just remember liking the music, so I need to play it again. Maybe after MGS3 and FF7
Nov 30, 2020 11:05 AM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Kalvus said:
Fario-P said:

I have not! I collect ps1 and ps2 games tho and my local retro game store has Chrono Cross in stock. I haven't played Chrono Trigger in a looonnnggg time tho, I just remember liking the music, so I need to play it again. Maybe after MGS3 and FF7

Definitely recommend playing Chrono Cross, hope you enjoy it once you get to playing it. Don't revisit Chrono Trigger through the PS1 port though, too many loading screens for a game that is practically known for not having loading screens. You'd be better off playing the DS version instead (though I heard the PC port is decent).

Did you play any Pokémon spinoffs? Some of those are good too, like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.
Nov 30, 2020 11:05 AM

Jan 2019
Garpy said:
I want to play in Let it die. What do you think about this game?
This is my first time hearing about it, but from the steam page, it looks really cool! It's free to play too so that's a plus. The reviews say it's grindy and P2W but whatever, like I said it's free so it's not like you or I have anything to lose if we download it.
Nov 30, 2020 11:10 AM

Jan 2019
Fario-P said:
Kalvus said:

Definitely recommend playing Chrono Cross, hope you enjoy it once you get to playing it. Don't revisit Chrono Trigger through the PS1 port though, too many loading screens for a game that is practically known for not having loading screens. You'd be better off playing the DS version instead (though I heard the PC port is decent).

Did you play any Pokémon spinoffs? Some of those are good too, like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.
I have a ROM downloaded of Chrono Trigger, and yes, it's for the DS version. I didn't even know it was on PS1 lol.

I haven't actually played many pokemon spinoffs. The few are like the 3DS mystery dungeon game (Which I'm thinking about buying the new switch remake) and like one of the DS ranger games, but I was 10 or something and it was for only an hour when my cousin lent me his ds for an afternoon. I've beat both of the pokeparks too.

How about you?
Nov 30, 2020 6:53 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Kalvus said:
Fario-P said:

I have a ROM downloaded of Chrono Trigger, and yes, it's for the DS version. I didn't even know it was on PS1 lol.

I haven't actually played many pokemon spinoffs. The few are like the 3DS mystery dungeon game (Which I'm thinking about buying the new switch remake) and like one of the DS ranger games, but I was 10 or something and it was for only an hour when my cousin lent me his ds for an afternoon. I've beat both of the pokeparks too.

How about you?

Sorry for late reply but yeah I've played a few Pokémon spinoffs. Completed Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia like a decade ago, still haven't finished Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky despite knowing what happens in it (I suggest that you don't spoil yourself and play the game for yourself, it's great), stuff like that.
Nov 30, 2020 9:15 PM

Jan 2019
is P
Fario-P said:
Kalvus said:

How about you?

Sorry for late reply but yeah I've played a few Pokémon spinoffs. Completed Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia like a decade ago, still haven't finished Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky despite knowing what happens in it (I suggest that you don't spoil yourself and play the game for yourself, it's great), stuff like that.
Does the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon story actually matter/good? I feel like pokemon games have always had such lackluster elements such as the art and stuff.
Nov 30, 2020 9:58 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
Kalvus said:
Fario-P said:

Does the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon story actually matter/good? I feel like pokemon games have always had such lackluster elements such as the art and stuff.

To put it in one simple word: yes.

If I'm being completely honest, I've recently realized that I really only play Pokémon for the experience of going on an adventure with some friends (being your team of 6 Pokémon) I've made along the way. The story honestly didn't matter that much to me in these games, and Game Freak seemed to have a similar mindset for a while, as the first four generations didn't have as much emphasis on the story when compared to the fifth and seventh generations. This is strange as I seem to really care for the story in most other JRPGs I've played—as well as for several non-mainline Pokémon games, believe it or not!

Which brings me to... the Pokémon spin-offs. Yes, many of them don't have much story, like obviously Pokémon Pinball or Pokémon Trozei (though both are pretty fun). But some of the franchise's spin-offs are well known for their unique stories. The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series in particular is quite well known for emphasizing an extremely (and surprisingly) heartfelt story among the Pokémon fanbase. The Explorers saga in particular (Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky) easily has the best story in the entire Pokémon franchise, which is actually kind of a popular opinion among a certain chunk of the fanbase. If you love stories and are hoping for a good story from Pokémon at all, definitely play the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games.
Again, I particularly recommend Explorers of Sky. If you don't want to bother playing the game to find out what's so good about it, I recommend watching Marriland's Explorers of Sky Adventure. I love Marriland's voice acting, and this LP was what got me into buying and playing this game in the first place.

Nov 30, 2020 10:08 PM

Jan 2019
Fario-P said:
Kalvus said:

To put it in one simple word: yes.

If I'm being completely honest, I've recently realized that I really only play Pokémon for the experience of going on an adventure with some friends (being your team of 6 Pokémon) I've made along the way. The story honestly didn't matter that much to me in these games, and Game Freak seemed to have a similar mindset for a while, as the first four generations didn't have as much emphasis on the story when compared to the fifth and seventh generations. This is strange as I seem to really care for the story in most other JRPGs I've played—as well as for several non-mainline Pokémon games, believe it or not!

Which brings me to... the Pokémon spin-offs. Yes, many of them don't have much story, like obviously Pokémon Pinball or Pokémon Trozei (though both are pretty fun). But some of the franchise's spin-offs are well known for their unique stories. The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series in particular is quite well known for emphasizing an extremely (and surprisingly) heartfelt story among the Pokémon fanbase. The Explorers saga in particular (Explorers of Time, Darkness, and Sky) easily has the best story in the entire Pokémon franchise, which is actually kind of a popular opinion among a certain chunk of the fanbase. If you love stories and are hoping for a good story from Pokémon at all, definitely play the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games.
Again, I particularly recommend Explorers of Sky. If you don't want to bother playing the game to find out what's so good about it, I recommend watching Marriland's Explorers of Sky Adventure. I love Marriland's voice acting, and this LP was what got me into buying and playing this game in the first place.

wow I did not know all of that, that's great! I'll definitely put it on my list to play. I have a DS so I could probably buy a physical copy too. Thanks for the recommendation, I love great stories. That's why I love metal gear so much!
Dec 1, 2020 2:50 AM
Dec 2020
amomg us, clash of clans
Dec 2, 2020 11:36 PM

Jul 2013
Play FF6 also if you haven't already and you may see why Celes is as much of a real woman as Aeris or Tifa.
Dec 11, 2020 4:29 PM

Jan 2019
kaxersza said:
amomg us, clash of clans
mastapiece among us actually geme of te year
Dec 13, 2020 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
Kalvus said:
Fario-P said:

I can say getting Chrono Cross is definitely worth it! The beginning party seems to change too, depending on what's on your memory card(s). I can't remember if it's affected by both memory cards or just 1 but it does get affected by what's on it as far as who's in your starting party. :)

Also, have you played Chaos Legion? It's fun, and there's a fair amount of grinding in it so you get a lot of play from it. It's a PS2 game.

More topics from this board

» Is MAL ever going to update it's UI?

Pineapplepirate - Dec 19, 2020

29 by Oofmastre9000 »»
2 hours ago

» Rate The Last Game You Finished. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Crzy_Minus - Apr 23, 2015

3719 by creepylurker »»
2 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

49 by SwordBreaker36 »»
2 hours ago

» What is your favorite Elder Scrolls game?

Ex-Aid - 12 hours ago

2 by SwordBreaker36 »»
3 hours ago

» Do you guys enjoy fighting games? ( 1 2 )

Dumb - Feb 11

50 by Dumb »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.