Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 28, 2020 10:21 PM

Mar 2020
Am I the only one that can’t get over this??? Like, did he use some sort of superpower or something?
NOW WATCHING: Blue Exorcist (Season 3), Bucchigiri?!, Bungou Stray Dogs (Season 2), Delicious in Dungeon, and Mashle (Season 2)

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 28, 2020 10:24 PM

Sep 2020
I'm also wondering how the boulder got in front of him while he was tripping on forest mushrooms and seeing dead people.
Nov 28, 2020 10:28 PM
Jun 2020
It's pure rhythm bro.
In One Piece, "Zoro notes that he can sense the rhythm of all things around him and can tell where his sword is, turning over a stone to finds it."
Nov 28, 2020 10:30 PM

Mar 2020
Kaiz_ said:
It's pure rhythm bro.
In One Piece, "Zoro notes that he can sense the rhythm of all things around him and can tell where his sword is, turning over a stone to finds it."
Yeah but that doesn’t explain how Tanjiro’s sword, which is about 1/30th the size of the boulder, was able to slice the whole thing in half.
NOW WATCHING: Blue Exorcist (Season 3), Bucchigiri?!, Bungou Stray Dogs (Season 2), Delicious in Dungeon, and Mashle (Season 2)

Nov 28, 2020 10:34 PM
Jun 2020
Bizaster said:
Kaiz_ said:
It's pure rhythm bro.
Yeah but that doesn’t explain how Tanjiro’s sword, which is about 1/30th the size of the boulder, was able to slice the whole thing in half.
I think he already learned the "Total Concentration Breathing" after 2 years of training.
Nov 28, 2020 10:56 PM

Mar 2020
AwokenStroken said:
I'm also wondering how the boulder got in front of him while he was tripping on forest mushrooms and seeing dead people.
AwokenStroken said:
EXACTLY LMAO!!! I was in wondering how he saw those people lol

Nov 28, 2020 10:58 PM

Jun 2019
With the power of friendship and ghost coaching.
Nov 28, 2020 11:01 PM
Jun 2020
Calec said:
Exactly.

------------------
Nov 30, 2020 9:10 AM
Oct 2020
Nothing make sense in shonen anime and that make them more interesting to watch.
Nov 30, 2020 9:16 AM

Sep 2014
How new are you to anime?
Nov 30, 2020 9:35 AM

Mar 2020
Not new, I've watched a lot of anime. Check my list.

Nov 30, 2020 9:37 AM

Jan 2009
the air pressure from his powerful swing cut it i guess
Nov 30, 2020 9:48 AM
Nov 30, 2020 10:04 AM

Jan 2018
I'm gonna be real with you m8, it's battle shonen, like 95% of them don't try to use clear logic and use plot convenience so over-thinking it won't accomplish much lol
What a beautiful Duwang
Nov 30, 2020 10:06 AM

Jan 2009
Jus1294 said:
I'm gonna be real with you m8, it's battle shonen, like 95% of them don't try to use clear logic and use plot convenience so over-thinking it won't accomplish much lol

exactly this show is not like hard fantasy or hard sci-fi anyway
Nov 30, 2020 10:19 AM

Sep 2014
Bizaster said:

Bruh a third of your list consists of Hentai and another third consists of short movies.
Nov 30, 2020 10:28 AM

Sep 2020
Can people please stop excusing it as "it's just a shonen bruuhhh". There are... several shonen that are not this silly.
Nov 30, 2020 10:30 AM

Sep 2014
AwokenStroken said:
Can people please stop excusing it as "it's just a shonen bruuhhh". There are... several shonen that are not this silly.

Several? Which ones?
Nov 30, 2020 10:42 AM

Sep 2014
wakenowakane said:
Hrybami said:

Several? Which ones?

One piece, MHA, AoT, JoJos, yada yada yada...

One Piece: A boat sailing by itself to reach another island, Devil Fruits have some extremely silly power like Kuma's fruit and the all the smile fruits. Brook is dead for 50 years and still have hair?
AoT: People turning into titan is not silly enough to you?

Didn't watch MHA and JoJo, but JoJo definitely seem to be the silliest anime ever created.
Nov 30, 2020 11:52 AM

Sep 2014
wakenowakane said:
Hrybami said:

One Piece: A boat sailing by itself to reach another island, Devil Fruits have some extremely silly power like Kuma's fruit and the all the smile fruits. Brook is dead for 50 years and still have hair?
AoT: People turning into titan is not silly enough to you?

Didn't watch MHA and JoJo, but JoJo definitely seem to be the silliest anime ever created.

Ever heard of the word "fiction" mate? I thought the context of the word silly meant that the show didn't have as many asspulls as demon slayer did.

JoJos stand is one of the most complex and well thought out power system in shounen out there. I'll be damned to call it "silly" Not to mention demon slayer copy pasted the "breathing technique" from jojo except that they added fire and water bending so that's that...

One piece has some of the best story telling out there in anime. Brooks hair is a gag and the self sailing boat was possessed if I recall correctly. Also how is Kumas fruit silly? How long has it been since you've watched it lol.

AoT should never be called "silly" it's probably the most strategic anime out there. This one isn't even a hot take. It's just a garbage opinion. AoT has other problems maybe but "silly" is just a straight up insult to it.

None of the shows I mentioned had any asspulls and even if they did they tried to explain it later on in the series. Demon slayer didn't even do that... so that's why DS is silly.

Also did you just give HxH a 1... that's a really hot take mate I see why you've restricted your comments :D

Nothing in what you say is less silly than Tanjirou slicing some rocks with a sword. We're talking about Shounen superpower. Of course you're going to see some unrealistic situations, superpowers and ability that make no sense and asspulls every corner in the show. These anime are from the fantasy genre and every fantasy anime have silly things going on. The writing of the show has nothing to do with that. And yes HxH is the silliest shounen of them all and deserve entirely my 1.
Nov 30, 2020 12:24 PM

Apr 2019
wakenowakane said:
Bro... that dude literally breathes and can somehow start water bending or fire bending. That boulder scene isn't even the most annoying of them all lmao. Tanjiro also got trained by his ghost friends which is like never explained lmao
Here's an Asian perspective.

First of all the ghosts. There's this thing called Yorishiro in Japanese folklore where spirits of the deceased inhabits objects. In this scenario, it's a boulder and Tabito is the Boulder itself. So once Tanjiro cut Tabito, he cut the Boulder. For Westerners, this normally wouldn't make any sense, but this is a Japanese manga set in early 1900's Japan.

As for how he cut the Boulder - Demons have much greater durability, the lower moon bodies are harder than steel as shown during the Rui fight. And the durability only goes up the higher the rank is. Therefore, Breathing is used to achieve superhuman capabilities. That's why Sakonji tested him - If he couldn't cut the boulder, then there's no chance of him even cutting a demon.

As for the Elemental Bending - they're not bending any elements, it's just the sword-style of the breathing technique. The Elements we see are visual only.

Nov 30, 2020 12:42 PM

Jul 2020
Calec said:

Couldn’t have explained it better than this
Nov 30, 2020 2:12 PM

Mar 2020
AwokenStroken said:
EXACTLY. It’s an overused excuse at this point.

Nov 30, 2020 2:12 PM

Mar 2020
Hrybami said:
Bizaster said:

Bruh a third of your list consists of Hentai and another third consists of short movies.
”A third” can you do math? Lmao. I’ve seen MANY anime.

Nov 30, 2020 2:13 PM

Mar 2020
wakenowakane said:
Bro... that dude literally breathes and can somehow start water bending or fire bending. That boulder scene isn't even the most annoying of them all lmao. Tanjiro also got trained by his ghost friends which is like never explained lmao
YES. It’s so weird! It’s like they aren’t even TRYING to make a plot.

Nov 30, 2020 2:15 PM

Sep 2014
At this point I will just give up. Not gonna waste my time with edgy teenage bois.
Nov 30, 2020 2:19 PM

Mar 2020
Hrybami said:
At this point I will just give up. Not gonna waste my time with edgy teenage bois.
...Edgy teenage boys? You don’t even KNOW me, dude. I’m one of the most energetic and happy people you’d ever meet.

Nov 30, 2020 2:21 PM

Aug 2020
he used the force of course
Nov 30, 2020 2:22 PM

Jul 2020
Hrybami said:

This forum site has people who don't know what an opinion is what did you expect.
Nov 30, 2020 2:43 PM

Apr 2019
wakenowakane said:

Okay then that explains the ghost phenomenon kinda and wait why r u explaining the boulder cutting to me lol? But what about the time tanjirou used his water bending to trap arrows? was that visual only? you tell me. Oh and also that time zenitsu burst out them spiders on him with his lightening without moving a muscle... yeah mate that's clearly not just a "visual" trope. It's 100% actually happening...

The arrows - he used the 6th form: Whirlpool to take advantage of the momentum by using his sword (not trap the arrows) and slice the demon.

As for Zenitsu, yeah that scene with the spiders bunching up together was pretty funny, but that was anime only and didn't happen in the manga. He just mostly dodged the little spiders until he found an opening to attack.

Nov 30, 2020 3:09 PM

Aug 2018
He used the art of plot convenience.
Nov 30, 2020 3:09 PM

Jan 2018
wakenowakane said:
Hrybami said:

Several? Which ones?

Bruh are you for real, nonsensical shit happens in Jojo even after it stopped being a shonen.
What a beautiful Duwang
Nov 30, 2020 3:12 PM
Great Love

Mar 2019
you can't be serious
it's a shonen anime what do you expect

Nov 30, 2020 3:14 PM

May 2018
wakenowakane said:
Hrybami said:

Several? Which ones?

Jojo?? It's literally called "Jojo's BIZARRE Adventure".. a main aspect of the series is how increasingly weird, silly and nonsensical it becomes. Even from the start it's strange. I actually like Jojo's and think this is a very, very bad example.
Nov 30, 2020 3:17 PM

May 2018
wakenowakane said:
Seijatachiiii said:

Jojo?? It's literally called "Jojo's BIZARRE Adventure".. a main aspect of the series is how increasingly weird, silly and nonsensical it becomes. Even from the start it's strange. I even like Jojo and think this is a very, very bad example.

Yeah a user pointed that out earlier hold on lemme just *edits* there better right?

Sorry, I must of not seen it as I pretty much skimmed through this thread.
Nov 30, 2020 4:20 PM

Mar 2020
@-Shinzo thank you for actually providing actual reasoning other than “uhhh well it’s a shonen”.

Dec 1, 2020 5:30 AM

Jan 2018
Bizaster said:
@-Shinzo thank you for actually providing actual reasoning other than “uhhh well it’s a shonen”.
Bizaster said:

It's not really far fetched, I'm sure they might have read it more recently or are a more devoted fan, but most of the styles used in the series barely have a reoccurring appearance and are used as plot convenience.
What a beautiful Duwang
Dec 1, 2020 5:38 AM

Jan 2018
AwokenStroken said:

Ya, but there's far more of them that have asspulls and nonsensical moments than one's that don't.
What a beautiful Duwang
Dec 1, 2020 5:41 AM

Sep 2018
Shounen logic can bypass the laws of physics.
Dec 1, 2020 6:40 AM

Dec 2016
When it come to fiction, you have to have some suspension of disbelief. KnY breath, like Jojo hamon came from actual martial art practice. However, like martial art in Wuxia genre, the effects of those method are being exaggerate.

Jus1294 said:
Bizaster said:
Bizaster said:

What? Zenitsu have like one move that he uses over and over, Inosuke who doesn't get formal training so he just come up with new move and give them random name while Tanjirou water Style is meant to be adaptive like water, 10 moves that can be utilized in almost every situation.

It's not really far fetched, I'm sure they might have read it more recently or are a more devoted fan, but most of the styles used in the series barely have a reoccurring appearance and are used as plot convenience.
Dec 1, 2020 9:49 AM

May 2018
wakenowakane said:
Seijatachiiii said:

Sorry, I must of not seen it as I pretty much skimmed through this thread.

It's cool bud you were right anyways :D Also what is that link your signature takes you too?

its just a cool amv for neon genesis evangelion
Dec 4, 2020 11:50 AM
Nov 2017
hahaha, yeah i'm wondering about this part too... is tanjiro have something like mihawk's skill or is he using getsuga tenshou ??

he only do it with 1 slash, the sword length and boulder size didn't match up for 1 clean normal strike.

also how do he communicate with a ghost ? is he have something special that different him with other demon slayer ?
Dec 4, 2020 11:54 AM

Jun 2020
he train to break rock so he must eventually break the rock
I remember the fallen, do they think of me?
When their bones in the ocean forever will be
I remember the living do they think of me?
When my bones in the ocean forever will be
Dec 4, 2020 11:59 AM

Jul 2020
-Shinzo said:
wakenowakane said:

First of all the ghosts. There's this thing called Yorishiro in Japanese folklore where spirits of the deceased inhabits objects. In this scenario, it's a boulder and Tabito is the Boulder itself. So once Tanjiro cut Tabito, he cut the Boulder. For Westerners, this normally wouldn't make any sense, but this is a Japanese manga set in early 1900's Japan.

As for how he cut the Boulder - Demons have much greater durability, the lower moon bodies are harder than steel as shown during the Rui fight. And the durability only goes up the higher the rank is. Therefore, Breathing is used to achieve superhuman capabilities. That's why Sakonji tested him - If he couldn't cut the boulder, then there's no chance of him even cutting a demon.

As for the Elemental Bending - they're not bending any elements, it's just the sword-style of the breathing technique. The Elements we see are visual only.

Well then they should've explained the folklore in that training scene itself.To avoid causing confusion.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 4, 2020 11:59 AM

Jul 2020
Aqua_sama said:
hahaha, yeah i'm wondering about this part too... is tanjiro have something like mihawk's skill or is he using getsuga tenshou ??

he only do it with 1 slash, the sword length and boulder size didn't match up for 1 clean normal strike.

also how do he communicate with a ghost ? is he have something special that different him with other demon slayer ?

Tanjro is more like a gary stu.

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Dec 4, 2020 1:38 PM

Sep 2014
Scordolo said:
-Shinzo said:

Well then they should've explained the folklore in that training scene itself.To avoid causing confusion.

Folklore is a cultural thing lol. You don't explain it, you get inspiration from it.
Dec 14, 2020 8:21 AM

Aug 2020
Was that not a fever dream or something? I mean he was talking to dead people and training with them.. I guess he did it still? I don't even know anymore.

Dec 14, 2020 8:24 AM

Mar 2020
ravioliqueen said:
Was that not a fever dream or something? I mean he was talking to dead people and training with them.. I guess he did it still? I don't even know anymore.
EXACTLY, right??? It was so weird!

Dec 14, 2020 1:24 PM

Mar 2020
Cause he's the protagonist xD
Dec 14, 2020 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
Because it's a shounen anime
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

17 by ApolloD »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2019

316 by CicadaRex »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

301 by pyrophilia »»
Yesterday, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

1094 by pyrophilia »»
Yesterday, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Shinobou or Mitsuri?

Reckless_weeb - Mar 25, 2022

41 by Qui-gon »»
Apr 10, 12:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.