Forum Settings
Forums

The Last of Us 2 has won The Game of The Year Award 2020

New
Nov 29, 2020 4:27 AM

Jun 2020
The Last of Us 2 has been named the Ultimate Game of the Year at the Golden Joystick Awards 2020.

In a video following the announcement, Neil Druckmann, the game's creative director and lead co-writer, told fans that "I'm not going to lie, this is pretty sweet. It's amazing to be in the company of such amazing games," expressing Naughty Dogs' love for "every single other game on this list."

He went on to say that "I could not be prouder of this game and the team that put it together, and how we lifted each other up when we needed to," and that "I especially want to give a shout out to Ashley Johnson and Laura Bailey, who killed it in more ways than one as Ellie and Abby. The game would not be what it is without your guys' contributions, your amazing performances." Finally, Druckmann issued his tanks to "every single fan that voted for us. This being a fan award, you have no idea what it means to me and the team, and we will keep working hard to make you proud."

The award marks the end of an outstanding night for Naughty Dog, which claimed the title of Best Studio along with four further awards (Best Audio, Best Storytelling, Best Visual Design, and PlayStation Game of the Year), making it one of the most successful Golden Joystick Awards winners of all time.

source: https://www.gamesradar.com/the-last-of-us-2-wins-ultimate-game-of-the-year-at-the-golden-joystick-awards/

My thoughts:
While the Metacritic rating of TLOU 2 is 93% and the audience rating is somehow 58% (according to the Google user statistics), it seems to be conflicted that between critics and consumers alike have been mingling each other with opposite thoughts and impressions. It's really quite confusing for me to choose either of each side, but for me, I think TLOU 2 is fairly a fair game (sorry for the redundancy btw) for me with a rating of 6.5/10 due to convoluted flow of chronological narrative. It's really hard for me to distinguish every character of TLOU 2 are worthwhile because

However, despite all the controversy during the fresh release of the game, I will still give Naughty Dog a round of applause for creating such a beautiful game... at least in the first game tho.
HanashiD4Nov 29, 2020 4:33 AM

"You don't get it, a million sorry's is not equal to one thank you." — Emilia
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 29, 2020 4:54 AM
Jul 2018
Proving that gaming awards were garbage. Last of us 2 have same clunky gameplay from first one. The story just mediocre not bad not good. Probably would better you removed all abby section.
Nov 29, 2020 6:08 AM

Jun 2016
Screw those guys, Doom Eternal was better.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Nov 29, 2020 6:22 AM

Oct 2020
So now they rate games based on the propaganda content they offer? Great...
Nov 29, 2020 7:08 AM

Aug 2018
I was really hoping for Ghost of Tsushima, but congrats to The Last of Us Part II and Naughty Dog though.
Nov 29, 2020 7:16 AM

Jan 2013
Well deserved honestly.

It's sad to see so much hate towards the game despite majority not even having touched the game or already had their minds set after some leaks came out.

If you'd actually played the game you'd understand what the game was trying to portray and see it for the masterpiece it is.

I understand some of the criticisms like the length of the game in certain portions but to disregard its story not even knowing what it's about, just a shame.
Nov 29, 2020 8:19 AM

Jul 2017
AmityBlight said:
Proving that gaming awards were garbage. Last of us 2 have same clunky gameplay from first one. The story just mediocre not bad not good. Probably would better you removed all abby section.

eh, I agree about the mediocre story, but the gameplay was really damn good though.
Nov 29, 2020 8:26 AM

Mar 2020
AmityBlight said:
completely agreed! Never understood why people hold it in such high regard
Nov 29, 2020 8:45 AM

May 2018
The user score was tempered, it's supposed to be much lower than that.
Nov 29, 2020 9:07 AM

Dec 2008
They didn't bother to mention the nominees of "Best Voice-Actors (Performers)", right?. They just jumped to name the winner. Talk about giving no fucks. I'm losing my mind.

Mod edit: Removed baiting.
KuuroNov 30, 2020 12:20 AM
Nov 29, 2020 9:14 AM

Aug 2018
This is truly dissapointing news to hear, gaming awards are becoming like academy awards where the undeserved movies won best picture time after time.
Nov 29, 2020 9:44 AM

Jan 2008
It's a pretty good game and the low audience rating is to be expected as people made judgements before it was even released and still had a somewhat misogynist view due to Abbey's character design.

Personally I think Ghost of Tsushima should have won though.
Nov 29, 2020 9:45 AM

Nov 2009
Timebomb420 said:
Figva said:
This is truly dissapointing news to hear, gaming awards are becoming like academy awards where the undeserved movies won best picture time after time.

grumpy_wolf said:
SJW agenda strikes again. lol

lol Joystic is fan voted. There are no "critics" involved.

it seems to be conflicted that between critics and consumers alike have been mingling each other with opposite thoughts and impressions.

The game was review-bombed, user scores are meaningless. The average PS4 exclusive has 13k reviews. TloU 2 has 140k despite being out for like 3 months.
Nov 29, 2020 9:58 AM

Jan 2013
Bernrika said:
Timebomb420 said:
Figva said:

grumpy_wolf said:
SJW agenda strikes again. lol

it seems to be conflicted that between critics and consumers alike have been mingling each other with opposite thoughts and impressions.

The game was review-bombed, user scores are meaningless. The average PS4 exclusive has 13k reviews. TloU 2 has 140k despite being out for like 3 months.

There's no arguing with people like these.
We just have to accept that fact and don't let it ruin the enjoyment we did get out of the game.
Nov 29, 2020 10:00 AM

May 2016
From what I've heard they easily fool and kill the main character of the first game, which was apparently quite careful, and then the game proceeds to shove down your throat that "violence and revenge is bad" whilst not giving you any alternatives, thus making the message feel undeserved.

I can see why fans were disappointed.
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Nov 29, 2020 10:06 AM

Jan 2013
HyperL said:
From what I've heard they easily fool and kill the main character of the first game, which was apparently quite careful, and then the game proceeds to shove down your throat that "violence and revenge is bad" whilst not giving you any alternatives, thus making the message feel undeserved.

I can see why fans were disappointed.

I dont know if you've played the game yourself but this is the exact copy and paste I see flying around everywhere.
The story isn't just about "violence and revenge bad", actually playing the game and finishing it and not listening to echo chambers shows you it's much more.
Nov 29, 2020 10:11 AM

May 2016
A bunch of journalists decide the goty.

Ps, you don't need to play this game to know if it sucks. It is a story game. Just watch it on twitch.

I would bet if gta 6 and cyberpunk came out this year, this useless garbage would still win.

Mod edit: Removed baiting.
KuuroDec 17, 2020 7:08 AM
Nov 29, 2020 10:19 AM

May 2013
What a lame game to choose.

Although there weren't that many great games to come out this year anyway, atleast AAA games.

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Nov 29, 2020 10:20 AM

Nov 2009
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
A bunch of journalists decide the goty.

No, they don't, joystick awards are open to everyone. You'll just have to accept most people like the game and stop using review bombing as a metric for anything lol.
Nov 29, 2020 10:24 AM

Mar 2011
Wasn't a fan of the first game cause of rehashed gameplay mechanics, and a story line that seemed to grasp at trying to be special by being subvertive. So no intent on playing this game even with this endorsement by the non-casual gaming community (who I believe voted this game mainly)
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Nov 29, 2020 11:31 AM

Aug 2018
Not surprised, it's the kind of games that is really good at looking like a masterpiece
_______I like rocks__
Nov 29, 2020 12:05 PM

May 2015
UberBat said:
It's a pretty good game and the low audience rating is to be expected as people made judgements before it was even released and still had a somewhat misogynist view due to Abbey's character design.

Yeah, no. People didn't like it because the story was ass. Had very little to do with "misogyny".

Also, the fanboying in this thread is hilarious. The game deserves the hate it gets, and whining about review bombing and saying "mOsT pEoPlE lIkEd It" isn't going to change that.

Nov 29, 2020 12:06 PM

Sep 2017
ProfessionalNEET said:
Is the game that people shat on because it had a gay couple in it?

It wasn't because of gay couple
It was because a trans god-knows-who character kills the beloved protagonist of the first game, whom her father(an NPC) was killed by
خ
Nov 29, 2020 12:13 PM

Jan 2008
TsukuyomiREKT said:
UberBat said:

Yeah, no. People didn't like it because the story was ass. Had very little to do with "misogyny".

Also, the fanboying in this thread is hilarious. The game deserves the hate it gets, and whining about review bombing and saying "mOsT pEoPlE lIkEd It" isn't going to change that.

I've seen quite a lot of reviews on the game and a lot of them were very against Abbey and included some choice words that are not worth repeating.

I'm certainly not fanboying the game. I said it was pretty good, not great just pretty good. I just like to be a voice of reason between the I love it and I hate it crowd. I'm also not whining, I'm pointing out that pre-existing dislike for the game is simply fact.
Nov 29, 2020 12:32 PM

May 2015
UberBat said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

I've seen quite a lot of reviews on the game and a lot of them were very against Abbey and included some choice words that are not worth repeating.

I'm certainly not fanboying the game. I said it was pretty good, not great just pretty good. I just like to be a voice of reason between the I love it and I hate it crowd. I'm also not whining, I'm pointing out that pre-existing dislike for the game is simply fact.

The people hating on it for sexist or misogynistic reasons are in the extreme minority. Most people hate Abby because she's a terribly written character. Also, wasn't referring to you with the fanboying bit.

Nov 29, 2020 12:43 PM

Feb 2010
not Hades or doom enteral? bruh....

i'm not saying the last of us is bad or anything, but it doesn't seem GoTY material when you compare it to the replayability and just hour of fun doom eternal and Hades have.

@Bernrika

true, but i still find it odd that doom eternal didn't get it. but i guess it's because Last of Us also appeals to the non hardcore crowd.
GrimAtramentNov 29, 2020 12:46 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 29, 2020 1:12 PM

Nov 2009
TsukuyomiREKT said:
UberBat said:

Yeah, suuure. It's just a coincidence that most of this thread who is hating on the game "casually" align with the most right wing members and "casually" they complain about propaganda and SJW. This includes you of course.

Also, the fanboying in this thread is hilarious. The game deserves the hate it gets,

People have sent death threats and harassed pretty much every member of the staff involved in this, no they don't "deserve" the hate

and whining about review bombing and saying "mOsT pEoPlE lIkEd It" isn't going to change that.

? Going to change what? The game sold pretty well (Despite what conspiracy theories and people who don't understand sales tell you), has one of the highest completion rates for PS4 games and even won a fan voted online award now (despite people claim it was entirely hated)

Stop seething, this game seem to live rent free in his haters' heads.
Nov 29, 2020 1:24 PM

May 2015
Bernrika said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Yeah, suuure. It's just a coincidence that most of this thread who is hating on the game "casually" align with the most right wing members and "casually" they complain about propaganda and SJW. This includes you of course.

Also, the fanboying in this thread is hilarious. The game deserves the hate it gets,

People have sent death threats and harassed pretty much every member of the staff involved in this, no they don't "deserve" the hate

and whining about review bombing and saying "mOsT pEoPlE lIkEd It" isn't going to change that.

? Going to change what? The game sold pretty well (Despite what conspiracy theories and people who don't understand sales tell you), has one of the highest completion rates for PS4 games and even won a fan voted online award now (despite people claim it was entirely hated)

Man, you sure do love your "muh right-wingers" conspiracy theory bullshit. The vast majority of the people who hate the game hate it for legitimate reasons. Get the fuck over it.

Never said death threats were deserved and they weren't even the type of hate I meant in the first place.

It sold well because ND and Sony fanboys will literally eat up anything they put out. They don't care about quality.

Nov 29, 2020 1:30 PM

Nov 2009
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Bernrika said:

Man, you sure do love your "muh right-wingers" conspiracy theory bullshit. The vast majority of the people who hate the game hate it for legitimate reasons. Get the fuck over it.

Post proof of said claims. Because all I see is people calling the game SJW and memeing about how the characters look.

Never said death threats were deserved and they weren't even the type of hate I meant in the first place.

That's the type of hate they are getting.

It sold well because ND and Sony fanboys will literally eat up anything they put out. They don't care about quality.

Remember when people were claiming this game would "get woke go broke" and literally created conspiracy theories about it selling poorly? Hilarious. The game sold because it's good, deal with it.
Nov 29, 2020 1:33 PM

May 2015
Bernrika said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Post proof of said claims. Because all I see is people calling the game SJW and memeing about how the characters look.

Remember when people were claiming this game would "get woke go broke" and literally created conspiracy theories about it selling poorly? Hilarious. The game sold because it's good, deal with it.

Where's your proof that the sole reason people hate it is because of SJW shit? I'm not seeing it.

That's not the only type. Most of it is justified.

It's not good though. Deal with it.

Nov 29, 2020 1:36 PM

May 2016
Bernrika said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

Halo 4 and 5 sold. And they sucked. Shitty games sell all the time. It is ok to admit you are full or shit, I mean wrong.

Also I can throw in yearly cod/ass creed as well.
Kayle_x_MorganaNov 29, 2020 2:20 PM
Nov 29, 2020 1:44 PM

Oct 2020
PrOxAnto said:
Bernrika said:

We just have to accept that fact and don't let it ruin the enjoyment we did get out of the game.

Yeah, the enjoyment of a mediocre story that pisses on everything the first game was about.
Nov 29, 2020 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
Timebomb420 said:
PrOxAnto said:

Yeah, the enjoyment of a mediocre story that pisses on everything the first game was about.

Hmm strange, for me it enforced the story told by the first game.
Shame you found it mediocre and didn't find the same satisfaction and enjoyment I did.
Nov 29, 2020 2:03 PM

Nov 2008
First game was mediocre gameplay-wise. Above average for a game story-wise, but still meh. Second game looks unappealing story-wise.

I knew it would win.

Nov 29, 2020 2:21 PM

Jul 2020
Damn, really wanted to see DOOM Eternal to win, but whatev.
Nov 29, 2020 3:49 PM

Aug 2017
Fuck this shit. They ruined one of the best franchises ever made. Another game ruined by SJW :( And no the SJW bs was not the only annoying part, the writing and retcons make no sense.

People were so happy that the first game was so good so we expected something equal or better but the result was unfortunately terrible. Worse than we imagined. So, the hate is j-u-s-t-i-f-i-e-d.
NurguburuNov 29, 2020 4:02 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 29, 2020 5:50 PM

Nov 2009
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Bernrika said:

Where's your proof that the sole reason people hate it is because of SJW shit? I'm not seeing it.

Let's take a look at this thread, shall we:

Timebomb420 said:

Calls game propaganda, I wonder why?
Nurguburu said:
Fuck this shit. They ruined one of the best franchises ever made. Another game ruined by SJW :( And no the SJW bs was not the only annoying part, the writing and retcons make no sense.

People were so happy that the first game was so good so we expected something equal or better but the result was unfortunately terrible. Worse than we imagined. So, the hate is j-u-s-t-i-f-i-e-d.

Calls game "SJW"
Fatephile said:
ProfessionalNEET said:
Is the game that people shat on because it had a gay couple in it?

It wasn't because of gay couple
It was because a trans god-knows-who character kills the beloved protagonist of the first game, whom her father(an NPC) was killed by

" trans god-knows-who"

Kayle_x_Morgana said:
A bunch of journalists decide the goty. It isn't a surprise a tranny fucking a self insert of Neil cuckmann was the winner.

Ps, you don't need to play this game to know if it sucks. It is a story game. Just watch it on twitch.

I would bet if gta 6 and cyberpunk came out this year, this useless garbage would still win.

" tranny fucking a self insert of Neil cuckmann "
ArabianLuffy said:
They didn't bother to mention the nominees of "Best Voice-Actors (Performers)", right?. They just jumped to name the winner. Talk about giving no fucks. I'm losing my mind. I must go "Allah Akbar" on those leftest.

This one wants ISIS to come back because of the TloU 2.

But maybe we should look the the thousand of meta-critic review who purely bash the game for being "SJW"? Or the video by youtube grifters who claim it "Got woke go broke"?

https://static-3.bitchute.com/live/cover_images/1T4G52B7I3Ox/cTmgLlrvdXM_640x360.jpg

It's not good though. Deal with it.

Deal with what? Sales, awards and rating disagree with you.You are a tiny minority who has to resort to bombing meta critic to make a point and claim the game was "slammed" by the fans.

Kayle_x_Morgana said:
Bernrika said:

Halo 4 and 5 sold. And they sucked. Shitty games sell all the time. It is ok to admit you are full or shit, I mean wrong.

Also I can throw in yearly cod/ass creed as well.

Cope.
Nov 29, 2020 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
I don't know the game, but I know why the altright is whining and complaining and it's hilarious that the game even won that award now lol
Nov 29, 2020 5:59 PM

Jan 2017
_Maneki-Neko_ said:
I don't know the game, but I know why the altright is whining and complaining and it's hilarious that the game even won that award now lol
The entire gaming industry was against it, not just your self-insert "alt-right".

This is obvious by taking a look at meta critic and seeing the glaring disparity between "reviewers" and the actual userbase.
Nov 29, 2020 6:22 PM

Dec 2008
Bernrika said:

But maybe we should look the the thousand of meta-critic review who purely bash the game for being "SJW"? Or the video by youtube grifters who claim it "Got woke go broke"?

https://static-3.bitchute.com/live/cover_images/1T4G52B7I3Ox/cTmgLlrvdXM_640x360.jpg

I'm glad I didn't buy the 1st game of The Last Of Us, and so is the sequel too. I'm in no loss here.

Anyway, about Metacritic, gamers' rate matter, because they're the only honest ones. Besides, they're the target that games to be sold for them. Critics' reviews are questionable ones yet in the same time reliable. It depends on what game-critic, game-reviewer are we talking about.

Angry Joe
Skill Up
Robin Gaming

etc

Those reviewers at sites, I don't look for them. Let's say Witcher 3 for example. I rather look at gamers opinions at sites like Metacritic rather than some official Metacritic reviewer. Whether they say something positive or negative, that matters not to me.

I also look at the gameplay on YouTube (I don't mind/care about spoilers), the games' mechanics, the story and where it goes. Does the game also feature microtransactions?

The Last Of Us series is not my cup of tea. Not fan of it.

I avoided A LOT of bad games thanks to people like the YouTubers I mentioned

Anthem
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Marvel Avengers
Fallout 76
Evolve

so so many bad games I avoided. I'm glad I'm old.
Nov 29, 2020 7:08 PM

Feb 2010
@ArabianLuffy actually evolve was pretty good when it went free to play and got rid of all the cash grab stuff. had a lot of fun with it before it closed down. it was a good game, but ruined by bad marketing. if they just did the smart thing and made it a simple 60$ game it would probably be still around right now.

No last of us never featured micro transaction to my knowlege.

@Aboar

the anti-sjw reactionaries became what they hate they are now the annoying guys everyone attributes to SJW's.

@Cneq

anyone can make a doze or so alt acc on meta critic and review bomb a game. you know just like what happens to anime on MAL.

also i think you can stop lying through your teeth here when literally multiple people have pointed out joysticks GoTY isn't decided by reviewers but by fan vote.

"winners voted in by the British general public" you can literally google how joystick GoTY works

@Bernrika

the get woke go broke movement was doomed form the beginning because it also ensured that it would cause people to buy the game because people were telling them not to. i.e streisand effect.
GrimAtramentNov 29, 2020 7:23 PM
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 29, 2020 7:10 PM

Sep 2018
My goty is Trails of Cold Steel IV. In terms of mainstream stuff it would go to Ghosts of Tsushima then FF7R.
Nov 29, 2020 7:24 PM

May 2016
ArabianLuffy said:
Bernrika said:

I'm glad I didn't buy the 1st game of The Last Of Us, and so is the sequel too. I'm in no loss here.

Anyway, about Metacritic, gamers' rate matter, because they're the only honest ones. Besides, they're the target that games to be sold for them. Critics' reviews are questionable ones yet in the same time reliable. It depends on what game-critic, game-reviewer are we talking about.

Angry Joe
Skill Up
Robin Gaming

etc

Those reviewers at sites, I don't look for them. Let's say Witcher 3 for example. I rather look at gamers opinions at sites like Metacritic rather than some official Metacritic reviewer. Whether they say something positive or negative, that matters not to me.

I also look at the gameplay on YouTube (I don't mind/care about spoilers), the games' mechanics, the story and where it goes. Does the game also feature microtransactions?

The Last Of Us series is not my cup of tea. Not fan of it.

I avoided A LOT of bad games thanks to people like the YouTubers I mentioned

Anthem
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Marvel Avengers
Fallout 76
Evolve

so so many bad games I avoided. I'm glad I'm old.

Anthem had so much potential to be a good game. To bad piece of shit ea made it.

They are working on a revamp of it. Kind of like no man's sky. Although it is ea so im not holding out hope
Nov 29, 2020 7:25 PM

Feb 2010
rohan121 said:
My goty is Trails of Cold Steel IV.
wat? that games not even out yet bruh. 2021 is it's release date what are you talking about?

oh nvm i guess pc is just getting it late at full price 2 years later.....

Nov 29, 2020 7:27 PM

Sep 2018
hazarddex said:
rohan121 said:
My goty is Trails of Cold Steel IV.
wat? that games not even out yet bruh. 2021 is it's release date what are you talking about?

Trails of Cold Steel IV is already out on PS4. The Switch and PC release are next year.
Nov 29, 2020 7:29 PM

Feb 2010
rohan121 said:
hazarddex said:

Trails of Cold Steel IV is already out on PS4. The Switch and PC release are next year.
oh well won't be reaching it in a while still have to complete the first trail of cold steel game currently on Chapter 2 but will probably be put on haitus when cyberpunk 2077 comes out. i also got side tracked by hades for obvious reasons.

Nov 29, 2020 7:40 PM

Jan 2017
hazarddex said:
@ArabianLuffy actually evolve was pretty good when it went free to play and got rid of all the cash grab stuff. had a lot of fun with it before it closed down. it was a good game, but ruined by bad marketing. if they just did the smart thing and made it a simple 60$ game it would probably be still around right now.

@Aboar

the anti-sjw reactionaries became what they hate they are now the annoying guys everyone attributes to SJW's.

@Cneq

anyone can make a doze or so alt acc on meta critic and review bomb a game. you know just like what happens to anime on MAL.

also i think you can stop lying through your teeth here when literally multiple people have pointed out joysticks GoTY isn't decided by reviewers but by fan vote.

"winners voted in by the British general public" you can literally google how joystick GoTY works

@Bernrika

the get woke go broke movement was doomed form the beginning because it also ensured that it would cause people to buy the game because people were telling them not to. i.e streisand effect.
Lmao since you're going to go for the whole "hur durr google how joystick works"

How about you google The Last of Us 2 review bombing and you would realize this already happened and ALL of them were removed, and guess what? Still a 5.2 it was down to like a 3.2 before at launch.

I find it ironic people somehow find a way to make hating an objectively poorly designed game both in gameplay and narrative some type of political issue and if you hate or support the game it somehow puts you on whatever spectrum you're opposed to. Incredible.

""winners voted in by the British general public" you can literally google how joystick GoTY works"

Do you even know how mathematics work mate? Imagine the sample pool of "the british public" that have the ability to go out of their way to vote for a video game in the midst of 2020 mayhem. News flash, a SMALL ass number lmao

The majority of NORMAL PEOPLE don't even have time to review anything, let alone go the extra-mile for a specific award, just look at how many people own steam games but still never review them. Yet here we have meta critic, the most populated and well known site for review scores in the industry and would you like at that, a 5.7.
Nov 29, 2020 7:49 PM

Dec 2008
hazarddex said:

I know that The Last Of Us series are monetization/micro free. It's just that the game doesn't interest me. I know that TLOU1 was and still praised to this day. As for TLOU2, well that's a whole other issue. I've seen spoilers, and it added more insult to the injury. Like... damn! Really? Too early to die.

Microtransaction, God this is such a long term to type. We're gonna use the acronym MTX. (I got it from YongYea)
===
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
They are working on a revamp of it. Kind of like no man's sky. Although it is ea so im not holding out hope

I'm pretty sure that BioWare threw the towel. There have been no news for like almost a year I believe. If anything interest me from EA, it's only Need For Speed, but there is one big problem. Frostbite.
Nov 29, 2020 7:53 PM

Apr 2015
A shame this garbage got the award, there were so many games miles better than this pile of crap that came out this year. I'm not surprised though. Also, stfu with this stupid crap of calling everyone who dislikes the game "alt-right", not everyone who like's your garbage game is a nazi.
TropischNov 29, 2020 8:06 PM
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Nov 29, 2020 7:53 PM

May 2016
ArabianLuffy said:
hazarddex said:

I know that The Last Of Us series are monetization/micro free. It's just that the game doesn't interest me. I know that TLOU1 was and still praised to this day. As for TLOU2, well that's a whole other issue. I've seen spoilers, and it added more insult to the injury. Like... damn! Really? Too early to die.

Microtransaction, God this is such a long term to type. We're gonna use the acronym MTX. (I got it from YongYea)
===
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

I'm pretty sure that BioWare threw the towel. There have been no news for like almost a year I believe. If anything interest me from EA, it's only Need For Speed, but there is one big problem. Frostbite.

https://blog.bioware.com/2020/10/28/anthem-update-javelin-gameplay-builds/

No they made one a month ago
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.